Twenty Seventh Episode

The Unwanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Congratulation boys! You guys successfully wrapped up all the activities for your debut in Canada. We are so proud of you. I know how hard you guys work for this. It is totally worth all the sweats and tears.” Mr Noh says to Chen, Baekhyun and Xiumin who just finished their fan meeting with ExoLs. This project has started months ago and it finally became a reality. “Thanks to the whole team for making all the efforts just to make sure we can achieve our dream. You guys are the best. To the backup dancers, you guys have worked so hard practising with us. To our manager hyung and noona, you never rest until the end. And to Lyn, who has been so patient teaching us English. It feels like a dream now that we can speak with our fans with full English without any interpreters. You give us the way to be proud of ourselves with our hidden talents. You have done a lot for us. I hope that one day we can repay that.” Xiumin says to the whole team who are having dinner together in the hotel. They decide to just celebrate the wrap up party with the team in their hotel so that they can immediately rest after that.

 

 

Lyn is taking a break in her hotel room. She is star gazing at that time. She took a long warm bath once she got back from the dinner. She feels so fresh right now. She is sitting on the chair in the balcony sipping on her hot tea. Looking at the stars and the moon makes her feel like she is close to her family because no matter where she goes, she knows that they all are looking at the same stars and moon. So it’s one of her therapy when she is suddenly attacked by a disease called homesickness just like right now. When she has nothing to do, she can’t help but to think about her future. The marriage will come to an end soon so she has to be prepared. To be honest, she is fine with it but she knows that her family will be hurt by their separation. It will be shocking because she never tells them anything. The secret is remained unknown to her family. How she wishes that she could stop the divorce but to stay living with a man who doesn’t love her for the rest of her life is not a great option either. It’s better to live a single life and spend it with her family rather than living as an unwanted wife.

 

 

The phone in the room rings. Lyn rushes inside to answer it. “Hello Lyn. It’s Jae Rin unnie. Are you sleeping?” Jae Rin greets her when the call is answered. “Oh, it’s you unnie. No, I am not sleeping yet. I believe it’s the jetlag. I was just star gazing. Why do you call me unnie? Do you need my help?” Lyn asks her. “Yeah, can you come to my room right now? I need your help on something. But if you’re already sleepy, we can just talk tomorrow.” Jae Rin says to her. “No, I am all awake right now. I am not sleepy yet. I’ll change my clothes first then I’ll go to your room. I’ll be there in maybe 10 minutes. Are you okay with that unnie?” Lyn asks her. “Yeah, I am totally fine with that. I’ll see you. By the way, my room number is 905. Don’t knock the wrong room.” Jae Rin teases her. “Haha. I was about to ask. Okay, I will knock the room number 905. See you unnie.” She ends the call. She goes to the wardrobe and opens it. She looks for an outfit to wear. She chooses a black T-shirt and a pair of black palazzo. She matches it with a creamy silk cardigan and a simple black shawl. She looks at the mirror and smiles to herself. She is wearing almost all black except for the cardigan and her pink sneakers. Before leaving her room, she grabs her phone and the key.

 

 

Jae Rin’s room is actually only few rooms away from Lyn’s. So she only needs to walk for a minute or two before she stands in front of the room number 905. She presses the bell. A few seconds later, Jae Rin is already standing there opening the door for her. “Unnie, I am here.” Lyn greets her. “Come in princess.” Jae Rin gives her the way to enter her room. “Thanks. What can I help you with unnie?” Lyn asks right away. Jae Rin laughs. She grabs Lyn’s right hand and pulls her to the living room. “Here. Help me with this.” She points at one side. Lyn turns to look at it. She is surprised to see the people who are waiting for them. She can see Baekhyun, Xiumin, Chen, Seungjae, Jeongmin and Mr Noh are sitting there looking at us. “What is going on unnie?” She asks for an explanation. “Take a seat first Lyn. You will know about it soon.”Jae Rin says to her. Lyn takes a seat on the single sofa next to Jeongmin. “Lyn noona. I know this is so sudden. I ask help from all of them to invite you over. Actually all of us overheard your conversation with Noh hyung and Jae Rin noona on the flight few days ago. We were not sleeping. We heard the whole story. We’re really sorry about that.” Baekhyun starts the conversation. Lyn only smiles at him. “You don’t have to say sorry. It’s not really a secret now. So why do we need this meeting?” Lyn asks them with her calm tone as usual. Xiumin clears his throat taking the responsible to explain to her. “Well actually, we have so many questions to ask about what happened. Since we heard everything, we want to know few more things. So we thought the best way is to ask it directly to you.” Lyn nods. “That is a very nice way of thinking oppa.” She comments.

 

 

“We were surprised to see the bruise on you when we met you at the airport but we were more surprised to learn about what happened that day on the flight. The Do family that we know is not like that. It was like we were listening to a different family. We were more disappointed in Kyungsoo. That is definitely not the Kyungsoo we know.” Chen says. “I don’t think you should put the blame on Kyungsoo ssi. He sure doesn’t want this to happen. I think both of us didn’t think thoroughly of what might happen.” Lyn replies to him. “What do you mean noona?” Chen asks for a further explanation. “This is related to what both Kyungsoo ssi and I discussed on our wedding night.” She continues. “What did you discuss?” Baekhyun asks. “But before that, can we share everything that you explain to us tonight to the other members?” Xiumin asks. Lyn thinks for a while. “I think I prefer if they hear everything from my own mouth. So that nothing is misinterpreted or misunderstood. You know sensitive issues like these are very dangerous.” Lyn answers. “I agree with that. Shall we give them a call hyung?” Baekhyun asks for Mr Noh’s opinion. He nods. “Yeah, it’s better that way so that Lyn doesn’t have to explain or answer it many times. I think they are free right now. They are at home. They just finished filming for a cf this morning. It’s lunch time in Korea right now. It should be fine. Mr Noh takes out his notebook and tries to make a video conference call to Chanyeol. After a few minutes, they got connected.

 

 

“Hi guys! Congratulation!” Everyone in the dorm congratulates them at the same time. “Thanks guys. We are here with Lyn noona and everyone.” Chen says to them. “Hello noona. Fighting!” Sehun says standing at the very front. “Ya, you’re blocking the view. Sit here.” Suho says to the youngest member. Lyn only smiles. Chanyeol intentionally gathers the five members in the living room so that they can do the video conference call comfortably using the big screen. The five members are Lay, Suho, Chanyeol, Kai and Sehun. Kyungsoo is nowhere to be seen. Isn’t it weird to have him when they are about to discuss Lyn’s current condition with his family? Anyways, they are all looking at Lyn so that she can start talking. “I think we can start now as everybody is all ready to listen to my side of story. Yeah, I won’t be sharing our side of story. Our means my life with Kyungsoo ssi. I think it’s unfair for me to talk about that when he is not here with us. So I’ll be sharing the things that have been happening in my life alone. Lyn’s side of story might differ than Kyungsoo ssi’s side of story. So if you guys want to know the whole story, you can ask him to tell you guys everything. Okay? I am not going to do it on his behalf. He knows better about himself and I don’t want to assume and give you an unsure judgement. He is still my husband afterall. And I do respect him.” Lyn starts the conversation by telling them what can be expected and what not. She hopes that they can understand. “First of all, I will give everyone the chance to ask any questions. I will be answering it as much as I know. And could you please promise me that whatever I share today will be kept only between us. Do not spread any news and do not share it with anybody else because I believe five of you in Korea and all of us here in Canada, these people are the only ones who know completely what is going on between me and Kyungsoo ssi. So if you have any further questions after this, please contact me right away and ask. You can do the same to Kyungsoo ssi because only the both of us know the details of our relationship. Okay?” Lyn asks them to promise. “Don’t worry noona. We will keep this secret. We promise.” Kai convinces her. “Thanks.” She replies. And all others give the same response as Kai’s.

 

 

“Okay, shall we start with the questions? Who’s going to ask me that very first question?” Lyn opens the Q&A session. “Let me ask the very first question. Lyn, you always look so calm and even now, when the Do family has started to treat you badly, you still remain as calm as you have always been. Why are you so calm? What’s the secret?” Suho asks her. “Well, the secret of staying calm is to accept everything that is written for you either it’s good or bad. You should know that in every situation, you will be given one or more ways out. In my situation right now, I should say that it is predictable that I will lose that family one day. They are not mine from the very beginning. You know like I am just a replacement for something real in the future. I am the fake one. They are not meant to be mine. My existence in that family is just temporary. And I am aware of that since my wedding night. It is just that I forgot to put a wall between my relationships with them. I put a big wall between me and Kyungsoo ssi when he told me that he didn’t love me. I totally forgot that the Do family comes as a package with Kyungsoo ssi. It’s not their fault to treat me badly. Even if you put your shoes in theirs, are you sure you won’t do the same? This girl that you have been treating nicely is actually just a pretender. She just pretends to be your son’s wife when in fact, she doesn’t love him. She has been acting all this while to hide her real intention from the family. This girl who you thought will carry your grandchildren actually has no intentions to give birth to any of them. She doesn’t even let your son to touch her because she doesn’t want to get pregnant. This girl that you thought her first meeting with your son was during their wedding day but actually she already met him before that. This girl that you thought her sweet side and her love for your family was real but it was actually not. How would you feel towards this girl? Let me hear your honest answer.” Lyn stops for a while to give them space to think. “If that happens to me, I will be very disappointed.” Kai answers. Lyn nods. “I will be mad at her.” Sehun replies. “I don’t think I can see her again after that.” Mr Noh says to her. “I feel like I will start to hate her for lying to me all this while. Like I love her but she is only pretending that whole time. I don’t think I can forgive her,” Jae Rin shares her thought. Lyn nods and smiles at them upon hearing their answers which equivalent to what happened in her in law’s family.

 

 

“Right? So, my parents in law’s response to me was actually normal and they had the whole right to hate me right now. They are not at fault at all. You guys may stop put the blame on them because all your answers just now were what they were feeling. Being lied to is not something fun. That is why they are so mad at me. Now you guys understand why I am still defending them, right? It is because they are not wrong. They are doing what people being cheated should be doing. Their response is absolutely normal. So please stop blaming them. They are innocent.” Lyn explains to them to make them realize what is actually going on. “But you had no ill intention towards them. You were not pretending all this while. You really love them. You really treat them like your own family.” Lay says to her. Lyn nods. “You’re correct. You are absolutely right. But do they know that? No, they don’t know. That is why they react that way.” She replies to him. “It’s their fault for not giving you any chance to explain yourself.” Chanyeol says to her. “One of the answers earlier was you don’t want to see that girl anymore, right? So how can they give me the chance to explain myself when they didn’t have any chance to do so? Do you get me now?” Lyn asks looking at them one by one. They become so quiet. After a while, they all nod. Lyn continues. “Though I feel like this is the golden chance for the family to accept Ahn So Ra ssi in their family, I still want them to forgive me before I leave. I want them to remember me as a good memory not the painful one. Though I am not their real daughter in law, I want them to know that my love for them is real. I never pretend to love them. I don’t think I ever pretend in front of them. I never really show our non-existence love in front of them. I just normally go with the flow. I respect Kyungsoo ssi as my husband and I treat him as one. Now that I think about it, I never pretend to be a good wife because all I did was my responsibility as a wife. My parents told me before I got married to him that they understood if I take much time to fall in love with him but I should not give any excuses to not treat him like a husband. As a wife, I must cherish and take a good care of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter