The Seventeen Carat Club

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You glanced at your clock that ticked loudly on the wall. Had it only been 30 seconds? It felt like a whole hour had already passed by. You stepped forward to get closer to the peep hole. The least you could do was check if they had left.

Contrary to your thoughts, before you could even put your eye near the concave peep hole, the door swung open and knocked your forehead causing you to stumble backwards.

Vernon, Dino and Jun entered while their eyes darted around, searching for you. Vernon turned and walked by you with a box of food as a few others spilled in after Jun. The long silence that you endured suddenly died a quick death. The chatter to their multi-conversations now filled your ears deaf.  

“Are you ok?” Vernon asked when he noticed you rubbing your forehead. You couldn’t even answer him. It was hard to focus with your throbbing skull.

“Hey Vernon, what did you do to her?” Jun asked while taking the food from Vernon and setting it at your counter.

“You hurt our host already?” Woozi questioned while placing the other box down.

“No…” Vernon replied, “I don’t know,”

“I’m fine,” you replied and removed your hand from your forehead. The red mark made both Vernon and Jun’s eyes wide.

Your attention shifted over to the tip of the huge tree that was coming through your front door. Snowflakes fell onto your floor as Seungcheol, Joshua, Jeonghan, Hoshi, Seungkwan and Mingyu carried it in.

The further they entered, the more you realize how long the tree was.

“I…I don’t think it’ll fit…my ceiling is…”

Before you could finish your thought, Wonwoo demanded your attention, “May I use your restroom?”

“Um…yeah sure…it’s over here,” you replied and walked him over towards the restroom.

Dokyeom called your name and you rushed back to the living room. “We’re going to move your TV over a bit is that ok with you?” he asked yet Hoshi, Dino and Minghao was already moving it aside.

“Wait what…what are you guys doing?” you asked and the room fell silent. The cold air from outside reminded you that the door wasn’t closed. You rushed over to shut it before locking it into place.

Seungcheol stood up from where he was kneeling with a black Christmas light cord in his hand, “I’m trying to plug this in,”

“But why…why do you need to move my TV?” you asked.

“Well…we have four of them,” Jun replied showing two other cords in his hands.

“We need two outlets,” Dokyeom explained and you stood there frozen, your mind clogged by the regrets of ever agreeing for them to stay.

They were the most extra type of people you have ever met! FOUR strings of Christmas lights?? NO WONDER DOKYEOM’S ELECTRICITY DIED.

“Why not just plug in one? The tree is suffocating,” you criticized loudly.

“But it’s a big tree, one string of lights would be too little,” Mingyu answered as he proceeded to help tilt the leaning tree up.

You watched with your mouth agape as the tree was put into place. Your apartment was packed full and the swift and busy movement of them everywhere was stressing you out. Jackets were flying off everywhere, as well as scarves and gloves. Your couch was now full of stinky men clothes and your floor wet from snow.

You began to lay down some house rules, speaking over their commotion nonetheless eventually gave up. None of them were listening to you. Instead, they were too busy putting the Christmas tree up that they didn’t hear a single word you said.

After some time, they all finally stepped away from the tree. Strangely, they reminded you of 13 little boys that were in awe of a gigantic candy in the middle. When your eyes darted to the top of the tree, you made a face and tried not to laugh. Unlike other Christmas trees that you had seen before, the top of their tree was bent. As expected, you ceiling was way too short.

“Why are you making that face?” Seungkwan asked Seungcheol while trying not to laugh himself.

Seungcheol burst into a giggle and the sound of all of them laughing shook your apartment. Any louder, and your place would have crumbled.

 

“Ready? Again, for the second time,” Mingyu stated and they laughed in unison once again.

“Don’t break the electricity,” Seungkwan announced.

“Maybe we should turn one string of light on first and then the next one,” Joshua suggested.

“But that’s not how it is supposed to be done though,” Wonwoo replied.

Dino questioned for you and they all peered around.

“Come be a part of it,” Vernon stated and waved you over. You slowly shuffled your way towards him and found this moment boring. They didn’t know that you didn’t celebrate Christmas, so they wouldn’t understand.

“Come over here, there’s more room over here,” Jeonghan suggested and you stopped walking.

“Well if you guys scoot over a little bit, she’ll have room over here.,” Hoshi proclaimed and everyone looked over to him, who was closest to the tree.

“I’ll just…I’ll just stand behind you guys. It’s ok,” you stated, and they moaned in disagreement.

“But you won’t be able to see it,” Jun reasoned. “Scoot over,” he announced to Minghao who was standing beside him and yanked you towards his side. The feel of your shoulder bumping into Minghao’s arm made him sud

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter