Fiftieth Episode

The Unwanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Lyn is talking with her sister Sophea when she receives a call from Kyungsoo. “Hello sweetheart? What are you doing?” He asks her when the call is answered. “Hello Kyungsoo ssi. I am just sitting having a chat with my sister. I am not allowed to do anything. I only helped a little bit in the kitchen earlier. Are you done with the practice?” She asks him after telling him a short story about what is going on. Kyungsoo laughs. He can imagine how Lyn is not being able to do anything. He knows that their family are still worried about her. They are afraid that Lyn is still weak. The truth is Lyn can actually do everything like others now. She is not like other patients. Even Dr Park mentioned this to him. As they believe, miracles do happen. We can’t definitely generalise everything to everyone. Different people have different cases. So we can’t be really sure on things. It might happen differently to you but not to others. Kyungsoo is just thankful for the speedy recovery of his wife while she was still unconscious though it took her a while to wake up. At least now, she can live normally like before very immediately. “Yes sweetheart. We just finished practising.” Kyungsoo says before she can hear some other voices calling her. “Lyn noona! Lyn noona! How are you? We can’t wait to see you!” The voices say to her before Kyungsoo asks them to stay quiet. Lyn giggles. “Who was that?” She asks him. “Oh it was Sehun and Baekhyun. They are very loud. By the way, I am going to fetch you up in around one hour from now. Are you okay with that?” He asks her. “Yeah, I think so. Plus I think everyone is aware that we are not sleeping here tonight. They keep on reminding me to pack my things.” She tells her husband. “Yeah, I told them about my plan. Don’t be mad at them.” He makes her feel better. “No, I am not mad at all. I find it really cute.” She corrects him. Kyungsoo is relieved. “Oh, Seungjae hyung and Jeongmin hyung, are they still there?” He asks her. “No, I asked them to go home and rest after the dinner earlier. Though they refused at first, when Adam oppa and Seungsoo oppa convinced them that I will be fine here, they agreed to leave.” She tells him the whole story. “They care about you a lot that is why they are acting that way.” He says to her. “I know. That is why I am so thankful. Okay Kyungsoo ssi, drive carefully later.” Lyn says ending the call. “Okay sweetheart. Love you.” He says to her. Though Lyn is still not replying his love, he is still thankful because he finally can express his love for her whenever and wherever he wants. He is going to wait for that day to come.

 

 

Kyungsoo turns around only to see all his other eight members are smiling cheekily looking at him. “Why are you guys looking at me like that?” He asks looking at them one after another. “It’s weird to see you all lovey dovey on the phone with her.” Suho says to him with a smile on his face. “What is wrong with that? I am talking to my wife. It’s not that I am talking to some other girls.” He replies defending himself. The truth is he is embarrassed. “We know. She will be your wife of two years in few months. But it is just that we never saw you acting this way. We are happy for you because now you can love her openly. You don’t have to keep it a secret from anyone anymore.” Xiumin says to Kyungsoo. They all nod. “Thanks to all of you I got the courage to fight for my love. Thanks guys.” He says looking at s. “Stop being so formal with us. We are like family. We are brothers. Of course we will always be there for each other. Don’t mention it.” Lay says to him. Kyungsoo smiles at him. “What time are you coming later?” Chanyeol asks him. “I am going to fetch her up after I take my shower and everything. But I don’t think I will leave my parents’ home right away. Maybe I will stay there for a ten to twenty minutes. After that, I will bring her with me. I will update again later.” Kyungsoo informs them their plan. “Can she eat everything? Is there anything that she is forbidden to eat because of her previous condition?” Chen asks just checking if there is something that they should know. “Oh, I forgot to mention that. No caffeine for her for the next two weeks. And about foods, she can eat anything but non solid foods are the better options for her digestion. We don’t want to surprise her stomach too much. Her appetite is still not normal. So please understand her. She will be fine as time goes.” Kyungsoo explains about his wife. “We understand. Don’t worry Kyungsoo ya. As long as she is fine, that is more than enough. She means a lot to us too.” Baekhyun says to him. “I know.” He replies. “I think we need to wash ourselves fast. We need to go to a supermarket to get some groceries.” Sehun reminds them. “You’re right Sehun aa. Hyung, good luck for tonight.” Kai says to him before everyone runs to the shower room. Kyungsoo just looks at them shaking his head.

 

 

By 8.30pm, Kyungsoo has safely arrived at his parents’ home. He drives there himself. He parks the car carefully before literally speed walking towards home. He can’t wait to see his wife. When he enters his parents’ home, everyone is watching a movie together. They are watching ‘Hyung’, his movie. No one realizes that he is there. He looks for his wife but she is not there. Sophea points at the kitchen. ‘She is there.’ She whispers with a smile on her face. ‘Thank you.’ Kyungsoo says to his sister in law. She nods before her attention is back at the movie. He looks at the screen. It is the scene where Doo Young is eating the Jjajangmyeon where Doo Sik is sitting there next to him. He smiles before quietly goes to the kitchen. From the door, he can see Lyn’s back. She is talking with Mrs Do and Mrs Aisyaa. Mr Do and Mr Eusoff are drinking coffee at the side while the three women are putting the freshly baked cake in a big food container. They don’t know that Kyungsoo is there. He slowly moves behind his wife and puts his hand on her back. Lyn is surprised. She quickly looks to her right. “Kyungsoo ssi? You’re here?” She says asking him. He ignores the question and pulls her into a hug instead. Lyn just goes with the flow. Their parents are all smiling looking at the lovebirds. He lets her go a minute later. “You’re doing fine, right? You’re not tired or something?” He asks holding her right cheek with his left hand and her waist with another. “Yeah, I am fine. I don’t think I get to feel tired at all. Everyone is literally stopping me from doing anything. They only allow me to help them with this.” She says pointing at the few food containers filled with cheese cakes that they baked together earlier. “If only we know how to bake it, you won’t even be allowed to enter the kitchen.” Mrs Do says teasing her. She pouts. “Mom, Dad, omeoni, abeoji, I am here to fetch Lyn up. I think we will leave now. I don’t want to be late.” He says informing their parents. They just nod as they already knew about his plan. “Here, bring this one too. I’ll remind you again later. Now go to your room and get your things.” Mrs Do says to the couple touching the food container. “Okay omeoni. Come sweetheart.” Kyungsoo pulls Lyn out of the kitchen and they go to their room after that.

 

 

“You’re done packing Lyn?” Kyungsoo asks pointing at the luggage next to the bed. She nods. “Do you have anything else to bring?” He asks her making sure nothing is left behind. “Oh, my toiletries! Let me get them.” She runs to the bathroom. Kyungsoo is worried looking at how fast she is running. But she is just doing fine. As usual, it is more to the husband’s worry. He quickly goes to his safe next to the closet. He keys in the code and opens it. He gets a few sketch books from it and quickly closes it again. He puts them in his bagpack right on time Lyn comes out of the bathroom. He looks surprised. He is literally sweating. Lyn realizes the changes on his face. “Are you okay Kyungsoo ssi?” She asks him putting all her toiletries inside a small bag. She then packs it inside her zipped luggage. “Yeah, I am fine.” He answers after inhaling deeply. “I am ready to go now.” She tells him. “Okay, let’s go.” He says pulling the luggage to the door. When he locks the door, both of them realize that everyone is looking at them standing. “Have you finished watching the movie?” Lyn asks her siblings and Seungsoo. They all shake their heads. “We put it on pause. We want to see you go first.” Adam says telling her what is going on. She nods. “Okay but you don’t have to do that. It is not like we are going far. I’ll come and see you guys again.” She says to them smiling wide. “Yeah, we know.” Sophea replies to her one and only little sister. “We’ll go first. We’ll see you again soon.” Kyungsoo says to all of them. “Please take good care of our little girl.” Noah says to Kyungsoo. He nods. “I will. I won’t repeat my silly mistakes again. I am not going to waste the golden chance given to me. I will make her happy.” He says looking serious before taking a glance at his beautiful wife. She knows that her family believe in Kyungsoo. It is just that nothing can stop them from reminding Kyungsoo about it over and over again. She knows that they are only worried about her. She really appreciates that. She looks at her husband who happens to be looking at her too. He smiles at her. He looks just fine.

 

 

They are walking holding hands towards Kyungsoo’s car. He opens the door for her at the passenger seat next to the driver. He goes at the back to put in the luggage after closing the door for her. He then enters the car before turning on the engine. He looks to his side. “Now that we are alone, it feels like a dream being in the car with you.” He says touching her cheek. “Right? I also feel the same thing. It’s weird to be here with only you in this car. It is like it has been a long while.” She says looking at him. “Are you uncomfortable sweetheart?” He asks looking at his always calm looking wife. “I am fine. Don

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter