Too Busy

[NCT] Dating is not allowed!

ZOE' POV :

"Hey, baby.. Are you okay? Why are you so pale?" he cupped my left cheek.

"N-No... Nothing... I-It's just uhhh...."

*KNOCK KNOCK*

"Zoe it's me... You have an interview.." So Ra unnie said behind the closed door.

" *sighs* You have to go again... " Taeyong hugged me.

I chuckled.

"I like the way you're clingy, baby.. but I really have to go. I'll just see you at the company."

he gave an angry look.

"No. Let's go to your condo. We'll have some time alone there. I don't want anyone to disturb us."

"I still have training later. Would it be okay for you to wait?"

"I am always waiting... I can always wait for you..." his eyes were full of loneliness.

I honestly felt bad for him. I don't know if its right to let him feel this way or am I torturing him by these little acts. We were aware of what will happen to our relationship if both of us become idols. However, no matter how we understand the situation, we always end up hurting each other. But what can we do? We love our career.. and we love each other...

---------

Right after some interviews and photoshoots, we headed back to the company. I still have training tonight. I wasn't able to attend school for 3 days straight now because I was so damn busy.

"Zoe-ah.. are you dieting?" So Ra unnie asked while were travelling.

"No... Do I need to do that?" I asked while massaging my arms.

My bones hurts too much and I feel so weak right now.

"Not necessarily. I just noticed that you're getting thinner as time goes by. You lost too much weight ever since you entered the company."

I didn't answered but I layed down instead.

"Does it hurt somewhere?"

"My body feels weak.. I think I'm still not used to this.." I closed my eyes.

"How about skipping the session today?"

"Can I do that?" 

"Uh-huh. I'll just talk to your trainors." 

"Oh.. Thank you very much unnie."

"Rest well for tonight. You don't have any schedule tomorrow, do you want to go to school?"

"Yeah... Exams are approaching again."

"Then you really need strength tomorrow."

I just nodded and fell asleep.

-------

I got back to my senses when I felt the softness of the blanket. I slowly open my eyes and found myself in my dark room. I really can't remember how I got inside because I was too tired. 

I was about to sleep again when someone touches my hair. His arms hugged me tighter and his breath touches my cheeks.

"B-baby?" I muttered.

"Hmmm? I'm sorry... Did I wake you up?" he loosened his hug.

"No.. By the way, how long have you been here?" I buried my face on his chest and hugged him.

"an hour. I actually waited for you at the company but only So Ra noona came."

"REALLY?! OH I'M SORRY BABY!!" I hugged him tightly.

"It's okay..."

"No.. It's not! I'm sorry...." I shook my head.

"I said its okay baby.. Don't worry.. You looks tired anyway so its best for you to stay here and rest." he kissed my forehead.

"But you waited there...." tears formed in my eyes and I don't know why.

I'm too bad to be his girlfriend. How can I make him wait for nothing?! Damn! 

"Oh .. Baby? god! Don't cry..." he kissed my eyes.

"I-I'm.. I'm too b-bad..." 

"No you're not.. Okay.. Just kiss me and everything will be okay now for me. I'm not gonna blame you for everything, just kiss me." 

I quickly reached for him and his wet lips touches mine. He leaned a little to deepen his kiss. Everything was soft and following the rythm.

"Damn... How can I get mad at you?" he said in between our kisses.

He stopped kissing me for us to catch our breaths. He stared at me without saying anything. It's like he's memorizing every part of my face.

"Why?" I finally said after a long silence.

"Nothing... I'm just replacing those times I waited and wasn't able to look at your face."

I weakly smiled. Do I really deserve a man like him?

-----

The next morning, I woke up when someone kissed my forehead. I slowly open my eyes and saw Taeyong with his messy hair.

"Good morning, baby." he smiled.

"Good morning." I muttered.

"Time to wake up... You have to go to school today.." He hugged me and buried his face on my neck.

"Hmmm...." we both stood up. I looked at the table beside the bed and saw a breakfast above the tray.

"Breakfast in bed?" He smirked.

"You cooked this?" I asked.

"Uh-huh.."

"W-When?"

"Just a while ago." He smiled before positioning himself at my back to hug me.

I started to eat the food he cooked without saying anything. Meanwhile, he's just sitting behind me, snaking his arms around my chest and staring at me while eating the food.

"You just need to study at school okay?" he broke the silence.

I looked at him and frowned.

"Of course, I will study. What else would I do at school?"

"Like.... entertaining your fanboys there?"

I chuckled.

"Don't worry, my jealous baby." I pinched his nose.

" *sighs* The first time we got close, I was really supporting you to achieve your dream to become an idol. Now, I think I quite regretted it. Everyone wants you.."

"Same to you.. I'm not the only one who loves you right?"

"That's different!"

"No.. Its the same baby... But do you know what is the difference?"

"What?"

"They love us... But we love each other." I smiled.

He pouted to hide the smile in his face.

After the breakfast, he left for his performance at the afternoon with the boys. Meanwhile, I need to go to school to catch up the lessons I missed, specially now that the exams are coming.

"Hey! Ms. Famous!" Jae Rin shouted while waving at the opposite end of the hallway.

I waved back and she ran to me.

"Yah! How can you leave me alone here for so many days?!" she linked her arms to mine and pouted.

"Mianhe Jae Rin-ahh I'm actually so---"

"BUSY." she cutted my words. " *sighs* I know unnie... I understand. Look at them now, everywhere you go and anything you do, they're all talking about you." she looked at the people around who were looking at us.

"You're going to encounter this too if you become an idol, Jae Rin-ah." I quickly dragged her away from those stares.

"Fine!" she rolled her eyes "Anyway, the exams are coming. What will you do?" 

"What else? Of course I need to catch up as much as possible." I shrugged as we reach the classroom.

"Whoaaa.. our rising star classmate is here!"
"Hi Zoe!"
"You're getting beautiful each day, Zoe!" 

My classmates said. I just waved and smiled at them before sitting beside Jeno.

"You're the apple of the eye now." he turned to me.

"Tsk. Stop that Jeno." I chuckled.

"Why are you absent here and at the company yesterday?" 

"I was too damn tired. Photoshoots here, interviews there~ Oh. I'm not boasting."

"Hahahaha.. it's okay I understand. I had been there too. By the way, there will be an MT for us trainees before the SMROOKIES SHOW."

"MT?" My eyebrows frowned.

"Membership training. Its about socializing, team building and etc. within the trainees."

"Really? Where?"

"Busan."

"Whoaa... I had never been there." I said excitedly.

"We'll be there for a week."

"That long?!"

"Uh-huh..." he nodded.

"When?"

"I think next next week. After our exams."

I was about to ask something again but our homeroom teacher came. Hours had passed and I was too focused on studying and copying Jae Rin's notes. Even if we are eating, I'm still holding my pen and notebook. Maybe I was too pressured because of the upcoming exams. I'm afraid that I won't have any answer since I missed a lot of classes.

"So class, that final paper will be passed today. You can stay here or in the library. I will wait for it in my office until 9 pm."

"ARGHHH..."

Damn! I'm not yet even half of it!

"Hey, are you going to stay late?" Jeno said.

"Of course... I just started it a while ago since I was absent yesterday." I buried my face on my desk.

"I'll wait for you here."

"But you're nearly done." I looked at him.

"Well.. I can just hang around here if I'm done. It's too dangerous for you to go home alone if you stay late here.." he smiled.

"Komawoooo~" We fist bumped.

The classes ended and yet my classmates and I remained inside the classroom. Some of them ran to the library to get more references for our final paper. It's already 6:30 pm and all of us were still writing, encoding, and reading.

"Unnie... May I borrow your phone? The data here doesn't work. I still haven't told mom that I will be home late."

"Okay... get it on my bag." I said without looking at her.

I felt her stood up and reached for my bag.

"Unnie... Taeyong sunbaenim has a lot of messages and missed calls."

"Hmmm.." I said as I continue to focus typing my final paper.

"Aren't you going to reply?"

"Later..."

"Okay.. I'll just use this to call mom."

I just nodded.

"ARGHHHH!!!" I was startled when Min Jae suddenly shouted.

"Yah!"

"Sorry... I'm just irritated. I don't think I can finish this today." He messed his hair.

"Well, how about me?!" I rolled my eyes.

"Whoa! Chill, Zoe... Anyway, let's have dinner at our house later. Mr. Kim will drop you on your homes so it would be safe. Call? Jeno? Are you in?"

"Call!" Jeno said.

"Call..." I muttered and continued to type.

"Unnie! Your phone is already dead." Jae Rin said as she came back.

"Just put it on my bag, I'll just charge it later."

7 pm and Jeno is already done. One by one, students go home. Until, all of them were done at 8 pm except me.

"Don't pressure yourself too much, Zoe-ah. We're not going to leave you." Min Jae sat in front me and crossed his arms.

"Aishh.... It's near 9 and I'm not yet done!" 

"Zoe... Does it hurt?" Jeno suddenly asked.

"What?" I asked without looking at him.

"That bruise in your elbow. It keeps hitting your desk while you were working. I wonder if it hurts."

I didn't get what did he said so I looked at my elbow. It has a big bruise... and I don't know where did I get it.

"No it's okay..." I ignored it and continue to work.

Luckily, I finished my final paper at exactly 9 pm. Four of us decided to have dinner at Min Jae's house.

"Oh my dear, Zoe!" Mrs. Kim kissed my cheek.

"Good evening, eomonie." we greeted.

"You must be all tired today."

"So much, mom." Min Jae said.

"Come in! Let's eat."

The dinner was fun. We were all talking about Min Jae's childhood. Our memories flashed back as I told Jae Rin and Jeno about how I met him. After the dinner, Mr. Kim and Min Jae sent us to our home. I was the last one since I'm almost near to our school.

"Ahhh!! I'm so tired..." I dropped my whole body on the sofa.

I rested the back of my head to the backrest of the sofa. I closed my eyes and fixed my breathing.

"Remove your blazer so you can breathe properly." Min Jae sat beside me.

"Aren't you going home?" I removed my blazer lazily.

"This is my house tho..." he helped me removing my blazer.

"Tsss... Are we married?" I chuckled.

"Well, if you marry me then this will be yours.." he joked while massaging my hand.

"Do it on my back. It hurts." I face my back to him.

"Yah. I didn't  stay here to massage you all night! Tsk!" but he started massaging my back too ㅋㅋㅋ "You're still turning 18 but your bones are too weak."

"Try to be an idol so that you can experience this too."

"No thanks..."

"By the way, why did you choose performing arts instead of medicine or business administration? Aren't you going to take over your grandfather's company?"

"Nope. There's dad. And there's Matthew hyung too. I'll just do whatever I want.."

"I envy you.." I muttered.

*CRRRIINNGGG CRRRIINNNGGG*

"Wait. I'll just answer this call." he said and I just nodded.

I layed down and closed my eyes.

"Hello? Uh yeah... what's up? Ah... I'm with her. Uhmm.. At the condo. Yah.. Hmm.. Massaging her? Don't worry I'll take her to sleep now.." I didn't hear the next thing he said because tiredness ate me.

He must be talking to Jae Rin...

--------

The next day, I woke up still wearing my unifrom but I was already in my room. Min Jae must have carried me after I fell asleep downstairs. I was half awake when I stood up to look for my phone.

"Damn! I forgot to charge it yesterday..." I messed my hair.

I just put it on my bag and get ready for school today. I didn't ate breakfast and just rushed to the school since I don't have alarm.

"Yah, Jae Rin-ah have you brought a charger?" I said as soon as I entered the classroom.

"Whoa. What kind of greeting is that?" she back off. "I have one... in my bag." 

"Thanks." I quickly searched for her charger and plugged it.

"You didn't charged it yesterday?" 

"Yeah... I forgot because I was too tired." I sighed heavily and sat on my chair.

"You said you'll charge it even before you finished the final paper." 

"Yeah.. I'm so dumb." 

"By the way unnie... Have you already seen Min Jae?"

"Min Jae? Yeah.. Last night he was with me at the condo."

"No! I mean.. today! I think he got in a trouble."

"What?"

"He has a bruise on his left cheek. I think someone punched him."

"WHAT?! OMG DID HE GOT IN TROUBLE LAST NIGHT?!" I panicked.

"Chill, baby." Min Jae suddenly show up.

I scanned his face and saw the bruise. I tried to touch it but he avoided my hand.

"Yah! Did you got in trouble last night?!"

"Nah. I didn't do anything."

"THEN WHO DID THIS TO YOU?!" 

He smirked. And that smirk slowly turns into a loud laugh that echoes in the whole room.

"Why are you laughing, Kim Min Jae?! I'm asking you!"

"Just... Just someone who's jealous." he said and headed to his seat.

--------

Lunch time and finally my phone is fully charged. I decided to go to the soccer field and browse my phone. 

Taeyong : 70+ missed calls and 94 texts.

OMFG!!!! I COMPLETELY FORGOT TO CALL HIM YESTERDAY!!!

I quickly dialed his number and... DAMN HE'S NOT ANSWERING!

But then... I received a text from him.

From Taeyong :

Stop calling me. I'm busy.

Oh ... he's really mad ㅠ.ㅠ

I decided to call Ten oppa to ask if he's with Taeyong.

[Hello?]

"Yeoboseo? Ten-oppa! It's me... Zoe."

[OH HI ZOEEEEE!! OMG HOW ARE YOU PRINCESS?!]

"H-Hahaha I-I'm fine.."

[When will you visit again here in our dorm?]

Here in our dorm? It means that they are resting on their dorm now?

"U-Uhmmm... Maybe later? I mean... uh.. I called because I wanted to know if you guys have uhmmm schedule today because I'm planning to make a visit after class."

[Really?! But... I don't think you'll catch us up here later. We're free right now, NCT 127 has a performance at the afternoon and I'll be watching it.]

"Ah.. is that so? Where it will be then?"

[At MBC. By the way, I need to prepare now. I'll call you later Zoe.]

"O-Okay... I'll visit soon..."

He hanged up. I sighed heavily. 

Should I surprise him? He's really mad.. They're just on the dorm but he said he was busy... 

-------

After class, I rushed to go to MBC. I brought my SM ID so that I can enter. The guard quickly recognizes me so he let me enter immediately. I was walking in the hallway and everyone seems busy. Many seniors also passed by and I keep greeting them.

"Z-Zoe?" I quickly turned around and saw Jungkook sunbaenim who looks dashing in his stage outfit.

"Oh! Annyeonghaseyo sunbaenim!" I bowed.

"I knew it! I recognized you a while ago... but I never expected you to be here.. Ah! I forgot! Well, you're famous now.."

"Ayee... aniyo... I'm here to visit and support NCT."

"NCT?"

"A-Ahh yeah.. They're my senior colleagues.. and my brother is one of the members there." I awkwardly said.

"Ah right! Your brother is an idol! It's Mark Lee, am I right?"

"Yes. I'm actually here to see him perform right in front of my eyes for the first time." I chuckled.

"It's your first time?" he asked.

"Yeah.. I never seen him perform ever since his trainee days since I was in Canada."

"Ahhh.. is that so? By the way, c-can I drink a coffee with you right now? It's also been a while since we last talked. Remember? I wanna be friends with you.."

"Uhmmm... It's okay with me but... I think it will be awkward if someone may see us. You know... I was misunderstood the last time I was with an idol." I joked.

"How about in our dressing room? I'll introduce you to my hyungs." he happily said.

"A-Ahh jinjjayo? Omo... It's an honor..." I blushed.

"They know a little bit about you since you came out on the TV and I told them you were my schoolmate. Wanna meet them?"

I was about to answer but I felt a warm hand that held my waist.

"I'm sorry sunbaenim... But Mark is already looking for her now. Maybe you can introduce her to BTS sunbaenims next time." I wasn't able to move when Taeyong suddenly talked behind me. 

And damn! He's holding my waist! He's being protective right now... But people might be suspicious about us!

"A-Ah is that so?" Jungkook sunbaenim looks confused.

"A-Ah hehehehe... Maybe I'll just introduce myself formally to them next time. And let's have a coffee at school next time too h-hehehe..." I pushed Taeyong hands away and awkwardly talked to Jungkook.

"What? You're not drinking coffee right?!!" 

I was startled and looked at Taeyong. His eyebrows frowned and he looks so pissed off.

"A-Ahh hehehe what are you saying?" I gritted my teeth while saying that to look normal in front of Jungkook.

"You're not drinking coffee. You only drink strawberry milkshake." He said with full of authority.

Damn! What's wrong with him?

"Uhmmm... so I guess I'll treat you other than coffee?" Jungkook said.

"H-hahahaha... Don't mind him. Anyway, thanks for the offer. See you at school." I bowed

"O-Okay... bye..."

I quickly pushed Taeyong because he keeps glaring at Jungkook. He suddenly grabbed my wrist and dragged me at the middle of the hallway.

"W-Whooaaa! Wait---"

I was already panting because he walks so fast. He just let go of my hand when we stopped in front of the dressing room. He didn't talk to me and just entered the dressing room. I followed inside and saw everyone busy preparing.

"Oh! NOONAAAAA!!" Donghyuck shouted.

"H-hehehe hi!"

"Oh. You came!" Ten said.

"Dongsaeeengg!" Mark hugged me

"You guys look hot! Hahahaha hey!" I tapped Jae's shoulder.

"Are you here to support us?" he said.

"Of course!" I smiled.

"Hi guys! Do well later, I'll be watching. Okay?!" I said to the other members.

"Of course!!"

I sat beside Ten and let them prepare instead of talking to them. After a few minutes, Ten leaned to whisper.

"Let's go out."

I raised my eyebrow and he just smiled. He stood up and I followed. Until we ended up somewhere in the hallway that doesn't have much people.

"Why are we here?"

"Did you guys fight?"

"Who?"

"Taeyong hyung.."

"H-Huh?"

"Look... No need to hide it.. I know you guys have something." He smirked.

My eyes widened.

"H-How did you know? Did he told you?" I whispered.

"Of course not. I noticed it with my own guts and eyes." he laughed.

"W-Well... Uhmmm... he's actually mad at me right now that's why I'm here."

"Hahahaha I knew it! You know what... When they were practicing yesterday, he can't focus. He's always looking at his phone everytime he has a chance. He keeps dialing and texting. I don't know if he's worried or angry but if you add up that feelings, his facial expression is so scary. Until before midnight, he called someone and his voice raised. I know it's not you because he asked that person if he or she is with you. And i think he got the answer! Then without everyone's notice, he flew out of the building." 

"He suddenly left? W-Where did he go?"

"Didn't he go to your house? I mean... Min Jae's condo?"

"N-No... I was with Min Jae last night and I fell asleep. He's the last person who's with me last night."

"Well... I don't know too... But he seems to be so hurry. Why don't you just ask him? He's here." he smirked.

I immediately turned back and saw him standing with his dark aura again. Ten tapped Taeyong's shoulder before leaving us.

"How many boys are you planning to be with?" he asked coldly.

"W-Wait.. What?"

"Is it too hard for you to just simply text me yesterday? I was so damn worried! Ah.. right... You're busy with Min Jae to the point you forgot I exist." he smirked sarcastically.

"H-How did you know..."

"Of course! Lee Min Young! I tried to ask your friends if they're with you and he said yes! It's almost midnight and he's at your house. You and him alone! You know what he said? 'Yeah I'm here massaging her because she's tired. Don't worry I'll bring her to sleep.' and what do I ing need to think!"

"L-Lower down your voice. We're on public."

"What?.. I freaking don't care! If you care about ruining your image, well i don't care if you ruin mine! If you only think of your work, then I care about our relationship the most! I understand you... I'm trying to understand you more.. because you love being an idol and being busy is normal. But I don't freaking understand how can you forget me because you were that busy. Are you really that damn busy?!" 

"You know what... I admit. Yes, it's my fault. But you're crossing the line Lee Taeyong! I'm not just protecting my image, I also protect yours! I know its hard for you to keep this relationship as a secret but we need to endure it! There will be a right time for it. For now we need to understand each other! Tired of understanding? Then let's just stop this! I'm not choosing my work over you... I have a reason for not being able to call you and yeah, it's true that its because I'm busy... But damn... your conclusion is wrong! If you think I have time to be with Min Jae instead of calling you, try to think what really happened. Don't drop some hurtful words if you still don't know the reason of that stupid issue of yours. " tears started to form in my eyes.

I quickly passed by him but stopped after a few steps.

"I will be TOO BUSY this week and I will be gone next week... In case you want to know, before suspecting and questioning me again." I said bitterly.

--------------

Hi guys! The end is near! I'll try my best to update 2 times a week since there will be just few chapters left. I already started my draft for the sequel of this story so I hope you'll still support me hihihi...