Cold (J-Hope, You)

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Inspired by the song: Back to December by Taylor Swift



“Hi.”

That was the only word I could muster the moment I saw him. After months of not seeing each other nor getting in touch through calls or text, all I came up with was a single “hi” when I knew I should’ve said more.

I stood there on the balcony, away from the crowded room of my best friend’s house which has been turned into a celebrity pad. Musicians, singers, and producers were everywhere, celebrating Mina’s first award. Being the good friend that I am, I had to be there to support her. Even though I barely got any sleep from last night and barely had any rest since I had a packed schedule of recording and producing with two artists that morning which went on throughout the whole afternoon.

A loud yell followed by laughters sounded from inside and I figured more guests have arrived. It was late in the afternoon and I watched the sky turn from orange to light pink…to a dark shade of violet. Bringing the cup to my lips, I drank whatever’s left of my Coke. I needed all the sugar to keep me awake.

“Y/N?”

my lips, I turned at the sound of my name then felt my heart stop when I saw who it was. 

He was wearing a gray sweater over a white collared shirt; paired up with black knee length shorts and white sneaks. His hair color has changed to its natural state and has grown longer since the last time I’ve seen him.

Jung Hoseok, my mind processed and a thousand words were tied up with that name; each of them pushing at each other, fighting to be said first.

“Hi…” I croaked instead, losing my voice all of a sudden as I watched him go out of the balcony to stand beside me by the rail. I thought of how pathetic I was, not even having the courage to say his name.

“What are you doing out here?” He asked as he took a sip from his cup.

I gave him a small smile before turning towards to the side to grip the rail, forcing my racing heart to calm down. “It was a little too crowded for me.”

“That’s a funny excuse for someone who goes to concerts, award shows, and music festivals for a living.” He snickered and I sighed, not wanting to turn to him and see the smile I was sure was plastered on his beautiful face.

“I’ve been making a lot of lame excuses lately.” I murmured and the air suddenly grew still. I sneaked a glance at him and saw that he was staring out at the city, a hand in his left pocket. 

“Yeah?” He muttered and I paused, wanting to say yes but too embarrassed to admit it.

For the truth was, everything had gone downhill the moment it became over between us. And as the awkwardness threatened to seep through our conversation, I knew for sure that nothing has ever been right the day I pushed Jung Hoseok out of my life.

 

 

 

~~~
1 year ago
Spring (March)

Meeting Hoseok was nothing special or out of the ordinary. 

Being a music producer, I was always meeting artists, celebrities, and iconic people from the music industry. So it was nothing special when I was asked to produce the album for a popular Hip Hop group called Bangtan Sonyeonedan.

I worked mostly with three of the members whose names I was quite amused with when I looked them up on the Internet. 

“You must be Rap Monster.” I said as I shook his hand with a smile.

“You can call me Namjoon.” He replied and I observed the nice dimple on his left cheek. 

“Yoongi.” The pale one introduced himself whom I remembered to be Suga. As I shook his hand, another figure came into view from the studio’s doorway. When his eyes met mine, I felt my cheeks flush simply because he smiled at me as if he knew me all his life and it was both unnerving and…

Nice.

“Hi! It’s Y/N, right?” He greeted as he reached out his hand enthusiastically. “I’m Hoseok.”

“Hope.” I muttered and all of them chuckled.

“That’s me.” He grinned as he took my hand in his and grasped it firmly. “It’s nice to meet you… Y/N.” He said and as he looked into my eyes, I felt my mouth turn up at the corners. 

It wasn’t everyday someone could make smile so effortlessly. He didn’t even do anything! And just with that I realized how special this meeting was.

All because of that extraordinary person standing in front of me.

 


~~~
Summer (June)

“Hobi, I’m still at the studio and I have to finish a couple more tracks.”

“Oh come on.” He whined at the receiver and I fought the urge to smile as I moved my mouse around. “The track’s not due for another week.” I was about protest but he added. “Plus you’re in the studio pretty much 24/7 these past few days.”

“Am not!” I protested but I knew it was the truth. 

“Come on Y/N~” he pleaded. “We’ll just eat out and I swear I’ll even take you back there.”

“I don’t know–”

“Please~” he whined and I sighed, easily losing the battle as I clicked save on my file before shutting down the computer. 

“Where are you?”

~~~

Hoseok was already waiting by the curb of the studio building, leaning by the passenger side door of his car. The moment I came down, he straightened up with that familiar smile on his face. “Finally.”

“Waiting long?”

“Just an hour.” He shrugged.

“An hour?!”

“Relax,” he opened the door with a chuckle. “It took more than 15 minutes to coax you into coming out of your cave.”

“FYI, it’s not a cave. It’s a sanctuary.” I joked as I hopped into his car. 

“You know if you’re looking for sanctuaries,” he said as he backed up and drove. “I know someplace heavenly.”

“Yeah?” I smirked as I leant my head on my hand, watching him. “Where?”

Hoseok grinned before glancing back at me. “Anywhere with me.”

I should’ve laughed at his lame pick-up line but instead, I felt the blood rush to my cheeks and I was glad the car was dark enough for him not to notice how much I was blushing.

At least I thought it was.

A familiar laugh filled the car and a finger poked my cheek gently. “Aigoo~” he teased and I rolled my eyes to hide my embarrassment, swatting his hand playfully.

“That was not funny.” I said, trying to sound annoyed but only ended up smiling at him. 

“I could tell.” He chuckled and I looked at him from the corner of my eye, quietly enjoying the way his laughter made my heart feel lighter than clouds; how his laugh sounded as sweet as cotton candy. 

 



~~~
Fall (September)

It happened in the weirdest of moments… at the most unlikely of places.

I was invited to BigHit’s studio to continue finishing one of the tracks I was producing for BTS. The boys had a tight schedule and wouldn’t be able to come to my studio so I had to bring the tracks to them.

The boys were still in dance rehearsals when I arrived so I made myself at home at one of the their studio booths. After an hour, I was getting a little hungry and so I decided to go out for a light snack. 

Chips were on my mind the moment I saw the vending machine at the far end of the hall. As I inserted a bill into the machine, I chose my snack and waited. 

And waited.

And waited.

And waited.

“What the–” I scrunched my eyebrows I annoyance; frustrated that the machine pretty much ripped me off.

Bang!

I cursed at the sudden loud bang, my soul practically jumping out of my skin. A familiar face peeked from the side of the machine, snatching the snack from the hole at the bottom and handing the package to me.

“I like the cheese flavor better.” Hoseok said with a smile and it took me a while to respond but when I did, I grabbed the chips from him and smacked him with it. 

“Ow!” He jumped. “What?!”

“Don’t do that!” I yelled at him. “You scared the sh*t out of me Hoseok!” 

“Well glaring at the machine’s not gonna get you any treats.” He protested before tapping the machine. “This fellow needed a little push.”

I rolled my eyes and caught my breath, wanting to smack him again but unable to stay mad at him. “Whatever.” I waved the chips at him. “Thanks…”

“For?” He teased and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter