Seventeenth Episode

The Unwanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hello omeonim. Are you inside the dome already?” Lyn asks receiving a call from her mother in law when the concert is about to start. “Yes, I am sitting already. I am here with Kyungsoo’s father and brother. We can’t wait to watch the performance.” Mrs Do sounds so excited. Lyn laughs. “They already left the dressing room. The concert will start any minutes now.” Lyn informs her. “Aren’t you joining us here?” Mr Do asks. He takes the phone from his wife. “No abeonim. I have to stay here. I wish I could join you guys. Maybe next time.” She answers. Seungsoo then talks to her. “We’ll see you later then at the backstage.” Lyn smiles. “Okay oppa, just give me a call later. I’ll bring you guys to the backstage and you guys can see them after the concert.” She reminds him. “Okay, it’s dark right here. I believe it’s a sign as in the concert is going to start soon.” He tells her. “Yes, oppa. That’s the queue. Enjoy the show. Bye.” She ends the call. She goes to the backstage. She can see how nervous and excited they are right now. She looks at his husband who happens to look at her too. She gives him the sweetest smile. He smiles back at her. He mouths ‘Thank you.’ Lyn just nods though she doesn’t know why he thanks her. The truth is, the smile he receives from his wife boosts an unknown energy into his body and washes away all his worries. It’s a magic she owns.


After about three hours later, EXO says their final greeting and leaves the stage. They all look so satisfied. All of the staffs are clapping for them. Lyn is standing at the back also clapping. She looks at them proudly. She watches the whole concert from the backstage monitor and they definitely nail the concert again. She is so proud to have supported them all this while. They are like the perfect team for her. Kyungsoo who just goes down from the stage hugs the managers and the male staffs. He stops in front of Lyn before pulling her into his arms. He can’t handle his feeling any longer. It’s his first time having his loved one waiting for him at the backstage after finishing a concert tour. So he feels beyond happy. Lyn is shocked. She looks at all the pairs of eyes staring at them with a cheeky smile. She doesn’t know what to do. Kyungsoo doesn’t say anything. He only lets her go when he feels the vibration comes from Lyn’s phone. She looks at him. “It’s omeonim. She called me earlier too. They are here.” Kyungsoo looks so happy with her statement. “Hello omeonim. Yes. Kyungsoo ssi is here. I’ll let Seungjae and Jeongmin oppa go to get you guys. Just wait at the exit no3.” She asks them to wait for his assistants there. Lyn sends a signal to her two already waiting assistants. They immediately leave. “I’ll bring them to see you later in the dressing room.” She tries to leave. She suddenly remembers that Kyungsoo just hugged her earlier. It’s not that he never hugs her before but to do it in front of that many audience, she is not used to it yet. He grabs her hand. “Be careful.” He reminds her. Lyn just nods and leaves waiting for her in laws.


“Kyungsoo ya!” Mrs Do runs to her youngest son when Lyn opens the dressing room’s close door. Mr Do and Seungsoo follow her quietly while greeting other members. Other members are also there with their family. Even Lay’s mother and grandmother flew from China to see him perform with the team today. They couldn’t make it during the first and second day but thankfully they managed to get the flight tickets for today. Kyungsoo turns to where the voice comes. He immediately smiles widely and ready to hold his mother in his arms. Mr Do and Seungsoo only smile looking at them. Lyn is talking with Lay. He wants to introduce her to his family. “Mom, grandma. This is Lyn. She is our new manager. And she is also Kyungsoo’s wife but please keep it a secret.” Lay whispers to them in a cute way making sure they can hear it well. Lyn smiles. She bows. “Hello! I am Lyn. Lay has been talking a lot about you two. Finally I got to meet you. How was the flight?” She says to them. Lay has to be the translator. Lyn has not started learning Chinese yet. Then his grandmother grabs Lyn’s hand, she says. “Beautiful girl, are you Korean?” Lyn shakes her head. “No, I am not grandmother. I am a foreigner.” She nods. “Kyungsoo is so lucky to have found the love of his life. I am still waiting for Lay to introduce one to us.” His mother says to Lyn. Lyn just smiles. “He will bring someone in the future. He told me that he wants to focus on his career and you two first. Then he will think about his future. I’ll see you again. Enjoy your stay in Korea.” Lyn excuses herself. 


Kyungsoo is looking for his wife while talking to his family. He looks around. Then he sees her smiling while talking to Lay’s family. She bows and greets Baekhyun’s and Chen’s family on her way to him. He offers her his hand. Lyn who looks confused only puts her right hand on his. He pulls her closer so that she is literally leaning to his body. “This girl right here, do you know what she did earlier hyung?” Lyn looks at her husband. ‘What did I do?’ She asks through her eyes. “What did you do, Lyn?” Seungsoo asks her. She lifts her shoulders then she looks at Kyungsoo. “She became our interpreter for our press conference earlier. She didn’t just do that but she also stunned everyone in the hall.” She looks at him with her round big eyes. “I did not. I only did my work.” She denies it. “Oh, so that was the articles were all about.” Seungsoo comments. “What articles?” Mr Do asks. “I read few articles on the internet earlier while waiting for the concert to start. Few articles were talking about this girl who speaks uncommon languages in the press conference. I thought they were talking about the reporters. I forgot that my sister in law is capable of doing that. But I never thought that you would be their interpreter today.” They all nod and smile proudly looking at Lyn. She only smiles back at them. She doesn’t know what to do. 


“I think you will be the talk of the town for a while. ExoLs were talking about you in the comment section. You better be careful.” Seungsoo adds. “I will be just fine, oppa. Don’t worry. They will forget about it the latest tonight. Plus, ExoLs are like my friends because I am a part of the fandom too, remember?” She replies to him. “Okay then. I am just saying.” Seungsoo gives up. “Thank you omeoni, abeoji, hyung for coming today. I feel like I received an unknown source of energy performing today.” Kyungsoo honestly says it to them. “Your solo stage was amazing. It was beautiful. Though I don’t understand what the song means but I believe it’s wonderful.” Mrs Do tells her son. “I made the lyrics myself, of course it is beautiful.” He shares the secret behind the song. “What are you going to do later?” Mr Do asks Kyungsoo. “Normally, we will have a party after wrapping up a concert. I think we will do that too tonight.” They nod. “How about Lyn? Will you join the party too?” He then asks his daughter in law. “I don’t think so abeonim. I am going to Han River later. I want to meet up with someone.” Lyn answers him. “The Goguma (sweet potato) family?” Mrs Do asks her. Lyn nods. “Yes omeonim. It’s been a while.” “Okay, be careful. Do you want us to give you a ride?” Seungsoo offers. “No, I’ll be fine. Plus, I am not going there right now. I’ll go there later. After everything is settled here, I’ll go.” Lyn explains. They nod and bid goodbye a few minutes later leaving Kyungsoo and Lyn alone. 


Kyungsoo takes a look at his wife who is replying a text message on her phone. ‘Goguma family? Who’s that?’ He is curious. He has never heard that name before. When she is done replying the message, she puts her phone back into her small bag. She looks at her husband. “You talked about Goguma family earlier. Who’s that?” He asks her without waiting any longer. “Oh, they are one of the street vendors at Han River. They sell grilled sweet potatoes. I’ve always liked eating goguma. I happened to buy one from them when I had a night walk there almost 10 months ago. The family were so sweet. Since then, I always go there if I have appointments around that area and grab some gogumas. When I have extra free time, I spend my time there teaching their little kids English.” Lyn gives him a little introduction about the family. Kyungsoo nods. “So you’re going there later?” He asks her. Lyn nods. “Yes, I bought them few new workbooks and colouring books. So I want to give it to them later.” Lyn tells him about her plan. “With whom are you going?” He asks another question. “Alone. I normally go see them by myself

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter