And Working Lights

Aju NICE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You complained about Jeonghan all the way home. His character made you dizzy. You remembered Jun and then Seungcheol. When the memory of Vernon replayed in your mind you shook your head with irritation. They all made you crazy.

When you arrived at your apartment you saw Seokmin standing at your door. The sound of your footsteps turned him around.

“What are you doing? Can you stop stalking me?” You requested with frustration from where you stood.

“Actually I wasn’t stalking you…I came over to knock on your door.” Seokmin reasoned and stepped aside to allow you to approach your apartment.

Without moving you asked, “This late? Why?”

“Well you see…my hotwater…is not working. So, I was wondering if you would let me…”

“No,” you replied cutting him off, “go ask the other neighbor beside you.”

“Well I would, but no one lives there,” Seokmin replied while you dug for your house keys at the bottom of your satchel.

You walked over to your door and looked up at Seokmin.

“You Pledis men are all so needy,” You criticized and Seokmin looked at you confused, his eyebrows scrunched and his lips formed a small frown. What exactly had he done to cause you to disapprove of him? And Pledis men? What other Pledis men were you talking about?

 You stood there in front of your door unwilling to open it. You weren’t going to run the risk of Seokmin ending up in your apartment.

“Please? I really really need a shower,” he begged from beside you.

“I don’t even know you. We’re strangers. I’m not letting a stranger into my apartment,” You rationalized and stuck your key into the lock.

“I promise I won’t do anything…I just really need to shower…”

“No!”

You turned the key to unlock your door. Cracking open the entry way, you slid into your home while eyeing Seokmin.

You shut the door on him and flicked on your light switches. When your lights did not turn on, you flipped the switch back and forth multiple times to make sure you weren’t crazy. Maybe your light bulbs were just dead. After a round run around your apartment to check all the lights, you flung your keys and satchel aside and ran to your kitchen cabinet to light some candles.

After an hour of sitting around in your candlelit bedroom you got ready for a shower and went into your bathroom. It wasn’t until your water ran cold for 15 minutes that you realized your hot water was off as well. The whole electricity was off and it definitely had nothing to do with your light bulbs.

You turned off the water and plopped onto your bed.

“It’s ok … I don’t need a shower…the candles are working…everything will be fine.”

Prep talking was easy but the longer you tried to reason with yourself the more everything bothered you. You ached to have a bath. You tossed and turned until all your candles died and the clock read 11:45pm. You got up and massaged your arms, then your shoulders and then your temples hoping it would help relax you but nothing worked.

 

 

Seokmin set his homework down and walked over to his door. When he opened it, he saw you standing there with your pajamas on. He stared at you, his face showing no sign of emotion.

“Sorry…I should have just knocked instead of ringing the doorbell.”

“What do you want?” Seokmin asked.

“By any chance…are your lights working?” you asked peering into his dark living room.

Seokmin opened his door further and switched on his lights.

You sighed and bit your bottom lip while thinking to yourself.

“No, you cannot come in,” He stated and then added, “If you’re wondering, I have a backup generator for my lights. Have a good night.”

When he proceeded to close his door, you spoke up.

“I…” you tried to think of something to say but your brain wasn’t functioning fast enough.

“Good night. Stranger,” Seokmin repeated, emphasizing on the word stranger as he shut his door on you.

“Does Pledis University have showers?!” you yelled from outside.

Within a few seconds Seokmin’s door cracked open.

“Yes why?” he asked peeking out from behind his door.

“Can’t we go shower there?”

Your question made you sound a bit desperate and you didn’t like how it came out. Before you came over to Seokmin’s place you had practiced your dialogue thoroughly, however it was not occurring the way you pictured it.

“No…the campus is closed now. It’s almost midnight.” Seokmin explained and proceeded to close his door again.

“But I have the keys!”

“What are you trying to say?” Seokmin asked irritably then suddenly remembered Seungkwan saying you were the janitor at Pledis.

“We can go shower there…I’m not a student there but you are…we won’t get in trouble right? It’s a win-win.” You explained, hoping to persuade him into your idea.

“It’s only one night of no showering…I sweated all day dancing…I’m probably dirtier than you.” Seokmin replied trying to point out that the whole situation wasn’t that serious.

“But…” You paused and weaved your fingers together in nervousnes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter