A Little More Selfish

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You tugged on your maroon satchel and headed out of the glass doors. When you exited you noticed Seokmin leaning against the sturdy wall. He was focused on the ground by his feet while he traced and kicked at the concrete.

He looked up and flashed you a friendly smile making you share one as well. When he approached you, you realized how much taller he was to you. Were his shoulders always that broad? You couldn’t recall when he had ever looked that way.

“Ready?” Seokmin asked.

On the way across the street you wondered what to say to Seokmin. It was odd being around him since you never really talked to him to start with.

Hoshi watched from inside the building and shoved the possession in his hand back into his pocket. He had been a bit too late this time around.

 

“It’s getting cold, isn’t it?” you stated trying to break the awkward silence.

“Just a little bit, I kind of like it though,” Seokmin replied.

“This weather makes me miss my Grandfather,” you admitted making Seokmin curious.

“Your Grandfather?” he asked.

“Yea. I spoke to him earlier…I usually have dinner dates with him…it’s kind of silly,”

As if the heaviest worry fell off Seokmin’s shoulders, he smiled with relief when he realized the person who you spoke so sweetly to was no one other than a loving Grandfather. To him, it all made sense. If you had a boyfriend he would have seen him, right? I mean what guy doesn’t go and visit their girlfriend?

“I think that’s a great thing,” Seokmin encouraged from beside you, “Since I’ve been at Pledis, I haven’t seen my family for a while now,”

“Really?”

“Yea, but my friends and I are really close so I feel ok,” Seokmin explained.

“Ah…that must be nice to have friends who make you feel like you belong,” you replied while you both crossed another street and headed towards your homes. Why was it that Seokmin’s conversation with you only made you feel lonelier? Could you really be that antisocial that you didn’t even have friends to brag about the way Seokmin did?

“Tomorrow is fall,” Seokmin announced and you perked up.

“Really? Already?”

“Mm-hmm, this semester is going by pretty fast, don’t you think?” Seokmin asked and you thought to yourself. You remembered how you didn’t even want to be at Pledis not too long ago. When did you already

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter