Single Awareness Day (Rap Monster, You)

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


It's that month again, you groaned as a variety of red objects floated in your line of vision. Red hearts, red bags, red candies, red balloons... 


Red. Red. Red. 


Everything was so red it was giving you a headache. 

It was February 13, the day before Valentine's day and everyone was in a buzz trying to get the perfect gift for their loved ones. You on the other hand, were simply walking around the mall watching the people go by, annoyed by all the commotion. You were never a big fan of Valentine's Day. To you it was simply another day; nothing really special ever happens to you. Maybe it's the fact that you've never had a boyfriend but still, Valentine's Day in your opinion was more of a day to remind single people that they are loveless, rather than remind couples of their love for one another. People are supposed to show their love for each other and do special things everyday. Not just on Valentines Day. 

As you were buying yourself a bag of chips at a nearby convenience store, your phone rang. Without bothering to look at the caller ID, you answered: "Hello?"

"Y/N! Where are you?" A deep voice asked and you knew immediately that it was your friend Namjoon on the other end of the line. 

"At the mall." You said as you balanced the phone between your ear and shoulder to get your wallet from your bag. "Why?"

"Can you come to the studio, quick? I need your help with something."

You took your change from the cashier and as you struggled to open the bag of chips. "Can't it wait--"

"No! I need you right now!" He whined.

"Alright!" You yelled when he kept calling your name over and over again. "Geez...so demanding." 

"Thank you, Y/N. You're the best!" You rolled your eyes at his compliment, knowing that he was just kissing up to you.

"Yeah yeah. I'll be there in ten." You said as you hung up. 

Ten minutes later, you were walking into the building, then up the 3rd floor where the studios where. Namjoon was probably in his usual studio room which was at the end of the hall. On the way there you passed by Jungkook whom you deliberately teased by calling him a baby and ruffling his hair. 

"Aish! Noona!" He said as he tried to fix his hair. 

"Where's Namjoon?"

Jungkook pointed towards the door at the end of the hall. "In his cave."

You chuckled and ruffled his hair again, "Thanks kiddo." 

You skipped towards the door and barged in without knocking. Namjoon was sitting at the computer, his head phones on, and his head slightly bobbing. Great, you thought. So much for my big entrance. 

You went behind him and tapped (more like slapped) the headphones, making him jump. He looked up at you and shot you a dirty look, clicking something on the keyboard and removing his headphones. "What did I say about barging in?"

"Hey! You asked me to come here so I deserve to have a little fun." You laughed as you sat on one of the chairs and made yourself comfortable. "So? What's the 911?"

"I need you to help me write lyrics."

"Eh?"

"Love lyrics, to be exact." He handed you a piece of paper and you looked at it with a confused expression. It was a list of descriptions, each with names of people you didn't know with short spiels about the messages they want to send. 

"Are these--?"

"Prompts. From my clients." Namjoon said as he began typing on the computer. 

"What clients? You mean you're actually profiting from this?" 

Namjoon smirked at you, "Of course! Why else would I do it?"

You looked back at the paper and read the messages: 

For Sarah. Something about how gorgeous her hair looks in the summer sun.

For Jackson. His eyes are blue seas that  I easily drown into. 

For Hana. Her kisses are sweeter than caramel...

Reading all the other descriptions, you couldn't help but gag. It's horrific, the things Valentine's day does to a person.

"Why are you cringing?" Namjoon asked, slightly amused.

"And you're not?!" You exclaimed as you wiggled the paper in front of him. "This is--" you cringed again.

Namjoon chuckled as he grabbed the paper from you, "I'm guessing you're not a big fan of Valentine's Day."

"Not the biggest." You agreed. 

"Why?" He looked at you curiously. "Don't girls like this stuff? The flowers? The chocolates? The 'fluff'." he finger quoted with a smile. 

"Well the flowers make me sneeze, the chocolates make me fat and the so called 'fluff' makes me wanna throw up." You made a gag face which made him laugh. "So no, I don't really have a thing for Valnetine's Day."

"But why?!" Namjoon pressed. "It's Valentine's Day! The day of hearts. The day of sugar, spice and everything nice!"

"I think the proper term is Single awareness day--"

"Ah." Namjoon interrupted, putting on a knowing face as he leaned back on his seat. He crossed his arms, "I see..."

"What?" You shot him a weird look.

"You know, Valentines day can be really fun if you have someone to spend it with."

He looked into your eyes and you wondered if you were imagining it. Was that an indirect invitation? When you realized what you just thought, you shook your head and scolded yourself mentally. You stood up with a defiant look on your face, "I am not jealous!"

Namjoon looked at you with wide eyes, a smile threatening to creep up his face. "I never said--"

"But you were implying it." You pointed at him.

Namjoon scoffed, "Whatever you say, Ms. In-denial."

"Am not!" You whined and stomped your foot. 

She's so cute, Namjoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter