Thirty Second Episode

The Unwanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seungsoo is in the room looking after Lyn. It has been a week since she is admitted to the ward. She is still unconscious. They started to feel worried about her. What if she doesn’t want to wake up? But Dr Park and Nurse Kim convince them that it is totally normal. Jae Rin is sitting at the sofa reviewing her work on the laptop. She has been working from the hospital for the past few days. She only leaves when both Seungjae and Jeongmin are around. Mr Noh also contacts her once in a while if he needs her opinion on something. He understands that Jae Rin is worried about Lyn. He is too but he can’t leave all the work at the office. He comes to visit her during the night after he finishes all his works. Tae Ra and her family have moved to the apartment in front of the Do’s family. Since she moved there, Ahn So Ra has stopped contacting her and no one comes to look for them. She is glad that her parents are all safe now. She works hard in the DoLin café as that is the only thing she can do to repay Kyungsoo’s kindness and for everything that she has done to Lyn.

 

 

“Lyn, oppa is here today. How are you little girl? It’s been a week already. I miss seeing your smile. I have no one to talk about your future sister in law. You’re the only one who knows about that. You know what, I feel like she has changed for the past few days. She is not as friendly as she was before. I don’t know what happened. Do you think I made some mistakes that I was not aware of? I don’t know what to do. This is my first serious relationship after years of being single. I feel like she is the one for me but now that she has started to ignore me, I feel kind of doubtful. I wish you could give me any advices right now on how to handle this thing.” Seungsoo talks to Lyn as if she is all awake. At the same time outside of the room, there is a lady looking at them through the small glass window on the door. She can only see Seungsoo who is sitting on the chair next to Lyn’s bed. She can’t see Jae Rin who is sitting next to the door. She looks so sad. “Excuse me, do you know that girl?” Ahn So Ra asks the girl who has been looking at the window since 10 minutes ago. She just randomly comes to the hospital to check either Kyungsoo is doing as he promised or not. Five days have passed and Kyungsoo was never around when she came. This girl she is talking to, she has seen her for a few times doing the same thing. She only looks at the window and never comes in. So Ra starts to feel curious about her.

 

 

That girl is startled at the sudden appearance of Ahn So Ra. She knows that So Ra is an actress who has started to build her name in the filming industry. She bows to her. “No, I don’t know her but I know that guy.” She answers. “Oh, you know Seungsoo oppa?” Ahn So Ra asks her. She is surprised at how she calls Seungsoo as oppa. “Do you know Seungsoo ssi?” She asks So Ra. She smiles at the confused girl. “Yeah, of course I know him. He is Kyungsoo oppa’s brother. I am Kyungsoo oppa’s girlfriend.” She bluntly introduces herself as Kyungsoo’s girlfriend. “Oh, annyeonghaseyo. Do you know what happened to that girl?” She asks her. “Of course I know. She tried to kill herself after Seungsoo oppa rejected her. Seungsoo oppa actually has someone else that he loves but I don’t know who that girl is. That girl inside could not accept that so she tried killing herself by drinking a poison so that Seungsoo oppa will accept her instead and leave his girlfriend. That is why Seungsoo oppa has been spending his time here out of guilt.” Ahn So Ra makes another story fills with lies. She seems to know who this girl is judging at how sad she looks after she hears the story from So Ra. She wipes her tears and starts to walk away. This girl is actually the same girl that Seungsoo is talking about. She doesn’t know Lyn because she never meets the family. Their relationship is still new. They don’t really talk about their family. She is only aware that Seungsoo has a younger brother named Kyungsoo who happens to be an EXO member. Other than that, she knows nothing. She is totally surprised at the lies told by Ahn So Ra. She takes it as a truth. She is disappointed at Seungsoo. She is actually Seungsoo’s junior in the university. She has crush on him since then but she never confesses to him. Only about a year ago, they met again during the reunion and they have been talking to each other since then. Seungsoo is very secretive when it comes to his family. He doesn’t really talk about it.

 

 

“Lyn, please wake up. We all need you here.” Lyn who is still unconscious seems to be disturbed with that voice. ‘Isn’t that Seungsoo oppa?’ She says in her heart. All this while, she has been listening to many voices. Some are familiar and some others are not familiar. She wants to wake up and replies to whatever they were saying to her but she just couldn’t. She slowly opens her eyes. It hurts. The sudden light she sees is hurting her eyes. She blinks her eyes for a few times before opens them wider. She looks around to the unfamiliar space. Everything is all white. She can hear the sound of the machine next to her. She looks to her right. Seungsoo is there crying. Jae Rin unnie is reading something on her laptop. Suddenly Seungsoo raises his head and looks at Lyn who is looking at him. “Lyn? Are you awake? Lyn?” Seungsoo calls her names a few times. Lyn is confused. She looks at him with her round eyes. “Noona, Lyn she is. She is. Look at her.” Seungsoo calls Jae RIn. She rushes to her. She touches Lyn’s hand. “Lyn? Oh my God, you’re finally awake. Thank God.” She starts crying. Lyn doesn’t know what to respond. “Seungsoo, go call the doctor.” He quickly runs out of the room which surprises Seungjae and Jeongmin who are waiting outside. “What is going on Seungsoo ssi? What happened to Lyn?” Jeongmin asks him. “Doctor, I need Dr Park. Nurse Kim, Lyn is awake.” He informs Nurse Kim who is on her way to Lyn’s room bringing a file. “Really? Okay, I will get Dr Park. Wait a minute.” She says to him. Both Seungjae and Jeongmin don’t wait longer, they go into the room and freeze right away to see Lyn is all smiling to them. Their princess is back. Tears fill their eyes. They are so thankful.

 

 

Dr Park comes with Nurse Kim. “Let me check Lyn ssi first. Please wait for a while.” She asks them to give the space to them to do the needed procedure. “Lyn ssi, do you remember what happened to you?” He asks Lyn. She tries to recall but she fails. She shakes her head. “It’s okay. Don’t push yourself. You were in coma for about a week because you were poisoned. Everything is good now. Don’t worry. You don’t have to rush things. Take your time. It is normal if you can’t remember few things. Everything is going to be normal again after a while. Congratulation for coming back.” Dr Park says to her. She turns around and looks at the happy tears from all the people who have been waiting days and nights for Lyn to wake up. “Please do not force her to remember anything or to recall anything. Give her time. She is still weak. Do not rush anything.” She reminds them before leaving the room. “Lyn ssi, it’s time for your daily medication. I will put in the medicine through the drip. I will stop the water intake for a while to give way to the medicine. I will come back in an hour. I am happy to finally see you awake. Nice meeting you Lyn ssi.” Nurse Kim says to Lyn before going out. She smiles at the friendly nurse.

 

 

“Is it true that I was unconscious for a week?” Lyn says to still crying people in front of her. They all nod simultaneously that it looks funny. She laughs at them. “I should take a picture of you guys right now. You guys look so cute.” She says to them. “Aigoo. This little girl. Look at how she jokes around. We were so worried about you. We are just beyond happy that you are all awake right now. Thank you Lyn for coming back.” Seungsoo says to her. She nods and gives them a sweet smile. “OMG! I miss that smile.” Jeongmin suddenly says it out loud. “I will smile at you more after this. A week worth of smile, how’s that?” She says to him. “I like that.” He replies looking at the still weak princess. “Do you feel pain anywhere?” Seungjae asks her. She slowly shakes her head. “No, I think I am all good right now. Just like the doctor told us earlier. You guys don’t have to worry anymore. I am so sorry for making your week miserable.” She says to them. “No, you don’t do anything to us. Just you waking up, it is all that we ever want. Thank you. I am so thankful that we have another chance to be with you again.” Jae Rin says to her patting her covered hair. Yeah, though she was unconscious for a week, they make sure they cover her hair just like how she will do it waking up. Kyungsoo also reminds that to them before leaving.

 

 

Lyn looks at her side. She can see Pengui her stuffed penguin is sitting there. She smiles. “Unnie, can you get me my Pengui?” She asks Jae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter