Seventy Second Episode

The Unwanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Lyn is smiling still looking at the eager husband. Kyungsoo is keeping his eyes on his wife who seems to be cheekier since she got pregnant. “I will let you know later.” She says to him. “Sweetheart? What are you trying to do to me?” He asks her because he can’t wait to know what she was about to say to him. “I am trying to teach you how to be patient, oppa. Hehe. No, I am kidding. Please wait for a while Nampyeon nim. Something caught my attention earlier. What is that big bag in the corner? It looks so unusual. Please let me ask you that first because I am afraid I might forget to ask you that question later. So could you please answer this query first my sweet loving husband?” She asks him blinking her eyes a few times. It is her weapon to weaken her husband. She is all aware that Kyungsoo can’t handle her aegyo because she doesn’t do it all the time. She only does it when she feels like it or when she needs something from him. It is one of her effective secret weapons. He looks at where his wife is pointing at. He slightly hits his forehead when he remembers something. “Thank you for asking me that question sweetheart. I totally forgot about it.” He says to her while walking towards the big shopping bag. He brings it close to her on the bed. “This is actually from the Director Kim and Writer Lee. It is the hanbok you wore on the wedding scene and poison scene in the movie. They made a new one for you and it looks exactly the same. They want you to have it as a memorable gift from the team. Plus it is your birthday today so they thought it is a perfect gift for you.” Kyungsoo lets her know. It is hard for her to believe it. It is really such a very meaningful gift for her. “Are you being really serious?” She asks him to make sure. “Yes, sweetheart. I am serious right now.” He replies.

 

 

“Do you want to see the hanbok? Do you want to open the gift?” Kyungsoo asks Lyn. She nods. “But let’s open it there?” She is pointing at the mini seating area in the room. She moves to get down from the bed. He makes sure that she is strong enough to stand on her feet. “Are you okay? Do you want me to carry you there?” He asks being worried. She shakes her head. “No, I am fine. I just need your hand for extra help. I am okay walking on my feet. After having that well rest, I feel much better now.” She informs him so he won’t be too worried about the whole situation. “Okay then. Hold onto me tight.” He says holding her waist supporting her to walk. It is only few steps away from the bed but he is worried as if she needs to walk a mile away. She just smiles looking at the worried husband. Just like before, he can never stop himself from being too worried about his wife. And she really appreciates that but seeing this side of him makes her feel uncomfortable at times because she is really fine. He won’t even trust her. It is just his husband side of being very protective over his beloved one. When they arrive at the seating area, Kyungsoo asks her to sit on the sofa. He then places the big bag in front of her on the coffee table. She carefully opens it and when she sees the hanbok so many things come to her mind. The scenes where she was wearing this hanbok come to her mind one by one. And also the emotion and feeling she was having at those moments enter her body once again. She can’t help it but to cry. She is sniffing. He looks at her with his worried eyes. She immediately tells him that it is nothing. It reminds her of Jinju. “It feels like a dream that we just finished filming the entire movie. Four whole months pass just like that. It feels surreal.” She says touching the hanbok. She is smiling.

 

 

“I know right sweetheart, the months we spent on the filming sets are all gone now. We are now waiting for the complete movie to be shown to public.” Kyungsoo says sitting next to his wife. “By the way, when did they come? When I was still sleeping?” Lyn asks her husband. She is now looking at him who is sitting by her side. “Yeah, they came when you were just tranfered here from the emergency theatre. They were worried about you but after knowing that you are pregnant, they were so happy for us. But at the same time, they were sorry and thankful because both of you and the baby are fine now. I believe they know the best what you have done for the movie. They sent you their regards. They had to leave because the other casts were waiting for them for the wrapped up party. They wanted to come and visit but I told them that you are fine. They asked me to take a good care of yourself and the baby.” He shares what happened when she was still unconscious earlier. “That is so sweet of them. I am going to cherish this gift and keep it nicely. This is so precious and thoughtful.” She says putting it back in its box. “So darl, are you ready now for my favour?” She says facing her husband. He looks kind of nervous but still he nods. “I am ready. What do you want me to do now sweetheart?” He asks her holding both of her hands. “I am waiting.” He says again as Lyn has not said anything. She is just smiling looking at the soon to be father of her child.

 

 

“You know how I am carrying our little one right now, right?” Lyn starts the conversation that she made Kyungsoo wait for it. He nods as it is so obvious. “I want to focus on only pregnancy and taking a good care of this little one in me.” She says looking at him. “Are you trying to say that you want to quit your job and just stay at home until you deliver the baby?” He randomly guesses because he feels like the conversation is leading that way. He will be the happiest if she is really going to say that. But seeing how she is shaking her head, he realizes that he is wrong. “I am not talking about that. I think I still need to have some time to decide what is best for me. I will let you know about it soon.” She says to him. He nods. He won’t force her to do things that she doesn’t like. “So what are you trying to say sweetheart?” He asks her as he can’t wait longer to find out. “I want you to name the baby. When you have decided on the name, do not ever let anyone know, not even me. I want you to surprise me with the chosen name. This is your mission. Do you think you can nail it?” She finally shares what she is thinking about. He looks surprised to what she asked him to do. He doesn’t expect that. “Are you sure about this? But what if you don’t like the name that I choose? Plus this is our very first baby.” He asks her. She is just smiling. “You love me, right? And you love this baby. I believe you will choose a beautiful and meaningful name for the baby especially when this is going to be our first born. I know you will make sure I like the name too. Be confident. I am very sure your taste on things is great. I trust you in this. Surprise me with the baby’s name. Once the baby is born, you will introduce this little one with that special name. You can do that, right?” She asks for his answer. He slowly nods. “This is such a big mission for me but I am going to do my best to surprise you. I will name our baby. Thanks sweetheart. This is such a great honor for me as the daddy. I love you so much.” He says pulling her into a hug. “I love you too darl.” She replies. Actually she has her own reasons of why she wants him to pick the name for the baby. She needs to confirm something. Five more months to go and we will know the answer.

 

 

The news of Lyn’s pregnancy spread among ExoLs after Kyungsoo made an official statement on their website. They are all so happy about it. They are so excited to finally see the mini Kyungsoo, a mini EXO. They have been waiting for the news since their marriage is announced to public last year. Lyn is thankful to get so many blessings from everyone. It is something so meaningful for her. Being surrounded by those who sincerely cherish her in this foreign country does help filling the empty spot left by her family back at home. Kyungsoo has been busy renovating the room that once used by Lyn and he is now modifying it to be a nursery. Since they don’t know yet if they are having a boy or a girl, the theme that he and his wife come to agree is white. Lyn is now six month pregnant, they have done some ultrasounds but still the gender can’t be seen. So they just decide to let the baby surprise them upon its arrival in three more months. As for today, Lyn is still actively involved in EXO management team. She is still working like she normally does. She feels like being active will definitely help her with the delivery process. So far she has been taking a good care of herself, Kyungsoo is always there beside her so everything is going very smoothly. “Kyungsoo ssi, take a break for a while. I made some seafood fritters and hot peach tea for you.” She says to him by the door. He decides to make the renovation himself. He knows that it is such a very big project. That is why he has been consistently working on it when he has free time. So far, Lyn really likes what she is looking at. He seriously has a very talented pair of hands.

 

 

“Okay sweetheart, I’ll be out in a minute.” Kyungsoo replies to his wife. She shakes her head. “Nope, right now. Leave it. You can continue doing it later.” She insists because she knows that he won’t leave the scene unless she drags him out. He smiles because he knows that his wife knows him too well. He goes to where Lyn is waiting for him in front of the unfinished room. She helps him wiping his sweat. “You work too hard Kyungsoo ssi.” She says looking at the tired husband. “No, I am not sweetheart. I am good. This is fun for me. I am doing this for our baby.” He says touching her full stomach. The baby is reacting to its daddy’s touch. He is all smiling. “Baby, this is for you. I really hope that you will like it. Mommy and daddy can’t wait to see you little one.” He says kissing her tummy. Lyn pats his sweaty hair. She is sure that he is going to be a wonderful daddy to their kids. “You’re not kissing mommy?” She says to him fully joking. He immediately stands in front of her and puts his hand at the back of her neck before pulling her into a warm kiss. “There you go. I love you sweetheart.” He says looking at her lovingly. “Do you know that you look more beautiful now that you are pregnant? I feel like I should not let you go out to work now. I am so jealous when people especially men looking at you. I don’t like that.” He says sharing what he has been thinking since her got pregnant. Lyn is surprised by his comment. “Aigoo, darl, I think it is just your feeling. How can a pregnant woman attract others’ attention?” She says to him. “Well, you do.” He insists. “Maybe they are just curious to see how I progress. Everyone is eager to see this mini Kyungsoo. That is why they are paying more attention on me.” She tries to present whatever logic reasons to her jealous husband. This jealousy is very unneeded. He nods. “Yeah, maybe I am just overthinking of stuffs. Plus you are mine and only mine.” He says wrapping his hands around her waist. “That is true.” She says planting a kiss on his lips. He smiles. It always works. A kiss is her magical weapon. It works excellently every time.

 

 

Just three weeks before the expected delivery day of the baby, Kyungsoo manages to complete the nursery. He is so proud of himself for being able to prepare the whole room for the new addition of his small family. It has always been his dream to build a room for his own kids. And here he is today, inside the nursery he put his effort in from the scratch until it is this beautiful. Everything looks so white and pure. It really suits the baby either it is going to be a boy or a girl. Since a month ago, he has stopped Lyn from entering this room. He has it locked the whole time especially when he is not around. He really wants to surprise his wife. And Lyn has been giving a good cooperation. She never asks about the progress of the room. All the clothes and preparation for the baby is made mostly by Kyungsoo. He just wants his wife to focus on her pregnancy. She has been attending few parenting classes so she can equip herself with new knowledge. Something that she can’t find from books or online, she finds all the classes are very helpful. Kyungsoo never misses a class. He joins it too because he believes successful parenting and educating the kids come from the teamwork of the parents. He is surprised to see so many classes available on parenting. It is left for them to choose from the options. Normally he would ask Lyn for her opinion like which one she is interested in joining. She makes the decision and he will manage the registration and payment. He doesn’t want Lyn to worry about anything. He wants her to enjoy her pregnancy journey. One cute thing she has been doing since the day she found out that she was going to be a mommy, she has been making a scrapbook or something called baby diary for their soon to be born baby. She makes sure to take note of every progress she and the baby make every single day. She wants to keep it as their memory and for the baby to see one day when he/she is old enough to read and to understand. Her love for writing is unstoppable. He finds it very interesting that she will always find time to write and record things that are happening around her.

 

 

Even at this very moment, Lyn is in their bedroom while Kyungsoo is doing the final touch up for the nursery. She is pasting few more pictures of the baby that they got from their visit to the hospital yesterday. Since this is her first pregnancy, the doctor told her that though the due date is three weeks away, she has to be ready because it might be earlier than expected. She is aware of that and because of that, she has prepared hospital bag for mommy and daddy, and also another separate bag for the baby. She asks Kyungsoo to put it near the entrance so they won’t forget it when it is already time for her to deliver the baby. She is excited and nervous at the same time. But she is mostly thankful for being given a good health and energy while carrying this baby. She looks at the black and white picture she just pasted. She is looking at it closer to see if the baby looks like her or her husband. Looking at the lips, it is obvious that the baby is Kyungsoo’s. The baby is fully grown now. They only need to wait for the baby to be ready to join them in this world. She touches the picture while rubbing her tummy. The baby is kicking. “Little one, do you want to surprise mommy and daddy that much that you are hiding your gender from all of us? That is so adorable of you. I hope you will be happy to have mommy and daddy as your parents. We love you.” She says to her stomach and the baby is moving again as if he/she is responding to her words. The truth is up until today, no one knows the gender of this baby, not even the doctor. She finds it very interesting.

 

 

“Sweetheart? What are you doing?” Kyungsoo enters their bedroom approaching Lyn who is resting on the bed. He plants a kiss on her lips before joining her there. She is smiling at him. She shows him the scrapbook she is working on. It is almost complete now. “Don’t you think the baby looks just like me?” He says pointing at the picture she is looking at right now. She nods. “The lips are so you. Look at this, isn’t it cute?” She says to him. He smiles.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter