Eighth Episode

The Unwanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“What are you doing here Kyungsoo ya?” Asks Mr Noh. “Hyung, I got something to discuss with Lyn.” Says Kyungsoo looking at their manager then to his wife. “Don’t you have another practice to do right now? Other members are waiting for you.” Mr Noh informs him trying to stop his plan. It seems like Mr Noh is worried, he doesn’t want Kyungsoo to hurt her or something. As he already promised to protect her, that is what he is doing right now. “Yeah, I am aware of the practice. I’ll go there as soon as I’m done talking to her. It won’t take much time. I promise.” He puts his hand up as if he is doing a high 5. “Ok then. Please behave and don’t cause any troubles.” Mr Noh decides to give them space talking in private. Kyungsoo nods. “I won’t. Don’t worry, hyung!” Mr Noh pats Kyungsoo’s left shoulder and leaves. Lyn is just standing by the door looking calm as usual.

 

“Can we talk?” Kyungsoo asks looking at her. She nods. “Yeah, of course. Please come in and have a seat.” Lyn welcomes him. “Seungjae and Jeongmin oppa, you may leave now. I’ll call you if I need anything. Don’t worry, I’ll be fine.” She whispers to her assistants. Both of them are aware of Lyn’s and Kyungsoo’s status as a married couple. They nod and leave closing the door tight. Lyn goes to her seat where Kyungsoo is sitting on one of the chairs in front of her desk. 

 

Lyn looks at her quiet husband. “Yes Kyungsoo ssi? Is there anything that I can help you with? What do you want to discuss with me?” She bravely asks starting a conversation. Kyungsoo doesn’t reply but he leaves his seat and rushes to her kneeling. “Let me see it.” Lyn looks confused. “See what? What are you talking about? What are you doing?” She is still surprised to see her husband is suddenly kneeling in front of her. Is he proposing or what? “The cut. Let me see the cut where you got hurt earlier.” He enlightens her. ‘Oh!’ She mouths it. “It’s just a small cut. Nothing is serious. I am okay now. You don’t have to see it. I’ve got it treated.” Lyn explains trying to avoid his unthinkable request. The truth is, she is not comfortable to show him that part of her body. Though they are married, they are not like other married couples. “I’ll decide whether it is serious or not after seeing it. So now, let me see it.” He looks so determined. ‘Aigoo, this guy.’ Lyn whispers. 

 

She shakes her head, she doesn’t want to show it to him. But Kyungsoo is stubbornly waiting. “Lyn............” It’s time to give up and do what he asks, thinks Lyn. She sighes. She slowly pulls her dress up to her injured thigh, showing her fair skinned legs. Kyungsoo without any hesitations touches that part. Lyn feels electrified. She just freezes. “It’s definitely not a small cut.” He comments. Two bandages are applied to cover the cut. He looks at his frozen wife. He is aware that she doesn’t like to be touched. She is uncomfortable with skinships. “Are you sure you’re okay? The cut, I don’t think it’s just a small one.” Lyn nods and quickly covers her exposed skin. She stands and leaves her still kneeling husband. “I am really okay. And it’s not that painful. It will be fine in a few days. Jae Rin unnie already put some ointment onto it before applying the bandage. So please stop talking about that.” She replies. 

 

He takes a deep breath and goes next to Lyn who is looking at the busy road outside the building. He looks at her. It is hard to tell if she is really okay or not as she always looks so calm and quiet. She doesn’t talk much. She only talks when needed or when she is with people she is comfortable enough to have a conversation like his parents and his brother. When she is with him, she mostly listens and replies to his questions only. She rarely initiates any conversations. It’s actually his fault. So he can’t really ask for more. 

 

“Actually, I am here, I want to talk about Ahn So Ra. She is my girl friend. That girl earlier, that’s her.” Finally he shows why exactly he is here. Thinks Lyn. She looks at him and smiles. “I know. You don’t really have to introduce her to me. She is so pretty. You sure have a great taste on girls. You guys make such a cute couple. She suits you well.” Lyn sincerely says what she really thinks. Kyungsoo is surprised at how easy for her to accept that fact. She is introduced to his husband’s girl friend but she still looks so calm. He does see that shine of sincerity in her eyes. “Thank you.” He replies with a short answer. 

 

Lyn moves closer to the clear massive window of her office to see the busy city of Seoul. People with different themed outfits are clearly can be seen. Some looks professional in their suits and others are in their casual wears. Students look so tidy in their ironed uniforms. Everybody looks so hurried that some are running and others are speed walking going to their different locations. Some are waiting for taxis and others are waiting for the buses. A faster way to reach their venues. Kyungsoo goes next to her also looking outside. “Lyn, I hope you can tolerate with So Ra. She is still young, that’s why sometimes she acts childishly. She is actually a nice girl.” He says. Lyn nods. “How old is she if I may ask?” She questions. “She is 24 years old. A year younger than me.” He answers. 

 

“Oh, 24. She is young. Kyungsoo ssi, you don’t have to be worried. I won’t harm her or whatsoever. I won’t hurt her. I think I am old enough and I  am capable of thinking wisely. Plus, I will definitely won’t do anything to the person you love the most. So don’t worry.” She says looking straight at him. He sighes. “I didn’t mean it that way. I never thought about that. I..” She cuts him. “It’s okay. It’s normal to think that way. You’re just trying to protect your loved one. It’s what a gentleman should do. You’re doing a right thing. I promise you that I will treat her nicely. I never had any bad intentions towards her. I am really okay with the fact that you have a girl friend and it won’t change anything even after I know who she really is. Okay? Don’t worry about that. May I know how long have you guys been together?” She asks another question trying to change the topic. Kyungsoo looks at his always calm wife. “Well, I don’t really remember how long but we celebrated the 250 days we’ve been together few months ago. So I believe we’re now reaching our 1 year point. Time flies so fast.” He answers. Lyn nods in agreement. 

 

Lyn looks at her wrist watch, it’s been almost 20 minutes Kyungsoo is here. The other members must be waiting for him right now but he doesn’t seem to be worried about the practice. “Emm, Kyungsoo ssi? Do you have anything else to say or discuss with me?” Lyn asks her husband. He shakes his head. “I think I’ve said everything.” Lyn smiles. “Good. It’s time for you to leave for the practice now. You’re late already. Don’t worry about me and Ahn So Ra ssi. We’ll be just fine plus she doesn’t know about the fact that we’re married. So please keep it that way. I’ll see you around Kyungsoo ssi.” Lyn ends their conversation. “Thanks Lyn.” She only nods. “By the way, Seungsoo hyung will fetch you up later. For a family dinner but I can’t make it as I have a date with So Ra later tonight.” Kyungsoo informs her. “Okay!” She only replies with that. He then leaves for a practice. Leaving Lyn alone in her office. 

 

Less than 10 minutes later, Lyn receives a call from Seungsoo, her brother in law, Kyungsoo’s older brother. “Hello! Lyn? Are you busy right now? Can we talk? Is it okay talking to me for a while? It won’t take long. I just need to talk about later. Can we?” Seungsoo asks all the questions in a rush. It is funny like how worried he is to disturb his little sister in law. He is always like that. “Hello o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter