Eleventh Episode

The Unwanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

7 months have passed since the first day Lyn came to the Do Lin café. She still remembers how everybody was happily welcoming her, the second day she arrived in Korea after the marriage. Yes. Mr Do and Mrs Do made sure Kyungsoo brought her to the café that day. They made a small welcoming party for her to introduce her to the whole DoLin’s family. Since then, she’s been coming to the café every weekend if she is not tied with any appointments, meetings and discussions. Working with EXO somehow restricts her time because of the many offers come here and there for them. Many companies in and outside Korea show their interest in working with EXO, it’s either working with them as a team or individually. That’s why sometimes the meetings need to be done during the weekends especially when things are related to international activities.

 

 

Last weekend, Lyn couldn’t come to the café because she was assigned to a meeting with a team from Canada for EXO upcoming concert tour there. They needed to decide the right time and venue for the concert as it will be the very first time EXO goes there for a concert. Canadian ExoLs have been sending requests for that and it is finally decided. They managed to solve the problems well and the discussion ended well. The next meetings will be held by only video conference meeting, so that the team doesn’t have to fly to Korea just to discuss.

 

 

That is why Lyn makes sure that she comes to the café this week. She wants to see her parents in law and at the same time, she can offer some helps. She knows that they have more than enough workers in the café to help them but she insists to come. For her, being in the café eases her stress because she got to see the friendly DoLin’s family. It’s always fun spending time with them. There are times where she helped with the closing too. Of course Mrs Do will get mad at her but its better rather than spending the quiet weekends by herself at home. Mrs Do is worried that her daughter in law overworks her body. Lyn convinces her that she really is okay. Only then, she gives her the greenlight to stay longer.

 

 

As usual, Lyn will leave the apartment at 9 in the morning to go to the café. She normally grabs a taxi but today she wants to go there by train. She plans to buy some new socks in the underground kiosk. She always buys her socks there for the cute varieties of choices and they always have the buy 10 and got two free offer. She walks around for a bit with a plastic bag full with her choice of socks. 10 minutes later, she is already in the train on her way to the café. After 5 stops, she needs to walk for about 15 minutes before she arrives at the café. Two things about being in Korea that she really likes are, the public transportation is convenient and the culture of walking from place to another is normal here. She kills two birds with one stone. She can walk sightseeing and lose some weights at the same time. After months staying in Korea, from size M, now she can easily fit size S. She never ever dares to dream about that before but she got surprised when an assistant in a boutique she went gave her a size S long dress to try. Amazingly, the dress looks good on her and it doesn’t even stick to her body which is perfect. It’s the power of walking.

 

 

The café starts working as early as 7 in the morning. So by the time she arrives at the café, she can see only few available tables and seats. Most of them come there for a breakfast or just to read some nice books. She pushes the transparent glass door open and greets them with a smile. All of the male staffs greet her back with a happy face, while the female staffs run to her and give her a quick hug. They are aware of her status as Kyungsoo’s wife and the daughter in law of the family. They really like her because she is sweet and polite. She is friendly and never treats them badly. She is always smiling. She treats them like a family. That is why the mood in the café will be brightened when she is around. She is someone that is comfortable to be with. “Hello! How’s everyone?” She asks. “Hello Lyn ssi. We’re good.” They answer almost at the same time. “Wonderful! Where is omeonim and abeonim? They are not in yet?” She asks the youngest waitress, Hyeri. “They are inside the office, unnie. They arrived an hour ago.” Hyeri answers. “Oh. Okay. Thanks Hyeri. I’ll talk to you later.” She pats Hyeri’s shoulder and leaves for the office.

 

 

She quietly goes to the office and when other staffs see her, she puts her point finger on her lips as a gesture asking them to keep it low. They nod and smile. She winks at them as a thank you sign. When she sees her parents in law, she rushes to them and hugs Mrs Do from behind. She got really surprised. Mr Do almost spills his coffee. “Hello omeonim. Hi abeonim. Hehe. Sorry.” She greets them with a guilty smile. Mrs Do holds Lyn’s hands on her waist and looks for her face. “Aigoo. This naughty Princess. What are you doing here? Didn’t I tell you that you don’t have to come when you’re busy? You should get some rest.” She says to Lyn. Mr Do only smiles at the women in front of him. “Yes, you did tell me that. I am here because I am not busy. I don’t really have anything to do at home. That’s why I am here. At least I can see both of you and others.” Lyn explains to them. “Just let her be, honey. If she insists to help around, we can just lock her upstairs with some books.” Mr Do says patting Lyn’s head. Lyn laughs, so does Mrs do. “Great idea!” Lyn says with a clap. “Just go upstairs, I will ask Hyeri to bring you some peach tea and croissants.” Mrs Do suggests an idea. “Later omeonim. I will go upstairs later.” Lyn smiles at Mrs Do showing her two dimples right and left.

 

 

Three of them are sitting at the seating area in the office. “How’s work? Is everything okay?” Mr Do asks his one and only daughter in law for now. “Work abeonim? It’s fun. Being busy is normal but I really enjoy doing it.” Lyn answers it looking at him. He nods. “Good. When you enjoy your work, you will be just fine. Does Kyungsoo treat you well Princess?” He asks another repeated question. He always asks this same question every time Lyn comes to the café. Lyn smiles at them. “There you go again abeonim. Hehe. Yes, he treats me really well. It’s just that we don’t really get to see each other that often. He is one of the busiest artists in SM right now. Do you miss him abeonim?” Lyn asks him trying to change the topic. “I just want to make sure that he really treats you well. You only have us here in Korea. So I want everybody to treat you well especially him as he is your husband. I miss him every day but as he would give me a call once in a while, I think that is more than enough. He called me earlier this morning. He told me he might come here today. Before I forget, I got something for you. Wait here for a while.” Mr Do leaves her with his wife and goes out of the office.

 

 

“Does he really treat you well Lyn?” Mrs Do asks her again grabbing her right hand. Lyn smiles at her worried mother in law. “Aigoo omeonim. Trust me. He really treats me well. You should at least trust him. He is your son.” Lyn responds to her question. “Hehe. I trust him. But please tell me if he ever hurts you. He is not good at expressing himself. The last time he was in a relationship was when he was still in school. That was his first love but that girl left him with a broken heart. Ever since that, he never involves in any relationship until he told me about you. You don’t know how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter