Forty Third Episode

The Unwanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I didn’t know that my little sister is suffering here. It is hard for me to digest everything. It is difficult for me to believe this. You guys promised us!” Adam responds after a long explanation made by Mr Do, his wife and Seungsoo. They expect this response and they totally understand. Mr Eusoff and Mrs Aisyaa look at their eldest son. They know how much he loves his youngest sister. So they understand why he is reacting this way. They just let him be. He needs to express himself so that he won’t keep anything inside. “I know. We failed to protect your sister. I regret it. I regret that I didn’t try harder to stop my parents from falling into that trap but both Kyungsoo and I were worried about Lyn’s safety. That was why Kyungsoo asked me to wait until the delivery of the baby. We were protecting Lyn that way. We didn’t know that she was suffering a terminal illness. We had no idea. I am so sorry. I know you are really disappointed in us. But trust me, I sincerely love Lyn and I truly care for her. She is like my own sister. I didn’t want this to happen to her. Honestly we tried our hardest to protect her from So Ra but I guess it was not good enough. I am really sorry.” Seungsoo says to Adam. He understands the feeling he is having right now. Both of them are brother figures for Lyn. Their protective side is similar though Seungsoo is not Lyn’s blood related brother but knowing her for more than a year, she is the perfect sister that he didn’t get to have before. His love and care for Lyn are sincerely come from the brother in him. He is also heart broken to learn the truth. He never wants something bad to happen to Lyn.

 

 

Adam takes his time to think. He stays quiet for a while thinking. This is how all of them are brought up. Think wisely before every actions are taken if we don’t want to regret it later. He is angry. He is mad. But he knows everyone has their own reasons for everything that they have done before. He shouldn’t put the whole blame on them. It is also his fault for not asking his sister more thoroughly when he called her asking for her life’s updates. He then looks at Seungsoo who is sitting next to him. He takes his time looking at both of Kyungsoo’s parents who are sitting in front of him next to his parents. They all look so down. They all look so worried of his little sister. He knows that everyone cares about Lyn just like he does. “I am so sorry for being so angry. I shouldn’t act this way. I know you guys don’t want this to happen too. I just can’t help it. I am truly disappointed but I know you have tried all ways to protect her. The most important thing right now is Lyn is fine. She is not suffering that terminal illness anymore. We have to keep praying for her to wake up soon. She needs our supports. She will definitely glad to see both family united in this situation. Thanks bro for doing a good job trying your hardest protecting my little sister.” He then grabs Seungsoo’s hand and holds it tight for a few seconds. “You don’t have to thank me, bro. She is my little sister too.” They both laugh. Mr Eusoff and his wife are smiling looking at their son. They nod to him. They know they have given all of their kids enough education to think wisely. They are so proud of how he is handling this matter. The Do couple are amazed at how Lyn’s family facing the problem very well. They really have that strong bond as family. They are lucky to have a connection with this family through the marriage between Kyungsoo and Lyn.

 

 

Kyungsoo is in his apartment that he left few months ago. It looks unfamiliar. It looks as if it is not his. He looks around. There is no trace of Lyn like how it used to be. He goes to the kitchen. Everything is back to like how it looked like before. Clean and empty. He leaves the kitchen and moves to Lyn’s bedroom and as he expected, it does look like before she moved in. Pengui is still there on the bed. He goes to the dressing room. The closet is left with clothes that he bought her and a beautiful white wedding gown can be seen. He closes it and goes to the cinema room. The bookshelf is almost empty. Only few books are left. He takes one of them and opens the first page. His signature is there. It is just an indication that the book is bought for her by him. He enters the mini office area. Lyn’s side is clean. There is not even a file on the table. All the post-it stickers are all gone. There is only her calender left. He lifts it and he starts to cry seeing today is marked as ‘goodbye’ by her. It is true. She planned to leave via today’s first flight but God’s plan is more powerful than hers. She is still here. He then goes out of that area and moves to the living room. He is surprised to see an envelope on the coffee table. He carefully takes a seat on the sofa and opens it. He is surprised to see a ‘divorce form’ inside. There is a debit card and a list of details of the account he opened for her. He looks at the amount. He cries again. She basically paid every single cents of the money he banked in for her since the very first month they got married and he knows why she did that. “OMG! What a mean husband I am. I tortured her beautiful heart.” He starts sobbing looking at the wedding ring she left. “She is really hurt by my stupid action. I am such a terrible husband. Oh God, please forgive me.” He says to himself.

 

 

Suddenly Kyungsoo remembers something. He takes the pink pen drive out of his pocket. He runs to the TV and plug it in. He sits back on the sofa. He can see a video thumbnail on the folder. He doesn’t wait longer. He clicks on it. It’s his wife, Lyn. She looks beautiful in the wedding dress he saw earlier. She sits beautifully exactly where he is sitting right now. She wears a beautiful off white shawl to match the dress with a very light make up on. She looks like an angel to him. He smiles looking at his pretty wife on the big screen. It is obvious that she looks pale but it doesn’t affect her beauty at all. He focuses on her when she starts talking. “Annyeonghaseyo Kyungsoo ssi. It’s Lyn, the unwanted wife, your unwanted wife.” She pauses. “She calls herself the unwanted wife? OMG! What have I done?” Kyungsoo wipes his tears. “When you’re watching this video, I believe I am already gone. Gone to somewhere I belong which is definitely not here. I am sorry to leave this way but this is the best option that I had. I believe you don’t mind because you don’t need me anymore or should I say you never needed me. I just didn’t realize that. I am sorry for staying this long. I am sorry it took me a while to leave. Without me knowing, I am the one who ruined your route to the eternal happiness. I really am sorry. If you can see, I left you an envelope on the coffee table. Inside it, I prepared a divorce form. I know you told me that you would never let me go. You would never let me live happily with my own choice. But just in case, you suddenly change your mind, I have filled everything up; you just need to leave your signature there. I know you don’t have that much time to waste on me.” Once she said that, Kyungsoo puts the video on pause and checks the form and it is true, she already completed it. He then continues.

 

 

“Kyungsoo ssi, can you see the debit card? Yeah, it is the card you gave me the first time I came to Korea. It is the same bank account you opened for me where you banked in an amount of money for me to use monthly. If you check the total amount, you can see the complete figure. Yes, I paid everything back. Not that I didn’t use it before but when you told me that you regret wasting your money on me about a week ago, I felt like I needed to pay it back. As a wife, I felt like I had no rights to use it. The money that you gave me was supposed to be written as your good deeds to me but when you said that you regretted it, I don’t think the good deeds are still there. It will be erased by now so you will lose everything. Giving the money back is just the right thing to do. So you won’t lose anything. Plus I don’t deserve that money; I didn’t do my responsibility as your wife fully. As an unwanted wife, I am glad that I could give the money back to you before I leave. Now you can use the money well on someone you really care, someone that is meaningful and important in your life. And I am very sure that the person is definitely not me. Anyways, thanks for giving me the opportunity to know how it feels to be given spending money by my own husband. I felt appreciated though it was not real; I still want to thank you. It is the real experience that I could have by being the wife. Thanks for borrowing me those moments of your life to be your wife.” She stops for a while. She looks for something on the coffee table. She grabs it. It’s the wedding ring.

 

 

Lyn holds the ring and looks at it with a smile. “Do you remember the time when you wore this ring for me on our wedding day? I was in denial when I saw you that very second. I thought I was dreaming but who knows that the dream continues up until now? I know you know the whole story about my past. My sister, Sophea, she told me that you accepted me for who I really was. She convinced me that you were not like those guys who would use me for their own self centered intention. She told me that you were different. She told me that my whole family believed in you and they trusted you totally. I was actually surprised when she told me that because I know how protective they are on me. Convincing them is not an easy task. I was amazed by whoever you were at that time. That is why the second you put the ring on me, I promised myself to work my hardest to be the best wife for you. I believed my family made the right choice that time. But it didn’t even last me a day. That night when you told me everything, I was confused. I was like is this the same person that my sister was talking about. But since the marriage was already done, I decided to just go with the flow. Hurting emotionally was not something new to me so I said to myself, as long as he didn’t hurt me physically, I would stay and I did. I realized how you changed. I thought finally you opened your heart to this marriage but I guess I was wrong. The day you took the gifted ring of my finger, it was like a slap on my face waking me up that you would never change. The feeling was fake. It was not true. I read you wrongly. I am not sure if you remember or not. For the first time in our marriage, you hurt me physically that day. The scar is still there.” She touches her left ring finger where Kyungsoo once put the couple ring on their wedding anniversary. “Everytime I saw this scar, it would remind me of who I really am in your life. I realize that I never know why you married me. I never ask. I never know why you came to see my family and asked for my hand for a marriage. I don’t know why you worked so hard to marry this girl. I don’t know the reason and it is already passed the first year of our marriage. I don’t think I will know the reason soon. It’s not that I don’t have time for you but my time is almost up. I think I need to use it wisely because I don’t think knowing the real reason behind this marriage will change anything.” She says putting the divorce form, the debit card and the ring back into the envelope.

 

 

Lyn looks around. “I am not sure if you realize it or not but I cleaned everything up. I leave it the way I entered this apartment more than a year ago. I don’t want you to hate this place when you see the trace of me. This is your apartment Kyungsoo ssi. You can start a new life here. Don’t waste this beautiful place. Thank you so much for letting me stay here until today. I have packed everything that is mine. So everything that I left behind, you can do whatever you want to them. They are not belonged to me. This dress too, I left it in the closet. Isn’t it pretty? I wanted to show it to you on the prescheduled wedding photoshoot that day but you know what happened. I didn’t cancel it. I did the photoshoot by myself. It was awkward but fun. I am glad I did it. Jeongmin oppa and Seungjae oppa were there too to accompany me. They were cute. They are my guardian angels who would always be there to protect me. Anyways, I am going to leave soon. Tonight is my final night here in your apartment. I will be leaving in two days. I am going to catch the first flight on the second day of the concert. I want to sincerely apologize for every mistakes and wrong doings that I have done while I become your wife. I just want to say that I might not love you but I never cheated on you Kyungsoo ssi. My parents didn’t work hard raising me up for me to be that cheap. I am fine being married to you who obviously have no feelings for me. I have no problems staying loyal to a husband who hates me. I am okay to keep myself protected for a husband who doesn’t even need me. It is because I am taught the value and purity of marriage. As long as I am still your wife, I will never do anything to stain this sacred relationship with any dirt. But Kyungsoo ssi, can you do me a favour? Please stop making this mistake. Being jealous or being triggered is normal but when it is too much, it will affect you badly. You’re lucky because I am a no body but what if one day you find someone that you truly love and you misunderstand again? Ignoring and not allowing her to explain the truth will only become your loss, Kyungsoo ssi. Giving one single chance to explain doesn’t hurt your pride as a man. It is called being fair. It is called being a gentleman. One sided judgement is a crime, Kyungsoo ssi. It is cruel. You can judge after knowing the truth. When I think about it again, I am totally fine with it because you don’t love me but if you did it to someone that yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter