Drive Thru (Jungkook, You) Part 2

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

as promised, I’d write a part 2 :) Enjoy! Sorry for corrections.. I was slightly sleepy while editing this so there might be some typos. /peace/

Part 1

 

"Home sweet home!!!"

Jungkook shook his head amusedly as he watched Jimin slump against the couch of their living room; a sleepy grin plastered on his lips. It's been weeks since they've been home like this after flying to several locations for their Epilogue tour. Not to mention the KCON events that took place in Paris, New York, and L.A in between.

Jungkook practically lived in airports and hotel rooms for the past few weeks with s and being home right now, knowing that he would be sleeping in his own bed, fills him with great joy.

Upon entering his bedroom, he immediately went to his desk and opened his backpack. And with a smile, retrieved a scarlet rectangular box. He looked up at the wall clock and saw that it was 6:30 PM.

Perfect, he thought; knowing you would be ending your classes in an hour or so.

He looked down at the box once again and opened it, revealing a slim silver bracelet with a few charms he had collected as he toured from country to country.

Jungkook knew you hated fancy gifts like this but he also knew you well enough (you've been his friend since middle school, back when he was a scrawny gamer geek) to know that you loved the sentimental gifts the most. You were one of those "it's the thought that counts" and while Jungkook was a firm believer in big gifts and grand presents are what makes the world go round, it was one of the things he liked most about you.

"I never thought you were into pretty bracelets, Jungkook-ah."

Jungkook jumped and looked up suddenly, snapping the box shut in the process. Namjoon looked down at him amusedly before making his way to his bed.

"It's not for me." Jungkook explained with a huff.

"I know. For Y/N, right?" He replied, and Jungkook sighed with a slight nod. He never really tried to deny or hide his crush on you from s considering that Jungkook was as transparent as a glass window as Yoongi would often say. Everyone knew he liked you from the very first moment Jungkook introduced you to them.

"Birthday gift?"

"Just… a gift."

At that Namjoon looked at him skeptically. "Doesn't she like... have a boyfriend?"

"Your point?" Jungkook said flatly, trying his hardest not to sound too bitter. He was still not completely accepting of the idea of you and Jinsoo dating. He didn't exactly dislike the guy but he wasn't someone he would like to be friends with either. Jungkook was glad he was too busy with his own job for you to even suggest the idea of hanging out together with him.

Namjoon raised his hands up in surrender. "Just saying, if my girlfriend got gifts from good-looking idol best friends then I have every right to feel threatened. Not to mention jealous..."

"You think I'm good-looking?" Jungkook said cheekily and Namjoon rolled his eyes.

"Aren't we all?"

"Your confidence is shooting to the roof nowadays, Joon hyung. What's got you so high?"

"I'm trying to give you serious relationship advice here and I'm honestly feeling so attacked right now." He said, mocking a hurt expression.

"What's the advice, exactly?" Jungkook chuckled slightly as he slipped the box back into his bag. "We're just friends..."

"Yeah, friends.” he emphasized, and Jungkook caught a hint of sarcasm in his tone. “One-sided love can get ugly, Jungkook-ah. Especially when the other side is already taken..."

At that Jungkook was silenced, knowing it was true. But he knew his morals and he most definitely knew when to draw the line. You were taken so he knew his place. He wasn't the type of guy to ruin someone’s relationship just so he could steal you away.

Even if his heart was screaming for him to do so.

"I'm not going to do anything, hyung." Jungkook looked at him seriously, not even denying that fact that he had feelings for you. It was a little funny and pathetic, how the only person he would never admit it to was you.

Namjoon hummed as he lay against the headboard of his bed. "Yeah," he said just as he placed his headphones over his ears. "That's what they all say."

~~~

"Hey babe, do you wanna go out for coffee tonight?"

You just got off your last class and was feeling quite great considering the results of your recent exam was better than you had expected it to be. To your delight, you even became one of the top scorers in class. It made you happy that all those nights spent studying your off was worth it.

"Sorry, Y/N. I have a study group this evening..." Jinsoo replied and you slowed in your steps, the disappointment sinking in your chest.

"But it's a Friday." You half whined, then bit your tongue before you could add how he also turned you down the week before.

"I'm really sorry, but I can't. We have a big exam coming up on Monday and with my thesis and all—"

"Yeah. Yeah, totally understandable. Anyway, I... I just remembered I have something to do tonight." You said instead, not wanting to pick a fight. You hated it when he drew the “thesis” card.

You didn't want to think that Jinsoo never made time for you these days but that's exactly what you were thinking and it was stressing you out. Most of the time, you just ignore it but some days, it was hard not to.

"Okay. Next time, alright? I’ll text you later."

It's always next time, you thought but didn't dare say it and just hummed in response before hanging up.

You sighed as you fixed your bag on your shoulders before heading out of the building, thinking about what movie you'll be watching tonight.

Or rather movies since there isn't really anything to do now—

"Psst!"

You snapped up at the sound, face scrunching in confusion when you saw no one looking at you directly. Shrugging, you continued on walking.

"Pssssttt!"

You snapped up again, a little irritated. You hated it when people calls somebody's attention like that. What's the point of having names, right?

"Psst!"

"Okay, what the—" you turned and your eyes immediately settled on a hooded figure near the right side of the building. He was leaning casually on the wall, hands in his jean pockets. When he held his head up higher, you caught a glimpse of a smile and then a face…

"Oh my—" you hissed, already grinning as you went towards the figure. The closer you got, the more you confirmed his identity and before you knew it, you had flung yourself into his arms.

And he caught you effortlessly, like he always did.

"You didn't tell me you already came back!!" You squealed and you felt his chest vibrate as he chuckled.

Jungkook tightened his hold on you before lifting you up and spinning you around. The gesture made you squeal even more.

"I wanted it to be a surprise!" He said in a hushed—excited—tone as he placed you back down on the ground. He looked down at you with that bunny smile of his and you couldn't keep the grin off your face. It's been a couple of months since you've last seen him. Not to mention a few weeks since you two had the chance to Skype call. So seeing him right now just boosted your mood by a mile. "I just got back a few hours ago..."

At that you frowned. “What?! Why did you come here then? You should be resting! You must be jet-lagged..." Now that you've mentioned it, you noticed the slight weariness in his expression but his eyes were bright and alight and you knew Jungkook well enough that he was really happy to see you.

As much as you were happy to see him.

"It's fine. I...I wanted to see you anyway." He admitted and you felt yourself blush. There was something in his words, and in the way he looked at you as he said it (like he really meant it)  that sent a weird feeling in your stomach.

Butterflies, you thought then cleared your throat before Jungkook noticed the blush dusting your cheeks.

"Aigoo~ did Jungkookie miss me?" You pulled his hood down to ruffle his hair playfully which he hissed at as he slapped your hand away and put his hood back up.

"Yah. Stop. I don't want anyone recognizing me." He said as he hid himself in that hood of his. "And no. I just came because I needed someone to bother."

You smiled then punched his arm lightly, "Missed you too, dude."

Jungkook stuck his tongue at you then smiled when he saw you laugh. "So, you have plans tonight?"

"That depends..." You looked at him mischievously. "What do you have in mind?"

"I don't know... Hongdae?" He suggested and you looked at him in surprise. Probably because having a best friend who was in celebrity status (not to mention one of Korea's rising idols) meant you couldn't hang out in such crowded places.

Especially Hongdae which was known for its night life, entertainment, urban arts and indie music culture flocked by many people.

Young people, specifically. Young people who would easily recognize Jeon Jungkook of BTS.

"Are you sure?" You looked at him worriedly. "I mean... I don't want to get you in trouble—"

"How are you going to get me in trouble by hanging out with me?" He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"You might be forgetting, you're an idol. And I don't want you to get mobbed.” you explained. "Plus, didn't you say you hated crowded places?"

Jungkook paused and gave you a look you couldn’t quite comprehend before shrugging. "You like Hongdae, right?" You nodded and Jungkook smiled. “Then we're going."

Without another word, Jungkook tugged at your shirt sleeve and pulled you along with him. You smiled, thinking how your Friday night wouldn't be so depressing after all.

~~~

Jungkook came home late with a silly grin on his face. He wasn't crazy, but he thinks he just might be...

Crazy in love with you that is.

"What's got you smiling?"

Jungkook looked up in surprise, seeing Jin and Jimin on the table, munching on some apples. His shoulders relaxed then and he answered, "Nothing."

"Didn't look like nothing." Jimin commented with a full mouth as he pointed at him. "Where have you been, anyway?"

"Hongdae."

Jimin's eyes widened slightly. "Alone?"

"You didn't cause any trouble, did you?" Jin asked as he stared at him almost accusingly. Jungkook chuckled which surprised the two older men.

"No. Nobody even recognized me."

The two continued to stare as Jungkook went to get a glass of water from the fridge while humming and mumbling to a familiar tune. Jimin recognized it to be Narsha's "I'm in Love". He then glanced at Jin and was surprised when the older was already looking at him. Their gazes locked with a meaningful look.

"Who were you with, Jungkook-ah?" Jin asked and Jungkook half turned, still drinking. Once he finished the glass he shrugged.

"Y/N."

Jin looked at Jimin before saying, “Doesn't she have a boyfriend? What's his name..."

"Jin something..." Jimin said thoughtfully.

"It's Jinsoo." Jungkook said tightly which the other two noticed. "And so? What if she does?"

"Isn't Jinsoo concerned or..."

"Why would he be concerned?" Jungkook said a little too harshly and he scolded himself for it. He bit his lip and tried to calm himself down. "Y/N is my best friend."

"We know Kookie." Jin sighed. "We just… we're just looking out for you—"

"What are you guys even talking about? It's not like we haven't hung out before." Now Jungkook was getting irritated, feeling like his hyungs are trying to say that just because you're dating someone, he can't hang out with you as much anymore. He hardly even sees you with his busy schedules!

"What Jin hyung is trying to say," Jimin said calmly, trying to make him see reason. "We just don't want you to get hurt. We know how you feel about Y/N, Jungkook."

At that Jungkook was silenced, unsure how to respond. He let the glass down and bit his cheek. The room was filled with a few seconds of silence before he finally spoke, "I know my place, hyung. She's my friend first before anything else. I wouldn't hurt her like that."

"What if she figures it out? If she finds out that you're in love—"

"She won't." Jungkook shook his head almost sadly.

"How are you so sure?" Jimin looked at him incredulously. "Even Taehyung could tell you liked her from the very beginning! And you know how oblivious he can be..."

"Because she doesn't feel the same way." Jungkook answered simply.

"She said that?"

"She doesn't have to." Jungkook grunted as he closed the refrigerator door shut. "She wouldn't be dating him if she did."

Jimin frowned at his statement then watched him leave the room with an obvious slump in his shoudlers.

"Maybe we shouldn't have given him the 'talk'." Jimin mumbled, frowning. "Now I feel guilty for ruining his good mood..."

Jin sighed before taking a bite of another apple slice, slightly feeling guilty but he knew it had to be done.

"We're just looking out for him."

~~~

Jinsoo called you late Saturday afternoon, asking if that coffee offer was still open. You wanted to tell him that he was a day late but decided to just be happy that at least your boyfriend was trying to make it up to you. So you set up a meeting place and tried not to be suspicious of Jinsoo's sudden invitation considering he told you he’ll be working on his thesis tonight at the library.  

When you arrived at the cafe, Jinsoo was already sitting at a table near the corner by the freedom wall. You smiled, remembering how you always wrote quotes on that wall back in high school. And Jungkook, who sometimes came with you when he was free from his training, would doodle some made-up cartoon characters.

You wanted to laugh at how easily Jungkook resurfaced in your thoughts once again. It’s not like you did it on purpose… you just couldn’t help it. It was almost automatic how he invades your thoughts. You knew it was because you two had gone through a lot and did a lot of things together growing up. Jungkook was one of those permanent fixtures in your life, apart from your family members.

As you approached, Jinsoo looked up and you frowned slightly when you saw the way he stared at you. He had a blank expression on, looking almost upset.

"Hey…” You gave him a small smile but then frowned when Jinsoo only returned it with a curt nod. No smile whosoever.

The air was tense and you weren’t sure why Jinsoo was acting this way. Didn’t he invite me on a coffee date?, you thought; wondering why this almost felt professional with how Jinsoo was looking at you with a steely gaze; making you uncomfortable.

After a while of severe silence, Jinsoo finally spoke. “So. I saw you had fun last night.”

Your eyebrows furrowed at his slightly bitter statement. Last time you checked, there wasn’t anything wrong with having ‘fun' on a Friday night.

“What are you—“ Before you could finish, Jinsoo let his phone slide across the table to you. Looking down, you saw that an article was currently opened on his browser. You read the title and almost choked on your own spit.

BTS Jungkook and his mystery girlfriend.

You weren’t sure whether to laugh or be worried. Laugh because people are assuming you were together with your best friend. Worried because Jungkook was going to get into a lot of trouble for this.

You winced when you saw the article was backed with several photos of you and Jungkook from last night. There were shots of the two of you laughing as you walked through the bustling streets of Hongdae: you and Jungkook eating street food, taking selfies near the street performers, laughing together as you walked side by side… And the most talked about photo of all: the one with Jungkook holding your hand as he pulled you towards a shop.

“You and Jungkook, huh?” Jinsoo said sharply. “You could’ve told me that you two were a thing. I mean… I think I should know. I am your boyfriend, after all.”

You looked up at him and frowned, unsure why he was acting this way when he already knew the deal between you and Jungkook. “Jungkook is my best friend, Jinsoo. You know these tabloids are exaggerating. We’re not dating—“

“Well it sure as hell looked like it!” he snapped, his voice rising which surprised you. You've known Jinsoo to be quite reserved and calm so this new side of him shocked you. "Friends don’t hold hands, looking like they’re on a freakin’ date, Y/N.”

“We’re not together!” You protested, tying to make him understand. “God, it’s like you don’t even know us at all! We’ve been friends for so long, Jinsoo. That’s just how we are. And the holding hands bit didn’t even happen for more than a couple of seconds. He just wanted to show me something at a store—“

“You really think I would believe that?” he scoffed and you were stumped at his complete lack of trust in you. “Look at those photos, Y/N!” He pointed at his phone almost angrily.

“Yes I see those photos, Jinsoo." You said pointedly. "And I’m telling you now that although these photos are real, the article isn’t. I’m not dating Jungkook. We’re just friends—“

“Does he know that?”

“What are you even talking about?!” you said, wanting to pull your hair out in frustration. You were unsure why he was making such a big deal out of this when he had seen how you and Jungkook act around each other at least a few times.

“I’m talking about how your so-called best friend is in love with you, Y/N."

You were silenced at his statement, stumped. Jinsoo looked at you pointedly, his gaze piercing through your soul.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter