Sixteenth Episode

The Unwanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

As expected, this tour has received such a wonderful response from Korea and abroad. It’s their very first appearance as 9 members after more than a year actively promoting as 8 because of the conflicted schedules between Lay and other 8 members. That is why they are receiving news broadcasting from so many media. Some people have been doubtful about Lay will be staying with the team. But with this comeback tour, EXO has proved that their relationship as 9 members group can’t be beaten easily. Though they were not promoting together, they’ve always been checking out about each other’s updates. Lay tried his hardest to be back with EXO and this time, it works. He is beyond happy. He is the most excited member for this concert. He has prepared a lot to repay back his previous absence.

 

 

Since today is going to be the final day of the 3 days concert, a press conference will be held before the concert starts. The hall is already filled with journalists, reporters and media friends from Korea itself and abroad. Some come from the US, Europe, Australia and the Middle East and even from the South East Asia countries. It’s like the most waited concert ever. The team has been preparing for that as from the very first day SM announced about the concert tour; they have received so many questions from the media. They requested for this press conference’s invitations. That’s why today, so many new faces can be seen. The promoting team has been running around since last night. They are the busiest right now. Lyn has been on ‘standby’ mode just in case they need an extra hand.

 

 

Since today is going to be extra special for EXO, Lyn decided to wear a dress Kyungsoo bought her few months ago. It’s a long maroon dress with some cute details at the bottom. It’s a short sleeve dress, so she matches it with a pastel coloured cardigan. She wears a light maroon shawl to match with the dress. To make sure she can walk here and there or maybe unexpected needed running, she chooses to wear a cute grey wedges she bought last month. She bought one as it was a comfortable pair of shoes. Jae Rin unnie introduced her to that shop. There you go, Lyn is ready to work. All the staffs responsible for the concert are given a backstage pass. Only few chosen ones are given the all area pass. As a manager working for EXO, she is given one. An all-area pass gives the owner privilege to go everywhere which includes the dressing and make-up rooms. And they are given the opportunity to usher anyone to see EXO closely for example, if the Do’s family want to see Kyungsoo before the concert or after that, Lyn can bring them in without Kyungsoo going out.

 

 

Lyn has nothing much to do that day so she is just talking with his two assistants who never leave her side since the second she arrived at the venue that early afternoon. Now, they are just sipping on apple juice prepared by the catering. She then receives a text message from Mr Noh informing her that EXO members are already in their dressing room preparing for the press conference later that afternoon. It’s the closing day already. Time sure flies so fast. “Shall we go to the dressing room, oppadeul?” Lyn asks both Seungjae and Jeongmin. They just nod. “Yeah, sure. Let’s go.” Seungjae replies. Lyn walks outside of the cafeteria and goes to the dressing room located few rooms away. She greets all the familiar faces she meets on her way there. She makes sure she knocks on the door written ‘EXO’s dressing room’ before coming in.

 

 

She opens the door and she can see how leisurely everyone is sitting on the sofa. They look so relax. And she is impressed. But it doesn’t stay long. “Noona! We are nervous! Help me!” Baekhyun who is sitting behind the door throws to her the truth. They were just acting cool. Lyn laughs at the sudden change of the mood. “Good job Baekhyun aa.. You’re using correct English. I like that.” Lyn responds to him with a smile. “Thanks noona! You look so calm, I am so jealous of you.” He continues. “I am spreading my calming virus right now. So, you will be just fine. I am doing my job right now.” She jokes around. Baekhyun laughs. Sehun calls her. “Noona, how do I look?” He turns around showing her a cool pose. Lyn nods. “You look handsome as always maknae ya..” She leaves a comment. “You’re telling me the truth, right?” He is asking for a confirmation. “Yes, you know I don’t lie. Do you want me to show you something?” She asks showing him her phone. “What? What? What do you have noona?” Kai who is standing behind Sehun asks. He is one curious kid. Lyn then shows her what is going on twitter right now. The fans are all waiting for them. EXO has been trending on twitter for the past few days now. “Daebak! Hyungdeul, look at this!” Kai calls all other members over. He wants to spread the happy news. They end up crowding Lyn trying to see it themselves. “Guys, watch out. You’re going to hurt your noona.” Mr Noh warns them. “Hehe. Sorry Lyn. These guys can’t see things like this. They get excited easily.”Suho says to her. “It’s okay. I am fine. I am not hurt. Hehe.” She replies with a smile. She discovers new things about them every day.

 

 

“Chanyeol aa. Can you help me with this button at the back?” Kyungsoo asks him for a help as he is the closest to him right now. He can’t reach the back buttons. He doesn’t understand why they made their outfit that way. “Noona, can you help that baby? Kyungsoo ya, I am sorry I can’t help you. I am busy.” Chanyeol asks Lyn to do it on his behalf as he is busy playing game. Kyungsoo glares at him. Lyn just smiles and moves closer to her husband who is struggling with the buttons. Normally the coordinators or the stylists help them with this stuff but they are eating their late lunch right now. “Which buttons, Kyungsoo ssi?” Lyn asks him who is standing in front of her. He then turns around showing his wide back. “All the back buttons.” Lyn slowly buttons everything up. She makes sure that she doesn’t miss any of them. “Okay, done!” He turns back to her. “Thank you.” He looks at her. Only then he realizes that his wife is wearing the dress he bought for her a long time ago. “Is that the dress I bought you?” He asks. Lyn nods smiling at him. “Yes, it is. It’s pretty. I like it. Thank you so much.” She thanks him while showing him the dress. “Welcome.” He shortly replies. He wants to say something but Jae RIn noona suddenly comes to them. “Lyn, can you help me?” She looks so anxious. “Yeah, sure. I don’t really have anything to do right now.” Lyn agrees to her without knowing the whole story. “Well, you know Jennie, the usual interpreter we hire for press conference, she can’t make it today. She is admitted for food poisoning.” Jae Rin starts explaining.

 

 

“So how are we going to do the press conference? We only have an hour before it starts? Have you got any replacement, noona?” Kyungsoo asks. Jae Rin shakes her head. “I just got the news from her like a minute ago; she couldn’t be contacted since last night. In emergency like this, I can’t find anyone to replace her. That’s why I am here. Lyn, could you please help us? I don’t see anyone else that can help.” She begs Lyn. “Unnie, I am here to help. Don’t worry, okay? Just consider this problem settled.” Lyn replies holding Jae Rin’s shaking hands. She pats her back. “How is it? Have you found someone to replace her?” Mr Noh asks Jae Rin unnie. She nods. “Who is it?” He asks again. Jae Rin unnie points at Lyn. “Lyn? Are you going to be the interpreter for today’s press conference?” Mr Noh asks her to confirm. Lyn nod

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter