What About Me?

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of your phone beeping continuously that Friday morning made you throw your warm covers over your head. After a while, you moaned with irritation and yanked your covers off. You reached over to look at your phone to only realize the time read 7AM. However, it wasn’t the time that made you forget sleep. It was the random phone numbers that were displaying as text messages on your screen.

You unlocked your phone and saw that you had multiple unread messages. A few were still coming in causing your phone to vibrate in response. What was going on? Your phone had never been this busy in your life!

You checked your messages:

Hey, it’s me Woozi. Just wanted to send you my number.

Good morning Best Friend!! It’s Jeonghan. I hope your day is starting off well. =)

Hey it’s The8. I mean, Minghao. You can call me one or the other.

Hi there, it’s Seungkwan. Please save my number. I’ll save yours.

Good morning ^_^. It’s S.Coups. Sorry for not warning you about getting your number.

Hey there. It’s Hansol. I promise I didn’t trail you for your number. It was given to me.

Hello. It’s Hoshi. Please let me know when you get this message so I’m aware I didn’t text some random person.

Hey personal piano cleaner. Save me. It’s Wonwoo.

Hey, I hope this doesn’t surprise you. It’s Joshua. Let me know when you get this.

Hi. This is Jun. Good morning. Let’s paint again sometime soon.

Good morning. Mingyu here. How are you?

Hello neighbor. I don’t know why we never exchanged numbers and I had to get it from someone else haha. ^_^”

Before you could check the last one sent by the only number you knew that belonged to Dino, your phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Hi, it’s Mr. Kwon,”

“Good morning Mr. Kwon,” you mumbled while trying to clear your morning voice.

“Good morning, I just wanted to let you know that I have given your number to a few students here at Pledis. They usually stay on campus during afterhours and since you are the only one with the set of keys they may need your help opening doors. If they call you or text you, please don’t be alarmed.”

“Oh ok, that’s fine,”

“Also, we are having a long event today that will not end until you come in. If you could please help clean up some of the confetti and trash from the track field I would greatly appreciate it,”

“No problem, I’ll do my best,”

 

You sat up on your bed and sighed. After you hung up with Mr. Kwon you slammed yourself back onto your bed. You rolled over, “WHY!!?!?!??”

Maybe giving your number to a few of them was fine. But ALL of them?!?!!? You were irritated. Your phone began to vibrate again, and you looked to see Dino’s unread message.

Hello! Just wanted to say good morning and have a good day. I’ll see you later maybe?

You smiled at his message and replied: yes I’ll be there

You then read over the other messages and replied back to the ones who asked you to do so. However, that didn’t stop them. Instead, like waves on a beach, the messages flooded in continuously. You silenced your phone and threw it aside ignoring it altogether.

 

Entering the school, you were greeted with a few students who were leaving. Some were dressed in uniforms while others were in normal clothes. A few other students were dressed in completely different uniforms, as if they came from other schools. You headed over to the janitor closet and pulled out the rolling trashcan and the trash picker. On your way through the courtyard and down the long cemented walkway towards the track, you studied the dried leaves that had fallen on the ground.

The pathway had tall trees planted perfectly aligned to each other all the way down the way towards the field. In between each tree was a solar night lamp. The sight was pretty, reminding you of some scenery in a movie.

You approached the sports field and realized there were so many students still there. You noticed a black bench far across the way and figured maybe you should just sit there and wait until the event was over. There was no way you would get any cleaning done with that many students still hanging around.

You threw the trash picker into the empty trashcan and dragged it over to the bench while staring out towards the students ahead. You imagined yourself in the crowd, laughing with friends and chatting with other students. You pictured yourself dressed in the Pledis uniform and smiled at the thought of being part of the i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter