Forty Fifth Episode

The Unwanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Time flies so fast. Today marks the third month after Lyn got stabbed by Ahn So Ra at the backstage of EXO concert at the Gocheok Sky Dome in Seoul. It has been two months since Lyn left the Intensive Care Unit after admitted there for a month. With Kyungsoo’s personal request, she is now staying at the first class personal ward which has bigger space and it is complete with an individual bathroom inside. They don’t have to share it with other patients. There is a comfortable mini seating area provided inside the room. The most important thing is Lyn won’t be uncomfortable staying there. The privacy is what Kyungsoo was looking for when he was given the options. He went for it without thinking much. Though the cost is absolutely high, it is not a problem for him as long as his wife is protected and comfortable to be there. Even Dr Park agreed with his decision because Lyn really needs a good surrounding to recover quickly. The reason for Lyn is still admitted in the hospital is because she is still unconscious up until today. But the good news that they have been wanted to know is the doctor and her team have finally got the most waited result of her whole body scan and detailed blood test. Lyn is now officially free from any illness. The result that was confirmed on the fourth week of her admission clearly showed that she has a healthy heart. The poison was completely flushed out miraculously caused by the stabbing. The scar from the surgery has recovered fully. Literally she is good inside out now. They are only waiting for her to regain her consciousness. According to Nurse Kim’s previous experiences, she is supposed to be conscious by now but as they are told before, things like this are unexpected. Maybe Lyn needs more of the moral and emotional supports from the family that is why she still refuses to wake up. Or maybe her previous experiences were too much, so she is scared to face it again. Nothing can explain why she is still unconscious. They can only wait and keep on waiting. At least they are now relieved because Lyn is no longer a terminal disease’s patient.

 

 

Kyungsoo has been staying in the hospital accompanying his wife since the last two months. During the first month, she was warded in the Intensive Care Unit; no one was allowed to stay there with her. She was fully under observation for the whole month. When she was moved to where she is staying now, Kyungsoo starts to sleep in the hospital whenever he can. Sometimes he is alone and sometimes he is accompanied by his parents or his parents in law during the night. During the day when Kyungsoo has some tight schedules, Lyn’s siblings take turn to accompany her in the hospital. They never leave her alone. They don’t want Lyn to wake up and see no one beside her. It is definitely tiring but for Kyungsoo it is not a big deal as long as he can be with his girl. The hospital is officially becomes his second home now. He doesn’t feel uncomfortable at all. He also brings along Pengui with him since the first day he starts staying there. But since few weeks ago, he needs to leave Lyn for days because of his hectic filming schedules for movie and EXO activities. They are currently preparing for for their new concert tour and the new album that will be released next week. They have been busy practising for the new songs and the new dancing routines. It has been very tight and insane schedules. They are used to it but it is still exhausting. Though there is a lot in his mind worrying about the still sleeping wife, he tries to look just fine in front of people. He doesn’t want to affect his other members’ condition. He is aware at how important their focus is to complete the waited album. They have been working hard choosing the best songs and this time, more songs of their creation are included in the album. They are more involved in this year’s album. He doesn’t want his personal matters affect his professional work ethic. He knows that he needs to stay positive and strong for him and Lyn.

 

 

Since Kyungsoo knows that Lyn could hear and feel everything from her first experience of coma, he makes sure he talks to her at least once a day when he is around. He would kiss her on her face or on her hand to make sure Lyn can feel that she is accompanied and she is not alone. He doesn’t want her to be scared to open her eyes because she is afraid to be alone all by herself. Lyn’s family has literally been staying in Korea since the accident. They want to be by her side when she wakes up. Their family business is monitored online. They already ask some of their trusted close relatives to help them there. They would go back to their country if there is an emergency only. Other than that, they are more comfortable doing it this way. The Do family and Lyn’s family have spent a lot of time together. One of the reasons is they are staying close to each other. They got to know more about one another after what happened to Lyn. It really is a blessing in disguise. Though up until today, there are times where Kyungsoo’s parents would randomly ask for their forgiveness again and again, Lyn’s parents would calmly ask them to stop doing so because they have forgiven them long ago. They know that they are still feeling guilty. But they don’t know what else to do. It is Lyn’s right to punish them if she wants to. It’s not their rights to do it. They can see how regretful they are and that is more than enough. They just hope that they can forget everything and start a new life with everyone. Today the ward is full house. Everyone is here since it is Saturday. The off day for them and it happens that Kyungsoo is given a day off too today. As usual, he is sitting on a chair close to his wife who is lying on the bed. He plants a kiss on her forehead. She is no longer wearing oxygen mask because she now can breathe normally without any supports. He then plants a small kiss on her red lips. He holds Lyn’s right hand tight before kissing it too. He then takes Lyn’s favourite lotion from the side table’s drawer. He puts some on his hand before carefully applying it on Lyn’s hand. It has become one of his routines now. The scent spreads inside the room. Mrs Aisyaa smiles because it really reminds her of Lyn’s night routine. Sometimes Lyn would apply on her hands too. She would massage Mrs Aisyaa’s hands wiile talking about random stuffs. Lyn is a very loving daughter. She looks at her son in law. He is a devoting husband who made a silly mistake in the past and is ready to be a better partner for her daughter. She is thankful as she knows that Lyn will be happy living as his wife. He truly loves her. They could see that clearly.

 

 

When Kyungsoo is done applying the lotion, he places the bottle on the side table. He is back holding her hand while looking at her. Though she has been ‘sleeping’ for the past three months, she still looks beautiful. Her skin is not dry at all. Her lips are not pale. The pair still looks pinkishly red. He carefully applies a lip balm on the lips. He continues staring at his wife. She doesn’t look fatigued. She doesn’t look like someone who has been in coma for months. She looks like she is only sleeping. The only obvious change is she definitely lost more weights but it doesn’t affect her natural beauty. She is indeed a beauty as all his other members said to him the other day when they came to see her. He nods in agreement. He rubs her covered hair. Kyungsoo tries his hardest to keep her hair covered because he knows Lyn would not like it if the always covered hair is exposed to others. His parents in law agree with him in this case. He carefully sits on the edge of the bed staring at her. “Sweetheart, today is Saturday. It is October the 26th. It is the 93th day since it happened. I am sure you’re curious about the weather today. Looking at the sky out there, it looks like it is going to rain later in the afternoon. It’s very windy and cloudy today. How are you today, Love? Me? I am okay. It’s just that I have become busier lately. EXO is totally occupied with the practise sessions for the upcoming tour. It is exhausting but as it is something that we love to do, we are having fun as well. The stage is going to be a lot fancier this time. I can’t wait to show it to you. Oh, we are going to release a new album next week. So far, the anticipation for the album is crazy. You’re totally right sweetheart. ExoLs are indeed awesome. They totally put their trusts on us and keep on supporting us in everything that we do. I guess you understand them more because you are one of our precious ExoLs too. Sweetheart, it has been three months since the last time I saw your pretty eyes. I miss them so much. Wait, let me rephrase it. I miss you so much. I know you are waiting for the right time to wake up. Don’t worry, when that day has finally come, we are here to welcome you Love. We will be waiting for you. Your family is here waiting for you since the very first day you slept. Our family is united, Lyn. I am sure you’re going to be excited to see that.” Kyungsoo talks to her as if she is awake.

 

 

The others are listening to Kyungsoo’s one sided conversation. It has been his routine talking to his wife. He doesn’t even bother to keep his voice low. He is not shy at all to express his love for his wife that he has been neglecting for almost two years now. He doesn’t want to keep anything from the family anymore. He is totally responsibled for everything that happened to Lyn. If only he came clean to her and his family from the very beginning, this would never happen. Lyn is not going to lie on this bed. But nothing can be changed now. The only thing that he can do now is working his hardest to fix the mistakes he committed. Then everything is going to be fine again. He really wants to start a new life with his wife. Living a real married life with his one and only wife is his goal right now. He kisses her hand again. He keeps on looking at his wife when he suddenly feels like she is clenching both of her fists. She wrinkles. She is restless. Her chest is waving hard up and down. She is taking a very deep breath with her eyes still closely tight. It looks like she is suffocating. She is having a difficulty to breathe. Lyn is literally holding his hand tight. This never happens before. He never feels any of her movement before. This is weird. Kyungsoo is surprised. “Lyn? Are you okay?” He asks her trying to digest what is going on. “Lyn? Lyn? Sweetheart?” He repeatedly asks her trying to wake her up. The others are surprised to hear that. They move forward closer to where Lyn is. “What is wrong Kyungsoo?” Mr Eusoff asks him. “I don’t know dad. Look at her. She is moving.” He explains to him showing her hand now holding his hand tight. “OMG! What is wrong with our daughter?” Mrs Ai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter