Fifty Second Episode

The Unwanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kyungsoo carefully sits next to the empty seat next to Lyn. He leaves that one safe gap. He starts to rethink if this is the best decision but looking at her this close, he doesn’t want to stop now. He doesn’t want to regret anything in the future. “Excuse me?” He tries to get her attention but she doesn’t respond. He keeps repeating it for a few more time until she looks up at where Baekhyun is sitting in front of them. He is sending her a signal by pointing at Kyungsoo. Her attention is now moving to Kyungsoo who she doesn’t realize when he starts sitting there. She looks at him with her two round eyes. He is talking but she can’t listen. She only realizes now that she is still wearing her earpiece on both of her ears. She immediately unplugs them. “I am so sorry. I was listening to some music. Is there something that I can help you with?” Lyn asks Kyungsoo who looks so nervous. He slowly takes a breath out. He doesn’t say anything. He looks surprised as Lyn is literally speaking Korean with him right now. She was speaking English earlier. “Are you okay? Are you sick anywhere?” She asks looking so worried as the person in front of her right now looks a little pale. “You speak Korean?” Kyungsoo asks her. She nods and she smiles at him. “Yeah, I do speak Korean. Is that why you look so pale right now? Are you that surprised?” She asks. He nods admitting it. She laughs. “I am so sorry for shocking you with my Korean.” She says teasing him. “No, it is okay. By the way, I am Do Kyungsoo. It is nice meeting you. I hope you don’t mind me sitting here next to you.” He introduces himself formally. Lyn is surprised to see that side of him. “I am Natasha Lyn but just call me Lyn. It is nice to meet you too. I don’t mind you sitting here. It is a public area. This seats are not mine. And actually you don’t really have to introduce yourself to me. I know who you are.” She says to him with a smile. ‘OMG! I can die just seeing her beautiful smile.’ He says in his heart. “Oh but still, I want to introduce myself to you properly. I saw you earlier.” He says to her. She nods. “You helped me with the bodyguard thingy. Thank you.” She replies to him thinking about what happened earlier. She doesn’t know that Kyungsoo is this friendly. He normally looks very scary and unapproachable seeing his previous airport’s photos. Kyungsoo only looks at her smiling wide. He looks so bright.

 

 

“You’re from here?” Kyungsoo says pointing at her passport on her lap. “Yeah, I don’t think you have ever heard about my country.” She says to him. “No, I have heard about it before but I don’t think I have ever been there yet. You’re alone?” He replies adding a question. She nods. “It is actually my very first time travelling alone without anyone accompanying me. Though I have been away a lot before, all of it was for studying purpose. It was nothing like vacation. Korea is very beautiful by the way.” Lyn sincerely says that to him. She doesn’t know why she feels comfortable talking to him. She doesn’t normally talks to strangers especially males. “Really? You’re very independent young lady.” He says to her. “Well I guess that is true. Plus I don’t have any other choices but to be independent when studying abroad. It is not like I can bring my family along. They also have their own life. And I think it is a golden opportunity for me to know who I really am. So it was a really good experience. By the way, why did you want to call me earlier? Is there anything that I can help you with?” She is back to being curious of the main reason why he was here at the very first place. “Oh, I just wanted to talk to you if you’re okay with that. I would like to know you more.” He answers being honest. He doesn’t feel like talking nonsense right now. She nods. “I think I am fine with that. I still have a good 20 minutes before I have to board my flight.” She replies to him. Though Lyn feels weird looking at this side of Kyungsoo, she still doesn’t want to say anything that might make him feel uncomfortable. “Do you like to write? What are you writing?” He asks being so curious. “Oh, this? Yeah. I like to write. It is just like a journal of my travelling this time. I just write what I feel, what I do, what I experience. Things like that, there is nothing specific. I just write everything so that one day, when I open this journal, I can recall back my past experience. You know how we don’t really have next times to some things, so by writing it down, the memory will always be there for us to read it again. Do you write?” Lyn asks him. He just shakes his head. He smiles awkwardly. “But maybe I can start now.” He says later. Lyn nods.

 

 

“Who is this Kyungsoo ya?” Mr Noh comes to ask as it is weird to see Kyungsoo talking to some strangers but now he is widely smiling talking to a girl which is almost impossible for him to do so. But it happens today. “Oh, this is Lyn. I am just here talking with her. I was the one who made the move so I guess there is nothing wrong about it, right hyung?” He explains what is going on. “Oh, you are the same girl earlier, right? I am really sorry for everything that happened earlier. He was just doing his job.” Mr Noh says to her. She smiles. “I am fine. Don’t worry about that. I understand. I believe they are doing a great job protecting EXO. I really appreciate that. But is this really fine?” She says pointing at her and Kyungsoo talking with each other. “Yeah, it is totally fine as Kyungsoo said, he was the one who started it. I hope he is not disturbing your private time.” Mr Noh says to her. She shakes her head. “No, he is not disturbing. It is nice talking to him.” She is being honest. Kyungsoo is smiling widely listening to her opinion. “Okay, have fun talking. I’ll let you know when it is already time to board. Safe flight Lyn ssi.” Mr Noh says to her before leaving. “Do you know us?” Kyungsoo asks her. “Yes, you guys are EXO, right? I mean you guys are so famous like everywhere that I went to, your songs would be played. Your posters are literally everywhere. So I think that is enough for me to say that yeah, I recognize that you guys are EXO.” She says sharing some news. Kyungsoo nods. “Do you like Pepero?” He asks looking at the plastic bag with Pepero inside it. She smiles. “I am not really a fan but if I have to choose, I would say that the hazelnut is my favourite. I bought it from the chocolate store. They have a special offer. I was actually looking for bottled water but I ended up buying more. I bought it for my family. I think my nephews and nieces will be happy to get this.” She says to him. “I think the kids will be excited to eat them all.” He comments. Lyn only smiles and she nods in agreement.

 

 

“May I ask you another question? I hope it is not a sensitive question. I am just curious. What is this that you are wearing on your head?” Kyungsoo asks a surprising question. “You mean this?” Lyn asks him back holding the ‘thing’ on her head. He nods. “This is what we call shawl or hijab. It is like a piece of clothing that I wear to cover my hair and neck.” She says trying to make him understand. “Why are you covering them? Are you cold?” He asks a cute question. “No, I cover them both all the time when I am out. It is not because I am cold or anything like that. But as a Muslim girl, I believe that I am covering everything to protect myself from any eyes of strangers especially men. This is my belief.” She says to him. “You also wear like this when it is summer?” He asks another question. He seems like he is interested to know more about it. She slowly nods. “Aren’t you feeling hot?” He asks again. She shakes her head. “No, I am used to it. Well, shawls don’t come in thick materials only, there are also the hot weather friendly ones. I am wearing this one because it is very cold here in Korea. We don’t have any winter in my country. So I normally wear thinner material ones which are comfortable and not suffocating at all.” She says explaining. She finds it amazing for him to ask these kinds of questions to her. He looks sincerely curious. “I am sorry if you’re not comfortable with my questions.” He asks looking so worried. She shakes her head. “No, I am fine. Don’t worry. Do you have any other questions?” She asks him. “Are you really fine with me asking you questions like this? Honestly I have so many questions to ask but I am afraid I don’t have enough time to ask you everything.” He says pointing at the monitor. She only has like eight minutes before the boarding time.

 

 

“Well, you may ask me the more important questions I guess. If I can give you an answer, I will do it.” Lyn says to him making him feel calmer. She can see how nervous he is. “There is how many of you in your family?” He asks her. She is actually surprised that he chose to ask her that question. “Of course I have my parents. I also have two older brothers and an older sister. And I am the youngest one in my family.” She briefly answers his question. “Oh, you’re also a maknae? We are the same. I am also the maknae in my family.” He says in an excited tone. Lyn only smiles. She then nods. It is not that she doesn’t know about that one fact. It is known for Kyungsoo to only have one older brother. “Are you married?” He asks another brave question. Lyn is surprised to be asked that question bluntly. An announcement suddenly made as a sign that it is already time for her to board the flight. Kyungsoo doesn’t get to hear the answer so he repeats the question again. “No, I am not. I am sorry Kyungsoo ssi. I think it is time for me to leave now. It is nice talking to you. I wish you all the best in your career and life.” She says preparing to say goodbye. “Lyn ssi, this is for you. I bought it earlier.” Kyungsoo gives her one hazelnut Pepero that he specially bought for her and it happened to be her favourite. “For me?” Lyn asks taking it. “Yes, happy Pepero day.” He says smiling at her. “Thank you.” She replies shortly. She then takes the same flavoured Pepero from hers and she gives it to him. “This is for you. I never celebrate Pepero day before. This is my first time. Happy Pepero day to you too.” He is happy to receive that chocolate from her. He then turns to get a medium sized paper bag and gives it to her. “What is this?” Lyn asks him. “It is a special gift from me to you. I hope you like it.” It is a cute little teddy bear wearing hanbok (Korean traditional dress) he purchased at a gift shop earlier. He also bought it especially for her. He doesn’t know why but he was so sure that he would see her again. And he did. “Thank you so much. This is so cute. Please wait a second.” Lyn s her bagpack and gets one of the journals she bought earlier. “This is for you. Maybe you can use it to start writing soon.” She gives it to him. “Thank you so much. You don’t have to. I will use it well.” He replies holding the journal tight. “Okay, I really need to go now. Take care. Have a safe flight.” She says before she starts leaving him behind. “Have a safe flight Lyn ssi. Please do not forget about me.” He says waving his hand. She is surprised to hear that but she just nods. Kyungsoo keeps on looking at her until she is vanished from his sight.

 

 

Present day…

 

 

Lyn looks at her husband. He is looking at her with his hopeful eyes. “Do you remember anything sweetheart?” He asks as she looks very serious right now. They all wait patiently for her answer. She then hugs Kyungsoo tight. Kyungsoo who is surprised puts his arms around her body. “What is wrong Lyn? Are you okay?” He asks patting her back. He can feel the nod from her. “I remember everything.” She says to him with a very low voice. Kyungsoo has his two eyes wide open. “Seriously?” He asks raising his voice out of disbelief. “Why Kyungsoo? What is going on?” Lay asks him. Lyn nods again. “My wife remembers everything now.” He gives them an answer. They all let a breath out of relief. Kyungsoo slowly lets her go. “I saw the teddy bear I gifted to you in the shelf in your room where you put all EXO related stuffs.” He says to her. Lyn is smiling. She knows what he is talki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter