Fifty Eighth Episode

The Unwanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Good morning sweetheart.” Kyungsoo whispers to his wife who is still sleeping soundly. It is only 5 in the morning. Lyn slowly opens her eyes. She looks for the voice. “Kyungsoo ssi?” She asks looking so puzzled at the view in front of her. “Yes, it is me sayang. I miss you so much.” He hugs his wife who is still lying down. She is surprised to feel the sudden weight on top of her body. When she is fully awake, she rubs his back hugging him back. “What time is it now? Why are you here?” She asks him because as far as she knows, he was not home last night. He had to stay at their dorm because they had something to discuss on the upcoming tour. As far as she remembers, she was sleeping alone in her bedroom last night. “It is only 5. I am here to see you.” He lets her go but he is still there staring at his beautiful wife. Lyn is smiling listening to his reason. “Didn’t you say that you will just see me in my office later? You do have something to film with EXO today, right?” She asks touching his face. His hand is still holding her waist. “I know but I just couldn’t sleep last night. I could barely sleep for two hours. I woke up at 4 and I decided to just drive back home. I will see them later. I love you sweetheart.” He says planting a kiss on her forehead. “This is such a beautiful surprise.” She says trying to sit. Kyungsoo helps pulling her so the both of them are now sitting on her bed. “It is your first day going back to work and also it is our second anniversary of our first meeting at the airport. It is Pepero day today.” Kyungsoo says giving her their favorite hazelnut flavoured Pepero. She looks at the Pepero and she can’t help but to smile wider. “Thank you dear husband.” She says before pulling the drawer of her side table. “I got one for you too. Happy Perero day.” She actually prepares one too for him. “Thank you sweetheart.” He pulls her into a warm hug.

 

 

When Kyungsoo is washing the dishes that they used for breakfast, he hears Lyn’s phone ringing. “Sweetheart, it is your phone.” He calls his wife letting her know while he is rinsing the final plates. Lyn’s phone is on the coffee table in their living room. She comes running towards her husband with her untied long hair that she just finished drying with hair dryer. She didn’t hear the phone ringing, she just heard his voice when she was done drying. “Yes, Kyungsoo ssi?” She asks. He turns around. He is dumbfounded to see her that mesmerizing. He forgot what to say for a few seconds. “Oh, your phone, it was ringing earlier.” He tells her soon after that. She goes to see who was calling her. She smiles upon looking at the caller. She returns the missed call. “Hello oppa, I am sorry i didn’t answer the phone earlier. Why did you call?” She asks the one who is answering her call. Kyungsoo comes closer to see who she is speaking to. “Oh okay. Drive carefully. I’ll see you later.” She ends the call. “Who was that?” He asks her. “It’s Seungjae oppa. They will be here in twenty to thirty minutes time. It depends on the traffic.” She answers him. He nods. He places his hand around her waist pulling her closer. With another hand touching her hair, Kyungsoo is smiling lovingly at his wife. “Why are you so beautiful today?” He says to her. Lyn giggles. “I think I look that way to you because of your love for me. Thanks!” She says to him. He looks at her asking for an explanation. “People say your loved ones always look beautiful in front of you as they shine nicely because of the love and attention they receive.” She explains to him. He nods. “How do I look?” He asks. “You always look beautiful because you are loved by many. Go count how many fans do you have?” She says teasing him. She goes to her room to get ready. He follows behind.

 

 

“Sweetheart, how was the Lee family? You met them last week, right?” Kyungsoo asks sitting close to where Lyn is standing. She is wearing her shawl. “They were wonderful. They didn’t expect that I would come to visit them. They were all mad at me because they wanted me to take a rest at home. They were worried if something bad would happen to me. It took me a while to convince them that I was totally fine. They sent you their regards. They said thank you so much for buying bags of gogumas from them. Why did you buy a lot?” She asks him. “I craved for some and at that time, I was filming for an advertisement I think. So I thought gogumas would be great for snacks. So I went there and bought some. By the way, when did you start supporting them financially?” He has been hesitating to ask but he finally did. Lyn who never shared anything about it with anyone is surprised to hear that question. She looks at him through the reflection of the mirrow. “How do you know?” She asks. “They told me when they came to visit you three months ago. They were obviously disappointed at me for treating you poorly. I don’t blame them. It was the unforgiven mistakes I did in my life. They told me everything after that. I was really surprised because I never knew about it. How did it start?” He asks her wanting to know more. “I just wanted to share what I have with someone who deserves it. They are like a family to me. The wonderful people I met by coincidence who treat me like they have known me for years. Helping them is just the right thing to do.” She says before she is back to get ready to the office mode. She believes she answers enough.

 

 

Kyungsoo comes to hug her from behind. “I am so proud of you. You’re beautiful in and out. I am so lucky to have you. Can I join you helping them?” He suggests. That is actually one of the main reason he asked her about it. “That will be great.” She responds smiling widely. She plants a kiss on his cheek. “Should we open a bank account for them? They can use it for some kind of emergency.” He shares more. “That is a very good idea Kyungsoo ssi.” She honestly says her mind. “But I think before doing anything, we should go and meet them. I know you have such a good intention but let’s hear what they say. They have the right to accept it or not.” She adds more. He nods. “I agree. Let’s go eat goguma when both of us are available. Okay sweetheart? I believe you will start to be very busy from today onwards.” He says to her looking at their reflection in the mirror. “It is always busy when it comes to work but I believe I am all good.” She says before applying her favorite strawberry flavoured lip balm. “You are really good at that and I have no doubts. But you know what, I am the one who is feeling so excited because you are going to start working again and I can already express my feelings for you any time. Isn’t that wonderful?” He says looking at her with a very big smile on his face. Her round big eyes are just an indication that she agrees with him. “You’re right. I hope there is nothing you are hiding from me anymore. But if there is something still hidden from me, I hope you can reconsider to come clean soon.” She says looking all serious. Kyungsoo stands in front of her. He touches her face. “There is nothing left. I have told you everything. But if suddenly I remember something, I will let you know. Okay?” He says to her. She nods. “Okay Kyungsoo ssi, I think I have to leave now or else I will be late for work and I don’t want that to happen on the first day I am coming back.” She says pulling his right hand planting a kiss there. “I forgot to remind you.” He says before kissing her. “That maybe you should apply your lip balm in the car on your way to work because I am not going to let you leave me without kissing you bye bye.” He continues his word after. Lyn laughs at his direct comment. “Okay Nampyeon nim.” She says hugging him before she goes to get her shoes. “I will see you later sweetheart. Happy working. I love you so much.” He says planting a kiss on her forehead by their apartment’s entrance. “Thank you. Fighting for today’s schedule.” She says before opening the door and she waves at him goodbye.

 

 

“Are these the gifts that Kyungsoo ssi mentioned to me oppadeul?” Lyn asks her assistants as she enters her office. She is welcomed by two large size boxes of stuffs. “Yeah, we forgot to tell you on the day itself. So we just brought it here as Kyungsoo asked us to. I think everyone or if not, almost everyone left you with something on the fan meeting. You can take your time going through everything later.” Jeongmin says to her placing handful of Peperos she received earlier when she went out of the car entering the SM building. Some ExoLs were waiting for her to welcome her back to work. She never shared about it to public but maybe they found out about the info somewhere. She is touched at how accepting they are towards her existence. She approaches the boxes. She can see so many cute teddy bears and varieties of chocolates. She can see some letters and cards that she is excited to read. “For this morning, you don’t have anything in your schedule but later at 11, you have a meeting with Miss Kang Ha Yoon at the SM Café downstairs. I am not sure what it is all about because she didn’t mention it. And at 1.30pm, you have another meeting with a director and script writer. That is it for today. Welcome back to work. I am so happy to be able to work again with you.” Seungjae says to her. “I am super happy for being able to get back to work. Thank you so much for always staying by my side. I will give you a call if I need any help. Go eat your breakfast. I hope you enjoy it.” She says to them. As usual, when she has extra time, she definitely makes something for them to eat. “Your food is always good. Thank you for this. Just call us if you need us.” Jeongmin says before she is left alone in the office.

 

 

Lyn is busy reading all the reports of projects that EXO did when she was not around just to make sure that she is not clueless when it is mentioned in the upcoming meetings. In just three months, EXO has worked with more than five new brands and they will be working with more in the future. The reports and the feedbacks of the products they have become the face of are so far so good which is nice. It is also stated that the particular companies have received a very big profits if they compared it before working with EXO. They have also sent a new proposal to make EXO their ambassadors again for next year but that needs to wait for now. She is too immersed reading the reports that she forgets she has a meeting in ten minutes. “Lyn, are you ready to go?” Seungjae reminds her about the meeting. She is surprised to be suddenly called. “Oh, is it time already? Let me get my planner and phone. Okay, let’s go. Thanks for reminding me.” She says leaving her room locked. She puts the key inside her pocket. The three of them leave the area heading to the SM Café which is situated at the ground floor of this building. Jeongmin has booked a private room for the meeting today. When they arrive, there is still no one in that room. Lyn is glad because she didn’t make anyone waited for her. She prefers waiting than being waited for. She takes her seat before looking at the menu on the table. They normally do meeting over brunch or lunch when they have meeting around that hour. Killing two birds with one stone is definitely needed in their busy days of working. “Oppadeul, what do you want to eat for lunch?” She asks showing them the menu. All three of them have picked their chosen menu. They wait for the clients to come and let them choose theirs.

 

 

“Hello! I am sorry for being late. The traffic was really bad because a car accident happened on our way here.” One of the two women informs them entering the room. “Oh, no, it is okay. It is still early. Please have a seat and this is the menu, please choose so that we can eat before the meeting.” Lyn passes the menu to the two women sitting in front of her. Once they have chosen their foods, Seungjae places an order leaving Jeongmin behind with Lyn and the clients. The two women somehow look very nervous and Lyn can easily detect that. She even feels this weird tense from them since they arrive earlier. She knows that something is strange but she is going to wait before doing any judgement. They start eating their foods before the meeting starts. “How was the food?”Lyn asks the two women that have not spoken anything yet to break the ice. “It was delicious. Thank you so much for treating us lunch.” One of them replies to Lyn. “You’re welcome. So without wasting any time, let’s just go straight to our main topic today. I am Lyn. It is rare for a meeting to be held without any preproposed topics or agendas, so honestly I have no idea at all. Could you please introduce yourself and then we start the discussion? What say you?” Lyn starts the meeting. “I am Choi Ji Yoo and this is my friend, Kang Ha Yoon.” They introduce their names for the first time. “I am Kyungsoo’s ex girlfriend.” Ha Yoon continues soon after that. Lyn nods. “Hi Ji Yoo ssi and Ha Yoon ssi. May I know the agenda for this meeting?” She asks without changing her facial expression. She is not affected at all by the unnecessary introduction by Ha Yoon. It seems like she knows what is going on. Seungjae and Jeongmin have started to feel something is wrong with the two women when she mentioned about being in a relationship with Kyungsoo in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter