Come Back... Be Here (Suga, OC)

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“You said it in a simple way, 4 AM the second day. How strange that I don’t know you at all. We stumble through the long goodbye, one last kiss then catch your flight. Right when I was just about to fall.” – Taylor Swift (Come Back...Be Here)

 


OC- Tessa

 

Saturday, Nov. 22

7:30 AM – Tessa’s Apartment

Tessa stood with her arms crossed over her chest, staring—or more like slightly glaring at the view from down below. She remained in her spot since half an hour ago, unmoving, with only her breathing as the only clue that she was still living and not a statue situated by her windowsill. 

It was late afternoon and the skies were a dark gray, crying. She watched as the rain poured, creating crystal droplets against the glass. Tessa saw herself reflected upon it and she bit her lip as a raindrop rolled down the glass, positioned against her face, like a tear was literally falling down her cheek.  She sighed as a memory played back in her head…
 

An hour ago

"I have to go," he said, his face expressionless yet his voice absent of the brightness he used to speak with her. "But—“

"Have a nice trip, then." Tessa said and she wanted to slap shut when she saw the hurt flash across his face. She didn't mean to sound so harsh. She just wanted to get it over with. 

But as fast as his expression changed, it returned to his blank and stoic mien. "You take care, then." He reached out his hand and she looked at it as if wondering what to do with it. 

A low chuckle sounded and she looked up in surprise, a little blown away by the sight of his smile and soft gaze staring right at her. "You're supposed to shake it, Tess."

She gulped and reached out, giving his hand a firm grip. "I know." She gave him a face which he returned with a wider smile, unknowingly knocking the breath out of her. 

After that, the two of them stared at each other, not knowing what to do next. 

"Well," he said, breaking the silence. "I'm gonna go." 

"Yeah." she croaked, wondering why she suddenly felt like crying. "You should."

He smiled and took a step back, "Bye." He nodded and his heels and left for the door. 

Tessa stood there, watching him go and the moment the door closed; her chest felt as hollow as an empty box.

Almost if he left and took her heart with him. 

~~~
Monday, Nov. 17
9: 54 AM - Studio

Tessa gripped her guitar case in her hand as she walked into the building. Opening her phone, she checked for the address just to make sure that she was at the right place. She sighed when she saw a couple of people about her age walk out of the building holding their own instruments. One of them was carrying a guitar while the other was carrying something that looked like a speaker or amplifier. 

She bit her lip and proceeded, hoping for the best. 

Today was the day of her audition; her one-way ticket to a scholarship at a music school in New York. While some dreamed of going to the most prestigious music school in the country, Tessa only ever wanted to go to one school: the Manhattan School of Music. She even turned down offers from Juilliard or the Curtis Institute which are both considered as big names in the conservatory of the arts and are immensely selective that getting in was literally like going through a needle's hole. 

The Manhattan School wasn't far off as well and is at the top list of the best music schools in the country. But Tessa never cared about the prestige. All she wanted was to go to the school her dad went to; the person who inspired her to write music.

Tessa was walking down the hallway of the second floors when she heard an interesting sound. 

By the sound of the upbeat track, bass and percussion molding together, it was a rap song. Tessa has always been inclined to writing country and alternative music but was very open to other genres and Hip Hop was one of those which fascinated her the most. She often wondered how rappers could speak so fast and yet be able to produce music with lyrics that are striking. 

This particular song was accompanied by a male's voice, rapping in a language she couldn't understand. Intrigued, Tessa followed the sound and she was led to a small room where she found a guy, alone, sitting in front of a computer, an editing software opened on this screen has he held a paper and pen.


Tessa watched and listened, her head slowly following the beat, instantly loving it. She was entranced by his voice, which was strong yet fluid at the same time. She listened to the words rolling out his tongue, like ink-spilled poetry on paper. She couldn't understand the words but the music… and the way he rapped was enough to hook her and she knew she liked what she was hearing. 

"Uh... Do you need something?"

Tessa jumped as a low voice sounded beside her. She looked up and was met by warm brown eyes over a pretty face. 

"Do you need something?" He asked again, and Tessa realized that she was openly staring at his good looks and willed herself to stop and answer back before she started looking like a creep to the stranger. "Oh no, I was just going—“

"Yah! Taehyung-ah? Is that you?" 

"Yeah!" The handsome boy yelled before looking back at her. "You have a visitor, though."

What?! Tessa exclaimed inside, her eyes widening at him. The boy—Taehyung--smiled at her just as the door opened, revealing a guy with pale skin, small eyes, and an equally handsome and puzzled face. He was cute and she found herself wanting to fix her hair or straighten her clothes, which happened rarely around cute guys.

He looked at her, his face blank though Tessa could see the gears in his head working; probably wondering who the hell she was. 

"Do I know you?" He asked flatly and she immediately shook her head. "I'm sorry." She said. "I didn't mean to eavesdrop—“

"You weren't eavesdropping." The pale boy said. 

"She kinda was." Taehyung inserted, as he grabbed something from his pocket. Tessa saw that it was a lollipop and after unwrapping the plastic from it, he popped it into his mouth, it like a little boy would. "I saw her peering in."

"What's your problem?" She snapped at him, annoyed that he was embarrassing her in front of a guy she found to be really cute. 

Taehyung only smiled and shrugged while a sigh was suddenly heard from the other guy. Tessa looked at him and saw him giving Taehyung a disapproving gaze. "Sorry about him." He said to her, apologetically. "He tends to be brutally honest."

"That's an ugly shirt you're wearing, hyung." Taehyung commented before going into the room, leaving the two of them out in the hallway. 

"See what I mean?" The guy smirked before reaching out his hand. "I'm Yoongi, by the way." 

"Tessa." She replied with a small smile, taking his hand and giving it a firm grip. "Nice song you were playing there. Who's the artist?" She asked curiously.

Yoongi rubbed the back of his nape and looked down shyly, which Tessa found to be completely adorable. "Uh... I wrote it."

Tessa crossed her arms with a smile, evidently impressed. "Yeah? Well, that was some pretty sick tunes."

"Yeah?" He asked and she nodded. "It was awesome."

"Thanks." He smiled and Tessa felt her heart flutter at the sight. She didn't think she had ever seen a smile so nice. "Do you—“ he pointed at her guitar. "Make music too?"

Tessa nodded then glanced at her watch, her face turning into a look of surprise. "And I am late for an audition." She said casually, stepping back. "I gotta go—“

"Wait!" Yoongi called just as she was halfway to the staircase. She stopped and gave him a questioning gaze. "Yeah?"

"I was wondering—" he said, looking quite bashful yet it gradually turned into a shy smile. "I was wondering if you wanted to hear more..." He trailed. "More of my music, I mean."

Tessa was grinning inside, unsure why she felt like a little girl with a crush. "I hardly know you." She implied, her eyes slitting. 

Yoongi heard the teasing in her tone and grew confident. He bit his lip and gave her his most dazzling smile. "I hardly know you too. But I like people who have great taste in music."

Tessa chuckled and rolled her eyes, "Did you just say you liked me?"

"Maybe I did." He said and Tessa felt herself smile as she continued down the stairs. "If you're still there after an hour, I just might drop by."

"And I just might wait for you." Yoongi said and Tessa felt her cheeks redden. She gave him a curt nod then went down the steps speedily to avoid him from seeing her blushing face. 

~~~


Wednesday, Nov. 19
7:01 PM - Coffee shop

Remember in Kindergarten, on your first day of school, when you meet a kid, shared a toy or a chocolate bar and after that it seems that you have become best friends forever?

Tessa felt the exact same why with Yoongi. 

There was simply no viable explanation for how comfortable Tesaa felt with him and him with her. It was like finding someone who was, in a not so creepy way, just like you.

In the short amount of time they have spent with each other, Tessa learned a few things about Yoongi: 

First, that he was Korean and that he's a musician back at his home country. Yoongi refused to tell more though Tessa had a hunch that he was at a celebrity status. (And because Taehyung kept blabbering about choreographers and how they had schedules and rehearsals for a music show or something. Plus there's also the fact that she met his band mates, who were really nice and—well they were a happy bunch, that's for sure.) 

Second, that he wasn't close to his family and that he hardly sees them. When Tessa moved from her hometown to New York, she hardly ever saw her mom. She called a few hours a week; even Skyped a few times but other than that, that was it. Yoongi, on the other hand, said that he hasn't seen his family in years which surprised Tessa. 

Third, that he loved Hip Hop and has been writing music for years. Tessa came back that first day and listened to his tracks. For someone whom Taehyung describe as insanely quiet 
and aloof, Yoongi was extremely animated as he explained his works; telling her about how he creates the beats, writing lyrics, and even how he gets inspiration...

"Sleep." He said and Tessa chuckled, her eyes lighting up in amusement which made Yoongi smile. 

"Seriously?" She asked. "Sleep is your best inspiration?"

"Yeah." He shrugged as he leant lazily on his chair. "You know what they say: 'Nothing beats a good night's rest.'"

"How exactly do you get the inspiration, though?” she asked as he held her cup of coffee. “You know, when you're practically brain dead?"

"I'm not brain dead." He grinned. "Just—idle."

Tessa couldn't help it and laughed, causing her to practically snort the juice she was drinking through her nose. Yoongi laughed with her as he passed on a tissue and as Tessa accepted it, a bright laugh reflected upon her pretty face, she realized just how long it has been she laughed a real laugh. 


~~~


Thursday, Nov. 20
1:30 p.m - Manhattan School of Music

Tessa went to the school after being called that she got accepted. She was going to get some papers fixed as well as her schedule for the next semester when an unexpected surprise welcomed her. 

"What?" She asked dumbfounded as the secretary at the office handed her a bouquet of fresh lilies, which so happened to be her favorite flowers. "For me?"

"Yes." She smiled. "He dropped it off just a few minutes."

"He?"

"One of those Korean boys visiting. They performed for our music department the other day."

"Korean boy..." Tessa murmured just as a light bulb lit in her head, her cheeks suddenly feeling hot. "Oh."

"Is he your boyfriend? Such a sweet boy—“

"Oh no!" She said almost immediately as if the idea was too absurd to be true. "He's not—we're not—“

The woman at the desk gave her an amused smile as she watched her blushing face; Tessa’s expression practically giving her away. "I never understand you kids." She muttered.


~~~

Tessa went up the studio, hoping that she'll be able to find the person she was looking for. By the sound of familiar beats echoing through the hall, melding with laughter and talking noises, she knew the boys were there. She knocked once and the door opened, revealing Hoseok, one of his bandmates. "Ah! Tessa-ssi!" He bowed with a smile.

"Hello." She smiled back and gave a small nod. "Is Yoongi—?"

Hoseok opened the door wider to let her in, pointing towards the back room. "He's working."

"Oh. Should I come later—?"

"Nah..." He smiled as he gave her a light nudge towards the studio. "He won't let anyone in whenever he works, but I'm sure he'll make an exception for you."

Tessa visibly reddened which amused Hoseok but before he could about it, she had already walked away. 

Upon reaching the door, she knocked and heard Yoongi's voice say: "I'm busy!"

"Sorry!" Tessa immediately called back and stepped back to leave when the door swung open revealing Yoongi in a wool sweater and jeans. "Hey." He smiled and Tessa felt her heart flutter. 

"Hey." She said.

Yoongi opened the door wider to let her in and Tessa stepped in, accepting the invitation. 

"So you got the flowers..." Yoongi started as he pointed at the bouquet in her arms. 

"Uh, yeah—“ she trailed, unable to look him in the eye. "Y—you gave it?"

"Yeah." He shrugged as he sat down in front of the computer. 

"Why?"

"Hoseok got into gardening." 

"Oh." Tessa frowned. She shouldn't have assumed that he would give her something—

Yoongi suddenly laughed making her look at him in surprise, "What?"

"You looked disappointed." He chortled. "I was kidding. I bought it for you."

"Why?" She asked again.

"Why not? A guy can't give flowers to a girl he likes?" He said and Tessa was surprised at his bluntness. "I—" she bit her lip. "I hardly know you, Yoongi."

"So do I." He said and looked up at her, his gaze softening. "But..."

There was a split second of silence, the two of them just staring ate ach other; their heartbeats drumming against their chests. 

"But I want to get to know you." He said and Tessa looked away. She sighed as she placed the flowers on the desk, earning a confused look from Yoongi. 

"I'm sorry but I can't accept that." She said before turning around and walking a way. 

Tessa walked briskly out of the room, even passing by Taehyung who greeted cheerfully, "Tessa--!" But before he make conversation, Tessa was already out of the room, leaving a dumbfounded Taehyung at her wake. 

~~

 

Tessa sighed heavily as she moved down the stairs, willing herself to move fast and get out as fast as she could.

I'm sorry, she thought. But I can go through this again. 

Not again. 


"Tessa!" 

She turned at the sound of her name being called and found Yoongi running towards her. She hardly got to the school's front entrance when he caught her wrist, stopping her from walking. "Hey." He panted, his face a mask of worry and confusion. "I'm sorry," he said which surprised her. "Did I say something wrong?"

That's the thing, she thought. You always know the right things to say. "It's nothing."

"It's not nothing." He said as he stepped closer, his hand still gripping her wrist. "What's wrong?"

"It's nothing." She repeated and Yoongi pursed his lips and decided to let it go. If she didn't want to tell him, he wasn't going to push her. "Okay. But can I know at least why you wouldn't accept the flowers?"

"I don't want it." She said as she turned back and walked away. 

"Okay. You are being ridiculous." He huffed as he ran after. "Tell me what I did wrong, Tess."

"You did nothing wrong, Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter