Twenty Sixth Episode

The Unwanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

All of the team are currently on the flight from Korea to Ottawa, Canada that will take about fourteen hours to arrive. The long flight gives Lyn the time to settle down and think about what happened before they left. The sudden change between her close relationships with her in law’s family has become not more than a stranger now. Seungsoo gave her a call before she boarded for the flight; she only managed to tell him that she was on her business trip to Canada. He asked her to give him a call once she comes back from there. She doesn’t know what is going on. Maybe he wants a further explanation about what happened. Lyn is closer with Seungsoo than her own husband. She normally shares what she is feeling with him because he always makes sure that she is comfortable talking to him. Though she never shares about what is going on with their marriage, she is comfortable enough to talk about her work and simple life issues with her brother in law just because he listens well and gives good advices. Lyn is also aware that Seungsoo actually has someone he is seeing at the moment; he is just waiting for the right time to introduce her to the family. She is one beautiful lady; he already showed her the picture. Lyn is very supportive of their relationships, she has always been encouraging him to bring her to the Do’s family’s home and have a dinner together so that his girlfriend can get to know with the family better. He normally shares his personal things with Kyungsoo but since he has been so busy with his celebrity life, Lyn has replaced his place. As a little sister, Lyn is very understanding. That is why; he is in denial after knowing about the ‘truth’ claimed by his parents. He doesn’t want to pick a side before asking Lyn what is actually going on. He will be waiting for his sister in law to come back from her business trip and sit with her talking about this issue. He knows something is not right. It is what he calls as ‘brother’s instinct.’ He knows there is something else happening between Kyungsoo and Lyn that he is not aware of. All this while, he believes that Kyungsoo is living a happy life with his wife. His eyes tell him everything but why this issue arises now. He needs to find the answer.

 

 

Lyn is sitting next to Jae Ran in the flight. She is also sitting next to Mr Noh. She is basically sitting in the middle of these two. Both of them have demanded her to tell them what is going on. Mr Noh tried to ask Seungjae and Jeongmin but they refused to tell him the truth. They told him to ask Lyn about it himself. So he had no other options but to ask the question to her. He knows that he should give her the space to calm herself down first but seeing how she looks blankly to the empty screen in front of her for the past 30 minutes, he needs to distract her mind for a while. He sends a signal to Jae Ran to start a conversation with Lyn but she looks like she doesn’t want to disturb her at that moment. Lyn is aware how both Mr Noh and Jae Ran unnie have been looking for the right time to ask her for the explanation. Since the airplane left Korea about an hour ago, she has been thinking about the best way for her to make them understand. She thinks it is better to let them know now so that they won’t ask again in the future. She needs to focus on her work right now. She then looks at her right, to Mr Noh and then she looks at Jae Ran unnie who is sitting in the left; she tells them every single thing that happened at the Do’s family home before she came to the airport. Both of them drop their jaws for being too surprised. They could never imagine Kyungsoo’s parents to treat her that bad as she has been treated like their own daughter from the start. When Lyn tells them that she was actually slapped by Mrs Do, Jae Ran starts to cry. It hurts to know that her little sister is being mistreated because of a misunderstanding. She is so sure that Kyungsoo loves Lyn but why didn’t he do anything about that? Did she see is wrongly? Even Mr Noh feels the same way too. He thought that Kyungsoo has ended his relationship with Ahn So Ra because it has been a long time since he saw her with him. He must be missing something about it. How can she get pregnant when she spent most of her time outside Korea for the past few months? Did Kyungsoo go and meet her behind his back? There are so many questions but unfortunately none of them has the answers.

 

 

“Are you okay, Lyn?” Mr Noh asks her after a long silence. Lyn nods and smiles at him before sharing her answer with them. “Yeah, I am okay. Don’t worry about me. I am all aware that sooner or later, this will happen. It’s my fault that I was not getting myself ready for it. I forgot about the coming separation as I spent more meaningful days with his family. I forgot that they are not mine from the very first place. Kyungsoo ssi told me about his relationship with her on my wedding night. Though he didn’t say anything about a divorce, I knew that when he told me everything, he wanted to tell me that I should not have a high hope on this marriage because he will divorce me when he manages to convince the family to accept Ahn So Ra ssi as his loved one. I didn’t have any hopes on this marriage because I am aware that Kyungsoo doesn’t love me. And I don’t love him too. I am so sure about that. He asked me to promise him not to fall in love with him and I have been keeping that promise well for more than a year now. I don’t have any problems to leave now but I am just hurt and disappointed that I have to leave with the whole family hating me so much. I am sad because of that. But when I saw how worried his parents were when Ahn So Ra had a headache earlier, I felt like this sacrifice is needed. I just hope that one day, they will be willing to forgive and forget all about me.” Lyn says to them. Mr Noh wipes his fallen tears. He just can’t bear to see Lyn being used by Kyungsoo and she has to pay for everything in the end of the day because as far as he knows, Lyn has always been treating that family well. She is not Korean but she learns all the culture and lives as a Korean daughter in law. She is working hard as the only daughter in law in the family as much as she is working hard in the company. She never pretends to be nice just to make people to like her; she is just naturally nice that people love to be with her.

 

 

“What are you going to do after this, Lyn?” Jae Ran asks her if she already has any plans for the future. “Actually unnie, I don’t have any plans yet but I will just go with the flow. I think I will quit this job when it is already time for Kyungsoo to divorce me. I believe the family won’t let him keep me any longer. He has to marry his pregnant girlfriend. That baby needs a father. Both Ahn So Ra ssi and the baby need him. I’ll go back to where I am supposed to be. To where I belong, to my family who has been waiting for me. But don’t worry; I won’t leave this project just like that. I will finish what I have started. I think CBX will be my final task in SM.” She is giving them a hint that she will leave after the project is complete and that she won’t be taking any jobs after this. There is another 30% to complete and it won’t take that long. “I understand Lyn. I won’t ask you to stay because I don’t want you to be hurt anymore. This is more than enough. I will make sure Kyungsoo will pay for it.” Mr Noh says to her. “Mr Noh, please don’t do that. It’s not his fault. Being in love is not a crime. He is just desperate. That is why this happened. He is just like others who need to love and be loved. His way is definitely wrong but I don’t think he has the intention to involve me this far.” Lyn tries to explain. “Lyn, please stop defending him. He doesn’t deserve any helps from you. Just wait and see. He will regret it one day. That day will come sooner than we think.” Jae Ran says to her. Honestly Lyn doesn’t want Kyungsoo to receive any bad treatment from his own people just because they want to protect her, the girl that they barely met a year ago. She seriously doesn’t know what to do.

 

 

Lyn looks at Jae Ran. “Unnie, if you’re in my shoes right now, what are you going to do?” She asks for her advice. Jae Ran sighs. She looks at Lyn who is waiting for her answer. “Lyn, I want to share with you a story about my past. First of all, I want to ask you one question. Do you know why I am still single though I am going to be 39 years old next year?” She asks Lyn. Lyn nods. “Yeah, you’re still single because you haven’t met your true love and you’re still waiting for the right person to get married to. You told me about that before.” She answers. Jae Ran nods as the answer is correct and shakes her head few seconds later. “Why do you shake your head unnie? Did I answer it wrongly?” Lyn asks. “No, you answer is correctly. It’s just that I didn’t tell you the whole story. Was it 10 year

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter