Seventieth Episode

The Unwanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Enjoy the jump unnie.” Min Ji says to Lyn before she enters the elevator. “Thank you!” She replies. “Hello noona! How do you feel? You have been waiting for a very long time for this.” Baekhyun starts the informal interview. This is going to be his final ride going up to the platform so he is relieved. He is scared of height but he thinks that it slowly fades away after many times being on the high platform especially after he did his jump earlier. “I am great. I am so excited actually. And I am so proud of all of you for successfully did the jump. You guys are the best.” She answers looking out the window of the elevator. “Aren’t you feeling nervous noona?” He asks her. She shakes her head. “I am nervous but not because of the bungee jumping. I have been waiting for this for so long. It is finally the time for me to do it.” She says smiling at Baekhyun who seems confused by her statement. But he keeps on following her recording that historical moment of her first bungee jumping experience. Lyn looks down. She can see her husband who is holding his phone up. He must be recording her too. Chanyeol is standing next to him with his pro camera. “I am going to say something before I jump.” Lyn informs the instructor with a smile on her face. He nods smiling nervously to see that lady in front of him. She is standing at the end of the platform. “There she is.” Kyungsoo says. All the members except for Baekhyun are now watching her. She calmly waves at them. “OMG! How can she be so relax up there?” Kai says to s. “I don’t know. That is her charm.” Sehun says to him. “Though I have done it, I am still nervous just seeing her there smiling at us.” Lay says to them. “I know right hyung. She is so brave.” Chen says wrapping his arm around Lay’s shoulder. Suho is smiling feeling proud to see his friend that calm.

 

 

“Kyungsoo oppa?” Lyn raises her voice calling her husband. “Kyungsoo, noona is calling you oppa.” Chanyeol says to him laughing. “Yes sweetheart? I am here.” Kyungsoo replies to her call. He waves at her. “I am so sorry for making you wait for me this long.” She says to him. That sentence makes him feels nervous out of sudden. His heart starts beating faster. He holds the iron fence to help him standing well. “But thank you so much for waiting patiently. I really appreciate it.” She adds more. She pauses for a while. Kyungsoo feels sudden chills all throughout his body. “Kyungsoo ssi?” She calls him again like how she normally addresses him. She is smiling looking at her husband. “Seolma! (No way! / It can’t be!)” Baekhyun says to himself. The members who are watching them from down there are saying the same thing. “Is she going to say it now?” Xiumin says. “Is she going to drop the L word now?” Suho says later. Kyungsoo is waiting nervously. His hand is shaking. Chanyeol is recording him right now. Kyungsoo looks at his wife with teary eyes. “Saranghaeyo! (I love you!)” Lyn finally confesses her love for her one and only husband. She gives him a smile before she takes her jump off the platform. She doesn’t even make any sound. She is smiling happily as she finally can tick one of her bucket lists and she is happy because she finally says the three words. She looks at the beautiful view around her. The massive blue sky, the wide green river and the cold breeze make her feels so happy. “Did I hear it correctly Chanyeol aa?” Kyungsoo asks still looking at his wife who is still hanging on the rope. “Yes, Kyungsoo ya. She said that she loves you. Finally she said it. Congratulation Kyungsoo ya!!! I am so happy for you!” He says to the confused Kyungsoo. Everyone is jumping around feeling so excited by the unexpected confession Lyn made without any warnings. No one was ready for that. Baekhyun is still filming her from above. “Lyn noona is the coolest girl I have ever seen in my life. Her love confession was so cool. I respect you noona.” He says to himself. “Hyung, she said that she loves me.” Kyungsoo says crying looking at Suho who is standing in front of him. “I know. I am so happy for the both of you.” He says patting Kyungsoo’s back. “You should look at her.” Xiumin says pointing at the happy Lyn. She is smiling so brightly looking around as she is no longer hanging up side down.

 

 

Lyn is holding the rope with her left hand. She looks for her husband. She can see how red his face is. He must be crying right now. She smiles at him and she waves at him with her right hand as she is going down to the waiting boat. The gear is unattached from the rope and she is now brought to the land. Kyungsoo is running towards his wife. She is smiling at him. She is immediately pulled into a tight hug. She is happily hugging him back. “I love you sweetheart.” He says it to her. He is waiting. “I love you too Kyungsoo ssi.” She says without hesitating. “I love you so much.” He says it again. She giggles. “I love you too so much.” She replies. “I love you so much sayang.” He repeatedly says the love word. “I love you more!” She replies letting herself go from the hug. She is now looking at her husband. “I love you the most!” He says to her. “Thank you!” She has nothing else to say because she knows that he will never let her to win. “Am I dreaming right now?” He asks her. She pinches his cheek. “Auch!” He screams. “It hurts right? You are definitely not dreaming Kyungsoo oppa.” She says to him. “OMG! I love this girl so much.” He says approaching her before capturing her lips with his. Lyn is smiling during the kiss. He lets her go after a good amount of time. “I love this man so much too.” She says to him with a smile. He is smiling wider. He feels surreal to hear that word this sudden. It is seriously the best birthday gift ever. “Lovebirds? Shall we go now?” Baekhyun asks them. They have been witnessing the sweet moments between the couple. And they got it recorded too. She is surprised to see them there. She laughs after that. Kyungsoo leads the way. He can’t stop smiling. He is in the cloud nine right now. His love is no longer one sided. His wife is now in love with him too. He loves her. She loves him. They love each other. And he is very grateful.

 

 

“Here is your cardigan.” Jae Rin who helped her holding it earlier gives it back to her. Lyn wears it at that very moment. “Thank you unnie.” She says to her. She is smiling at Lyn. They are all back at the registration office. They need to settle the payment. Kyungsoo comes forward to pay for everything. “No, Kyungsoo ya, it is your birthday. It is our treat.” Suho stops him. “But I am just beyond happy right now. Let me pay. Please hyung.” He is referring to Lyn’s love confession for him. “What do you think guys?” Suho asks the others. They are hesitant. “Please, I am just so grateful for my wife’s sudden confession. Let me do this.” He says convincing s. They look at Lyn. She is just smiling. “Okay, but after this, all the activities, everything is on us. Fullstop!” Suho says it final. “Thanks hyung.” Kyungsoo says paying for all EXO members, his wife and some of their managers and staffs who participated in the bungee jumping activities. “Thank you so much for choosing us to experience the bungee jumping. I hope you all are satisfied by our service.” Mr Jeong says to them. “We all had such a wonderful time here. It was really an unforgettable experience for all of us.” Suho says to him. “If it is okay, may we take a picture together with EXO and Lyn ssi?” Mr Jeong asks hesitantly. “Of course! Shall we?” Baekhyun gives the answer almost immediately. Seungjae and Jeongmin help them taking a group photo together. Lyn goes to the room where she left her jacket earlier. Kyungsoo follows behind. She takes off her cardigan and puts it on the table. She then wears her light pink jacket. “You’re not wearing this sweetheart?” He asks her. She shakes her head. “I want to give it to someone special.” She replies. He gets it. He just nods. They both leave the room. The others are waiting for them by the door.

 

 

“Min Ji ssi, thanks for the goguma you bought for me. We will enjoy it. This is for you.” Lyn says to her. Min Ji is looking at her with her eyes wide open. “Isn’t this the cardigan you personally designed and gifted to everyone who attended your wedding reception?” She asks her. Lyn nods. “Can I really have this?” Min Ji asks. “Of course! This is the one that I already wore. I hope you don’t mind.” She says to her. “That is even better unnie. Thank you so much.” Min Ji says holding the cardigan tight. “Can we take a picture together?” Min Ji makes an effort to ask her. “Yes, we can. Let’s take it.” Lyn says approaching her. They take a few pictures together. Kyungsoo is waiting at the side. “Do you want one with Kyungsoo ssi too?” Lyn asks her as she is looking at him. She shyly nods. “Can three of us take a picture together?” She asks. Kyungsoo comes closer and take the picture with three of them in the same frame. “I am actually Kyungsoo oppa’s fan but since three months ago, I have liked Lyn unnie more. So now I am the fan of the both of you. You two really make a perfect couple.” She says to the couple. “Oh, you’re my fan. Do you have a piece of paper? I should at least leave you with my signature.” He says to her. They actually leave their signatures as a whole team for the bungee jumping centre. She runs to get one white paper and a pen. Kyungsoo leaves his sign there and gives it to her. “Thank you so much Kyungsoo oppa. Lyn unnie, do you have a signature too?” She asks Lyn. “No, I don’t have one.” Lyn answers her. “A hug might do.” She adds more. Min Ji immediately nods. They hug for a while before the couple leave with everyone. They have other activities to do. Walking towards the barbeque area, Kyungsoo can’t stop smiling. He holds Lyn’s right hand tight. He keeps on looking at her once in a while. He still can’t believe that he and his wife are sharing the same feeling now. “I love you sweetheart.” He says to her out of sudden. She looks at him and she smiles. “I love you too Nampyeon nim.” She replies. He lets her hand go and pulls her closer wrapping his arm around her shoulder. He is smiling wider right now. She lets him be. She just smiles thinking of how happy he is right now.

 

 

“Woah, it looks so fun.” Lyn says looking at few people canoeing. She keeps looking at them while the others are eating. She doesn’t know that canoeing is one of the activities provided in that park. Kyungsoo looks for his wife. She told him that she wanted to get wet tissues but she is still not there after few minutes have passed. He then realizes that she is standing facing the lake. He approaches her. “Sweetheart, what are you doing here?” He says to her. “Oh, I was just looking at that.” She says pointing at the lake while wiping Kyungsoo’s hand that is stained by the charcoal. He looks at his caring wife. He pats her head. “Do you want to do it?” He asks. She looks at him. “Can I?” She asks him. “Yes, we can.” He says holding her hand. “Guys, we’re going to try canoeing. Do you want to join us?” He asks others. Sehun raises his hand while holding the chicken. Chanyeol stands up while putting the final wrap of lettuce and meat in his mouth. “We’ll be here.” Xiumin says to them. They also bring so many different board and card games as they know they will be spending the whole day there. The good thing about the park is there is a big convenient store provided where they can find all the essentials for picnic and barbequeing. The four of them go to do the payment to canoe. “This time, it is on us. As you agreed earlier, there is no more spending with your money for today.” Chanyeol says to him leading the way to pay followed by Sehun. Kyungsoo is just shaking his head laughing. He forgot about their deal earlier. Chanyeol paid for two boats, two of them can ride one. Kyungsoo helps his wife with the life jacket, he makes sure she is wearing it securely. He then goes down to hop on the boat before offering his hand for Lyn to help her ride the boat. “You’re okay?” He asks as the both of them are now on the boat. She nods. They are sitting facing each other with two paddles at both sides. They can hear the other members’ laughters on the boat next to theirs. They almost flip the boat because they have a hard time balancing themselves on it. “Are you guys okay?” Kyungsoo asks them feeling worried. They both nod and give him an okay sign. “Okay, you guys can start paddling now. Enjoy!” The instructor says to them. So they start paddling.

 

 

Chanyeol and Sehun are both end up paddling in circle for quite some times before they manage to handle the boat well. Kyungsoo teaches them how to do it correctly. He is good at manouvering the boat. Maybe because he has done it a lot during a movie filming, he gets used to it. Lyn is just paddling along while enjoying the nature. Kyungsoo is smiling looking at her as they stop in the middle of the lake. They can see some fans are waving at them from the park. Some ExoLs gather there as information of EXO spending their weekend there spread earlier. But they respect their privacy. They only watch them from far which is very appreciated. They wave at them with smile on their face. “Sweetheart, can I ask you something?” He asks his wife. She nods giving him her whole attention. “I didn’t ask earlier because we were surrounded by many. But now that we are alone and there is no one else going to listen to this conversation, I really want to ask you this. Since when did you realize that you love me?” He asks her the important question after arranging the words nicely. Lyn is not surprised by it. She looks at him for a while before giving him the answer. “Since I always restrained and avoid myself from falling in love, I said to my own self that once I got married, I would let myself free and experience love for the very first time. So I am not sure when it started but I think the feeling was always there since the day we got officially married but I pushed it down. I unconsciously pushed it away because I was not allowed to have it. So when you cancelled all the promises, it unknowingly came back to me slowly. It took me a while to realize that it was love. I am really sorry for that. But I needed to confirm it myself. I wanted to ensure that it was real. I don’t want to say it without being sure that it was love. It is unfair for you and it is unfair for me too. I did my research on what I was feeling when you were around and when I was left alone. I made sure I checked everything. Only then, I started to believe that I was already in love. I finally fell in love. It is such a precious experience to have fallen in love with my own husband. I am experiencing my first and final love right now. It is amazing for me. It feels surreal. Honestly I didn’t have any specific plan on how to reveal my feelings for you. I want it to happen naturally. But I guess, it didn’t happen as natural as I wanted it to be. I am sorry that I gave you a minor panic attack earlier.” She says looking at her husband.

 

 

“It was so unexpected, I was nervous enough to see you up there when you were about to jump. But I couldn’t control myself when you suddenly did the love confession. I was surprised. I was happy. I was in denial for quite some time. I asked the members who were there with me if I heard it correctly. When they said yes, I felt like jumping around and I wanted to scream telling everyone that my wife loves me now. But I was having a hard time even just to stand, so I didn’t get to do it. Should I do it now?” Kyungsoo says standing up on the boat making small waves on t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter