Forty Ninth Episode

The Unwanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

At 8 o’clock in the morning, Dr Park comes to see Lyn as Nurse Kim mentioned earlier. Lyn is sitting on the bed, she is still writing while waiting for the doctor. Kyungsoo just goes out of the bathroom after taking a shower. His hair is still wet. “Hello Dr Park.” He greets her. “Hello Kyungsoo ssi. You look so much better today. I am glad to see that. Lyn ssi is really your medicine.” She says to him while approaching Lyn. “Of course Dr Park, my wife is here with me. There is nothing that I am worried about anymore. I am just beyond happy to be able to be with her again. This is what I have been waiting for.” He says before placing the towel on the rack and goes closer to Lyn. Lyn is only smiling listening to the conversation. “Okay Lyn ssi. Let me check you now.” Dr Park is back focussing on doing the routine check on Lyn. Nurse Kim is next to her helping her with the procedure. They don’t say anything. Lyn and Kyungsoo are only looking at them without saying anything. “Lyn ssi, your breathing is normal. Your heart beat is normal. There is nothing weird about your blood rate. Everything seems okay. Even the scar of the surgery is fully healed now. Thanks to Kyungsoo ssi’s hard work to apply the lotion onto it. The scar is hardly seen now. So for the news that you have been waiting for the past three months, as Lyn ssi’s doctor, I am happy to announce that you can bring your wife home today.” She says looking at Kyungsoo. “Seriously Dr Park?” He asks in disbelief. “Yes, I am being serious now. Lyn ssi is healthy and fit enough to leave the hospital. I will ask Nurse Kim to pack you some vitamins to help you gain your energy back. And she will help you with the discharging from the hospital process.” She explains further.

 

 

Kyungsoo can’t help it. He starts to cry happy tears. The day has finally come. “Congratulation Lyn ssi. And I am so proud of you. Since the first day I met you, you never give up. I am so amazed with the miracles that happened around you. It makes me look at life in different light now. I hope to see you again in the future, not as my patient but as a sister and friend. I hope to still keep in touch with you.” Dr Park says to Lyn. She doesn’t know why but she feels so attached with her. “Should I call you unnie from now on? Park unnie? So please stop calling me Lyn ssi, just call me Lyn.” Lyn suggests. Dr Park smiles at her. “I would love to be called that way, Lyn.” She replies. “Thanks unnie for treating me very well. Thank you so much to the both of you for working very hard taking care of me. I really appreciate that. I don’t think I can repay your kindness. I wish you long lasting happiness and health. Thank you so much for everything.” Lyn leaves the bed and goes to the two women. She gives them a tight hug. “OMG! This little girl, you make me cry.” Nurse Kim says to her wiping her tears. Lyn just smiles. “I am very lucky to meet with you both. Thanks again.” Lyn says to them both. Kyungsoo is only watching them from behind. He looks at his smiling wife. He knows how Dr Park and Nurse Kim feel for her. He understands how attached they are with Lyn. And he knows very well how Lyn is very approachable, humble and thoughtful. It is not hard to fall in love with her. “Okay Lyn. You can start packing all your stuffs before your husband cries a river here in the hospital. Go give him a hug or something so he can stop crying.” Dr Park says to Lyn pointing at the crying husband. Lyn turns around. She is surprised to see Kyungsoo looks so red. “Thanks unniedeul.” Lyn says before they leave the room.

 

 

When the room is close, Lyn goes to lock it. Kyungsoo has no idea why she locks it. She then goes to Kyungsoo. She stands in front of him looking at him. He is still crying. “Are you okay Nampyeon nim?” She asks wiping the tears for him. He slowly nods. He wraps his hands around Lyn’s waist. Lyn doesn’t stop him. She just lets him be. “I am happy that today has finally come. You get to go home. We get to be back to our house. I am just happy. I don’t know how to put it into words. Thanks for not giving up sweetheart.” He says to her pulling her closer to him. She looks into his eyes. “How can you still look good when you are crying? Did you get an acting lesson on crying beautifully before?” She says touching his face. He smiles listening to her random comment. “No, I didn’t get any lesson on that. I guess I am just gifted.” He replies to her. She nods. “I agree.” She says to him. She wraps her hands around his neck pulling him into a warm hug. They are few minutes into a silent hug. No one says anything. He even tightens the hug. “I love you sweetheart. I love you so much my wife.” He whispers in her ear. She is touched at how consistent he is at expressing his love for her. It is not even a day since she woke up but she has lost track of how many times has he confessed his love for her. “Thank you for waiting. Thank you for not giving this marriage up.” She says to him. Though she still can’t reply his love confession for her, she wants him to know that she appreciates everything that he did for her. “I will never give this marriage up. I will never let you go sweetheart. You’re my life. This marriage is my everything.” He replies kissing her covered hair. She is smiling being thankful.

 

 

“Why did you lock the door?” Kyungsoo asks her after letting her go from the hug but his hands are still wrapping around her waist. He looks at her smiling cheekily. Lyn looks at him with a confused expression. She knows that he has different thoughts. She lifts both of her eyebrows. “I don’t want you to hold back your tears. I locked the door so that you feel comfortable crying. You did look like you would cry a river just like what Park unnie said earlier. But it looks like you have stopped crying now.” She quickly moves to the door and unlocks it right away. She ignores the pouty husband. She moves to the side table. She starts packing her things up. “Kyungsoo ssi, what time will you leave for your practice? I think you can go if you want to go now. Just please call Adam oppa or Noah oppa to fetch me up later. I couldn’t find my phone.” She says without looking at her husband. Suddenly she feels a hug from behind. She freezes. “Kyungsoo ssi?” She calls his name when he doesn’t say anything. “I’ll bring you home myself. It is still early. It is not even 10 in the morning now. I don’t think we got so much things to pack. Actually they want to come here today but I think they can just wait at home. I will call them after this. Oh about your phone, it is with me. But I left it at home. I will give it back to you later.” He says before letting her go.

 

 

When Lyn is done packing her stuffs she sits on the bed looking at the bright sky. It feels like a dream that she will leave the hospital and she is leaving alive. No one would imagine that seeing how sick she was three months ago. Miracles do happen and she is the living proof. It is true that prayers are powerful. And God always knows what is best for us. “Sweetheart, are you okay?” He sits next to her grabbing her right hand. She looks at her side. She slowly nods. “I am fine. I am just thankful that I am still alive. I am still amazed at how beautiful God’s plan is. I think I am ready to leave now.” She says standing up. She wants to meet all the nurses that have been working days and nights taking care of her. She grabs her handbag. Kyungsoo is pulling a medium sized luggage with his right hand and holding Lyn’s right hand with his left after opening the door wide. Lyn’s jaw drops. “Oppadeul???” She says looking at the two men standing in front of her. If only they are her real older brothers, she would run into their arms. Seungjae and Jeongmin are standing there smiling at her. “Yes princess. It is Seungjae oppa and Jeongmin oppa here. We are fetching you up.” Seungjae says looking at her with his teary eyes. Jeongmin is waving at her happily. She waves at him back. “Are you guys fine? How are you?” Lyn asks her two loyal assistants. They all laugh. “Princess, isn’t it supposed to be us who is asking you that question? Well, to answer your question, yes we are totally fine. We are way better now that you are here with us.” Jeongmin says to her. “Great! What are you guys doing here?” She asks them because Kyungsoo didn’t mention anything about them coming to fetch her up. He told her that he is the one who will bring her home. “Kyungsoo ssi called us earlier. He needs our help. You know just to make sure everything is fine and clear. We will drive you guys home.” Seungjae explains to her. She only nods. She is aware how worried Kyungsoo is about her especially after what happened last night. It was not that they were doing any harm towards her but he was just worried something unexpected might happen.

 

 

“Congratulation Lyn! Finally you can leave the hospital in a very healthy condition. Please don’t forget about us here. Whenever you miss us, just come and see us here.” Nurse Kim says to her holding her tight. “Thanks unnie. I will never ever forget about all of you. I will make sure that I will come by to see you guys here.” Lyn replies. “Shall we take a picture together?” Dr Park comes with a phone in her hand. They take a selfie together. “Please live happily together you two. I pray for only joy and happiness for the both of you beautiful couple.” She says touching Lyn’s cheek. “I will make her happy. Thanks for everything Dr Park, Nurse Kim and the whole team who has been working very hard to make sure everything is fine with my wife. I really appreciate your hard work. I just can’t thank you enough. I think I can only repay that by giving my wife her endless happiness.” Kyungsoo says to them. They all nod. “You’re totally right. Please make her happy.” Some of the nurses say to him. “I will do that!” He replies. Nurse Kim approaches them giving a paper bag of vitamins as Dr Park mentioned earlier. “Make sure you finish everything. And you can now eat solid food slowly. I know your appetite is kind of gone. But it will be back to normal slowly. Just eat as much as you need. Do not push. Everything is going to be back to normal soon. For caffeine intake, you have to wait for another two weeks for that. For now, you can drink juices. It also will help with your appetite.” She reminds her. Lyn nods taking note. “One last question, is it okay for her not to sleep at night? It is because she didn’t sleep at all last night.” Kyungsoo feels like he needs to know about that. “Don’t worry Kyungsoo ssi. As Nurse Kim said earlier, everything will go back to normal soon. She must be not feeling tired after a very long sleep. So her body doesn’t need sleep to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter