Nineteenth Episode

The Unwanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The next weekend, Kyungsoo is given a three day off by the company. He doesn’t have any filming or recording to do. All the EXO members are given the same off days and usually they all go to different ways spending the valuable holidays. Kyungsoo is in his apartment enjoying his first of his three days off. They just finished their breakfast and now Kyungsoo is all alone in the living room watching the news. Lyn is in their home office, she needs to send an important email to the company. They need it urgent, so even today is her supposedly off day, she has to work. Thinking about their relationship, Lyn is more comfortable to spend time alone with him. She doesn’t look as awkward as during their early days of marriage. He is thankful for that.


Kyungsoo looks at his vibrated phone. He takes it from the coffee table and looks at the screen. It is a call from his mother, Mrs Do. He answers it right away. “Hello omeoni! How are you?” He greets her. He can hear her laughter. She sounds so excited. “Hello Kyungsoo ya. I am great.  How about you? Where are you right now?” She asks about her youngest son. “I am wonderful omeoni. I am actually home right now. I am given a three days off. So I am just resting at the moment while watching TV.” He shares the information with his mother. “Oh, that’s great. Is Lyn home?” She asks. “Yeah, she is currently in the office. She needs to do some urgent works. We just finished our breakfast. Have you eaten your breakfast?” He asks her out of concern. “Yeah, we had our breakfast earlier today. Your abeoji, he has to eat breakfast early or else he won’t have the energy to do his endless work.” Mrs Do tells him. Kyungsoo laughs as he imagines his father being grumpy when he doesn’t get to eat his breakfast on time. He always reminds them the importance of breakfast which Kyungsoo agrees to. “What’s up omeoni? Why are you calling me? Is everything allright?” He asks just to confirm. “Oh, right! I forgot what I wanted to tell you earlier. Your father and I are throwing a small party tomorrow for the café’s staffs. The café won’t be operating tomorrow and the next day. I just want to make them some foods and let them rest for a while. Do you have time to join tomorrow?” She finally tells him her real intention calling him. “I think I am fine with it because I don’t really have anything to do. I’ll be there plus it’s been a while since the last time I met them.” He answers giving a positive answer. “How about Lyn? Do you think she can join too? Can you ask her on my behalf? But don’t force her, okay? She might have important appointment tomorrow. It will be great if she can join but if not, it’s okay, I understand.” Mrs Do explains. “I’ll have to ask her first because I don’t know if she has to work tomorrow or not. I’ll call you again later omeoni.” He wants to ask his wife first. “Okay, good. Send my regards to her. I’ll see you tomorrow Kyungsoo ya.” She ends the call.


Kyungsoo leaves the living room and goes to the cinema room where the mini office is. He slowly opens the door. He goes inside and sees his wife is still on her computer while checking on her phone. He just sits there quietly and waits for her to finish her work. He grabs one of her books and starts reading. Few minutes later he can hear Lyn is calling him. “Kyungsoo ssi, what are you doing there?” She is standing by the sliding door separating the two rooms. “Oh, I was just waiting for you to finish your work.” He closes the book and puts it back on the shelf. “Really? How long have you been waiting? I am sorry. I didn’t even realize that you’re here with me.” She looks guilty. “He shakes his head. “It’s okay. It’s not even 10 minutes. Are you done?” He asks. Lyn nods and stands in front of him. “Yeah, I sent them the email and they promise me that they won’t disturb me for the next two days. It’s a payment for making me work today. Isn’t it great?” She informs him with a big smile. She leaves the room and he follows behind. He looks at his wife. She only wears a simple white T-shirt and matches it with a knee long pink skirt. She looks good in it. 


They both enter the kitchen. Lyn grabs a jug of fresh orange juice and fills two glasses in front of her. She carefully pushes one of them to Kyungsoo. “What is the matter Kyungsoo ssi?” He sips on it. “Oh, omeoni called me earlier. She asked me if you’re free tomorrow because they want to make a small party for the staffs. She invites us over. I am okay with the plan because I am given off days. Are you okay with it?” He asks his wife. She quickly nods. “Yeah, of course. Since I am also given two days off, I don’t really have anything to do tomorrow. Is Seungsoo oppa coming?” She asks him. “Yeah, hyung will be there tomorrow after he is done with his meeting in the morning. He can’t cancel it because it is a meeting with a client from Jeju.” He answers. “Okay, do you think abeonim and omeonim need some help? They must have a lot to prepare for the party tomorrow.” She tells him her worries. He thinks for a while and an idea pops in his mind. He carefully delivers it to her. “Are you okay if we sleep over at my parents’ home tonight? At least we can help them with the preparation and we don’t have to rush there tomorrow. What do you think?” He gives her space to think. Lyn takes her time thinking about his suggestion. She looks so serious while pouting. She then looks at his side. She smiles. “It’s a great idea. Let me get my phone. I want to let them know about our plan. She wants to leave but Kyungsoo pulls her stopping her. He takes his phone out from his sweater. “Just use mine. The password is 6512.” He shares his phone’s password. “Thank you.” She gets the phone and immediately dials Mrs Do’s number.


Mrs Do answers the call she is receiving from her son. “Hello omeonim?” She can hear Lyn’s voice over there. She checks her phone just to make sure she doesn’t hear wrongly. It really is from her son, not her daughter in law. “Lyn? Is that you sweetheart?” She asks. Lyn laughs. She knows why her mother in law reacting that way. “Yes, it’s me omeonim. It is Kyungsoo ssi’s phone. He lets me use it.” She explains. “Oh, I thought I got it wrong. I even checked my phone few times. Haha. How are you sweetie?” She asks her daughter in law. “Hehe. I am so sorry for making you surprised. I am wonderful omeonim. I just want to tell you that both of us are free to join the party tomorrow.” She informs her right away. Kyungsoo just sits next to her listening to his wife talking to his mother. “That’s great. I’ll see you guys tomorrow then.” Mrs Do replies. “Not tomorrow omeonim. Emm, is it okay for us to sleep over tonight?” She hesitantly asks. “OMG! Seriously? You don’t have to ask for my permission to sleep here. You’re always welcomed. You know that both Kyungsoo and Seungsoo still have their own bedrooms here, right? What time are you coming later?” She excitedly asks. “Wait a minute omeonim. Let me ask Kyungsoo ssi first.” She looks at her side where her husband is sitting. “What time are we going there later?” She asks him. He thinks for a while. He takes the phone from Lyn and puts it on the counter. He puts the phone on speaker mode so both of them can talk to his mother simultaneously. “Omeoni, it’s Kyungsoo. I think we’ll be there the latest early tonight.” He tells her. “Oh, okay then. I’ll let your abeoji knows about it. He will be excited.” She replies laughing. “Omeonim? Do you need anything for tomorrow? Maybe we can buy it for you later and bring it there.” Lyn offers. “Thanks for the offer sweetie. Your dad forgot to buy the paper plates and cups yesterday. He only bought the plastic forks and spoons. Can you get them for me?” She asks for their help. “Of course omeonim. Do you need something else?” She asks again making sure. “Nope, that is it for now. I will give you guys a call if I suddenly need something. I’ll see you guys later. Drive carefully later Kyungsoo ya. You have my daughter in law next to you in the car.” She reminds Kyungsoo. “And she is my wife omeoni. Don’t worry, I’ll drive nicely later.” They end the call. Lyn smiles listening to their cute conversation, Kyungsoo looks different when he is with his family. He is a lot more considerate and warm when he is with them. Lyn likes looking that side of Kyungsoo. He looks just like a next door male friend.


Lyn unknowingly smiles. Kyungsoo looks at her after putting the phone back in his sweater. “Why are you smiling Lyn?” He asks out of curiosity. “It’s nothing. I just find you have a very cute relationship with your parents. Anyways, what do you want to eat for lunch later? I can cook it for you.” She asks for their lunch menu today. She normally asks for his opinions when Kyungsoo is around. She knows it well how he can’t really eat home cooked meals when he is busy working. For someone who loves to eat like Kyungsoo, he enjoys eating meals cooked at home. That’s why

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter