Thirty First Episode

The Unwanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Kyungsoo wakes up early today. He prays the dawn prayer and starts getting ready to go to the hospital. He wants to spend a good quality of time with Lyn before leaving her for a while. The promise he made with Ahn So Ra has to be kept well this time if he doesn’t want to lose his wife. He prepares simple breakfast for himself. He makes egg sandwiches and a cup of hot coffee. He eats his breakfast outside at the balcony so it won’t leave much smell when he leaves the apartment later. No one knows when Lyn is going to wake up and starts living here again. He doesn’t want the apartment to smell like rotten food when she is back here. He puts the extra sandwiches in a small food container. He wants to bring it to the hospital so that he doesn’t have to leave for lunch. He makes sure he packs a small bottle of water along. He has no plan to leave the hospital today as this is going to be the last time he gets to see his wife for now. He goes to Lyn’s bedroom to get Pengui, her stuffed animal. He wants to bring it along to the hospital to accompany her while he is away. He checks everything before leaving the apartment. He doesn’t know when he will get to be back here again.

 

 

Driving to the hospital early in the morning doesn’t take him much time. Surprisingly, the traffic is okay today. Maybe it is a help from above to give him a chance to see his wife earlier. He carries the paper bag of his food with his right hand while holding Pengui with his left. The nurses greet him with a big smile looking at the cute stuffed animal he is carrying. “Hello Kyungsoo ssi. Good morning.” The nurse who is responsible looking after Lyn greets him. The same nurse who gave him review about Lyn’s updated condition last night. “Hi! Good morning. How’s my wife today?” He asks her. Yeah, the team who is taking care of Lyn knows their status. Kyungsoo himself told them yesterday when they asked a family member to sign on a form admitting Lyn to the hospital. “I just came out from her room. She is still unconscious but other than that, she is totally fine. The doctor said that her inner injury is slowly healing. Everything is good. You can go and see her.” She informs him. “Can I bring this along?” Kyungsoo shows her the food he packed. She looks at it and nods. “Yeah, just please do the normal cleansing routine before entering the room. You don’t have to wear the outer layer today. She is fine to be visited. By the way there is one girl waiting outside of her room. When I asked her if she wanted to see her, she didn’t say anything. Maybe she is waiting for one of you guys. Okay, I’ll get back to my work. If there is anything strange happens to Lyn ssi, please just press the emergency button on top of her bed. Okay Kyungsoo ssi?” She reminds him about it. Kyungsoo nods and rushes to Lyn’s room. He is worried if the mentioned girl is actually Ahn So Ra. He walks faster and stops looking at the girl.

 

 

“What are you doing here?” Kyungsoo asks that girl. She is surprised to see someone suddenly standing in front of her. She immediately stands up. “I am waiting for you Kyungsoo ssi.” Tae Ra answers his question. She has been waiting for him since an hour ago. She takes an emergency leave today as she is not ready to get back to work after what happened yesterday. She almost became a killer. Kyungsoo looks at her with his usual serious expression. “Why do you want to see me? Is it my turn today to be poisoned?” He is being sarcastic. She shakes her head right away. “No, I want to apologize to you for hurting Lyn unnie. I know I was wrong. I didn’t mean to kill her. I am willing to do anything for you to forgive me.” She says to him staring at the floor. She is scared to look at his eyes. “There is nothing you can do. You can’t turn back the time. You can’t give me back my wife who is not unconscious, who is not lying down on the bed for being poisoned. You can’t give me all that. Can you?” Kyungsoo replies trying his best not to raise his voice. “I can’t do that Kyungsoo ssi. I don’t have any power to turn back the time. If I could, I would have done that yesterday. You don’t have to ask me to do that because I don’t want this to happen. If I was given other options, I would never hurt a sweet unnie like her. She is like a sister to me. I don’t have any siblings. I am the only child in my family but she makes me feel like I am no longer alone. She treats me like her younger sister. I didn’t want to hurt her but I had to do that to protect my parents. Ahn So Ra ssi is aware that my only weakness is my parents. And she knows that I come from a poor family who can’t do anything. That is why she used them to threaten me. Please believe me Kyungsoo ssi, I didn’t mean to hurt Lyn unnie. I am here today to give this to you. You can use it as evidence against So Ra ssi. I got our conversation recorded in my phone. I have to go now; my parents are alone at home. Last night, she sent some guys to hit my parents as she knew that I was here yesterday. I have to look for another place to stay. Somewhere that she can’t find me and my family. Somewhere that she can’t hurt us. Kyungsoo ssi, please tell Lyn unnie that I am sorry. I will never forgive myself for doing that to her.” Tae Ra passes the mini pen drive to Kyungsoo and walks away as she wants to leave.

 

 

“Tae Ra! Wait a minute.” Kyungsoo stops her. “I think I have a place where you and your family will be safe from her ill intention. First, I think you should quit working at the SM café. Second, I will recommend you to my parents. You can work in our café instead. And I will ask them to let you guys stay in the apartment in front of my parents’. That way, she can’t do anything to you as my parents will look after you guys. Third, if she dares to do something, tell her about the recording you have, use it to scare her. Tell her that you will let my parents know about that. If she thinks about herself and the baby she is carrying, she won’t do anything to you because she needs to look innocent in front of my parents. She won’t dare to come close to you. Fourth, you have to make sure that you are never alone. There is this girl named Hyeri in the café, you can be friend with her. She is a nice girl and she will show you around. If So Ra calls or contacts you again after this, just ignore her. She won’t dare to do anything. Keep this money. Use it well. If you need anything, just give me a call. This is my card. Keep it. I will ask Seungjae hyung and Jeongmin hyung to help you moving into the apartment later today. In the meantime, you can pack your things. Okay?” Kyungsoo says to her. She starts crying looking at the few hundred notes in her hand given by Kyungsoo. “Kyungsoo ssi, you don’t have to do this. I will find my way.” She says trying to give the money back to him. He shakes his head. “No, keep it. I know if my wife is awake right now, she will do the same. She will never let you face this thing by yourself. I am just doing this on her behalf. So if you really treat her like your sister, you should do as I ask you to do. Think about your parents. You’re doing this for them, right? This is the best solution that I can offer for now.” He says looking at the crying girl. He can’t put the blame on her for what happened to Lyn because it is actually his fault. She deserves a second chance. “Thank you so much Kyungsoo ssi. I hope I can repay your kindness, husband and wife one day.” She says to him before leaving. He only looks at the poor girl.

 

 

Pengui is already taking its place on the side table close to Lyn. Kyungsoo goes to his still sleeping wife. He takes his time looking at the beautiful princess. She looks so calm. It is as if she is only sleeping though in fact, she is in coma. He carefully sits on the bed. He bends down and plants a kiss on her forehead. “Good morning sweetheart. I am here. I am going to accompany you the whole day. How are you today? The nurse told me that you’re getting better today. I am glad to know that. Oh, I brought along Pengui today so that it can accompany you when I am not around. I know you can barely sleep when it is not with you.” Kyungsoo touches her cheek. She is still cold just like yesterday. He moves then to touch her hand. The smooth hand she always applies lotion on it. Kyungsoo brought along her favourite lotion and applies it on her hand just like how she always does. He then looks at his wife. ‘How am I going to spend the next six months without seeing you Lyn?’ He whispers to himself. He will let her know about it today. But for now, he only wants to see her beautiful face and holds onto the hand that he will be missing really badly.

 

 

The door is suddenly open stopping Kyungsoo from his thoughts. “Oh, noona. You’re here. Seungjae hyung and Jeongmin hyung too are here. Are you guys coming together from the office?” He asks looking at them. They all nod and give Kyungsoo a smile. “How is she today?” Seungjae asks him. “So far she is good. Everything is normal. Apart of still being unconscious, other than that she is all fine. We just have to wait until she is ready to wake up.” Kyungsoo informs that to them. They all nod. “How about the poison sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter