Chance

[NCT] Dating is not allowed!

ZOE'S POV:

I woke up and my body suddenly feels heavy. I slowly open my eyes and felt Taeyong's arms wrapped my body. It's already 6 am and I need to prepare for school. I carefully removed his arms for me to get up.

I quietly headed to kitchen and make our breakfast. I found myself smiling while cooking ham, sausages, and eggs. Remembering what happened last night makes me forget that I had a fever. Right after I turned off the stove, I heard a loud bang upstairs.

*THUGG!!*

"Sh*t!!!" I heard him cursing while running down the stairs.

My eyes widen when I saw him anxious, like he was looking for something. When I eyes met he heavily sighed. I think he just woke up because of his messy hair and wrinkled shirt. How y ㅋㅋㅋ

I returned my attention to our breakfast. I put it all on the plate until I hear his footsteps. His warm body wrapped mine. I can feel his chest at my back and his face buried on my neck.

"Good morning. Why are you rushing awhile ago. Did you forget that you have something to do this morning?" I asked him.

"I thought you left..." he muttered.

"Hmmm? I will, but how can I just leave you here?" I chuckled.

He suddenly held my shoulders and turned my body to face him. I was shocked to see his eyes full of worries.

"Y-YOU'LL LEAVE?!!"

"U-Uhmm.... Yeah... I'm going to school today. Its Friday."

He sighed again and hugged me.

"I thought you're leaving for good..."

"Hey... Baby, what's wrong? You keep saying that last night..."

"I heard your conversation with Mark..."

I suddenly feel weak. Is that why he keeps talking about it? Oh my gosh... This why I don't want him and my friends knew about what can my father do. I'm going to keep them worrying.

"W-What part?"

"All.... Are you really going to leave when your father's here? Can't we just ask him? He'll understand that you love being here right?"

"You don't know my father, oppa... He's capable of doing anything he wants. That's why I ran away from them just to be like Mark, because from the very start they don't like this idea."

"W-Why? I mean... You're their daughter... Parents should support what their child wants, right?"

"I-I don't exactly know why.. But I think its because of my health. They're not at ease if I'm far from them. They think i will be more safe being around them because they're doctors."

"What's wrong with your health, baby?" He asked me with a frustration on his voice.

I sighed.

"I was hospitalized when I was 8 years old. That's when I met Jae. Then i recovered after a year. I continued studying, then I met Min Jae. After our 13th brithday, it came back. I fainted while having our PE class. Luckily it was just one of the symptoms. Its not yet the worst, like what I had when I was 8 years old so I recovered a month after. My parents were still scared, because it still possible to come back."

"What?! So you're not sure if you're 100% okay?!"

"No baby... I swear, I'm okay now. It's been almost 4 years, and I'm okay!" I smiled to assure him.

"But baby, you said it came back when you were 13 right? It means it came back after 7 years since you were first hospitalized!"

"I had my daily checkup. And the last one, I'm 100% okay. Promise! So you don't have to worry. And this can prove to my parents that I can stay here."

He just sighed and nodded.

I left school at exactly 7:30. Taeyong also left because of his busy schedule. They will have their 2nd debut at 7th of July so I bet they will really be busy.

I arrived at school and my classmates were asking if I'm already okay. They must be very shocked at what happened to me in this room. I never thought that the training will be so tiring to the point that I'll faint.

(lunch break)

"Are you really sure you're okay?!" Min Jae asked.

"Yeah unnie, fainting is definitely a big deal! You should check yourself on the hospital!" Jae Rin butted in.

"Don't over react guys... I'm just very tired."

"Zoe Lee, don't you remember what happened years ago?! You fainted because your leukemia came back!!" his voice raised

Oh god... I hope Min Jae's wrong this time.

"What?! Unnie! You need to be checked up!"

"I-I just fainted! Look... Fainting is not the only symptoms of leukemia, right? The last time I got checked, I'm really okay!"

"When was that huh?" he glared at me.

"B-Before I came here..." I looked down.

"GOSH! ZOE!! Its freaking 7 months ago! Your parents said you have your daily check up!"

"Stop it, Min Jae! You're just over reacting! I'm completely fine! It also freaking 4 years and nothing happened to me. I just fainted because of tiredness." I walked out.

"Zoe Lee!"

No... I'm okay. I'm definitely okay! That ing leukemia is gone. I will never go back and live at hospital again. I will never go back to that hell. Yes, that place helps me to recover. But lying on the hospital bed and you go outside or be near to anyone for so long feels like dying.

I seated at the open field. Its now quiet and peaceful. The student's week is now over. I looked at the sun and slowly closed my eyes.

"What are you doing here?"

"Oh sh*t---- Yah! I was shocked!"

Jae chuckled.

"Aren't you going to eat lunch?"

I shook my head.

"I lost my appetite."

"You're so thin now, Denise. You should eat more! Are you dieting?" he joked.

"Heol. I love foods. But I just don't feel like eating today."

I was startled when he suddenly put his warm hand on my forehead. He was staring at me like he was saying something important. I decided to stop that stare, I can't take it anymore. Its getting deep. Something's bothering me with that stare.

"You don't have fever now. But I think its still the reason why you don't have appetite."

I just nodded.

"Ah right. Don't you have any schedule today? You must be very busy because of your upcoming 2nd debut. Donghyuk and Mark was absent too."

"We just had the final photo shoot this morning. Then practice after class until evening."

"Ahhh.... That must be tiring."

"D-Denise.."

"Hmmm?"

"Did Taeyong hyung slept at your unit last night?"

WHAT THE ?! HOW DID HE KNOW?!

"H-Huh? W-What are you saying, Jae?"

"He didn't? Right?"

I hesitantly nodded. His face brighten up.

"W-Why did you ask?"

"He didn't go home last night, Taeil hyung said. I bumped into him when I left your unit. So I just thought that he stayed there. Its also raining hard last night, and he's wet"

"A-Ah... I let him borrowed Min Jae's clothes there. Then he left afterwards. He just v-visited."

He nodded.

"Are you going to SM Building tonight?"

"Uh-huh.."

"Then can we have a night walk at Han River?" He excitedly asked.

"W-What?"

"After your training, let's go to Han River."

"Don't you have a practice?"

"I have. That's why we can go after." he smiled widely

"Well.... Sure! We can go with other NCT members. I might be busy next week, same as for you."

"Tsk. I wanted to have some time alone with you. We didn't had a chance to have that bonding when we were younger. We always have our night walk at the hospital's hallway." he pouted.

"Yah... We should also have bond with them! What if something happened again if we're just together? Don't you remember the night we needed to act as a couple?" I laughed.

"We can just do that again.." he muttered.

"What?"

"Nothing... Okay! Let's invite them.. But what about on Sunday? We will be both busy next week. So... We can have our date in the morning?"

D-Date?! Sh*t... He doesn't know about Taeyong and I's relationship.

"Its not safe to have dates, Jae. Tonight is enough, because we were with our friends."

He heavily sighed.

"Denise... You gave me a chance right? Let me at least show you my efforts even in a short period of time."

"But Jae---"

"Please?"

I looked at him for a minute before nodding slowly. Yeah... Its wrong for me to give him chance even though I'm in love with Taeyong. Should I tell him about that?

"Good." he smiled widely.

The bell rang so we decided to go back. He walked with me until I reached my classroom.

"Do you want to come with us to SM Building right after the class?" 

"No it's okay... I'll just see you there. I have to go somewhere."

"Okay." he smiled and nodded.

I waved at him and entered the room. I saw Min Jae glaring at me while Jae Rin looks so worried. I rolled my eyes at Min Jae and ignore him. I just focused on the lectures until the class ended.

"Class dismissed."

"Attention. Bow." - Class President

"Kamsahamnida~" -Whole class

"Yah Zoe Lee..." Min Jae said.

"Hmm?" I lazily asked.

"I was just worried.... I didn't mean to shout at you."

I sighed before looking at him.

"I said I'm fine.. You don't have to keep telling me what happened in the past instead of praying that I should be okay. I'm sick of going back to hospital and waste my life there lying while having that damn chemotherapy. You don't know how much it hurts! Yes, that's the best for me but it really ing hurts! I feel like dying too!"

"Alright... I'm sorry... Sorry..." He hugged me.

-------------

*training @ SM Building (Practice Room)*

"Okay! You did well! We'll be distributing individual performances next week based on your grades in level tests. For the new trainees or unrevealed rookies, you'll be having the photoshoot for your profile. Make sure to practice some pose, okay? We're not yet sure on what day would be the announcement for new members of SMROOKIES but it will be soon. Now, dismissed."

"Kamsahamnida~" we all bowed.

"Zoe-ah! You'll be having fans soon!!" Goeun said.

"That's why I'm nervous." I chuckled.

I'm nervous about my parent's reaction...

"Ahhh..."

"Hey! Zoe! Are you okay?!"

My knee hurts so much!

"I-I'm okay... I think its because of dancing too much." I joked.

"We're so shocked. We heard from Jeno that you fainted at school."

"I'm okay now." I smiled.

*knock knock*

We all turned our glance to the door and saw Jae. He waved at me and smiled widely.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo oppa!" my co-trainees greeted him.

"Annyeong! Are things going well for your upcoming SMROOKIES Show?"

"Nae!"

"It will be tiring but its all worth it. You'll be able to travel in different places and gain more fans! Anyway, good luck!"

"Good luck in your second debut too, oppa"

"Thanks. Can I borrow Zoe now?"

Goeun looked at me and smirked playfully.

"Of course! Yah Zoe-ah... hurry up." She pushed me closer to Jae.

"Thanks!" Jae held my wrist and dragged me out of the practice room.

"Where are the others?" I asked.

"They said they're tired. They don't want to come with us."

"Is it safe to go out with just the two of us?"

"Uh-huh. Trust me... I know a specific place in Han River where people don't usually go."

"O-Okay..."

We ended up riding a taxi. Luckily, he hid his face enough for people not to recognize him.

"Yeogi! (here)" he ran into a dark place. It looks peaceful because only crickets sound, the river, and the reflection of city lights is with you.

"Do you usually come here?"

"Yup. Whenever I feel like going out at night, I used to sit here and watch the river." he sat at the grass.

"With the boys?"

"Nope. We always go at the basketball court or convenience store at the other side. Meaning to say, this is my thinking place."

"Thinking place?"

"Hmmm... I used to think many things about my life. Asking myself some questions before making a decision. Something like that.... And some things that is very important to me... Thinking of how can I take it back. Because it was once mine, but I left it. Now, someone's taking it away from me." he stared at me.

I avoided his eyes but he held my chin.

"Sometimes chances . Sometimes it all that you need. I hate the chance that I wasted. I left you,  when you were mine. Now I'm asking for another chance... To take things back. You gave it to me when we were in Jeju. I was so damn happy. But why do I feel like that chance is slowly fading away?" his voice is full of frustration.

"J-Jae..."

He slowly leaned closer. OH ! IS HE GOING TO KISS ME?!

"I'll wait... I'll wait even if it means forever.." he rested his forehead to mine until he wrapped his arms around me.

I don't know if is it right to give him a chance... When its the reason why he's having a false hope. I should better tell him of what I truly feel.... Soon..

I felt like floating. I don't even remember how I got home. I keep thinking of Jae. I don't know how long I am sitting at the bath tub and staring at the ceiling of the bathroom. I decided to finish taking a bath and sleep. I checked my phone but it was dead. I forgot to charge it while having a training.

 

I jumped to the bed and buried my face to the pillow. Until I entered the dream land. I hope everything goes well tomorrow....

 

-------

Dear readers,

I will try my best to update once a week. Most probably every saturday or sunday. I won't be able to update 2 to 3 chapters a week like I used to because I'm so busy. For all those who started their new school year, good luck! Study hard! *cause I will too  ㅋㅋㅋ* FIGHTING STUDENTS!!