Baby

[NCT] Dating is not allowed!

TAEYONG'S POV:

We're already heading back to the shore when I received text from my manager.

"Taeyong-ah. Don't forget your schedule tomorrow with SMROOKIES."

I sighed. Yes, I got to work with them tomorrow. It is a photoshoot for magazine so I have to stay here for few days.

After the shooting for Running Man, I rested on the hotel I'm staying at. It was a one of The Lee Empire Hotel. The name and the owner reminds me everything I want to forget. It's almost a month after we broke up and yet, I'm still stuck with my memories with her.

As I sat on the bench and look at the sun set, I wonder how is she doing in Canada. Does she think of me too? Did she have any regrets?

My thoughts was cutted when I heard some people panicking. I looked at them and they were all wearing nurse attire. But one of them was wearing a coat and stand up the most. It was Dr. Jung Yoon Jin, Jaehyun's brother.

They're not that far to me so I'm sure it was Jaehyun's brother. He was looking at his watch worriedly while talking on the phone.

I wonder why he's here in Jeju. I thought he's working on Seoul National University Hospital.

"Call Kim Min Jae now!" he ordered one of the nurse.

The nurse nodded and dialed on her phone.

"Hello sir? Sir!---" Yoon Jin hyung snatched her phone and talk to Min Jae instead.

Wait... Why does Min Jae involve? Now that I look at it... There is really nurses going on his isolated island. But why?

"We need to go there as soon as possible or else things might get worst! There's no boat that could take us there as of the moment and we badly need a chopper!!" He shouted.

After a few minutes, they all ran back to the hotel.

------


It's already 9 pm and yet I'm still bothered on what happened to Yoon Jin hyung. Did they save the patient? Why are they treating him/her in an isolated island? Why not in the nearest hospital?

*BRIZZKKK BRIZZZKKK*

From Hong So Ra noona:

Taeyong-ah. The kids and I have arrived. We're at the resturant. Join us! :)

I sighed before replying.

To Hong So Ra noona:

Okay.

I decided to go when I already changed my clothes.

*TING!*

The elevator opened and I headed out. But then I bumped into someone, making her things dropped on the floor.

"I'm sorry." she bowed and said.

She looked at me and was startled. She recognized me, for sure.

"Gwaenchanayo?" I asked her when I noticed that she's just staring at me.

"A-Ah yes..." she slowly said.

"Let me help you." I said and kneeled down to get the papers she dropped a while ago.

"N-No it's okay!"

I just smiled at her and started to pick the papers.

She picked the papers on the other side while I got the papers in front of me. I noticed at it was a document from a hospital and the patient's name is...

Lee Min Young

My eyes fixed on that name. My heart started to pump so fast and my hands were shaking.

I was about to read other information but someone shouted.

"NURSE JANG!"

We both looked up and saw another nurse running towards us.

"What took you so long?! Mr. Kim is already at the island! We need to bring the documents now!" 

"I-I'm sorry! I accidentally drop these."

"You're so clumsy!"

"I'm sorry Mr. T-Taeyong." she get the papers I was holding.

I was about to protest and say that I need to read those papers but I don't have rights to invade patient's privacy.

I know there's a lot of people named, Lee Min Young... Yes. It's not her...

The two nurses were already gone but I'm still confused. I just decided to continue walking and meet the trainees.

------

"Yiyang! Please open the door!"

I opened the door of my suite and heard So Ra noona shouting at the hallway. She was knocking the door 3 rooms away from mine continuously.

It's already 1 in the afternoon and we were supposed to have now our photoshoot.

"What happened noona?" I asked.

"Yiyang is locking herself inside the room. She wasn't in right mind after she came back from the shore." she worriedly said.

"Did something happened to her?"

"I don't know! She was with Goeun when they go to the market this morning but Yiyang decided to go on different place without them. Then when she came back, she's like being traumatized!"

I sighed before helping them convincing her to go out.

"Yiyang! It's me, Taeyong. We need to have our photoshoot now!" I knocked the door.

No one answered so I tried again.

"Open the door now! Yiyang, please! You need to tell us what happened so we can help you!"

After a few minutes, the door slowly opened.

All of us gasp as we saw the tired, devastated, and wrecked Yiyang. Her hair is messy and her eyes were bloodshot.

"O-Oppa... I-I'm sorry..." she looked down and whispered.

"What happened to you?" I held her shoulders but it makes her nervous more.

"I-I'm sorry! I-I was wrong!" she suddenly kneeled down.

"What are you doing, Yiyang!" I tried to pull her up.

She was just crying and keep saying sorry to me. I just carried her and put her on the bed.

"Shh.. shh..." I calmed her down.

"The doctor is here!" So Ra noona said.

I was about to move out and give space for the doctors to check her. But Yiyang got scared and held my hand.

"O-Oppa... Please... Y-You need to see Zoe... Please..."

My eyes widened and I started to get nervous. Why does she suddenly mention Min Young?

"W-Why---" I was about to ask her but she passed out.

I moved to give way for the doctor.

"Do you think it's because she's still blaming herself for breaking your relationship with Zoe?" So Ra noona asked.

"I-I don't know... But... it was almost a month ago. Why did she suddenly act like this?" I asked confused.

"Yeah... That's what I've been thinking a while ago. I think something triggers her to act like that after she was left by Goeun this morning."

I stared at Yiyang who's now sleeping peacefully.

Just what on the earth happened to her?

------

The photoshoot ended at exactly 10 in the evening. The staffs agreed not to include Yiyang anymore and let her rest.

I also tried to talk to her and ask her about what she said before she passed out. However, Yiyang refused to see me. So Ra noona thinks that would also be the best. She also said that they'll fly back to Seoul right after the photoshoot.

Meanwhile, I decided to go back to Seoul tomorrow morning. I don't know why, but something was holding me back here.

I was walking on the shore in the middle of the night. The wind was strong and it was peaceful. However, as I took a step again, I heard two people shouting at each other.

"CALM DOWN!" the guy grabbed the girl's hand in order to stop her from walking out.

"Calm down?! , Min Jae! How could you do this to me?! Why did you keep this from me?!"

Min Jae?... and Jae Rin?

"Okay! I'm sorry! But will you please hear me before you do something?! It's not like I'm having affair with her! I'm her bestfriend so I need to help her!" Min Jae shouted.

Jae Rin's anger faded but it was replaced by so much sadness.

"How about me? Am I not her bestfriend? I'm her cousin too! I can help her as much as I can too! What if I didn't suspect you having another girl? I wouldn't find out that you were hiding her here! You were always out of Seoul. Min Jae, i'm not dumb! You took performing arts but why do you always go here in Jeju even if you're not going to be the successor of your family! Well that makes sense! You were busy about something else! You also didn't notice that your grades are being affected by this! You didn't show up in our class today so I decided to follow you and reveal what is that thing you're hiding. And damn!" she cried.

"Do you know how much it hurts to see her suffering right after I opened the door? All this time... All this time I knew that she was okay. That she's living well in Canada. But... She was fighting alone... I know her parents doesn't know about this because I ask Uncle about her. He said that he gave Zoe-unnie another month to stay here so why would I ask about her? That makes sense again! Kim Min Jae, I'm your girlfriend for god's sake! I'm also her cousin so why do you need to hide it from me!"

My eyes widened. Tears started to form in my eyes as I realized what's holding me back here.

I took a step to ask them about Min Young but...

"Because that's what she wants! The day her father caught her, she made a decision. That was the day she confirmed what's wrong to her. She asked help from me before her birthday. And that was to act in front of everyone. To act that she's okay. I'm not dumb to just agree with it. It made me think twice. I know that it was my duty to help my friend but it made me think again. But do you know what makes me agree at the end? The fact that she is Zoe Lee. The Zoe Lee who is true to her words. She said that she'll be okay and every lies we're going to make will be worth it. I believed that. I'm willing to do anything to help her even if it means hurting others. That's why I left you while she hurted Taeyong hyung. Do you know what she said before heading here? 'Go back to her.' At the end she still think about others more than herself. The reason why she did all those lies you see before she disappear were because she doesn't want everyone to get worried!"

Tears finally fell and my heart aches to much.

"But still! You need to atleast told us! Look at her now! Did she even became better? She looked worst now! She's bald... She's too thin... She barely open her eyes... And she... She lost her child!" Jae Rin broke down and cried on the sand.

My feet were glued on the sand and my knees were shaking.

What does she mean by 'her child'?

"She wasn't aware of that too! We're all clueless! We are too focused on treating her and we don't know that she had a baby! If it wasn't because of the accident, she wouldn't also know that she's pregnant. The signs of being pregnant is being mixed with the signs of having leukemia that's why we never thought that it was different case." Min Jae explained.

L-Leukemia?

"My god! Why do she need to suffer from all of these! Look at how devastated she is now that she lost her first baby! I'm going to tell this to Taeyong sunbae." she was about to walk again but Min Jae pulled her.

"What?! Do you even know what time it is?! Don't rush things and ruin my plan Jae Rin!"

"Plan?! What the hell Min Jae?! What plan is it again?! To lie?! You're going to keep this from them again?!"

"No! Of course I'm not that worst! I already learned a lesson and this shouldn't be hiden! Taeyong hyung deserves to know this! He's the father afterall! But don't you know what will he feel once you suddenly drop all these truth to him?! We need to make Zoe ready too. But look at her state, she's not normal right now! She'll take all the blame once she see Taeyong!"

"UGHHH !!! I'M GOING TO KILL YIYANG!!"

I cried silently while staring at the two of them. Min Jae eyes drifted on my place. He was frozen and his eyes widened.

"T-Taeyong hyung..." he said.

Jae Rin turned to me and covered . New tears pooled in her eyes as she stared at me with pity.

"W-Where's Min Young?" I took a lot of courage to stand up and walk towards them to ask.

"H-Hyung..." Min Jae was unable to find words.

"Tell me M-Min Jae... W-Where is she?" I begged him.

"S-She's safe..." that's what only he said.

I looked at him with disbelief.

"I heard everything so don't you dare lying to me." I said.

He sighed and looked away to calm himself.

"S-She's at Min Jae's island s-sunbae." Jae Rin said.

I looked on the left, trying to sight the isolated island i've noticed ever since I came here.

So that's where she's staying at...

"I-I need to meet her." I said.

"NO!" Min Jae protested.

"Kim Min Jae!" Jae Rin stopped him.

"I HEARD THAT WE LOST OUR CHILD AND YET YOU'RE NOT ALLOWING ME TO SEE HER?!!" I grabbed his collar.

He was too shocked to response. It took a while for him to talk again.

"Y-Yes... It's true... Even if she didn't told me who the father was, I know it was you. Only you. But as her bestfriend, I rather stop you from meeting her just for her own good. She's in her worst state right now. She keeps panicking at small things and blaming herself for not taking care of her baby. What do you think she'll feel right now if she meet you, huh?" he asked me seriously.

My grip loosened as I visualize Min Young in my mind, suffering and devastated from the loss of our child.

"I'll let you see her but never meet her. Give her time hyung. I don't want to messed up the lies she sacrificed all along without her notice. I'll talk to her and convince her to meet you. I don't want to force her now that she's also fighting from a cancer."

"L-Let me see her then..."

------

YIYANG'S POV:

I held my hand tightly as we leave Jeju. Until now, I can't believe on what I've done this morning. I'm scared...

I'm scared on what happened to Zoe and her baby...

I didn't know! I didn't know I swear... All I did is to follow her. I was so furious because she suddenly left Taeyong oppa month ago.

I'm very furious on the fact that's she's living here well and peacefully in Jeju while Taeyong oppa is like a robot who's fake in front of many people and too numb from the pain he felt.

[FLASHBACK]

"Yiyang?" Goeun said.

"H-Huh?" I said without looking at her.

We are here at a market here in Jeju. Goeun and I decided to roam around since the photoshoot is in the afternoon.

However, while we are looking at some souvenirs, I saw a familiar girl in the middle of the crowd. My eyes were glued on her as I look at her facial features.

"You're not listening to me. I asked you if you want this, we'll buy it."

"O-Okay..." I said.

I looked at the girl, not too far from us, again. My eyes widened as I realized who it is.

It's Zoe!

I looked at her from head to toe and she's completely different from before. She's wearing a long dress, a bonet, and a jacket. Her face is too pale and she's too skinny.

Oh god! What happened to her?

She talked to the fisherman beside her and smiled. Other vendors greeted her as if she belong to the community for so long. She started to walk away so I decided to follow her.

"Goeun-ah. Go back to the hotel first. I'll just look for something." I hurriedly said.

"Huh? Let's look for it and go back together. You might get lost."

"N-No it's okay. I'll just go back before the photoshoot starts."

"O-Okay." she answered confused.

I ran towards the place where I saw Zoe but she's not there.

"Ahjussi. Where's the girl you are talking to awhile ago?"

"Y-Ye? Ah! Lee Min Young?"

So she was known here by her korean name?

"Yes. That girl. She's my friend but I wasn't able to call her before she goes."

"Ahh... She's probably at the shore now. She said she needs to go home before the grandson of Chairman Kim comes."

Grandson? Is he perhaps... Kim Min Jae?

"Are they living together?" I asked suspiciously.

"Sort of. Min Young lived there for almost a month now and Min Jae were always here on the weekend. She's been also monitored time by time. It seems like her boyfriend is very strict HA-HA-HA. Tsk tsk tsk... Teenagers nowadays." he smiled.

My teeth gritted as I realized that Zoe really left Taeyong oppa for another guy.

I hurriedly go to the shore and spotted Zoe sitting in the boat. I was about to run but the boat started to sail.

"Ahjussi. Can you follow that girl?" I asked the fisherman who's busy in fixing the net on his boat.

He looked at Zoe far away from us before turning to me.

"Sorry but we're not allowed to sent someone on Young Master's island."

"Island? But... That is my friend. She's Lee Min Young, right? Your young master, Kim Min Jae is also expecting me here." I lied

His face brighten up and doubts were gone. I'm sure he's already conviced that I'm close to them.

After 15 minutes, we already arrived on a isolated island.

"Ahjussi, are you sure she's here?" I asked him when the boat stopped on the shore.

"Yes. That's where she's living. Young master owns that but she's using it for almost a month. Almost everyday, group of doctor and nurse visits here. I don't know why." he shrugged.

I looked around and found nothing but a resthouse standing in the middle of the island. I asked the fisherman to wait for me since there would be no other boats stopping from this island.

I walked on the fine sand closer to the rest house. It was quiet and peacefull. It's like no one is living there.

I knocked the door and waited for someone to open. However, no one respond. I pushed the door and it was freely opened.

"H-Hello?"

I looked around and saw the beautiful interior design of the living room. The TV was opened but no one was watching.

I took a step and completely entered the house. I smelled something familiar... It's like a scent of the hospital. It's too strong to the point that you'll think there are patients here.

"Don't worry... I'm okay now."

I heard a sweet voice coming from the kitchen. I slowly walked towards there and the voice were getting clearer.

"Min Jae-ah... You're already here last night. You can just visit me tomorrow since its weekend. No... You can't... The nurse will be here by 10. Yup. Just focus on the lectures today and visit here tomorrow if it will make you relaxed. You can sleep here too since it's weekend. Uh-huh... No, I'm doing great. I also visited the market today. Oh no, Min Jae. Don't be over protective. You're not my daddy hahaha. Okay. I'll just talk to you later. Bye."

She turned off her phone and walked slowly towards the sink while smiling widely. 

"Yah. So those acts in front of the cameras where true?" I leaned on the door and spoke.

Her smile fades and she immediately looked at me. Her eyes widened and she leaned on the sink weakly.

"Y-Yiyang... W-Why are you here?" she softly asked.

"Here? Hmmm... I just followed the girl who makes the man that I love broken because she left him for anothee guy." I sarcastically said.

Her eyebrows frowned and she quickly looked away.

"How did you find me? Does anyone know about this aside from you?"

"Ha! I can't believe your saying all of these... Why? Are you scared that you'll get caught by Taeyong oppa?!"

"I'm not doing anything wrong." she insisted.

"Oh really? Then why did you suddenly left without a word and here you are, where I caught you talking sweetly with Min Jae on the phone. Now, it makes sense why he's either glaring me at school or he's not around because he's here."

"Min Jae and I were just friends. I already ended what I have with Taeyong oppa even before I came here. Now, get out!" she pushed me until we reached the living room.

"No! I need to see more how are you doing here with Min Jae alone!"

I quickly headed upstairs to check the rooms. It's actually weird. The more I took a step upward and towards the bedrooms, the more I smell the scent of hospital.

"NO! WHO SAID YOU CAN JUST BARGE IN?! THIS IS WHERE I LIVE AND I WANT YOU TO RESPECT IT!" she held my arm tightly.

I pushed her hand away and respond.

"If you're not hiding something, then you'll let me walk around this house!"

"I'm not hiding anything but that doesn't mean that you can walk around here whenever you want! Why can't you just leave! Taeyong is all yours! I don't love him anymore! You should be happy about that since you want to steal him away from me from the very start!" she shouted right in front of my face.

I got furious and pushed her.

"YOU ! HOW---"

"AHHHHH!!!"

My eyes widened as I saw her falling and bouncing on the stairs. I trembled when I saw her lying downstairs and bleeding so much. I was shocked to see how her bonet fell, revealing her bald head.

"Ahhh..." she muttered while holding her tummy.

I immediately walked towards her and tried to hold her but she started crying. We both looked at the blood flowing on the floor. I tried to look for the cause but I was confused to see that it came from her bottom.

"D-Don't call anyone but Dr. Jung. Jae's brother. NOW!" she shouted at me.

My hands were shaking as I dialled Jaehyun oppa's number and ask for his brother's number. A few minutes later, I was able to call his number.

[Hello?]

"O-Oppa... It's me Yiyang"

[Hey... Hi... Why did you call?]

"H-Help us... Help Zoe..." i cried.

[W-What?]

"I'm here at her house in Jeju and she fell from the stairs. S-She's bleeding too much!" I panicked.

[! Okay. I'll call the doctor I know near her place. Let them in while I'll catch a flight going there. Don't ever leave her side!]

"O-Okay."

I ended the call and looked at Zoe who is now unconscious.