Fifteenth Episode

The Unwanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

All of the staffs working for EXO are instructed to join all the rehearsals and practices sessions. None of them is exempted from that order. Not even Lyn who is mostly working on the meetings and paper works related only. In the time like this, all of the staffs who are normally working in the office, they will be given special mobile space so that they can work close to where the practise venue is. They don’t have to be there at all times but as long as they are present during the rehearsal and everything, it should be fine. This is something new and unfamiliar for Lyn because this is her first time since she started working almost a year ago. She never thought that the office staffs will be involved physically during the practices. Thankfully for her, all the urgent and important meetings and discussions, she has finished all of them earlier. So she doesn’t really have anything that needs her attention at the moment. Except for any unexpected emergency cases but she hopes that they won’t get any at this busy atmosphere environment. She doesn’t want to add up more tension to the group. That’s why when she was told about the regulations about the concert preparation; she tried her hardest to finish everything in her hands.

 

 

Since Lyn never had the chance to attend any of EXO’s previous concerts, she is more likely excited to see all the preparation made by the whole team. From the lighting team to the audio team, all of them work together. From the coordinators to the stylists, they have been doing the meeting from time to time to make sure EXO looks presentable during their performance. The ones who are in charge with the outfits from A to Z, they work hard to find the best materials that are comfortable and at the same time its flexible and stretchable too as EXO is known for their great choreography. They don’t want to have any issues with the outfits. They most importantly don’t want the outfits cause EXO any discomfort during the performance. As the team have been working with EXO for years now, they basically know what each member likes and dislikes, so it makes their works a lot easier. The backup dancers also work as hard as EXO to get the right rhythm between them. They really have to match with each other so that they won’t collide on stage. Again this time, just like during their previous concerts, they have their own special mics with colour they chose it themselves. All the mics look so beautiful. Just like a rainbow.

 

 

They have been preparing for the concert for the past few weeks. Some of the members normally have to juggle between their individual activities and concert’s preparation. This time is different and it’s a lot tougher since it’s the first time all of them have to go through the same thing. From musicals, drama filming, movie filming, variety shows, photoshoots, modelling, each of them is tied to these activities. They are at their busiest peak right now but they are spirited to work this out. They always have this mind set of finishing what they started and not to just finish it in a so-so form but to finish it looking cool. As expected from people who came from another planet. Hehe. She really likes the way they think. Whenever they feel like doing something, they always think of ways how to make ExoLs proud of them. Sometimes, they even ask Lyn about her opinions since she is an ExoL herself. She always gives honest opinions about it. ExoLs want EXO to be happy as much as EXO wants ExoLs to be happy. So she tells them just to do things they enjoy doing it because ExoLs will always support the positive things they do. There is no exact formula but the key is happiness. As long as they are happy, that’s enough. Happiness is priceless.

 

 

Finally, it’s the first day of the actual rehearsal. They will be doing three days straight rehearsal to get the feeling of how everything is going and to get used of the venue. They want to avoid any unneeded mistakes during the concert. Normally after they do rehearsals in the actual venue, some changes needed to be done to make the concert flawless. The rehearsal is done in Seoul’s Gocheok Sky Dome where the concert will be held for three days this weekend. Last night, everybody stayed in the dorm. They had this usual family meeting with only EXO members. They normally just talk about random stuffs and drink together. They would order take outs over the phone and eat while talking. Kyungsoo cooked for his own foods since he is no longer can eat everything he used to eat with them. And guess what, they ended up eating Kyungsoo’s food and put the remaining take outs in the fridge. The picky eaters like Chanyeol and Sehun, they always enjoy eating home cooked meals by Kyungsoo.

 

 

Lyn is amazed at how Kyungsoo handles his desire to drink alcohol especially when he is sitting around those who drink. He stopped a month before he reverted to make his body get used to it and he easily succeeded that. Since then, he had never thought about alcohol. How did she know it? Seungsoo told her all sorts of stories about how Kyungsoo was preparing himself before reverting. He jokingly told her that she stole one of his drinking buddies. The hardest one was to stop eating pork since he really likes eating meat and pork was his favourites. He tried replacing pork to beef. After doing that for a few weeks, he was surprised at how he enjoyed eating it too. Only then he knew how tasty beef can be. So he was all good and ready to revert after attending religious classes to get to know about it more. He didn’t want to revert just because he wanted to marry Lyn. He was fully aware that it won’t last forever if that was the case. That is why he worked his hardest to understand the basics about the religion. He wanted to be a capable husband to his wife. And he already proved it as they always pray together when they have the time. He believes praying together will strengthen their relation as married couple. He also believes that being reverted doesn’t mean he is not the old him and that he has totally changed. Being reverted doesn’t restrict him from doing what he wants like singing and acting. It’s just that he has another responsibility in life. With his hectic schedules, he makes sure he doesn’t skip any of his 5 daily prayers. He can just perform the prayer anywhere as long as it’s clean and he finds it as a 5-7 minute break from the busyness of his work. Though some of the staffs were surprised at the sudden change, they got used to it after seeing him doing that many times. They find it interesting as it looks so peaceful.

 

 

They start the rehearsal with a quick “We Are One, EXO Saranghaja” chant they shout together. The rehearsal begins. Lyn asks Seungjae and Jeongmin if there is anything that she can help with. Both of them ask her to just watch the rehearsal. Nothing much to do really as all their works is done. After being convinced that it’s totally fine for her to go and watch, she leaves them. They are going to join Lyn later after they finish their coffee. A day without anything to do is normal but it’s hard to get one. Today happens to be that day for Lyn. She goes out to see how the rehearsal progresses. Everybody is sweaty. It’s already one hour into the rehearsal. They got a short break. Some are sitting and some are gulping over the water. It must be tiring. Baekhyun calls Lyn over when he sees her at the back. Everybody is surprised because he suddenly shouts her name. “How’s our performance noona? Don’t we look cool?” He asks anticipating for an answer. Chen, Sehun and Chanyeol come closer waiting for the answer too. “I am sorry Baekhyun aa. I just came. I was at the back. I didn’t get to see any of the performance.” Lyn answers it. She helped one of the preparation team with their paper works earlier.

 

 

“Oh, are you busy noona?” Sehun asks her wiping his sweats with a white towel on his shoulders. “No. I actually have nothing to do right now. I just helped another team out earlier. I am here to watch the rehearsal.” Lyn answers him with a smile. “Awesome! You came right when we are given a 10 minute break. We are going to continue the rehearsal in a few minutes.” Chen tells her. “So you guys are normally given some breaks between the rehearsals?” She asks. She accepts a nod from all four of them as an answer. “Usually the first day is the hardest as we are not used to it yet. But when it’s already the second and third day of rehearsal, we will be okay to rehearse without many breaks in between.” Chanyeol explains to her. “You guys are amazing. I mean I’ve watched th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter