Take You Home (Baekhyun, OC) Part 2/2

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Story cover by the wonderful @sleeplesswritersaito :) Thank you Em for continuously creating such fantastic arts for my stories. <3

A/N: Sorry for the delay! Was supposed to post this up on Baekpup’s birthday but i got caught up on my schedule. :( Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy the continuation!

 

OC - Kang Nami

The following days felt like hell as Nami and Baekhyun avoided each other like they had a disease.

This was the longest that they haven’t acknowledged each other: a week and counting. And Nami couldn't help but feel guilty and upset every single time she would see Baekhyun around campus, smiling and laughing with other people like nothing happened.

They would pass by each other in the hallways like strangers, which caused Nami's heart to twist whenever she turned and saw him walking ahead unaffected.

She wanted to apologize but felt like doing so would only make matters worse.

What would she even say?

I'm sorry for ignoring your feelings? Nami sighed, thinking how it wasn't that easy considering Baekhyun, her longest and closest friend, had confessed that he had loved her for years.

How do you apologize for hurting someone that long?

And then there's also the fact that knowing about his feelings only made her feel confused, considering all that things he said when they fought were true...

Nami had been unhappy for a while now. And it was mostly because of Jun. Baekhyun's words echoed in her thoughts and it made her wonder why she even denied it for so long.

She and Jun had long passed the honeymoon phase of their relationship and everyday felt like they were being pulled apart by an invisible force towards opposite ends. Nami knew their relationship was going downhill and there was simply no stopping it.

The only question was: how come nobody was making the first move to say so?

And that's the reason why Nami stayed. In the hopes that things could go back to the way it was... That he could somehow change…

"Hey Baekhyun!"

Nami looked up from her reading and her eyes immediately settled on her best friend who was jogging across the university quadrangle with a big smile plastered on his face.

Longing washed over her like a wave and she realized just how much she missed her best friend; missed talking to him... missed him smiling at her....

Baekhyun, she thought, unable to call out his name as he disappeared from her view when he stepped into the building with a classmate.

Baekhyun, she called again in her thoughts, wishing she was brave enough to say it with her own voice.

~~~

"Let's call it a day." Minseok called out as they finished the last song of their set.

Baekhyun nodded with a sigh before turning off his keyboard. He started to pull out the cords when Jongdae nudged him, his guitar still hanging over his frame. 

"Hey, you okay?"

"Fine." Baekhyun answered almost robotically. He continued fixing his things, tying the cord around his hand in a loop before placing it inside his bag.

"So... Nami. Haven't seen her around lately."

Baekhyun paused at his words for a second and then resumed, looking too focused on what he was doing.

“She’s busy, I guess.” He muttered in reply and Jongdae held himself back from snorting.

“Yeah and I have two eyes in perfect shape Baek,” Jongdae answered sarcastically, making Baekhyun sigh deeply. He could never really lie to him—or any of his bandmates.

"We... we had a fight." He admitted, thinking how it would be useless to keep it from them as they would—one way or another— eventually find out. "Thought it would be best for the both of us if we spent some time apart."

"Letting it cool down?"

"Hmm."

Jongdae chewed on his lower lip for a moment then said, "Good call, I guess... but—“

"But what?"

"I don't know... you two aren't the type to prolong something you fought about, you know? I think this is the longest I've seen you guys apart so I was...concerned."

"We're fine." Baekhyun grumbled. "We'll work something out. Anyway, she seems to be fine. You saw her yesterday right?"

Jongdae thought back to yesterday at the library when he and Baekhyun were looking for a couple of textbooks for their English assignment.

Nami happened to be there too, sitting by one of the desks near the Psychology section. For a brief moment, Jongdae saw the two lock eyes; an unspoken message passing between them.

He knew they could've talked it out then but before either of them could make a move, a group of girls approached Nami which had her smiling and laughing along with them as if nothing happened.

Jongdae felt like he was watching a drama when Baekhyun turned abruptly, leaving him. He knew he was avoiding Nami then considering the books they needed were on the shelves right behind her. He chewed on his lower lip, thinking if only Baekhyun had stayed a split second longer, he could've seen the way Nami's eyes searched for him before sighing in frustration and banging her head against the desk when she saw him nowhere to be found.

"Okay." Jongdae said even though he could see right through Baekhyun's lies. "Just making sure everything's okay."

"Your concern is flattering." Baekhyun teased, and Jongdae stuck out his tongue at him before chuckling and turning away to wrap up as well.

Baekhyun frowned the moment his friend turned, thinking how he was definitely not okay with Nami and how they were ignoring each.

He missed her, that much he knew. But he also knew it was going to be difficult to face her again after he confessed his heart out and got a flat “no” for an answer.

Well it wasn't exactly a no, a small voice in his head said. But he waved away that spark of hope before he could read too much into it. He never thought Nami would have a change of heart upon his confession. In fact, he had expected the rejection. It was his fault for acting so late; for not telling her sooner and letting his feelings grow until he was completely submerged, unable to rise from the high tides that was his love for Nami.

He was a coward. And now… he was paying the price.

While packing his things, his hand brushed his phone on the desk and he wanted so badly to contact her. To call Nami… to send her a text...

Anything.

But fear and humiliation crept around his heart and mind, causing him to change his mind and put his phone into his pocket instead.

"This !" Chanyeol suddenly exclaimed, holding up what looked like a bitten sandwich. He threw it into the nearest trash bin then desperately searched for water. Minseok went over to him with a bottle and told him to stop eating food that was obviously way beyond its expiration date while Chanyeol protested it still smelled fine before gargling a mouthful of water.

Yeah, Baekhyun thought as he clicked the lock on his keyboard case. Yeah it does.

~~~

Nami chewed on her lip as she walked through the gravelled path. She was on her way to the Han river, right towards the tree near the parking lot where they usually met.

The spring breeze was comforting but it wasn't enough to alleviate the nervousness in her chest.  She had texted him earlier this afternoon to meet... after a few nights of thinking and hesitating to pick up the phone and just tell him.

Tell him how sorry she was that she had fooled themselves for so long.

She was glad she had managed to make him come, knowing how busy he was on Wednesday afternoons with his practice—

Beep.

Nami's steps faltered, her feet creating a crunching sound as she halted to check her phone.

I'm almost there.

Nami sighed and replied a quick "'me too" before continuing to walk. After crossing the street and turning another corner, she found the tunnel that led towards the riverside. She stopped before crossing the next street, waiting for the pedestrian signal to turn green.

Placing her hands in her hoodie’s pockets, she turned to her right and caught sight of a blue Honda parking on the other end of the street.

A guy hopped out of the passenger seat and crossed the hood towards the driver's side. The window rolled down and he smiled before leaning in to kiss the driver. It was a girl.

They were laughing now and Nami thought how she has never seen him smile like that in such a long time...

The lights turned green but Nami never crossed the street. Instead, she turned back where she came from and walked away unnoticed.

~~~

Baekhyun lay on his bed; eyes wide open with his jumbled thoughts floating across the ceiling.

He sighed heavily and wondered what Nami was doing at the moment. Usually at this time, he would've been pestering her with text messages; sending her memes or stupid stuff he came across on 9GAG.

He groaned and sat up from his bed abruptly, ruffling his hair in frustration. He couldn't stop thinking about Nami (as usual) and he was adamant at ending their little fight.

The only problem was: he didn't know how.

They never had a fight this big before and never did they have one that lasted this long...

About 10 days and eight hours, he thought. Baekhyun was definitely counting.

Before his sorrows and despair got the best of him (and before he managed to call Chanyeol to play games as a last resort to cheer himself up), his phone rang.

Baekhyun reached out for the device sitting on his bedside table and the moment he saw the caller ID, his eyes bulged.

"Nami?" He answered instantly and the voice that followed, as well the words it said was enough to have him grappling for a clean shirt and pants, and rushing out of his dorm so fast he rivalled the speed of light.

~~~

Baekhyun arrived at the restaurant by the corner street near Myeongdong, panting and slightly sweating by the entrance after having run from the train station.

An old woman carrying a tray with empty glasses passed him and eyed him almost suspiciously.

"Hello," Baekhyun greeted with a bow. "I’m sorry, but I'm looking for—“

The old lady pointed at the corner and Baekhyun saw a familiar figure slouched over a table, filled with several bottles of Soju.

"You tell girlfriend not to drink so many, huh?" The old woman told him with a cluck of her tongue, looking extremely disappointed. "Not good for lady."

Baekhyun nodded before making his way towards the table where the night's drunkard lay.  

Nami's was hunched over the table, unmoving, and Baekhyun thought perhaps she had already fallen asleep. He looked over to the table and frowned at the Soju bottles, thinking how Nami was more responsible than that to get drunk like this.

Her tolerance isn’t even that high, Baekhyun thought worriedly as he laid a hand on her shoulder and shook her slightly.

"Yah. Kang Nami, why did you—“

Baekhyun paused when Nami lifted her head and turned to look at him. His frown deepened when he saw blotchy cheeks and bloodshot eyes that looked like it had been crying a river.

What happened? Baekhyun wanted to ask as overprotectiveness surged over him but the words seemed to die on his lips the moment turned up in a smile.

"Baek? You're here!" She cheered; eyes alight and head swaying slightly to the right. Baekhyun's arm muscles tensed as he prepared to catch her head. He wouldn't want her face walloping to the table.

"Let's drink!!" she slurred as she took her glass and offered it to him. "My treat—“

"I think you had enough drinks for tonight." Baekhyun said sternly as he plucked the glass from her hand. To his surprise, Nami held his free hand in return and electricity shot through his arm it almost made him jump in surprise.

"Boo. No fun." She pouted and Baekhyun resisted the urge to kiss her then. She was being too cute for her own good.

"Come on." He said, voice a little rough as he held her arms to pull her up.

"Don't wanna!" She whined but Baekhyun was too strong for her anyway and soon enough she was standing. Sort of since Baekhyun was carrying half her weight.

Baekhyun had his arms around her waist for support as he led his drunken best friend to the door.

"Thank you." Baekhyun said to the old woman as they passed by the cashier. A boy—probably his age—was standing beside her, wiping some glasses. "How did you manage to call me?"

The old woman merely stared at him and it was the boy who answered, "Oh. She had her phone open and your contact was on the screen. She kept calling your name too so we figured to call you before she knocked out completely.”

Baekhyun glanced down just as Nami glanced up at him with sleepy eyes and a funny smile. He smiled back at her tightly which made her smile even more before snuggling against his chest like a cat.

Baekhyun huffed as his heart began to race. If she kept this up, he knew he wouldn't be able to hold himself back.

"Thank you. Again." He said, bowing politely before stumbling out of the restaurant with Nami in his arms.

~~~

"Nam, you gotta work with me here."

They just got out of the subway and Baekhyun was just about done with Nami's whining and inability to walk straight. It was a few minutes’ walk to her apartment from the station and Baekhyun was trying his best to hold her weight.

It was late and the streets were empty, which caused him to think just how lucky he was that those restaurant owners were kind enough to call him. He wouldn't know what to do if he found out Nami was knocked out somewhere and he was just in his dorm room playing video games.

He had calmed down from the initial shock and worry from the phone call earlier that night and Baekhyun breathed in and out deeply as they walked the quiet streets.

This was the first time in days that they were together and it was almost sad that one of them was too drunk to even remember what was happening.

After a few moments, Nami spoke, "Baekhyunnie~ I'm tired."

Baekhyun stopped walking and looked at his best friend, who was pouting ever so cutely like she was going to cry. He sighed, unable to resist her charms (even her drunken state charms), and crouched down in front of her.

"Come on, hop on."

"Yaaaay!"

Baekhyun grunted as Nami hopped onto his back, her arms winding around his neck as his hands gripped her thighs to pull her up in a more comfortable position.

"Better?" He asked before starting to walk.

"Mmm."

The silence that followed wasn't so awkward like the past few days had been. Baekhyun smiled, remembering how he often gave her piggy back rides before too—back when she was smaller and less heavy.

He was glad he took his gym class seriously and took that advice from Minseok to work out once in a while or else he wouldn't have been able to carry her with his previously so-called gangly arms and legs.

Nami was humming what he recognized as a nursery rhyme and Baekhyun bit his lip to keep from laughing. She must really be drunk for her to be singing “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” out of nowhere.

"Sing with me Baekhyunnie~" She slurred as she tapped his chest twice.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "No."

"Boo. Come on, twinkle twinkle little star!"

Baekhyun sighed and shook his head, unable to resist and eventually he sang, "How I wonder what you are?"

"Up above the world so high—“

"Like a diamond in the sky."

"Twinkle twinkle little star,"

"How I wonder what you are!” Baekhyun sang, finishing the song at the top of his lungs which made Nami cheer for joy. He smiled at that, half amused and half endeared.

"You're so cute." Baekhyun blurted, unable to help it. He then felt a shiver go through his body when Nami nuzzled against his neck with a giggle. He held his breath, trying to keep himself in check.

"You're cute too." She replied and Baekhyun tried not to think she meant that in a different way.

In a "more than jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter