More than Perfect (Jungkook, OC)

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is an au from one of my first chaptered fics, "After All". The story can't be found here on AFF (Although Prince Charming and Love is Easy, the prequels to After All, are available in this collection) and is only available on my Tumblr blog. Read it now!

To those who have read it (Since it was here on AFF before), this is the much awaited "peek" into Jungkook and Sera's married lives as parents. :P

 

Sera grunted as she lifted the silver luggage from the conveyor belt, sighing in relief at finally having found it after standing there for a full ten minutes.

To say her trip was terrible would be an understatement. It was in fact one of the most difficult and hectic ones yet. Sera had been working in the art industry for years now and if people thought being an art consultant was an easy enough job, they were absolutely mistaken.

It was more than just having a knack for interpreting art pieces and affirming the right one's that would suit her client's interest. It also took a lot of persuading and explaining, as not everyone was familiar in the business of art. Sera was given a project by a huge international corporation who was setting up a new office in Prague, and she had been working nonstop contacting both clients and artists to fill the office space with decorative art that would be brand-appropriate.

She had her schedules filled for two weeks, going to and fro places in Europe to meet artists in search for art pieces. Whether they were renowned or rookies, it didn't matter. Sera always believed great art could come from anyone.

It was only a matter of finding the right piece for the right person.

Sera sighed and rubbed her forehead. The plane had landed half past 9 A.M. here in Seoul and Sera could feel the jet lag seeping though her bones, considering her body has yet to adjust to the time difference. It would be around 2:30 A.M. in Prague and her body was simply craving for sleep.

Katalk!

Sera blinked and got her phone from her pocket and opened a new message. A smile immediately made its way to when she read it:

Yeobo~ we miss you. Hurry up!

Sera rolled her eyes at that before placing her luggage on the cart and pushing it towards the exit, suddenly feeling rejuvenated despite the awfully long flight and overall exhausting trip.

At the arrival gate, her eyes searched for a familiar form in the group of people huddled against the barricade. She frowned slightly when she couldn't see them and was about to take our her phone to call when,

"Eomma!!!"

Sera jumped slightly at the familiar voice, head snapping up and eyes searching wildly for the source. Turning around, her eyes settled on one—two familiar forms standing a few feet away from her, wearing identical smiles.

Sera felt her exhaustion melting away at the sight of the two most important people in her life.

Jungkook stood there with Jino, their little Jino, on his shoulders; grins plastered on their faces while waving frantically. It was almost surreal how much they looked alike. Jino definitely looked like a mini version of her husband—from his doe-shaped eyes to that cute little overbite grin.

Sera felt herself smiling as widely as she watched Jino tap his father's head lightly, asking to be put down. Once his little feet were on the floor, the 4-year-old made a run for it—barrelling right into her open arms.

"Oh I've missed you, baby!" Sera said as she hugged her son tight. Two weeks was definitely too long and she made a mental note not to take any more projects that would take her away that long. She kissed the side of his head tenderly before glancing up, eyes immediately locking with her "other" baby.

Jungkook stood there in a navy blue dress shirt and black slacks, his head covered by a brown bonnet. He smiled at her—and it was the smile Sera knew he only saved for her. It was that smile that crinkled his nose and the corner of his eyes so cutely.

"Hey kiddo, can daddy have a turn with mommy?" He asked jokingly, and Jino's grip around Sera loosened, and he looked at her with a toothy grin.

"Appa missed you a lot eomma." He said a matter of fact before pulling at her hands so she could stand. Once she and Jungkook were at eye level, the latter just stared at her as if he was seeing her for the very first time. Sera wasn't sure how he does it: how Jungkook could make her feel shy under his gaze like a high school girl despite having been married for more than six years now.

Some magic... sparks... just never die down, she supposed as she smiled at him.

"Come on appa, you said you wanted to hug eomma when you see her!" Jino prompted which made the two young parents chuckle. For a four year old, Jino was definitely a smart talker.

Just like his dad, Sera thought in amusement just as Jungkook slipped an arm around her waist and pulled her in for a hug.

"Is that true?" She asked teasingly and Jungkook replied with a sigh.

"So much. I've missed you so much." He whispered against her neck and Sera melted into his embrace, missing his familiar scent and the way he fitted against her body so effortlessly.

"I've missed you more." She said, voice cracking slightly at how much she meant it. Jungkook's embrace tightened at that.

"Hey kiddo, I'm gonna ask you to close your eyes for a sec."

Sera blinked at the weird request but before she could ask, Jungkook had let go and cupped her cheeks, and then pulled her in for a passionate kiss. She willed herself not to moan right there in front of her son—and then reminded herself to scold her husband for that surprise attack right in the middle of the airport.

Nonetheless, she loved it. If there was one thing she loved most about Seoul other than seeing her son's smile, it was coming home to Jungkook's kisses.

When they finally parted, they were both smiling and slightly breathless. It was almost embarrassing how much her heart pounded in her chest after that.

"Two weeks was definitely too long." He whispered as he leant his forehead against hers. "Let's not do that again."

Sera chuckled before leaning in to peck his lips once more. "Agreed."

"Eomma, did you get me toys?"

They looked down at Jino who still had his hands covered against his eyes and Jungkook chuckled at his cuteness before ruffling his hair affectionately.

"It's okay to look now, kiddo."

Jino removed his hands from his eyes and smiled brightly. Sera turned and retrieved a paper bag from the cart and the little boy's face lit up like a Christmas tree at the sight of it.

"I wouldn't forget, of course." She said as she handed him the bag, which he took excitedly.

"Hey, baby don't open it now. Let's do it the car okay?" Jungkook told Jino as he held Sera's luggage.

"Okay appa." Jino said as he led the way towards the exit. Sera smiled as he watched him walk, practically oozing with excitement as he held the paper bag filled with toys. She felt Jungkook's hand slipping onto hers as they started to walk.

"Tired?" He asked and Sera hummed in response as she leaned against his arm.

"Yeah... but I've missed you two more." She yawned and Jungkook chuckled before kissing the crown of her head.

"Jino's couldn't wait to see you," He said a matter of fact. "I could barely get him to bed last night."

"You got him to sleep on time for the past two weeks? I'm impressed, baby."

Jungkook rolled his eyes and scoffed at that. "F.Y.I., my father skills are superb."

Sera grinned and turned her head slightly to the right so she could kiss his arm. "I know they are, Jungkook."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, I married you didn't I?"

There was a slight pause and Jungkook's smile softened, her words making his heart beat a tad faster than usual.

"So you married me because I was 'husband material'?" He asked teasingly just as Sera took Jino's hand before they crossed the street.

"That... and because you were totally hot." She winked at him, which made Jungkook laugh.

And maybe blush just a little bit.

Sera was surprised when she woke up to the other side of the bed empty and her bedside clock blinking 10: 08 A.M. The last thing she remembered was passing out in the afternoon the day before for a nap. She had told herself she'd wake later that night to send over some final rationales to her client, but she didn't anticipate that she would be waking the next morning.

Oh well, I can just email them later, she thought. Sera sat up and blinked blearily at her surroundings, realizing that she was in her bed—in her very own bedroom at home. The fact made her sigh in relief as for once her back didn't ache from sleeping on an unfamiliar bed.

Her hand suddenly touched the other side of the mattress, which was already cold, and she frowned slightly.

What day is it today? She asked herself, wondering if Jungkook had work at the studio. Once she got her bearings straight, she swung herself out of bed and put on her robe before making her way downstairs; knowing she had hungry boys to feed breakfast.

But she didn't expect the sight that welcomed her upon entering the kitchen, rendering her immobile with an endeared smile on her face.

Jino was busily putting whipped cream on what looked like pancakes stacked on a plate. Behind him was Jungkook by the stove, cooking up some friend eggs.

Sera wished she had her phone with her so she could snap a photo of this wonderful scene in front of her.

Just then, her eyes widened when Jino suddenly stood from the stool to reach for the chocolate syrup on the other side of the counter. Sera already knew what would happen if he did that but before she could come to the rescue, Jungkook was already behind him, one hand on the pan while the other wrapped around his son's waist, pulling him back down to his seat.

Sera was quite impressed.

"Careful kiddo. Ask appa to get things, okay? We don't want to make a mess or your eomma will get mad."

"Okay, appa." Jino answered obediently as Jungkook placed the syrup in front of him and kissed the top of his head, before placing the eggs on a plate.

Sera's heart melted into a puddle right there and then. They were too adorable. And Jungkook was sporting that apron a little too well than any normal person should.

Nobody should look that good, Sera thought, as she not so subtly checked her husband out.

Jungkook was in the middle of wiping his hands on a towel when he glanced up and saw Sera by the doorway. She blushed slightly for having been caught staring but he didn't seem to notice.

"Hey." He said, lips turning up in a smile. "Morning."

"Eomma!"

"Good morning." Sera chuckled as she sat herself on the stool beside Jino and kissed the side of his head. "What are you making, sweetheart?"

"Chocolate pancakes," he answered. "We can share eomma. Appa lets me eat all the chocolates for breakfast!"

Sera looked at Jungkook sharply at that, whose eyes went wide like a deer caught in the headlights. She raised an eyebrow, displeased by that info.

"We had lots of vegetables too, honey."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter