Thirty Sixth Episode

The Unwanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Though Lyn is fighting against the terminal illness she is currently having, it doesn’t stop her from doing her endless work in the office. It has been a month since the last time Kyungsoo came to the apartment which means she only has about 2 months to be here. She mostly finished all the important works already. Seungjae and Jeongmin keep on asking her why she is so in a rush to complete everything. She only says to them that she doesn’t want to postpone the work. While she is free at the moment, she tries her hardest to finish all the projects handled by her. If it is possible, she doesn’t want to leave any burden to those she will pass her work in the future. The time is ticking. She is still waiting for the right time to tell Mr Noh and Jae Rin unnie about her plan to resign from her post. She actually sends them some hints about quitting the job. She has been thinking about the best ending for everyone. She wants to leave quietly. She wants to be with those who love her sincerely. And she can only think about her family. That is why she decides to go back to her family the latest next month. She knows that she will have to leave her husband. She can only hope that he will find his new happiness once she leaves.

 

 

Lyn is kind of nervous today as she is going to her parents in law’s house later this evening. They are going to celebrate their wedding anniversary. She wants to see them before she leaves. Of course she is not invited but with Seungsoo’s help, she is informed about the event today. He knows that Lyn is coming but Kyungsoo doesn’t. She doesn’t want him to know anything about today. She knows that things can get uglier this evening but she has not other options. She tried to see them in the café but she was totally ignored. Even when she went there to see Hyeri, Mrs Do asked her to leave as she didn’t want to see her face. That was when she saw Tae Ra. She was glad to see Hyeri was there to be Tae Ra’s friend. She looked happier working in the DoLin café. She tried to visit them at home but even after hours of waiting outside, they didn’t open the door for her. She gave up after many times of trying. Seungsoo then came with this idea so she agreed to it right away. She leaves the office early today because she wants to bake some apple pies for her in law’s family. She knows that they love her apple pies. Seungjae and Jeongmin know about her plan and they wish her luck. Jae Rin unnie also gives her some supports and wishes her all the best. She tells Lyn to update her about the event later. She is so confident that Lyn is going to be accepted well by the family.

 

 

At 5pm, Lyn is already in front of the apartment building. Seungsoo goes down to get her. He helps her with the apple pies she baked. “Oppa, are you sure everything is going to be fine?” She asks looking so nervos. He nods. “Yes, I don’t think they will treat you bad in front of those people. Don’t be scared. You have me. You’re not alone. You have your brother here.” He convinces her. Lyn smiles at her one and only Korean brother in law. Seungsoo leads the way. “Omeoni, here is some apple pies for you.” He says to his mother. “Oh wow. It looks so yummy. Who brings it?” Mrs Do asks. “Lyn brings it for us.” He tells her. “What?” Her mood suddenly changes. “What are you doing here? I don’t invite you over.” She says at Lyn. “I invite her here omeoni. She is a part of our family. She is supposed to be here with us.” Seungsoo explains to her. Mrs Do grabs the apple pies on Seungsoo’s hands and tries to throw it away when suddenly Yeon Joo unnie takes it away from her. “You don’t want it, right aunt? I want it. Let me keep it. I love apple pies especially the one baked by Lyn.” She says to her aunt. Yeon Joo is Kyungsoo’s and Seungsoo’s cousin. She is close with Lyn. She just doesn’t understand why her aunt is treating Lyn very differently now. Mrs Do pulls Lyn to the kitchen. Mr Do follows behind. “I don’t know what your intention is coming to this party today but I really don’t like seeing you here. So Ra will be stressed out when she sees you later. I don’t want anything to happen to her and her child. So if you really want to be here, stay here in the kitchen. This, wash all this things. Don’t you ever come out from this area. I don’t want you to ruin this party.” Mrs Do says to her pushing her to the sink fulls with dirty dishes. “I don’t know what you do to Kyungsoo but he has been neglecting So Ra and the baby. Poor So ra. You should know your place. I didn’t know what was going on with me that I accepted you in my family. That was the biggest mistake that I made in my life.” Mr Do says to her leaving her alone in that kitchen.

 

 

Lyn wipes her tears and starts washing all the dirty dishes. Once she finishes cleaning, more dirty dishes sent to the kitchen. It is as if it is planned. She doesn’t get to rest even for five minutes as Mrs Do enters the kitchen just to check on her. Seungsoo is heartbroken to see Lyn is treated badly by his parents. He wants to help but Lyn stops him. She says this is the least thing she can do for the family. Washing the dishes is not that hard. Yeon Joo enters the kitchen to see what is going on. She stands next to Lyn who is busy cleaning the kitchen. “Lyn, what is going on? Who is Ahn So Ra? What is she doing here? And why do aunt and uncle treat her nicely? And you are treated like you’re no one in this family. I don’t understand.” She says to her. “Unnie, I don’t know what to say but there are some misunderstandings somewhere. Everything will be fine. Don’t think too much.” Lyn answers looking at her. Yeon Joo is surprised to see blood coming from Lyn’s nose. “Lyn, you’re bleeding. Are you okay? Seungsoo are you there?” She calls Seungsoo who is standing close to them. “Lyn, what is wrong with you? Are you sick?” He starts to panic. Lyn smiles. “No, this is normal. I am just not that well today. It must be because of that. Plus it is hot here in the kitchen. I will be fine once I take some rests.” She tries to calm them down. She doesn’t want to make any scene. “Go rest in Kyungsoo’s bedroom. Just let me know if you need to go to the clinic.” Seungsoo says to her. “But what if omeonim finds out? She won’t like it if she knows that I am inside the bedroom.” She asks him. “Lyn, for now, don’t worry about aunt. You need to rest. You look so pale. You should see yourself in the mirror.” Yeon Joo says to her. Lyn finally gives up. She goes to the bedroom quietly. She doesn’t want anybody to realise.

 

 

Entering the room, it makes Lyn misses her husband more. Many sweet memories happened here in this bedroom. Everything still looks the same. Nothing has changed. Lyn gets her medicine from her handbag. She sits on the bed after eating the pills. She gets her phone and starts making a call to Jae Rin asking her to fetch her up at Kyungsoo’s parents’ home. She asks why but Lyn doesn’t say anything. She falls asleep while waiting for Jae Rin to give her a call. She wakes up to loud knocks on the door. She rushes to the door and opens it. “What are you doing in my son’s bedroom?” Mrs Do asks. Ahn So Ra is standing next to her. “I am so sorry Mrs Do. I was just resting. I am not well.” She answers. “Who gives you permission to stay in this room? Go out now. So Ra wants to rest here. She is not feeling well.” Mrs Do pulls Lyn out of the room. “I am sorry. Let me get my things.” She enters the room and grabs her handbag. Ahn So Ra wants to enter the room but stops by Seungsoo. He literally closes and locks the room right in front of Ahn So Ra’s face. “What are you doing Seungsoo ya?” Mr Do asks his son. “I am protecting my brother’s bedroom. He hates having a stranger in his bedroom as this is his private property.” He calmly answers. “But Ahn So Ra is not a stranger.” He replies. “To you both, she might not be a stranger but to me, she is a stranger. Why don’t you ask her to rest in your bedroom instead?” Seungsoo replies. Out of sudden, Mrs Do slaps Lyn on her face. “What are you doing omeoni?” Seungsoo asks his mother. Lyn is holding onto her face. She starts to feel dizzy. It is really painful. ‘Oh God, please lend me some strength. I don’t want to faint here.’ She says inside her heart. She takes a deep breath trying to stay conscious. “Because of this girl, you are being rude to your parents. This girl is a no body. Why are you protecting her so much?” Mrs Do asks her son. All the guests are looking at the drama. “Omeoni, this girl is my one and only sister in law. She has no one here. That is why I am protecting her. This girl that you promised her parents that you will love and care for her like your own daughter, now you hit her like she has no feelings. She only did one mistake and you treat her like an animal. Have you forgotten how she treats both of you like her own parents when both me and Kyungsoo were not around because we were busy with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter