Same Old, Jungkook (Jungkook, Jin, OC)

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This request is for VelvetLove01007 :)

Hope you like it, dear ^_^

 

OC- Aera


"Jagiya~! I told you to be more careful!"

Aera closed her eyes and lifted the phone slightly away from her ear as her boyfriend, Jin, scolded her. She was admitted to the hospital earlier this afternoon when she accidentally slipped and fell down a flight of stairs, causing her to break her right leg. These kinds of things always happen to her. She was a klutz and she couldn't understand why she couldn't control her clumsiness. It was like she was born with it or was somehow fated to fall off stairs or bump into glass doors, unknowingly. 

"Yeobo," she cooed over the phone when Jin finally took a breather. "I'm fine, really."

"You just had to fall off when I'm not there." He sighed and she couldn't help but laugh. "Aish Jagi! What am I going to do with you?"

Aera giggled, finding her worried boyfriend incredibly cute.

"Don't laugh, Aera. This is serious." He scolded. "I should put you in a bubble or something. That way you won't hurt yourself; or tie you up in a chair till I get back." Aera rolled her eyes. Jin tended to take things too seriously whenever it came to matters that concerned her health, her schooling, or—now that she thought about it... anything about her, really. "Look, Jin Jin." She said, knowing how calling him cute nicknames always made him calm down. "I'm fine, alright? You just go have fun at camp."

Jin was out of town for a camping trip in which he volunteered as a counselor to some boy scouts. He had left yesterday morning and wouldn't be back till late afternoon tomorrow and it literally drove him crazy; knowing that he couldn’t be here to take care of Aera.

"How can I have fun when I know my girlfriend is at the hospital? Alone, broken—“

Aera groaned and rolled her eyes, "Stop being dramatic.You’re exaggerating. It's just a broken leg! It will heal. The doctor said it wasn't even that serious. It's almost like a sprain—“

Jin sighed heavily over the line, "I'm just worried about you, Jagi."

Aera sighed. Despite Jin being a little overprotective and paranoid at times, he was still the sweetest boyfriend in the world. "I love you, yeobo."

Jin sighed, "I love you too. I'll be there tomorrow okay?"

"I can't wait!"

"You make it sound like it's a date." He chuckled. 

"Being with you is always a date." Aera said flirtatiously.

Jin smirked and Aera could practically feel him rolling his eyes. "Just be good, okay? Follow what the doctor says. And please… try not to break anything else while I’m gone."

"Yes sir." She suddenly heard children laughing and a few hollers followed by Jin’s sighing. "I have to go. Watching over the kids on the next activity."

"Have fun!" She chirped. 

"Love you."

She made loud kissy noises making Jin laugh before finally hanging up. 

Aera looked around her empty hospital room; white and completely bare of color. She sighed as she reached for the remote on the nightstand. It was quite a struggle considering her leg was in a cast and was propped up by some contraption. When she finally got it, she huffed, "That felt like a marathon." 

~~~

You could only do so much in a hospital bed; which pretty much consisted of activities that involved a lot of sitting and lying down. Aera was alone and didn't have any company. Her parents were at work, her siblings and friends were at school, and her boyfriend was out of town. She didn't have anyone to take care of her. Not that she was asking, but it would be nice to have some company at least. 


A couple of hours later, the door opened and a guy walked in. Aera just woke up from another short nap; rubbing the sleep from her eyes as she squinted to see. She couldn’t make up his features since he was wearing a cap and was currently looking down on the floor.

“Who—“

The guy looked up and a familiar face smiled at her. Aera’s eyes widened in recognition.

"Jungkook?" She said and when he removed his cap, his smile widenend. Aera yelped, "Jungkookie!"

Jungkook chuckled, "Annyeong noona. Did you miss me that much?" 

Aera smiled as she took in the boy in front of her. It's been months since she'd last seen her dongsaeng, Jeon Jungkook. With all the training that he does, he hardly has time to see her. For such a young age, Jungkook was incredibly talented in both singing and dancing. Aera had met him through a classmate of hers who works at the same company Jungkook trains in. They were put into a situation where they were able to talk and bam! Aera discovered that they had a lot of things in common. For once, they’re both into dancing and music. They easily clicked and they remained close friends ever since; so close that she practically considers him as family…as her own brother. 

"What are you doing here?" She asked happily as Jungkook gave her a hug. "Don't you have training?"

"Jin hyung called me." He mumbled against her hair and Aera pulled away to look at him. "Oh no, he did? Aish! I told him to stop worrying—“

"Ani~" Jungkook smiled; that rabbit smile of his which she missed so much. "Hyung didn't ask me to come. He actually called me about something else and I asked about you and he said you were here so I came as soon as practice was over." He suddenly frowned as he stared at my cast, “How are you?”

 

“Okay.” She shrugged.

 

“Did it hurt?”

“Huh? What hurt?”

“Falling off the stairs.”

“Oh!” Aera chuckled and Jungkook smiled at her cuteness. She always made him laugh with her clumsiness and late reactions. “Not really.”

“I pity the stairs, then.” He joked and she smacked him playfully on the arm. “Ha-ha.”

Jungkook sat beside the bed. Aera couldn't help it and leaned over to ruffle his red hair, earning a glare from the boy. "Aish! Noona!"

"Mianhe," she chuckled, pinching his cheek. "I just missed you, Kookie."

In normal circumstances, he would have smacked her hand away but seeing her smile made Jungkook's heart melt and his gaze softened, "I missed you too, noona." Jungkook was happy that he got to see his favorite noona. Despite the five-year age difference, she's able to stoop to his level and they conversed almost like they're of the same age. Aera was also the one who took care of him. Because of training, he had to move from the province and into the city where he shared an apartment with five other boys. If it weren't for Aera who looked after them—after him, he wouldn't have survived his first year. 

“So, what are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter