Sixty Nineth Episode

The Unwanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Lyn wakes up when she feels like the van has stopped moving and as she expected, they have arrived to their destination. She looks to her side. Kyungsoo is still sleeping. He doesn’t realize that they are no longer driving on the road. Jae Rin signals her to slowly wake him up. She nods. “Kyungsoo ssi, we are here.” She whispers touching his face. He opens his eyes rubbing them. She knows that he is not fully awake yet. She is waiting for the beautiful eyes to look at her. “Did you get a good sleep?” She asks him fixing his hair. He smiles. “I didn’t even realize that I fell asleep. I think I slept the whole ride. I am sorry for not accompanying you.” He says touching her face in front of him. She shakes her head. “I am fine. Let’s go. They already went out of the van now.” She says informing him. They both slowly get off the van. Kyungsoo looks around. They are in front of a hotel right now because EXO is having a photoshoot tomorrow close to this area. “Did you get all your belonging? Seungjae asks them looking inside. They both nod. “Okay, let’s go.” Jeongmin says pulling one of the couple’s luggages. Jae Rin leads the way to do the check in process. The couple and Lyn’s assistants are waiting at the seating area in the hotel lobby. Jae Rin approaches them with three rooms’ keys. One for the couple, one for the assistants and another one is for herself. “Okay, shall we go upstairs now?” She asks them. They all nod because it is obviously time to rest. It passed midnight already. The date has changed to a new day. “Let’s go sweetheart.” He says holding her hand to the elevator. He is pulling a luggage with his other hand. Lyn is carrying her small bagpack. They arrive at level 12 where they will be staying tonight. “It is this way.” Jae Rin says as they are heading to the right. Their room is actually the one at the very end of the hallway. But she doesn’t bring them there. She carefully applies the key to the door labelled 1203 and it is wide open now. Suddenly the quiet surrounding is filled with popping sounds. Kyungsoo is taken aback while others are smiling widely. Jae Rin gives another key to Jeongmin and she points at the room 1201. Both Seungjae and Jeongmin go that way pulling the two luggages.

 

 

“Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to Kyungsoo, happy birthday to you.” In front of Kyungsoo are s who are singing a birthday song for him. He is confused. He has no idea what is going on. He is too exhausted to think straight right now. He keeps on looking at them with a blank expression. “It is January the 12th today, it is your birthday Kyungsoo ssi.” Lyn says to him bringing his sanity back. He widens his eyes as he now realizes that it really is his birthday. “Should we sing the birthday song again? As we didn’t get enough time to light the candles earlier, we should do it now.” Chanyeol suggests. Sehun is lighting the candles on the cake now. Kyungsoo and Lyn enter the living area of that hotel room. He hugs her close by wrapping his hand around her waist. She is singing the birthday song along with everyone else while clapping her hands. The song ends and Kyungsoo immediately blows the candles before kissing Lyn’s cheek. She is just smiling treated that way in front of everyone. “Shouldn’t it be another way around since it is your birthday?” Baekhyun asks them. Lyn nods and immediately kisses Kyungsoo on his cheek left and right. “Woah. I am impressed by your progress.” Suho comments. The couple just laugh. “What is happening here, hyung?” Kyungsoo asks Suho. “Well, we know how hard you guys were working for the past week. So we thought maybe we should just come here and surprise you to kind of throw away that exhaustion. And so we did. To see how surprised you were, it really was worth it to come here and see you two. It has been a while. How are you guys doing?” He explains what is going on as the other members are busy cutting the cakes and preparing some foods. “We’ve been good. Filming is hard but it is normal hyung as you know. But I feel different this time. Having her with me on the set really makes me so excited to film more. So it was not as exhausting as it used to.” Kyungsoo shares his feeling. Lyn is smiling listening to his answer. “That is great. I mean filming can be really tough when you don’t have enough power mentally. How about you Lyn? You have been filming for one whole week non stop, do you think you can cope with it now?” He asks his same aged friend. She nods. “I think I have started to get the hang of it. Filming is hard but I think it is really fun at the same time. I got to meet with so many people. It is very nice. I got to learn a lot on the set. I think that is the most enjoyable part.” Lyn shares her thought. “As expected, Lyn noona loves that learning new things athmostphere.” Chen says standing next to Kyungsoo. They all realize that. Lyn smiles at him.

 

 

“Okay, shall we eat now? I am hungry.” Sehun says disturbing their conversation. Everyone moves to the table where so many varieties of foods can be seen. Kyungsoo is amazed at the amount of the foods they have prepared. “Can you guys finish these all?” He asks s. They all nod confidently. “We have been starving since the evening. We were busy decorating this area and preparing for the surprise. We didn’t get to eat.” Kai says to him. And that makes Kyungsoo feels so guilty. “Nope, I am not blaming you. We wanted to at least prepare this for you. You have been so busy. This will help you to recharge your energy.” He adds more as he realized how Kyungsoo’s expression changed earlier. “Thank you so much guys. I am so touched by this celebration. You really prepared a lot. I will treat everyone to dinner when we have time.” He says to his thoughtful members. “Let’s set a date later. You better get something to eat now. Everything is safe for both you and Lyn to eat. We purposely planned it so all of us can enjoy the food together.” Xiumin explains more. The couple nod. They are touched by how caring the members are. Lyn is sitting next to Lay who looks so quiet. She only takes some salad and goguma. She doesn’t feel eating more. “Are you okay?” She starts a conversation. He nods and he smiles after that. “Are you sure? Why aren’t you eating much?” She asks him. He has eaten two slices of pizza and some fried chicken. “This is not much? I think I have enough. I don’t want to get a food coma. I won’t be able to sleep.” He replies. She nods peeling off the goguma’s skin. “Lyn, can I say something?” He carefully asks. She nods as she expects that. Normally he is acting this way because he has something he wants to share. “Okay, I am working on a new song arrangement right now. I am done composing the song and currently working on the lyrics. Actually SM offers me to make a song that suits with the first love theme for once. I tried to write the lyrics but I think since I have never been in a relationship for a long time, the lyrics feel so awkward. Do you want to give it a listen? Actually I have never played it for anyone. You will be the first one. Please give me an honest review. Okay?” He says to Lyn taking his phone out. He plugs in the ear piece to let her listen to it more easily as the room is pretty noisy right now.

 

 

Lyn is listening to the latest song Lay has composed. He is sitting next to her nervously. Her expression can’t be read because it doesn’t change at all. She looks as calm as her usual self. She is focussed on the music she is listening. She doesn’t say anything until the song ends. She gives him back the phone. “How was it?” He asks waiting anxiously for her first impression of the song. “I like it. The melody is beautiful. It is something new from you. I really enjoy listening to it. You should go for it.” She honestly shares her opinion. Lay can finally smile now. “Really? You think so?” He asks for a confirmation. She nods. “Yes, you know I don’t lie.” She says to him. “Yeah, that is why I need your review on it. I have a problem with the lyrics. I asked around but everyone has no confidence to do it. I gave it a deep thought and I came with a decision.” He says to her. Lyn is waiting for him to complete his words. She lifts her eyebrows. “I can only think of you as the best person to write the lyrics. You read a lot. You write a lot. Your writing is great. The bonus point is, you are currently experiencing the first love yourself. So I believe you are the perfect person to help me.” He finally says it out. Lyn doesn’t expect their conversation to go this way. “Do you really think I can do it?” She asks him. He nods. “I am very sure that you can write beautiful lyrics on this topic. First love is your one and only love. You are experiencing it right now. Who else can beat that fact? You’re the perfect one to write the lyrics. Please save me.” He says to her. Lyn is smiling to hear his statement. It is as if he knows what is going on. “Okay, considered yourself saved. How long do I have?” She asks him. “How long do you need?” He replies it with a question. “Is a week normal?” She asks. “Actually it depends but a week is more to a quick pace. Just let me know when it is ready. I will send the song to you. Thanks Lyn for helping me out. You’re such a great friend that I have.” He says to her appreciating her help. She has always been so helpful since the first day he knew her.

 

 

When it is already thirty minutes passed two in the morning, they know that everyone needs to get some sleep for tomorrow’s schedule. Kyungsoo and Lyn go to their room which is 1201, two doors away from other members’ room where they had the celebration at. “This is such a beautiful room.” Lyn says walking around the hotel room prepared for them. The king sized seems to be calling her. It really is time to get some sleep now. But one thing needs to be done first. It is shower. She turns around to get her clothes from their luggage but she bumps into Kyungsoo who is quietly standing behind her. “Opps! I am sorry.” She says to him. “Why are you so cute?” He says pulling her closer. She doesn’t say anything because she believes they don’t need an answer for that. “Nampyeon nim, saengil chukka hae yo. Happy birthday to you. Have a wonderful life ahead. I hope your everyday will be filled with happiness, health and hugs. Hehe.” She says wrapping her hands around his neck holding him tight. He happily wraps his arms around her waist. He kisses her shoulder affectionately. “I will claim that hug from you every single day.” He whispers to her. She giggles. “Yes, please do.” She replies. “Oh God, I love this girl so much.” He whispers again tightening the hug. She is smiling listening to it. He is such an honest person when it comes to love. She feels his love for her and it feels amazing. “Since you are the birthday boy today, I will let you take your shower first.” She says letting him go. She is now looking at him. He shakes his head. “Are you being generous and letting me take mine first?” She asks him. He shakes his head for the second time. “Let’s take a shower together.” He suggests smiling widely. Now it is Lyn’s turn to shake her head. “That is not a good idea.” She replies trying to go away. But Kyungsoo is faster. He tightens his hold on her waist. “But it is my birthday, you should not reject my request. Plus I miss you so much sweetheart.” He says pouting his plump lips. She giggles. “Arasso yo. I miss you too. Let’s take a shower now and get some sleep after that.” She says pulling him towards the bathroom. He is happily following her.

 

 

The couple decide not to get more sleep after praying dawn because they are afraid that they might oversleep. They need to meet with everyone at 9.30 to get some breakfast that is provided by the hotel together. After placing the praying mats away, Kyungsoo is sitting on the sofa with his wife. They don’t really do anything. He just wants to spend their time together. “Sweetheart, are you happily married to me?” He asks the question he never directly asks her before. Lyn doesn’t answer it but she sits closer to her husband instead. She pulls her hands that he is playing with. She moves closer and she cups his face gently. She keeps on staring at the beautiful eyes of Kyungsoo’s. He can see her smile through her shining eyes. “I think you can find the answer in my eyes now. What do they say?” She asks him still in the same position. He looks at her with a very warm gaze. “I can see myself in these beautiful eyes. They give me a happy vibe. They tell me that you are happy with me.” He says to her. He can see something else but he is too scared to say it. It is never that clear. He can feel it too. But he decides to keep it to himself. She nods. “I am very happy. Thanks for everything.” She says pulling him into a warm hug. “Thank you for accepting me into your life. I love you so much sweetheart. I really do.” He whispers to her kissing her hair and neck. “Your love for me is so precious. I can see it clearly in your eyes. And you just prove it through your actions. You’re such a wonderful husband. I really hope that I am good enough to be a wife that you can be proud of.” She says to him. He lets her go. “You are my pride sweetheart. You are my everything. I feel so gifted and spoiled to have a perfect wife like you who makes me happy just by looking at you, who makes me fall in love with you over and over again, who makes me smile just thinking about you. I just can’t get enough of you sayang. I love you so much. And I am going to tell you that every single day.” He says holding both of her hands. She is smiling staring at him without saying anything. He looks into her eyes again. It is still there. It is so obvious that it scares him.

 

 

Since it is still so early in the morning and they have about an hour and a half before their breakfast date with everyone, Lyn decides to make them some tea that is provided at the pantry of the room. She also cuts an apple and a pear for them to start their day. Kyungsoo is at the balcony looking at the view. He is inhaling the morning breeze which is very fresh. He is mesmerized by the peaceful view in front of him that he doesn’t realize his wife is calling him. She goes out to the balcony wearing her cardigan and a black shawl to cover her hair. She is amazed by that beautiful view of the town. She looks at the husband who is so immersed with the view. “Kyungsoo ssi..” She calls him again as she hugs him from behind. He is surprised by her voice calling him and also the hug. “Sweetheart, are you okay?” He asks her. He has been confused how her personality has changed a bit. He is curious of what is bothering her. “I am fine. Are you uncomfortable with me hugging you like this? I am sorry.” She asks because she realizes how he is only standing still right now. He seems like he doesn’t like it. But she doesn’t wait for an answer. She goes straight to the room leaving him there. “OMG! What have I done?” He says to himself. He runs to the room and grabs her hand before holding her tight. She is surprised. “I am sorry.” He whispers. She tries to let herself go but he tightens the hold. “I am really sorry.” He whispers again. Thanks to all her hidden skills, she manages to let herself go from the hug. He looks at her in disbelief. “Why are you apologizing?” She asks him with her confused expression. “I thought you were mad at me.” He says it directly. She looks at him weirdly. “Why should I?” She asks. “Isn’t it because I might seem uncomfortable with the hug earlier?” He mentions it. She laughs. “Kyungsoo ssi, you don’t have to apologize for something that you are not wrong. It is definitely okay for you to feel uncomfortable. Just be honest with me. So I won’t be doing it anymore. I am not mad.” She says still laughing. “But why did you run inside?” He asks her. “Oh, I just remembered that I was boiling the water for our tea. So I went inside to check. It really is ready.” She says pointing at the water boiler. He exhales as his assumption was totally wrong. He always forgets how Lyn’s way of thinking is not similar with others.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter