Fifty Sixth Episode

The Unwanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“What was the other question? Manager? Okay, actually I never sent any application to work as a manager. At that time, I already started my doctorate degree so I was busy doing my research and everything. I didn’t have any plans to get a job at that time. But one day, I got an email from SM offering me that post. At that time, I thought it was just a scam so I ignored it. It was like few weeks before the wedding. But when I was actually married to Kyungsoo ssi, everything made sense. He knew about it and that was why I was offered to work with SM. They didn’t mention that I was going to work with EXO in particular. The post was open for any team’s manager. I only knew that I was going to work with EXO, the first day I came to the office. The reason why I accepted the offer was because I had to move to Korea so I thought why not I give it a try. It is a very rare experience that I could not get anywhere else. So as EXO’s manager who is also working as translator and interpretor, I am responsible of meetings especially with the non Korean speaker clients. When they come to Korea, we will have meetings in SM or when they can’t make it, we just do some video conference meetings. I am given the voice to do some short listing of the offers given to EXO especially their endorsements. We also do manage their schedules. It is like if there is more than one engagement in a day, we have to use our skills to fit everything perfectly which happen all the time. Working with flight tickets, passports, international visa and all things related are almost the basic you need to have as managers. And when I am needed at other departments, then I will join them. So I am here and there working. I think among EXO, I worked more with CBX especially when they first made their debut internationally. And I was assigned to work with Kyungsoo ssi for a few times when he was having his personal activities to replace the manager who normally works with him. Other than that, I am not specifically working with any of the members. I generally work for the whole team. Basically, a manager needs to be with the team but I have an exception because I work more with the representatives from outside Korea who are interested to work with EXO. Most of the time of the daily basis I spend it in my office. My work is actually very flexible. Like I don’t really have to stay in my office to do my work, I can always do my work in the room where they are practising or sometimes I would go to the venue where they are having their schedules and do my work there. Being a manager is all about travelling here and there I think. That is what I do. Are you guys interested?” Lyn finishes explaining her work to the audience with a question. Half of the audience say yes and others shake their heads. It is so cute.

 

 

“Okay, next question will be chosen by Suho ssi.” MC Yoo says to Suho. “It’s my number J01. Where are you?” Suho says to the audience. “I am here. I am Min Hyeon Joo. I am Baekhyun’s fan. I remember Kyungsoo ssi mentioned before that Lyn ssi had no idea that he loves her and that she doesn’t love him yet. What actually happened? If it is possible for you guys to share it here. And how does Lyn ssi talk with her husband as he is younger and how does Kyungsoo ssi call his wife? Thanks.” She says. “Wow. My fan asks such a very serious question.” Baekhyun says looking at his fan. She looks shy after that. Kyungsoo takes the lead to answer the question. “I think I have to answer this question first because I started this thing. On our wedding night or should I say, our very first night together, normally newly married couple would spend it wonderfully but it was different with us. I made her promise me few things and one of the promises was I asked her not to fall in love with me.” People are responding in disbelief. “I know it is kind of ridiculous. I felt the same way too but I did it because I wanted to protect her. Though I have loved her at that time, I felt like she had to fall in love with me at the right time so she won’t get hurt. Something happened but I am not going to share it here. So please stop blaming my wife for not loving me because I was the one who requested her to do so. I forgot about that promise and I was only reminded about it two weeks ago when Lyn mentioned it. She asked me if she could really fall in love with me now. I was really surprised. She told me that she has been keeping the promises ever since. So I asked her to forget everything and she is now opening her heart for me. She actually has no idea what love is. So she is learning it from the very basic. I hope it answers the question. And for the other question, I call my wife with so many names. But the most frequently used ones are sweetheart, love and sayang. Sayang is love or sweetheart in Malay. I got to learn my wife’s language too. And I speak banmal (casual) with her from the very beginning of this marriage. I am acting like an oppa with her. I never called her noona before because I know I will never treat her like a sister. She is my love.” Kyungsoo says grabbing her hand. ‘Awwwww’ the fans are smiling looking at them. “I knew right then that she will be my wife.” He says looking at Lyn. “Sayang, it is your turn to answer now.” He passes the baton.

 

 

Lyn takes her turn to answer the question. “Actually from the very beginning, I have always spoken jondetmal (formal) with Kyungsoo ssi. I never treated him like a younger one. Though he actually said on our first night that he wanted me to treat him like an oppa, I have decided to treat him like one before he even mentioned it. I really want him to feel respected as a husband. I never really feel like he is younger than me when we are together. He doesn’t give me that vibe. It is not that he gives this really old vibe but I just feel like he really treats me like my older brothers so it really eases my decision. I don’t have any nicknames for him yet. I just call him Kyungsoo ssi or Nampyeon nim or sometimes Mr Husband. Maybe one day it will change to something more suitable. I will discuss this with him.” She answers the question. “How is the progress of the opening heart for Kyungsoo ssi right now?” MC Yoo asks her. Lyn laughs at the cheeky question. She looks at her husband who is smiling wide at her. “Honestly, just like how Kyungsoo ssi said earlier, I am still studying it well. My teacher right here is very patient and supportive. I am getting there. Haha. When love is a subject now, it is not easy guys. I previously thought that love means being loyal, sincere, honest and trustworthy. And that is it. But I guess it actually means more than that. Let’s see if it will change in the future after I have mastered everything. Hehe.” She smiles. The crowd are smiling along. “Now I am very curious about your ideal type. Aren’t you all curious? Can both of you share that with all of us?” MC Yoo asks another question as she gets a positive response from the crowd. Lyn lets her husband answer first. “I don’t really have someone as my ideal type but as I always say, I like someone who is very pretty when she is smiling. And that was how I fell in love with her the first time I saw her in my dream three years ago. She was not smiling at first but I fell for her right away and I fell harder when she finally smiled. And I really want someone who enjoys eating and appreciates foods as my Mrs Right because I love to eat and I enjoy eating at new restaurants. I am lucky because I found my ideal girl. She is my wife now. I never see a girl looks as beautiful as her when she is smiling and this girl knows how to cook. She cooks really well. And because of that, I rarely cook since I got married. Actually before I met her, I said to myself that I want someone who doesn’t work in the entertainment industry as my parter because I thought it would be really hard for us to spend the time together if she does. But look at how perfect God’s plan for me. My wife is working in this industry and she is as busy as I am or sometimes even busier than me because she works with us but she is great at juggling between work and family. She never ignores me because of her busy schedules. Honestly I never feel neglected. I am still surprised at how good she is at handling things and dividing her time for everything. How do you actually do that sweetheart?” Kyungsoo answers the question and asks another question to his wife.

 

 

Lyn looks at her husband. “Kyungsoo ssi, as if you never do that. You are also juggling between your life as a singer and actor. You never fail it. It is possible, right? So I think it is similar. Everyone can do it as long as you want it. Fighting! My ideal type? I don’t have one. I never thought about it before. But I think I am going to choose my dad and my twin brothers as my ideal type because they are like the best men figure in my life. As I am the youngest in my family, they are really protective over me, they are loving, caring and very understanding. I think they know what I need in a man who will be replacing them to take a good care of me. That is why they chose Kyungsoo ssi to be that man. He has all the criterias that I need in a husband.” She ends her answer there. The audience give him applause for successfully being chosen as the prince charming for Lyn. He stands up and bows a few times as if he is acting as one. “Okay as the prince already gave his bow, let’s move to the next question. “Kai ssi, do you want to choose this time?” MC Yoo asks Kai. He just nods and grabs a number right away. “I am looking for A12 nim.” He says looking at the very first row. “It’s me. I am Sunny Kim. I am a fan of Kai himself. I have a not complicated question here. As you are a really busy person, do you have any hobby? Or if not, what do you do to release your tension? Thank you. Lyn unnie fighting!” She says before sitting down waiting for the answer. “Thank you Sunny ssi. Honestly as I have a very calm personality, I hardly have a difficult time that will cause me stressful and tensed days. Normally, I would finish all my work ahead of dateline because it is pretty obvious that life is really unpredictable. So I have to make sure that I am ready with extra free time to fit something more in my schedules especially working in this hectic industry. As for my hobbies or things that I like to do, I got plenty of them. I love books because I love to read. And I love books because I love to write. I enjoy cooking as much as I like baking. Singing and dancing are my other passions. Wait a minute! Why do I have so many? Haha. I think I have a lot of available time to do it. I believe I am not as busy as you thought. Hehe.” Lyn stops giving her answer. She surprises the crowd with her listed hobbies.

 

 

“Noona, don’t kid us. You are very busy. There are a lot witnesses here. But seriously where did you find time doing all that? Are you some kind of super woman or a robot maybe?” Chanyeol interrupts. Lyn smiles at him. As people are waiting for her explaination, she starts answering more. “I think I still have enough time doing all of my additional activities with the remaining free time that I have. It is not that I cook and bake everyday. I only attend my singing and dancing classes once a week if there are no other engagements. The only things that I do everyday are reading and writing. I always make sure that I have a book to read and a book to write on with me the whole time.” She keeps her answer as simple as possible. “Don’t you guys go out for a date? I don’t think you guys have time if you are attending those classes when you have your free time.” MC Yoo asks the couple. “Since I kept my secret of loving her at the beginning of the marriage, we were not like a normal couple. I was also very busy. So Lyn was always home by herself. At first, she would go to my parents’ café to help out but they stopped her asking her to get some rest instead at home. So she decided to join some classes during the weekends to be more productive though I believe she was productive enough at that time. She doesn’t only attend dancing and singing classes, she also goes to cooking and baking academy to learn more new recipes. I think she loves making herself busy.” Kyungsoo answers looking at her with his frown eyebrows. His wife is smiling at him. “I seriously don’t like being home alone, it is not that I am scared staying home by myself but I just enjoy doing more activities. The first month working in SM, I realized that I had a free weekend most of the time. So I assigned myself to these classes that I found on the internet. The cooking and baking classes that I attend are basically the same one. It is just that they change it every each week. It is like if we do cooking this week, we will do baking the next weekend which is cool. And I found this only female dancing academy which is perfect for me because I never danced in public. I got to learn so many types of dancing there and I really enjoy that class so much. I have always had passions in both dancing and singing but I didn’t get to attend formal classes before. I guess my destiny brought me here where I can learn both professionally. I also have started to learn instruments now. I learnt piano and now I am doing guitar. Life has been wonderful here in Korea. But I took three months leave because I was not well, I only started attending these classes again last week.” She answers smiling.

 

 

“Oh, I didn’t know that you signed up for a new class?” Kyungsoo asks out of surprise. “No. it is actually the same singing class that I have been attending. My teacher asked me if I was interested to learn playing the instruments. As you know, I really enjoy doing that so of course I said yes. I don’t know if I still got the feeling now or not after being away fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter