The Fight (Jungkook, OC)

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

OC- Kim Haneul


Two book reports due by next week...
A research paper due for consultation two days from now...
An five page-essay on the effects of Shakespearian literature to contemporary literary works due by Friday...
Submission of final draft for the decorations committee for the upcoming graduation ball... 

Kim Haneul wondered if this is what college was all about: a whole bunch of deadlines. She's only a freshman and she's already so busy. Having been elected into the student council, she had a lot of things to take care of like student activities and outside school events. Then there's also the fact that she has to continually keep her grades up to be able to stay in the honor list as well as a member of the council. It was a touch job but Haneul can handle it. It's just that these past few weeks had been like hell for her and every time she checks her to-do list, it's seems to be never-ending.  
 

~
Haneul was in the library, typing away in her laptop when her phone vibrated on the table. She sighed heavily as the idea she was just about to type in disappeared. She was about to give the caller a piece of her mind but froze when she saw who was calling her:
 

Jungkook.

She smiled slightly as she answered the call, "Hello?" she whispered. 

"Jagiya," said Jungkook, his familiar voice ringing in her ears, making her feel giddy. "I miss you."

Haneul's smile widened as she scrolled through the paper she was working on, "I miss you too, Kookie." 

"What?" He teased. "I can't hear you~"

"I said I miss you too." 

"Why are you whispering?" 

"I'm at the library."

She heard a chuckling on the other end of the line, "Oh. Are you busy? Am I interrupting?"

Yes, she wanted to say but couldn't. She rarely gets to see Jungkook with him being an idol and all and she didn't want to blow him off; especially not on a phone call. "No, it's fine."

"Great! You wanna have lunch with me? I can sneak out a bit today."

Haneul groaned inwardly. It sounded so tempting but she knew she had to decline the offer. "Jungkook--"

"Haneulie~" he sang making her smile; and making it harder for her to turn him down. She hated it when she went all sweet with her like this. "You know I love to but I can't today."


"Oh." She could hear the disappointment in his voice and the guilt knawed on her. "It's okay Jagiya. Next time?"

"Next time." She assured. They talked for a little while before Haneul asked to hang up, telling him that she has a class she needs to prepare for. 

"Alright jagi. Fighting!"

"I love you." She said.

"I love you too." He replied before hanging up. 

~~ 
The following week was literally like hell.  Haneul was working and studying non stop. Her days literally went on like this: wake up, grab a protein bar, study, do some paper works, go to school, study, go to council meetings, meet with her professors for consultations, have some more council meetings, and then do some more studying at home. She hardly had time to eat or take some downtime with all the work she's been doing. What's worse is that her boyfriend had been constantly trying to sway her into spending some time with him and she had completely shut him out everytime. She ignored his texts, phone calls, and even blew him off on dates a couple of times. 


By Thrusday, Haneul was busily preparing her homework when Jungkook called. 

"Haneul." He said once she picked up. "Hey, I've been trying to reach you since forever." She could hear the annoyance in his tone and she immediately felt bad for it.

"Jungkook, I'm so so sorry. It's just that things are a little crazy right now--"

"When can I see you? I miss my girlfriend, Haneul." He said, and she winced at how hurt he sounded. I miss you so much too, she wanted to say. She looked at her planner and found that her Friday schedule was packed. But then hope flared in her eyes when she saw that she had just crossed out her meeting with the council at 6pm. She smiled as she realized that she was basically free tomorrow night. "Look, I'll be home early tomorrow since our meeting was cancelled. How about I make it up to you? Movie night at my place?" She suggested.

There was silence on the other end and Haneul wondered what he was thinking."You're sure? It's okay if I come by?"

"Of course! I miss my boyfriend too." She flirted and Jungkook chuckled at the other end. "Alright. Can't wait." She heard someone call his name and there was a muffled sound at the other end of the line. "Hey, I gotta go. We're practicing right now."

"Okay." She said. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"It's a date, jagi~" he said before hanging up. 

~~~

Friday was the day she had been dreading. She had three quizzes, two papers due (which she will be asked to report) and a graded recitation for her history class. By the end of the day, she was so tired she was literally dragging her feet as she walked. She didn't even have time to have a decent meal; realizing that she only had half an apple today. 

When classes ended, she went to her locker. She was placing her books inside when one of the council members came up to her.

"Haneul!" Jack, their internal Vice President called. 

She looked up and gave him a smile, which she hoped didn't look too weak. "Hey, Jack."

"Meeting's on in ten, okay? We need to talk about the plans for the upcoming ball."

"Okay," she answered. "I'll be right there."

Haneul was so tired that she had completely forgotten that she had a date with Jungkook tonight. The meeting was supposed to last for about a couple of hours but it turned out to be much longer. By th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter