Acquaintance Party

[NCT] Dating is not allowed!

TAEYONG'S POV:

"Hyung... I don't want to be in a competition with you just to win her heart, but I want to be fair. It's still Zoe's decision. So let me ask you, are you going to let her go.... or you're going to fight this time?"

Tch. Are you trying me huh?

"Why are you saying this Jaehyun? Did I even said something? Did I said I like her?" I faced him again.

"Hyung... You're my bestfriend for god's sake!"

"That's why I'm doing this! Do you think if she choose one of us, the remaining one will be happy? No! And our friendship will not be the same anymore!" I shouted.

"What? Ha.... I can't believe this... Hyung, even if she choose you... I will be the same. I will not throw our friendship away... That's how I value the both of you. Even if the two of you end up together, I will be happy... Because you're both important to me... I'm disappointed hyung..." he shook his head.

"Jaehyun-ah that's not what I mean---"

"Soon. I will confess to her soon. I'm not saying this to threaten you... but I'm saying this because I don't want you to regret at the end. Think of it carefully, hyung. No matter what decision she make, I will be happy for her. Stop being bitter and be brave. I don't want to see her hurting..." he headed inside the clinic.

I don't want to see her hurting... What does he mean by that...

--------

ZOE'S POV:

Saturday. The day before the Acquaintance Party.

"Yah! Lee Min Young! Wake up!" aunt shooked my body.

"Hmmm... 5 more minutes..." I muttered.

"Tsk. You have a visitor! Or should I say... a suitor?"

I quickly sat up on my bed half awake.

"Who?!" I asked.

"Who else? The REAL Jae." She smirked.

I ran to the bathroom and washed my mouth and face. I ran downstairs and saw Jae who's wearing ripped jeans and a yellow hoodie. He's talking to Jae Rin. What is he doing here?

"Jae?"

"O-Oh... Hi... Good morning!" He smiled widely.

"What are you doing here? Don't you have any schedule today?" I asked.

"Unnie! How can you ask him like that?! And look what you're wearing right now!"

I looked at the mirror. *facepalmed* I'm still wearing pajamas with unicorn as the design -_-

"It's okay she looks cute." Jae said.

"AYYIIIEEEE!!" Jae Rin hit my arm meanwhile... here i am, turning into a tomato.

"I-I said... Why are you here?" I avoided his eyes.

"He asked me last night about what will you do this weekend and I said we're going to the mall to buy gown for tomorrow. He said he will accompany us today!" she clapped her hands.

"What?! Neo micheosseo?! (are you crazy) He's an idol!"

"But I'm your bestfriend..." he pouted.

"You don't have to do this, Jae. Anyway, I'm going to mall first before heading to the SM Building. So Ra unnie will lend me a gown since she wants me to show the meaning of SM Visuals. Funny right?" I smirked and headed upstairs.

"Jinjja?! Then I'm the only one who'll have a problem in choosing a gown?" She frowned.

"Don't worry.. I'll help you. Thus, Jae's there to judge which one is good to you."

"She's right." Jae nodded.

"Yah. Until where the two of you plan to follow me? You want to join me here in my bathroom? Seriously?"

"Sorry." They said.

------

We rode Aunt's car and headed to the mall.

"Ahhh... jinjja... I can't believe you grew up to be a handsome man like this, Jae." Aunt said.

"Hehehe...Maybe it runs in our blood?" He joked.

"Eomma! You knew him?" Jae Rin asked.

"Of course! When we had a vacation and visited Min Young at the hospital, I met him. You don't remember because you're always with Min Hyung outside the room."

"Yeah, we didn't met Jae Rin-ah... But I heard that Denise have a very close cousin."

"Whoaa! This is indeed a small world sunbae!"

"Tsk. Stop calling me sunbae. Just call me oppa."

"Arrasseoyo! Oppa~ Hahahaha"

"Heol." I smirked.

"Wae? Are you jealous? Then call me oppa too." He winked.

"What are you saying? I will never call you oppa."

"Tsk. You used to call me in that way."

"That's because I knew you as Jung Jaehyun." I flicked his forehead.

Later on we arrived at the mall and headed to Aunt's bestfriend's boutique.

"Whoaaa! Theses gowns are so beautiful!" Jae Rin said.

Yeah, it is. A wedding gown inside the glass had caught my attention. I walk nearer to it and I can't take off my eyes on it.

"It's really...pretty..." I muttered.

"You want to wear that?" I was startled when Jae suddenly whispered on my right ear.

"A-Ani! (no).... It's just pretty... It's not like I'm having my wedding tomorrow so why would I wear that."

"Did I even said tomorrow? *sighs* Its simple, but it will be so elegant to look when you wear it." He stared at the dress.

"Tss... It might be already sold when its time for me to get married." I joked.

"Then... should I buy it now?!"

"Yah. Why would you buy it when you're not even sure if you're my husband? Hahahaha."

I stopped laughing when I saw him looking at me with a blank expression.

"W-Wae?"

"Whoever you get married with.... I want  to give that dress to you, because you like it. Whatever you like, I'll give it to you... No matter what decision you make, I'll be happy for you." He said.

I stared at him and I suddenly feel drowning. I held my chest and it hurts.

What's wrong with me?

I came back to my senses when he suddenly held my hand.

"Denise... will you be my date tomorrow? Will you be mine.... just for tomorrow?" He asked.

I smiled at him and nodded. He suddenly pulled out a necklace with a musical note inside his pocket.

He leaned in and put the necklace around my neck.

*TUG DUG*...........*TUG DUG*...........*TUG DUG*...........*TUG DUG*...........*TUG DUG*...........*TUG DUG*...........*TUG DUG*...........*TUG DUG*...........*TUG DUG*...........*TUG DUG*...........

What's wrong with my heartbeat? Why is it so slow?

He suddenly hugged me and sighed.

"I was planning to give this to you tonight so that it will be romantic... But I don't have time." He chuckled.

I wasn't able to respond that's why he just let me go and stared at my face.

"What are the two of you doing?" Jae Rin suddenly showed up behind.

"N-Nothing." I said.

"Come here. Help me~" she said and dragged me.

---------

I was so dazed after what Jae did. I wasn't in my right mind that's why I don't know how did I got home yesterday.

"Jeongshinjaryeo, Zoe Lee. (get a hold of yourself, Zoe Lee) Just focus on the party later." I muttered.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

I turned my glance and saw Aunt leaning on the door.

"Jae Rin is already preparing... Is something bothering you?" She walked and sat beside me.

"Aniyo..." I smiled.

"My daughter... and my niece... grew up into a beautiful ladies now." She my hair. "I remembered when the Jae Rin, you and Min Hyung were always together playing in this room. When you go back to Canada, you met your new playmate, Jae in a painful way.Now, the four of you were already attending university, The two boys were already working, Jae Rin and You were in the midst of preparing to work too." she sighed.

"But were forever your babies, Aunt." I joked

"Tsk. Soon you'll give me grandchildren too." She rolled her eyes.

"Hmmm... Maybe 5 years from now? 10 years? You still have a long way to prepare, aunt. It's not like I already found my soon-to-be husband right?

"Aigoo... The world is getting smaller, Min Young-ah. You're still not sure of who is it but you may already met him. Walking in the same street with him? Attending the same school? We never know!"

  "Whoever you get married with.... I want to give that dress to you, because you like it. Whatever you like, I'll give it to you... No matter what decision you make, I'll be happy for you."   

I suddenly thought of what Jae had said yesterday. Am I going to marry him someday?

--------

"Min Young-ah!! Jae and Min Jae is here!!" Aunt shouted from downstairs.

"Nae!! Coming!" I looked at myself in the mirror.

You're pretty today Lee Min Young ㅋㅋㅋ

I'm wearing a blue ostrich feather dress that SM sunbaenims had used in attending some events. My long dark hazelnut colored hair was curled and layed down on my back. I was wearing blue stiletto. Also, the necklace that Jae had gave to me yesterday.

I walked down the stairs and saw the three JAEs ㅋㅋㅋ

I caught their attention specially Jae who stood up while his mouth is widely opened.

"Ayeee~ Zoe Lee?! Oh my god." Min Jae walked nearer and kissed my right cheek. "You're so beautiful tonight" he whispered.

"Tsk. Thanks, handsome." I joked.

"Unnie! This is not fair! Your dress is so beautiful!" Jae Rin said.

"Yah! Your dress is beautiful too! You're just not good at wearing it." Min Jae rolled his eyes.

"HEOL! TSK!"

"Yah! Yah! Stop it. I know after this party, the two of you will stop teasing each other. You'll love each other instead. My cousin... My bestfriend... Have a long and healthy relationship okay?!" I patted their arms.

"Stop saying nonsense, Zoe. I'm not going to marry your cousin." 

"WHO SAID I'M GOING TO MARRY A UGLY  DUCKLING LIKE YOU!" 

"YAH! Stop fighting or all of you will be late! Go now!" Aunt said.

"We're going now." We bowed.

Min Jae and Jae Rin keeps fighting while heading outside the house.

"Hey, Jae." I said.

"H-Huh?"

"What's wrong with you? Hahahaha"

"Y-You're..... Y-you're..."

"I'm what?"

"Beautiful. You're so beautiful." He said and unable to look at my eyes.

"Tsk. Is it so hard to say that? OH? You're blushing!" I .

"A-Aniya...." he blushed harder.

"Anyways, let's go." I said.

He lend me his arms shyly. I smiled widely before wrapping my arms around it.

----------

I wore my dark blue mask before heading inside the hotel. Everyone's looking at us. Some of them were greeting and some are just smiling. We stopped on a group of students sitting around the big table.

"Zoe?! Whaaa! You're so pretty even if you wear mask!" Doyoung oppa said.

"Oh my god! Dongsaeng!" Mark stood up and hugged me. "Aigoo, you're a lady now."

I seated beside Mark and Jae. Mark's partner is Yiyang. I wonder if she wish that Taeyong should be her partner.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to the 2016 Acquaintance Party of Department of Practical music!" The emcee said. Everyone clapped and shouted. "To formally start the program, let us call on the Department Head to give us some speech."

*Speech ended*

"Let us all welcome our special guests. The alumni of SOPA, Department of Practical Music Batch 2014 Mr. Lee and Ms. Han!"

I looked at the guests. The two of them linked their arms and waved at the students. The girl was wearing a red dress and red mask while the boy was wearing a black tuxedo and black mask.

"They will be the one to choose the Star of the night in both Male and Female category. At the end of the night, they will dance with the winners and reveal each other's face. Are you excited?!"

"YEEAAAHHHH!!"

"LET THE PARTY BEGIN!"

The Representative of Department of Practical Dance performed first, followed by some games and other entertaining stuffs.

"Now, the guests had already observed the students tonight. We will be having a dinner and if you had given a number it means you are one of the candidates for Star Of The Night. Are you ready?!"

"YEESSS!"

"Enjoy the food tonight."

The guests stood up and started to give numbers to some of the students.

"I bet Zoe noona and Jaehyun hyung will be one of the candidates." Donghyuk said.

"Yah low down your voice! You're revealing their identity!" Doyoung oppa said.

"As if I will be really chosen hahaha. Let's just eat." I stood up and Jae followed.

The dinner was a buffet style that's why we need to line up first.

"Excuse me, Mister." The female guest caught our attention.

"Me?" Jae asked.

"Yes. Here's your number. I hope you'll win." She smiled.

"Ehem." I was startled when someone coughed behind me.

I turn around and saw the male guest. Sesanghe... He's wearing  black mask but I know he's so damn handsome!

"Hi.. Its my pleasure to meet you, Miss Beautiful." He smirked.

GOOSEBUMPS!!!!!

His husky voice and smirk makes my heart melt! What's wrong with you Zoe!!!

OMO! OMO! OMO!!!!!!!

He held my hand and kissed it!!!! KILL ME NOW!!!

"I'm looking forward on what you will show tonight. I hope you'll be my last dance." He smirked again.

Heol.... His jawline is just arghhh!!!

"EHEM! Sorry sunbaenim... But she's my last dance." Jae said.

"Oh? Is that so? Hahahaha.... Well, IF! She's not going to win tonight. If she won as the Star Of The Night, then she'll be my last dance. Same to you, if you won then Ms. Han will be your last dance. Good luck man." He tapped Jae's shoulder.

"See you later, beautiful lady." He winked.

Isanghae (that's strange).... Why do I feel like I know him? But its my first time hearing his voice.

"TSK. Jjajeungna! (its so annoying)" Jae said.

"Hahaha...stop it. Its not that I'm already the winner." I joked.

"Do some ugly things later so that you will not be chosen." he pouted.

I just shook my head and laughed.

--------

The slow dance started and everyone had gone to the dancefloor with their partners.

"May I have your first dance, Denise?" Jae lend his hand.

I happily accepted it and stood up. I put my right hand above his left shoulder. While he held my left hand and my waist.

He's just smiling and staring at me. Luckily, I didn't feel awkward.

"Hahaha wae? Why are you staring at me like that?" I asked.

"You really changed, Denise." he said.

"Of course! Ten years had passed that's why I changed so much. Why? Do you want me to look the same, just like ten years ago?"

"Aniya! *sighs* During those years, I keep asking myself. Did she already got out of the hospital? Did her hair grow already? Did she gain weight? Did she attended school? Did she had friends? Did she dated someone? Did she forgot me..."

"Aigoo. Why did you waste your 10 years in thinking those nonsense questions?"

"Tsk. Of course, I also plan for 10 years on how will I meet you again. In a cool way *smirk*. And I succeed! You met me as Jaehyun... and even make you call me sunbae and oppa HAHAHAHAHAHA--AWWW!" I hit his head.

"Tsss... I almost say that you're so sweet because you always think of me for 10 years but ughhh... forget it." I rolled my eyes.

"Arasseo! Sorry. Hmm? Say it now."

"What?"

"That I'm sweet."

"No."

"Aughhhh.... Denise~"

"I hate aegyo."

"Tsk."

"Ehem! Ehem!" Mark suddenly showed up behind Jae.

"Ahh waeeee?" Jae asked.

"I'm the brother here, am i right hyung? The song changed already, do you mind letting go of her? *-.-*" Mark said.

I chuckled when I saw how irritated Jae is.

Mark lend his hand and I accepted it.

"Yah, Lee Min Young!"

"WAE? LEE MIN HYUNG?"

"HAHAHAHA. Do you think our parents will be happy seeing us like this or not?"

"Probably not. They might drag me to Canada wearing this dress." I rolled my eyes.

"Well... Dad will be like that for sure but mom? She will cry like a baby. I bet she never imagined that we will be too close like this since we're grew up apart. And now, seeing their handsome and gorgeous twins wearing these kind of clothes and dancing in front of many people. Aigoo.... they must be really proud to see how we grew up like this." He smiled widely.

I miss mom and dad now ㅠ.ㅠ

"I hope so." I sighed.

"Cheer up, lil sis!" He flicked my forehead.

"Tsss."

"Sooner or later... I'm going to be like Dad to you."

"What do you mean?"

"Our parents are not here so when you got your first boyfriend, he needs my permission. And I'm not easy tho!"

"Heol. Then should I make your first girlfriend suffer too?"

"Yah... I'm already an idol that's why it might took long for me to have a girlfriends. You know, I have high standards now." He smirked.

"Aisshhh."

After I danced with Mark, Jeno and the rest of NCT and Min Jae danced with me too. Until I really get tired ㅋㅋㅋ

I decided to go back to our table. I was the only one there because everyone was busy dancing and changing their partners.

"Attention students. At this point, we will now have the last dance. The time is 11:57 pm, keep changing partners or find the one you want to dance with until 12 am. On that time, you will be taking off your masks and greet your final partner. Our two guests will join you and the last student they will dance with are the Stars of the night." The emcee said.

I suddenly got nervous because there's something inside me that's scared to know who will be my last partner.

"Hey, Denise." Jae called me.

"Hmmm?"

"Will you be my last dance?" He lend his hand.

"Tss. Do you really have to ask that?" I joked and accepted his hand.

We started to dance while our eyes locked. Some of the students were trying to ask me but Jae keeps hooing them away.

"Yah... don't be so harsh." I chuckled.

"You're mine tonight. I don't want to share." He pouted.

"Aigoo. How childish. This is our last dance that's why no one can ask me dance again."

He was about to respond but the music stops and the lights turned to us.

What's happening?

*took took* *took took* (sound of footsteps HAHAHA 😂)

I slowly turned my glance and saw the two guests walking towards us. The students give way in the middle, leaving the 4 of us.

"Congrats Number 16 and Number 14, you guys are the Stars of the Night." The female guest said.

The male guest smiled and walks towards me.

"OH EM GHEEE!"
"ISN'T THAT ZOE FROM CLASS 1?"
"GEEZ! SHE'S SO LUCKY!"

He stopped in front of me and.... HE KNEELED!!!!

"May I have this dance, Miss Zoe Lee?" He said and lend his right hand.

I don't know what to do! OMG! HELP ME!

"May I?" He asked again.

I looked at Jae. He sighed and nodded.

"It's my pleasure to dance with you, Sunbaenim." I bowed and held his hand.

His other hand held my waist and pulled me closer to him.

*TUG DUG* TUG DUG* *TUG DUG* TUG DUG* *TUG DUG* TUG DUG* *TUG DUG* TUG DUG* *TUG DUG* TUG DUG* *TUG DUG* TUG DUG* *TUG DUG* TUG DUG* *TUG DUG* TUG DUG* *TUG DUG* TUG DUG*

We started to dance in the middle of the dancefloor. Jae and his partner followed. The rest of the students clapped while watching us, and followed afterwards.

"You're so pretty tonight." He whispered with a husky voice.

"U-Uhmmm... H-Hehehehe...B-But i'm still wearing a mask." I avoided his gaze.

"With or without mask, you're pretty. It's overflowing that anyone notice and can't stop looking at you."

OMG STAPH PLISSSS!!

"T-Thank you... sunbaenim."

I heard him chuckled a little bit.

This is so weird.... the way he chuckle is so familiar to me...

"You really have no idea about my identity?" He asked.

"Yes. I'm s-sorry. I'm new in SOPA and I don't know much about our colleagues."

"It's okay. It's a relief that you don't know me. I should grab this chance." He sighed.

"W-What chance?"

"Chance to say what you had done to me."

"N-NAE?! W-What did I do?"

"You stole my heart." He said. AND HE'S VERY SERIOUS!

"S-Sunbaenim...."

He sighed and looked at his wrist watch.

"Now, just listen to what I will say. Okay?"

I nodded.

"The first time I saw you, you were different. I really hate that fact, but I found myself enjoying because of it too. You're a bright kid, you stands out from many people, you're making me notice you, I hate that at first. But now, I loved that. I love everything about you. But not the fact that you're possible to be with him." He looked at Jae.

"W-What are you saying sunbaenim."

He suddenly pulled out a lock leather brown designed bracelet and held my hand.

"Even just with this simple thing. I want to feel that you're mine." He muttered.

He put it around my wrist. I wasn't able to say or do anything. My body is letting him do what he wants to do to me.

"I like you." He looked deeply in my eyes.

I like you.

I like you.

I like you.

*TING!* *TING!* *TING!* *TING!* *TING!* *TING!* *TING!* *TING!* *TING!* *TING!* *TING!* *TING!* *TING!* *TING!* *TING!* *TING!*

The bell suddenly rings and it means its the end of the last dance.

"You may now take of your masks." The emcee said.

I stared at the male guest and he held his black mask.

I started to untie the ribbon of my mask and pulled it down. I successfully revealed my face and waited for him but...

"WHAAAAA!!"
"WHAT HAPPENED?!"
"ITS SO DARK!"

There was a sudden blackout and everyone panicked. I looked at the male guest and he was about to walk away.

I quickly grabbed his wrist. I felt his bracelet and... Huh? A key? I suddenly felt a small key.

He looked at me before running away.

----------------

I'll edit the typos or grammatical errors later hehehe don't forget to vote!