You Woke Up, Right?

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Owww…” you whined as you struggled to get up from beside your bed. You had fallen off when you rolled over to switch positions within your dream. When you finally stood up you looked around and yawned a few times. Your eyes caught Jeonghan’s golden ticket that seemed to scream guilt from the corner of your desk. Today was the day of his showcase and although you had no interest in it whatsoever, you had to attend it; out of “best” friendship relations of course.

The fact that you never found your competition letter nor did you find Woozi’s letter still bothered you. If anything, you hoped they were thrown away.

 

That evening rolled around too quick. You pulled out a dangling pearl earring from the drawer of your desk. Although you should have been keeping your jewelry in a better place, you never cared to organize them. After a few minutes of struggling to get one side on, you dug through your drawer to search for the other half to the pair. You rumbled endlessly only to see nothing.

You gave up and decided not to wear any earrings. However, only after removing the lonely half-pair off your earlobe, you spotted the other piece lying on the ground by your old guitar.

When both earrings were in and your outfit was set you stood there in front of your mirror to observe yourself. You brushed your bangs aside a little to free your left eyebrow and then smiled to yourself as if you were practicing for an interview. This was probably the best stylish outfit you’ve ever worn in your life. Of course, that’s because you bought it as a set so you didn’t have to pair it yourself.

 

“Ticket please,” the security guard asked in front of Pledis. This was odd. The last time Jun had his exhibition, they asked for a ticket inside by the showroom. This time, it was outside the school. You dug into your bag and handed him your golden ticket. You watched the security guard reach into his pocket to pull out some tools. With an interesting metal device in his hand, he stamped a clip onto the ticket before he handed it back to you.

“Oh…you don’t keep it?” you asked.

“Golden tickets are VIP. Just clip it onto your shirt,” he explained.

“Oh…”

Before you could say anything else the guests behind you shoved you inside the building. You observed your ticket and realized at the bottom corner “VIP” was printed lightly in white. You swore to yourself you didn’t remember seeing that the first time around. You clipped the VIP ticket onto the bottom of your white apricot-floral blouse and looked over to the posters that lined the halls.

Similar to the way Jun’s was, there stood posters of Jeonghan. All twenty of him down the hallway dressed in a grey button down shirt. A beautiful light pink color lined the neck of his shirt as well as the wrist area of his sleeves. His white slacks and white shoes made his outfit look amazing against the pearl backdrop. His blonde hair was wavy and his thin lips a pink hue. While his left hand hid inside his pants pocket, his right hand held a beautiful black camera that probably cost more than your life.

From his life-size posters, you thanked the heavens that there was only one Jeonghan. You could only handle one.

“Why are we matching?” you mumbled out of displeasure and looked at your outfit. You wore a pair of casual white trousers that stopped at your ankles. Your white blouse had grey colored leaves and apricot-pink florals throughout. You exhaled and made your way to the showroom exactly the way you had done before; using the stairs.

You cracked open the door from the stairs and the hall was completely filled with people. Some dressed in casual wear and others in business suits. Some looked as if they were part of Pledis and were probably students there. Others looked older and appeared to have traveled from afar. A few older men were bunched in the corner with matching golden VIP badges like yours. Why didn’t Jeonghan tell you your ticket was VIP? This better not be some slick joke he was playing on you.

Within the crowd of people, you maneuvered slowly down the hall. On your way pass the elevator it dinged and the doors slid open. You glanced over to the people who exited and your heart stopped beating.

The chatter in the hallway silenced as your body froze in place. Could you be dreaming? No. There was no way you were dreaming. You fell off the bed this morning and woke up. You woke up, right?

The man you saw walking out of the elevator with a sleek black suit made your insides melt into a stream of happiness. Two white lines designed the upper left arm of his suit. His hair was short with a few miniature spikes from the front of his bangs. He was tall and handsome just the way you remembered him. His thin long legs and arms were familiar and his beautiful smile made everyone else vanish from view.

 

You smiled and waited to hear him greet you. However, when he walked by completely unaware of your presence, you snapped out of your daydream. Quickly, you hurried after him; accidentally bumping into a few people. As soon as you got close enough you grabbed onto his silk suit, holding his arm with both of your hands.

When he turned to look and realize you standing there he eyes widened with surprise.

“Emjae?” You whispered afraid you were mistaken.

He questioned your name out loud as well and turned to face you completely. He smiled at you, “what are you doing here?”

His eyes were bright and filled with sparkles making you feel as if you were floating in a galaxy full of stars.

“Emjae…I thought you were overseas for school…I…” you threw yourself in his arms and squeezed him tightly, “I’ve missed you so much.” You pulled away and looked up at him, “Why didn’t you tell me you were coming back? I’ve been trying to call you for so many months now but your phone is disconnected so I couldn’t reach you to wish you happy birthday or anything,”

“It’s ok,” he replied and touched your hands that were still glued to his arm.

The magical feeling of his warm skin on your fingers died as soon as someone called his name; the nickname you gave him. His real name was Michael Jung but you called him Emjae and it had been only you to ever call him that.

You felt Emjae try to remove his arm away from yours grasp as you looked over to see a beautiful slender girl dressed in a stunning black dress that stopped above her knees. The dress had sheer sleeves that were loose but flattering against her thin arms. Her long legs were enhanced by the two inches that projected from her black shiny heels. Her side parted black hair was wavy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter