Make You Nervous?

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You jerked from a loud ringing in the library. When you realized the sound was booming from your pocket, you scrambled to grab your phone out to switch the sound off. You had been on a break from sweeping; a very long break too, and maybe fell asleep, with your eyes open of course.

Truthfully, you’d been daydreaming about the memories of Minghao from yesterday. Embarrassingly, this was the first time you actually thought about him that way. The awe that still lingered in the pit of your stomach nudged you, encouraging you to reminisce him in an odd and indescribable way. Like the way his white headband that was soaked in sweat painted across your skin. Or the way his strong arms held you tightly against his masculine body. Then, there were his dark eyes and the way they glowed when he looked at you.

You’d been trying to overlook it but his memories were slowly imprinting themselves like permanent tattoos onto your skin.

The vibration and buzzing of your phone within your hands tugged at your conscience, reminding you that the call was still waiting.

“Hello?” you answered, your voice hoarse like you had just woken up.

“Don’t tell me you’ve decided to stand me up,”

You rolled your eyes as you shot up from the dark blue comfortable chair you were in.

“Where are you?” you inquired as you snatched your broom that had fallen onto the carpeted floor.

 

You stood in front of the small theatre room and stared at the sliding doors that were still shut. Your eyes darted left and right before your head did.

“This better not be a trick,” you murmured in annoyance. A breath of frustration accumulated in your chest and when you finally let it out, as if it had powers, the doors slid open.

From that moment, you were unable to remember Minghao or your irritation. Candles, with fake flickering fires, lined the walkway inviting you towards the stage. A beam of light shined at Wonwoo, allowing him to be the only person in your world. Then like a ignorant fly drawn to a dangerous flame, you entered and the doors slid shut behind you.

From where you stood, you could see his uniform shine like brilliant colored glass in sunlight. His side profile was seamless against the dark curtains that faded behind him.

Now that the doors had closed, the candles sparkled brighter and bolder than before. You glanced around at the empty seats and realized you were the only one in the room with him.

He didn’t look at you nor did he greet you with any of his annoying conversation starters. But that was the exact reason why anxiety began to boil inside you.

“Wonwoo?” you called with reluctance. “Hello?”

His silent response inspired the piano sounds to vibrate louder into the air around you.  You headed over to the side stairs but as soon as you took your first step, you paused to reconsider what you were about to do. A glance back at the candle-lit walkway made your stomach churn a sour taste into your mouth. The theater room was full of romance, like the kind only lovers shared.

 

 

You shuffled your feet slowly towards Wonwoo, who was at the middle of the stage with his back faced towards you. As you passed him and was greeted with his side parted hair and flawless skin, you swiftly glanced away to skim the empty audience. He looked a bit more styled today and to your disbelief more attractive too.

After a long while, you leaned against the side of the shiny black piano to make yourself comfortable. You studied the open lid of the piano and then down at the community of strings that danced as Wonwoo pressed on the keys. When your eyes returned to Wonwoo, you gave him a quick wave with your hand to signal that you had been around for longer than five minutes.

Your eyebrows scrunched with disappointment when his concentration remained on the black and white keys in front of him. His face was emotionless like always, giving off an aura of cockiness.

“You invited me to meet up with you so you can show off?” you questioned sarcastically hoping your words would trigger him to speak. Yet he didn’t, and you rolled your eyes, wondering why you even tried.

Wonwoo continued playing an unfamiliar song on the piano and when he finally looked up at you, his eyes were like dark marbles glistening in the night. The beam of light began to feel hot against your skin and you wondered if he, too, was burning under his uniform.

Strangely, the notes from the piano drowned out into the walls, slipping into the distance and away from your ears. The silence was now too quiet as you could hear the thumping of your heart grow louder and louder inside your chest.

“Wise men say,” Wonwoo sang. He then shifted his eyes back onto the piano keys and continued playing. “Only fools rush in. But I, can’t, help, falling in love with you.”

Wonwoo glanced back at you and noticed that your eyelids were now stuck as if there were pins holding them open. Without looking away he contin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter