Fifty Nineth Episode

The Unwanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Could you please let me explain how both Writer Lee and I came out with this storyline?” Director Kim asks for Lyn’s permission. “Yeah, of course. You don’t have to ask for that. My time for the whole meeting is already booked for the both of you. So take your time. Do it slowly.” She says to him with a smile on her face. The two guests are relieved to hear that. They are amazed at how professional she is handling this matter. Even with her husband in the same room, she treats him like someone she is working with. “We came here to see Kyungsoo about seven or eight months ago, we happened to be near here so we thought maybe we could catch up with him and we saw you for the first time that same day. It was a coincidence. You have this special aura around you that we never saw in anyone else. And that really caught our attention. So I asked Kyungsoo about you. I was really surprised when he told me that you were their manager. I thought you were one of the trainees or maybe someone who was about to debut because your look was so spectacular that we thought he was lying. But Mr Noh then convinced us that you were really the new addition of their management team. We basically studied you that time. We saw so many different facial expressions that you made and we felt like you could be the next naturally talented actress. Leaving SM never felt that weird before but that day, we were like leaving something important behind. So we both decided to use that feeling, that empathy, that sadness into creating this piece right here, hoping that one day, there will be someone who can potray this character the best way. But we could not get you out of our head. We wanted to offer this role to Kyungsoo but he already decided not to act in a melo drama movies. So we never push this story to anyone since then because we thought we would never find someone who can act it out perfectly. We just kept it locked in the cabinet until two days ago when I read an article talking about the probability of Kyungsoo to act in a melo drama genre if he is going to act with you. I gave Writer Lee a call almost immediately so we decided to come here and discuss this openly with you. I am so sorry for coming this rushingly.” Director Kim shares his thought.

 

 

It feels surreal for Lyn for her to be offered a role in a movie. It is not a small role but it is the main role. It is too sudden. This doesn’t feel right. She leans her body back thinking. As usual, no one can read her calm expression. She looks at everyone who is with her in her office. She takes a deep breath before sharing her opinion. Kyungsoo stays silent because he doesn’t want to affect her decision. He knows that Lyn knows what is best for herself. He doesn’t want to force her doing something she is not a fan of. “Honestly, I don’t think words can explain what I feel right now but I just want to clear maybe some confussions here. In SM, I am just a manager who is working for EXO. I never received or signed myself up into any acting classes. I never thought of becoming an actress. I appreciate this offer but I think I am not capable enough to bring this character into live. This is a master piece and I don’t want to ruin it. Maybe you thought my look suits the character but I believe look is not enough to carry that role. It needs someone who really is talented in acting. But one question, have you offered this character to anyone?” She asks just want to hear maybe other opinions about it. They both shake their head. Writer Lee answers the question on their behalf. “We never offered it to anyone because if it is not you, I rather keep this story to ourselves. I don’t want to exclude the aura Jinju has because that is one of the important points in this story. I have never seen that aura before I met you. I don’t know how to explain that but you have this ‘intellectual and pretty’ aura in you that I can never find in anyone else. And as someone who has involved in this industry for a long time, we can see that acting talent in you. No, this is not an empty word, I don’t say anything empty. You are naturally gifted. Just like your husband. So we were actually surprised when he announced about the marriage. We thought if both of you work in the same movie, it will be beyond amazing. But it is the decision for you to make. We are not here to force you. We just want to hear what you are thinking about this proposal.” She says looking at Lyn. She nods looking at the hopeful writer. She doesn’t say it but Lyn can see it very clearly.

 

 

“Does that mean if I reject to be involved in this project, this story will never be introduced to public?” Lyn asks them. They both nod. “Yes, if there is someone can be Jinju, it is only you.” Director Kim is being honest. “Don’t you feel it is a waste? You have worked really hard to create it.” She says to him. “Yes, but I think I’d rather keep it untouched than letting anyone else ruin the originality of this story. We both agree to do that.” He says pointing at Writer Lee and to himself next. Mr Noh clears his throat. “Lyn, why don’t you take this as a challenge? You enjoy learning new things, right? Why don’t you give this a shot?” He tries to encourage Lyn. “Yeah but learning for fun is definitely different than learning something that will affect others in the future if I don’t do well. I don’t want because of me, the master piece that both Director Kim and Writer Lee created and all of their hard work will end up being just another typical story when I can’t reach that level. I am worried about that and I don’t want to cause the whole team a misery. Jinju is definitely not a simple character. She is the main role. I don’t want to ruin her beautiful value.” Lyn shares what she has in her mind. No one says anything. They respect her opinion. “But I am not someone who easily gives up without trying her hardest. I am a fighter. I trust your judgement.” She pauses. All six pairs of eyes are looking at her with a glimpse of hope. She smiles at them. “I should give myself and others a chance to discover maybe a new talent in me that I never knew I had. I don’t think it is a waste. If I don’t want to ruin the movie, I should work harder. Isn’t that an obvious formula Lyn?” She is actually talking to herself. They are all amused by this side of Lyn especially Director Kim and Writer Lee. They both are so sure that Lyn has something that no one has. It is her unexpectedness and another level of adorableness.

 

 

Lyn looks at them. “Are you guys in a rush? Is everything prepared? May I have three days to think about this?” She asks. Writer Lee comes to give her a hug. She is surprised. “OMG! Thank you for taking your time to consider this offer. We are not in a rush. So take your time. Once you are ready, we will start casting other roles to complete the movie.” She explains to her holding her hands. A few seconds later, she goes back to her seat. “I forgot to ask. The male lead is going to be played by Kyungsoo ssi, right?” She asks. “Yes, they offered me the role. I will accept it if you give them a positive answer. It is most likely one plus one method. They get you and they automatically have me inside the movie.” Kyungsoo answers in their behalf. They all laugh at his answer. “Don’t worry about all the restrictions, we already think about it. This will be a movie that one never watches before. It is going to be one of the specialities of it.” Director Kim lets Lyn know. She nods. “Thank you for offering me this role. I think this will be the chance of a life time. Somehow it is funny how I came to Korea and all these opportunities suddenly came to me. I will give you my final answer this Thursday. I hope whatever I decide that day, it will be the best for everything.” She says looking at the guests. They both nod. “Of course! We are all here to help you. You are not alone. We are in this together.” Director Kim says convincing her. She nods. “So whatever your decision is, it is totally fine. You are giving it a chance to think about, I am thankful enough. Thanks Lyn ssi.” Writer Lee says to her. She nods. “You’re welcome. It is an honour for me to meet with the both of you today. I will come and see you this Thursday with a result.” She says to her. She shakes her head. “Nope, we will come here and see you. I think it is more appropriate and comfortable if you don’t mind.” She says to Lyn. “Yeah, of course. I will write it down in my planner.” She replies. “Okay, Kyungsoo, we go first. I can see how she changes your life. You look brighter now. She really is a sweetheart and special. I’ll see you again.” Director Kim says to Kyungsoo before he leaves the office with Writer Lee. Lyn’s assistants and Mr Noh follow them behind. Kyungsoo also tags along leaving Lyn behind with the scenario of the movie on her table.

 

 

On the ground floor, in front of the entrance/exit of SM building, Director Kim stops and looks at Kyungsoo. “You must be really happy right now Kyungsoo. She is beautiful and very kind. I can’t help but feel very comfortable with her. No wonder you didn’t wait longer to marry her. I have always been curious of what kind of girl will attract you. You met so many pretty girls through your acting and of course being an idol, there are so many choices you can make but I never saw you being so excited to even try to get to know them. Now I understand why. She is different. You don’t see the quality she has in her in anyone else. I have never seen someone like her before. She is very firm but has this gentle side of her at the same time when she is working. I am really impressed by that. I am not sure what answer she will give me in three days but what I know, I am just happy to be able to tell her about the story. I mean seeing how she cried reading the scenario earlier, I could feel how sincere she was. I believe she will be a great actress if she chose to pursue this career. Thanks for letting us meet her. By the way, I actually brought a copy for you. I forgot to give it to you. Here it is.” He gives the binded scenario to Kyungsoo. “Thank you so much. When I read it the first time, I understood why you wanted Lyn to act as Jinju. That is why I don’t mind when you said you wanted to see her.” He replies. “Will you be okay if she said that she would do it?” Writer Lee asks Kyungsoo. He immediately nods his head. “Yeah, I am totally fine with that. I mean she is going to act along with me anyways, so I think it will be fun. It will be a new experience for me and for her. I think we can start focusing on acting right away if she says yes, we don’t have to put extra work to do a ‘get to know you’ time to get comfortable to be around each other. She is my wife and if there is a girl I am comfortable to be around with, it should be her.” He tells them. “I know right. And I am super excited to see that. It is very rare to see you being all friendly with girls. Indeed, beautiful girl is made to be with a pretty man like you. I really want to say congratulation to both of you on the announcement of your marriage. I am so happy for you. Okay, I think we should leave now while the traffic is still not that busy. I’ll see you again Kyungsoo.” Writer Lee says before waving him goodbye. He smiles at them.

 

 

“Kyungsoo ya, your members are still in the practice room if you want to join them.” Mr Noh informs Kyungsoo after checking it with the other managers. He nods. “Okay hyung. I will join them in a bit.” He says as Mr Noh is leaving him behind. Kyungsoo looks at Lyn’s assistants. “Hyung, please tell Lyn that she is going to go back home with me later. I think it is better if she just waits for me in her office. I will come and see her after the practice.” He asks for their favour. They nod. “Okay, so you’re driving today?” Seungjae asks him. “Yeah, at first I wanted to leave the car at the dorm and come with the other members with our manager but I thought it is better if I just come here right away. So I got here with my car. So you don’t have to send Lyn home today. Let me do it. Okay, hyung. I’ll go join the others first. I’ll see you tomorrow.” He says before running towards the elevator. “Hi guys!” Kyungsoo greets s who are having a five minute break right now. “Hey! Is the meeting done?” Suho asks him. He doesn’t expect to see him there. “Yeah.” He answers shortly before he starts to warm up. “That was pretty quick.” Lay says looking at him. “I know right hyung. So here I am. While waiting for Lyn’s working hour ends, I think I better join you guys here as Noh hyung told me that you guys are still around. How was it?” He asks them. “As usual, we have some new changes here and there. And not to forget about the new songs we will be performing for the first time in this new concert tour. But so far so good, everything is manageable.” Chen sends him his positive vibes. Kyungsoo nods looking at Baekhyun, Sehun and Chanyeol who are lying on the floor obviously exhausted. He sure knows what is going on. He has about few hours to practice for the upcoming tour. When he is in this mode, the only thing that he ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter