Fifty Fourth Episode

The Unwanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Okay, if everyone is ready, shall we start with the very first question now?” MC Yoo starts the special Q&A session. “Yes!” ExoLs reply to her. Everybody is excited to get picked. In front of MC Yoo, there is this big glass bowl where folded mini papers are all gathered. She asks Chanyeol to pick one and he reads the number out. “It is L15. Where are you?” He asks looking for the owner. Someone screams from the audience. “It’s me! I am here.” A girl who wears a red jacket raises her hand up. “Oh, there you are. Please introduce yourself and then you can ask your question.” MC Yoo leads her. A staff gives her a mic that she can use. “Hello! I am Stephanie Lee. I am a fan of Sehun.” She waves at Sehun and he waves back at her. “But today my question is not for Sehun. I would like to ask the couple. Lyn ssi, you’re beautiful and I am very happy to finally see you here today. I heard that you are doing your doctorate degree. How is everything going so far? And do you have any Dos and Don’ts for those who want to further their studies? It is because I plan to further my study soon. But I am still thinking of options. I hope for some advices from you. And to D.O. ssi, how do you cope with a wife who is working as a manager and also a PHD student at the same time? Do you ever feel neglected? She must be really busy. Okay, that is it. Have a wonderful marriage you two.” She delivers her questions safely. “Thanks Stephanie ssi. Please have a seat. Okay, who will answer the question first?” MC Yoo looks at the couple. Kyungsoo gives the floor to his wife first. Lyn grabs the mic and she makes sure she looks at the one who delivered the question.

 

 

Lyn starts answering the questions. “Praise to God, I am officially graduated now. Actually I managed to finish my desertation right before the incident happened. So I am really lucky because my name is able to join the graduation ceremony list this year. Though I didn’t get to be there receiving my certificate personally, my family attended it on my behalf last month. So that was great. And for the advices, I don’t think I am the person who can say the Dos and Don’ts because it depends on what you are comfortable with yourself. It is different for everyone. Even when I asked my friends, they all have varieties of different answers. But I will just share briefly why I furthered my study and what I did to finish it. I personally love to study. It is something that I really enjoy doing. I think it is important to love doing things that you want to do. Being stressed is unavoidable. Find your own hobby to release that unneeded tension. Hard working is a must. There is no shortcut for that. You don’t have any other options but to read more and to write more. That is basically what you have to promise when you have decided to further your study. And if you decide to study abroad, be ready to forget all your favourite foods because it might not be easy to find or you can always learn how to make it so that you can try making it yourself. Trust me, you will surprise yourself at how much you can do when you are all by yourself without your family. Missing your family and friends is normal. For me, I don’t normally contact my family because I tend to miss them more if I do. So once a month or twice is enough for me just to update about my life and be updated about their life back at home. Studying abroad without your family will definitely make you one independent individu. And that is one of the good points from my personal experience. I really want to say all the best to everyone who has plans to further their study. Just believe that you can always achieve it if you try hard to get it. The starting point is always difficult but once you go through it, everything else will be just fine. Don’t ever give up easily. When you want it, you can always achieve it. Remember that. Fighting! Thank you for the question and also your wish. We will live happily.” She ends her answer. She receives a loud applause from the audience.

 

 

“So you are now a Doctor, aren’t you? I should call you Dr Lyn then.” MC Yoo says to Lyn. She shakes her head immediately. “No, no. Please just call me by my name. Lyn.” She makes thing clear. She doesn’t want to build a wall between her and everyone. “Okay Lyn ssi. Thanks for that useful answer you share with us. Now it is D.O. ssi’s turn to answer the question. Do you still remember the question?” She asks him. Kyungsoo nods. “Have I ever felt neglected by my wife? Amazingly the answer is no. I never felt neglected. I know it is kind of impossible but there is something about Lyn that she is very good at dividing her time. If you see the way she works, it looks like she has more time than what we have. Like it doesn’t look like she only has 24 hours a day, seven days a week but she seems to have more. I am amazed at how great she is at dividing her time between work, study, home, family and life. For example, if people in SM ask for last minute emergency help from her, she never says no as far as I am concerned. She always has a magic extra time for something else apart of her really busy schedules. As she is working with us, we have very hectic schedules, so do our managers. But she is always there when we need her. And she is always there when I am home. And she always goes to visit my family when she has a free time. I think it is not me who is the one coping with her busy life but she is the one who always makes her time to cope with mine. For that, I am very thankful to my precious wife. I think I need to learn on how to properly divide my time for a better use in the future.” He ends his answer there. “We all need to learn something from her.” Some ExoLs deliver their thought. “Maybe you can make a private lecture on how to divide time successfully Lyn ssi. That is my suggestion. Okay, let’s ask Chen ssi to draw another number.” He gets a paper from the bowl. “It is E09. Where are you?” He asks looking at the front rows. A male ExoL raises his hand.

 

 

“Hi, I am Jo Jeong Sin. I am a fan of D.O. So my question is for him. Your wife is an ExoL. Did you know about that from the very beginning? And what was your first impression about her when you first met her? Also how did you confess your love for her? We are all very curious about that.” The male fan delivers his questions. “Okay D.O. ssi, you may answer the questions now.” MC Yoo says looking at Kyungsoo. “Thanks for the questions. Actually I had no idea that my wife was an ExoL. Even when I went to propose her, my in laws never mentioned anything about it even when I told them who I truly was. I guess maybe they had no idea what EXO was. We have to work harder I believe. Haha. But I got to know that she was an ExoL on our wedding night. The first time we spent our alone time together in her bedroom. When I was left alone there, I could not help but to look around because her room was so prettily decorated. So I got so curious about everything. She had this one big shelf full with books and there was another cabinet at the corner where she put all EXO related stuffs. She has all our albums, DVDs, lightsticks and other merchandises. She kept them all nicely. That was when I found out that I married an ExoL. I was really happy to know that. I first saw her in my dream, I was dumbfounded to see someone that perfect I would say. This might sound exaggerating but this was how I really felt. I felt like she was too perfect to be only human and to exist in real life. So I thought she must be some kind of angel especially when she repeatedly visited me in my dreams and she never said anything. I was afraid that I would forget about her one day so that was why I started drawing her from what I remembered in my dream. I even showed the drawing to my members hoping that they would know who she was. Like I believe they met more people than I did, so they might see her somewhere but unfortunately they never saw her.” He stops for a while because MC Yoo asks an impromptu question to the others. “What did you feel the first time you guys saw her picture? Do you still remember? Any of you?” She asks looking at the members.

 

 

Everyone keeps on looking at each other. They don’t know who is supposed to answer that question as the representative for them. Baekhyun takes the lead. “To be very honest, Kyungsoo almost hit us because of our response. We were like ‘OMG Kyungsoo who is this beautiful princess? Can you introduce her to us? We really want to meet her.’ We were very excited to see the drawing. We were not even kidding. But seeing our response, he realized that we also never saw that girl before. He looked very serious. We forced him to spill the truth. That was when he told us about his dream.” He ends his answer there. “I think I will also give the similar response. Just look at her.” MC Yoo says to him while looking at Lyn. The crowd agrees. Kyungsoo continues shortly after that. “And when I saw her the first time at the airport, I thought I was dreaming. I almost fainted. But thank goodness I didn’t. If I did, I don’t think I am here with her as my wife now. It took me a while to be really sure that she was real. Plus I have very bad eyesight, so I needed to double make sure. And for the first time in my life, I approached a girl because I really want to make her mine. I had no intention to befriend with her or to make her a girl friend, or a bestfriend, when I saw her that day; I knew that she was the one for me. I promised myself that I would make her my wife no matter what it took. And I did.” Kyungsoo says grabbing Lyn’s right hand and he holds it tight. Lyn smiles as she is looking at him. “Talking about that, we actually have a video of that memory to share with you guys. It was secretly recorded by our Baekhyun. Please play the video of the first conversation on their very first meeting.” Xiumin announces a surprise for everyone.

 

 

The video is playing for everyone. They are very focus on it. Some are holding their smiles. Some are holding both of their hands looking at the scenes. Some of them are also waving seeing Kyungsoo waving at Lyn in the video. Lyn is smiling looking at the cute view in front of them. The video ends a few minutes later. “May I know why the manager said sorry? What actually happened?” MC Yoo asks for an explanation. Lyn lets her husband answer the question. “Actually there was a misunderstanding when we were queueing up. The bodyguard mistook Lyn as a sasaeng fan, while in fact; she was there to catch her flight too. Just like all of us. She didn’t even realize that we were there at the same line. She didn’t even bother as she was occupied with her things. She was holding her phone as if she was recording something. She was actually replying her brother’s text messages. How do I know? I was there the whole time. I was observing her I would say. I purposely stood behind her queueing up. So I helped clearing things up. Honestly I was waiting for the right time to get the chance to talk to her but she didn’t even care about me. I don’t blame her. She left for a bookstore after that because she wanted to buy some journals. And it happened that there was a bookstore close to where we were queueing. Seeing her leaving me like that, I was very sad. It was as if the opportunity was snatched away right in front of my eyes. Haha. But of course I still kept my eyes on her until the end. What you watched in the video earlier is what happened after that.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter