After All (Jungkook, OC) Part 2

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

OC- Sera

 

The thing with life is that you never know what's going to happen next. It's a never-ending roller coaster ride of surprises; catching you at the least expected moments.


For Sera, this was one of those moments. 

"Is that—?" Sera stared at the boy from across the room, looking through some papers, recognizing his familiar dark hair and pale skin. As if her stare was a magnet, he looked up and their eyes met. He tilted his head before a smile slowly crept to his lips as recognition dawned on him.

"Oh that's—“

"Sera?” he asked when he was in hearing range. “Sera from high school?”

"Park Jimin." She smiled, before giving him a hug. “It’s great to see you!”

"How long has it been?" 

"A while." She chuckled, thinking of how handsome he looked. It's like he didn't age at all! Jimin moved his eyes to her left and Sera suddenly remembered Hoseok, who was watching them with curious eyes. "Oh, this Hoseok, my fiancé."

"Wae?!" He grinned as he reached out his hand. "Park Jimin." 

"Jung Hoseok." he smiled as he took his hand. "Nice to meet you." 

"When's the big day?"

"In two weeks." She answered and Jimin's smile widened, "Whoa! Congratulations! Am I invi—“

"Hyung! I need those sketches!" 

"Alright! I’m coming!” Jimin yelled as he rolled his eyes, excusing himself before walking off to the other side of the room, covered by a screen cover. He returned a second later, his head peeking to look at Sera with a questioning gaze. “You coming? He'd be so happy to see you, I bet." Jimin said and Sera was frozen in place, unable to react. 

"Who?" Hoseok asked curiously, just when a yell sounded. "That's a wrap, guys! Great work!" Everyone applauded and soon they started packing up.

Sera was just about to excuse herself when a black-haired boy emerged from one of the screen covers, immersed with his camera which was hanging around his neck. Jimin had approached him and he switched his focus from his camera to the sketches Jimin was holding. Sera observed him, watching the way his eyes focused on the drawings, his forehead scrunching in concentration, and the way he bit his lower lip as he critiqued each paper. Sera's mouth was slightly open, unable to believe the sight.

It couldn't be...

"Oh!” Hana yelped when she noticed Sera staring at him. “That's sir—“
Jimin had leaned over to him, whispering, and Sera felt like time slowed down as his eyes lifted up, his gaze searching. Sera tried to hide herself but it was a pretty difficult thing to do when there wasn’t anything to use as a barrier; and considering the fact that the studio was practically a wide open space, exposing everything no matter where you stood.

It's been seven years since she last saw him in person. He didn't change much. He still looked as handsome as he was seven years ago, but his features were more defined... more sophisticated. He was wearing a navy polo over a white V-neck shirt, paired with dark jeans and white sneaks. It was a simple get up and yet he pulled it off like it was made for him.

He always does, she thought. When his eyes met hers, Sera felt like time has stopped, her heart feeling like it was being squeezed out of her chest. Looking into his warm brown eyes, the same eyes she had known all her life, everything suddenly made sense...


J.J.

Life is definitely a never-ending roller coaster ride of surprises, she thought as she looked at the boy she never thought she would see again....

It's him...

 

Jeon Jungkook. 


~~~
Sera and Jungkook stared at each other, unmoving. Jungkook had a blank expression on and his stare made Sera feel so vulnerable. Hana had moved towards him, whispering something and Jungkook had leaned in to hear. Sera felt a knot in her chest at their close proximity, which was weird because she shouldn't be feeling that way. 

Right?

After a few seconds, Hana returned with Jungkook and Jimin in tow, dread filling Sera's being at every step they took.

"This is Jeon Jungkook-ssi, owner and head artist of J.J Studios."

Jungkook bowed, "Nice to meet you. Please call me Jungkook."

"It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm a big fan of your work, Jungkook-ssi. " Hoseok said as he reached out his hand. "I'm Jung Hoseok, and this my fiancé, Sera."

Jungkook switched his gaze towards her, pursing his lips. Sera didn't know what to say so instead she bowed, "Jungkook-ssi."

"Sera." he answered, and Sera looked at him. She couldn't help notcing how her name coming off his lips sounded both foreign and familiar to her ears. His voice was deeper and yet she knew it was his voice. 

"Okay, this is awkward..." Jimin muttered in an inaudible voice but Sera was close enough to hear and she wanted to kick him in the shin or something. 

“Jimin-hyung, why don’t you take these sketches to my office?” Jungkook suddenly said and Sera thanked him for doing something about him.

“You can’t boss me around!”

“I’m not bossing you around, hyung. I’m simply asking you to put away these sketches to my office.” He said as he s the papers into his hand, a little too forcefully.

Jimin rolled his eyes and sighed, giving Sera a small smile before leaving.  

Jungkook looked back at her and bowed, "Mianhe. It's nice to meet you, Sera-ssi." She looked up in surprise, wondering why he just said those words.

We've already met, she wanted to say, but Jungkook had already looked away, focusing his attention back to Hoseok. "So what brings you here, Hoseok-ssi?" 

"Oh!" Hoseok smiled."Well I actually got one of your paintings for Sera—“

"Which one?"

"The Romeo and Juliet."

Jungkook glanced at her, "I see."

Oh god, Sera thought. 

"And she loved it so much she just had to meet you."

Shut up, dear. she whimpered in her head.

"Really?" Jungkook prodded as he crossed his arms, and Sera felt like a teenage girl with her mom, embarrassed of what's being said about her. "Did you really like it, Sera-ssi?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter