The Truth

[NCT] Dating is not allowed!

ZOE'S POV :

  "Ahhh... you're thinking why does it have 'Jung Yoon Oh' in its name tag? That's his name. Real name."  

"Ahhh... you're thinking why does it have 'Jung Yoon Oh' in its name tag? That's his name. Real name."  

"Ahhh... you're thinking why does it have 'Jung Yoon Oh' in its name tag? That's his name. Real name."  

"Ahhh... you're thinking why does it have 'Jung Yoon Oh' in its name tag? That's his name. Real name."  

I'm running outside the locker room while playing the last words that Jungkook oppa told me. I stopped when I reached the court. I am so lost and I can't move.

"GOOOOO YOON OH-AAHHH!!!!" I don't know why but everyone's shouting but that's only voice I heard.

I slowly turned my glance to where that voice coming from. It was Yoon Jin oppa. He was standing at the right side of the bleachers, cheering for Jae. 

I looked at his eyes. I'm scared to know that he's looking at Jae right now, and actually looking at Jaehyun oppa.

My eyes started to trace his vision, it stopped to Jaehyun oppa......

Tears started to form in my eyes, and everything in the past slowly coming back to me.

"Deniseeee~" I suddenly heard a 10 years old Jae

"Zoe-ah" and followed by Jaehyun oppa's voice.

That made my tears fall down to my cheeks. My legs automatically moved to somewhere I didn't know.

(Author's note : The dialogues that she will be stated here are flashbacks only.)

"We'll meet again Denise, I promise." 

I remembered his last promise before he left.

"Be strong. I need to see a strong Denise when we meet again okay?" 

His last wish for me as my bestfriend.

"So... we don't know when will the two of you meet again but always believe that there's destiny. You might meet him when you're working, or when you already got married, or even just passing by each other. You never know, but you can always believe..." 

Yoon jin oppa said when I was longing for Jae.

"Are you okay?" 

Jaehyun oppa said when I accidentally sit at Taeyong's feet.

"Here's your bag. Be careful"

The first time I saw his smile...

"Oh. You're the kid at the airport yesterday.... right?"  

He recognized me on the second time we met. Where we bumped to each other and dropped my phone. Tsss... he called me a kid? Wow, He really changed. -_-

"No. It's okay. It's just been a week ago since i debuted. By the way, I'm Jung Yoon Oh. Jaehyun is my stage name. I'm from kpop group, NCT U."  

His last text that made me realized he was co-member of Mark.

"AAIIISHHHHH!!! YOU'RE REALLY AN IDIOT LEE MIN YOUNG!!! He already said his real name and yet you didn't even remembered it? No wonder why does it sounds familiar when Yoon Jin oppa told me that it was Jae's real name.... pabo (idiot).." I said while walking and hitting my forehead.

I finally realized that my feet brought me to the opened court where Taeyong and I rested yesterday. I heavily sighed , sat at the bench, and stared at the ground.

(flashback continued...)

I suddenly thought of our third meeting, it was when I auditioned in SM and met Mark because of him.

"You're his ex?" He suddenly asked. I almost choked up with my own saliva.

"NO!" I defended myself and he was startled. He was taken a back for a while.

"Whoa. Chill! Then what are you to him? Are you perhaps...... his sister?" He asked and not sure of what he said actually.

" Yeah. We were actually twins. Isn't obvious? " I asked and his jaw dropped. He covered his mouth and scanned my face. It was weird but he's cute.

"No wonder why I always thought of Mark whenever I see you! Daebak! Nice to meet you dongsaeng!" He shouted for joy and hugged me.

Wait. Did he just hugged me? I felt something weird in my stomach. Butterflies? Ew. Just don't Zoe! You're not supposed to feel it right now.

So it's not just me? He didn't also knew that I was Denise. It's really funny because he thought I was Mark's ex ㅋㅋㅋ

I also remembered my first day in school and the first time I saw him wearing school uniform.

"Pshhh... It was one of our dreams, to attend same school." I muttered and smiled.

"Let's go Jagiya~~ I have a girlfriend!!!!"  He raised our hand.

I suddenly remembered our fake date. I never expected that I will have a date like that with Jae...

*TUG DUG* *TUG DUG* *TUG DUG* *TUG DUG* *TUG DUG* *TUG DUG* *TUG DUG* *TUG DUG**TUG DUG* *TUG DUG* *TUG DUG* *TUG DUG* *TUG DUG* *TUG DUG**TUG DUG* *TUG DUG*

Aniya.... I did it because I knew him as Jaehyun... but the fact that he was really Jae and I like him.... WHHHHAAAAAA!!!! IS THIS WHAT THEY CALLED DESTINY?! I mean, I never knew that I was calling my first love "Jagi" at that time . OMMOOOO!!

*cccrriiiinnggggg cccrrrriiiinnnggg *

---- Mark to the Lee calling ----

"H-Hello?"

[ Zoe-ah?! Eodiya?! (where are you)]

"At the opened basketball court.... why?"

[Opened basketball court?! HYUNG-----]

---- *toot toot* ----

Eh? Why did he hang up? Should I go there now? ... I'm not yet ready to face Jae ㅠ_ㅠ

I just sighed and closed my eyes to relax my mind.

"DENISE!!!" I heard someone not too far to me.

 *TUG DUG* *TUG DUG* *TUG DUG* *TUG DUG* *TUG DUG* *TUG DUG* *TUG DUG* *TUG DUG* *TUG DUG* *TUG DUG* *TUG DUG* *TUG DUG* *TUG DUG* *TUG DUG* *TUG DUG* *TUG DUG* 

I slowly opened my eyes. I looked on the right side and saw Jaehyun oppa standing, staring at me while catching his breathe. He's still wearing his jersey, the rest of our friends including Yoon Jin oppa was behind him.

I looked at Mark, he already knew it...

I slowly stood up and faced them. Jaehyun oppa run to me, tears started to form in my eyes. Until I was trapped within his arms and my tears fell.

......


JAEHYUN'S POV : 

Our game ended and we won againts Mark's class. 

"We won bleehhhh~~" Ten hyung teased Mark.

"Tsk." Mark hit Ten's arms.

"CONGRATS GUYSS!" Our friends said.

"Ahh wait guyss... I saw my brother, I'll call him and introduce him to all of you." I said and they all nodded.

I ran to where I saw Yoon Jin hyung cheering for me a while ago.

"Yoon Oh-ah!" He raised his hand

"HYUNG!" I hugged him

"Congrats dongsaeng!" He messed my hair.

"Thank you hyung for coming. You should have brought Mom and Dad too."

"They're busy."

"By the way, you should meet my co-members and my friends." I said and we headed back to where my friends are.

"Hyung, meet my friends. Guys, my older brother. Jung Yoon Jin." I introduced him to them

"Annyeonghaseyo!" they all bowed except to Mark who was looking at Yoon Jin hyung with a shocked expression.

"Dr. Jung....?" he said.

"OH?! MARK?! OH MY GOD, MARK!!" Yoon Jin hyung said and hugged Mark.

Mark looks confused but he hugged and smiled to my brother too.

"How are you?! You're a grown up man now!" hyung said.

"You guys know each other?" I asked.

"Of course! He is Zoe's sister!" 

"Zoe? I know. But how did you know Zoe too?" I asked again.

"What are you saying Yoon Oh-ah.... Zoe! Your bestfriend, Denise!" he said.

My heart stopped from beating. I looked at my friends to find Zoe. But she's not there.

"So you were saying that you're Jaehyun hyung's older brother? and he is Zoe's bestfriend? So... He is Jae?" Mark asked.

"Ahhh.. I knew it. You guys don't know? Well, Zoe said you two didn't even met once back when you were younger. So you just knew each other lately?" Yoon Jin hyung said.

"Zoe.... was your patient, my bestfriend, Mark's sister, and I knew as Denise?" I asked.

"Yes... I was supposed to meet her today but then I knew she was studying at the same school you've been attending. She already knew that her bestfriend Jae, which is you, will be joining us on dinner."

I get it now.... you Jung Jaehyun... It was Zoe...

"W-Where is she?" I asked

"I-I'll call h-her." Mark said.

"Zoe-ah! Eodiya?! Opened basketball court?!" Mark was talking to Zoe.


Uri dasi manna, Denise..... (let's meet again, Denise)


I quickly ran outside the covered court and headed to the opened basketball court located beside the field.

"HYUNG!" Mark called me but I didn't stopped running so they followed me.

When I reached the opened court, I already saw Denise who were sitting while her eyes closed.

"DENISE!!" I shouted.

She slowly opened her eyes and looked at me. She was shocked and stood up.

I didn't waste so much time. I just run and hugged her tightly.

"I missed you.... I missed you, Denise" I muttered while burying my head on her shoulder.

"Tsss... We just met a while ago oppa." She said but her voice were cracking.

I gently pushed her away from me and faced her to me. I cupped her cheeks and wiped the tears.

We didn't said anything and we just examined our face.

"You're grew up well. You're really handsome... Jae" she muttered and smiled.

That time, my tears fell down to my cheeks. It's been 10 years since I heard that name. 

It came from a 17 year old Denise who's tall, pretty, and talented. Not from a 8 years old Denise who's so weak and unable to do things she wanted.

We hugged each other again and it was longer than the first one.

Thank you lord for letting me meet her again...

I let go of her and held her hand instead. 

"You grew up well too... You're pretty and strong now. Thanks for doing your promise to me. Thanks for being strong while I'm not beside you." I whispered.

"Tsk. Its not that easy when you left, I was so depressed and if it wasn't for your brother, I won't be able to see you again." She pouted.

"I'm sorry for leaving you... hmmm?"

"Tss.. I hate you." She pushed me.

"You hate me? Then say it straight into my eyes." I smirked.

"I-I hate you!" She shouted and looked at me.

"Okay then... I'll go now... You'll never see me again..." I acted as if I'm going to walk away.

BUT SHE DIDN'T LET GO OF MY HAND ㅋㅋㅋ

I looked at her but she wasn't looking at me while holding my hand.

"My hand..."

"H-Huh?" 

"My hand... I thought you hate me? I'll  go now..." I said.

"Tsss. *sighs*"

PFFTT... Her face got even sadder.ㅋㅋㅋ

"Denise... Don't ever say that again, hmmm? Don't push me away..." I hugged her again.

"Don't you dare. I'll break your legs so that you won't walk away." She muttered.

"Pffft... Aigooo.... I forgot that our Denise is strong now?" I .

"Yes. I'm strong now and stop teasing me as if I'm a child." she said with a serious voice.

"I'm sorry Ma'am." huhuhuhu am i being under again? 

*clap clap clap*

We both let go ourselves from hugging after we heard Yoon Jin hyung clapping while walking towards us. I looked at our friends and they were confused at what they saw from us.

"Finally.... My kids met again." Yoon Jin hyung smiled.

"It was Jaehyun hyung... I'm sorry if I didn't know Zoe. You guys might meet each other earlier than this if I knew that he was Jae." Mark said.

"Tsk... it's okay...we are both dumb too, we didn't recognized each other." Denise looked at me and smirked.

"Yah... I think the two of you should explain what we saw..." Doyoung hyung said.

Denise and I looked at each other and giggled.

......

YIYANG'S POV :

Denise? Isn't that Jaehyun oppa's first love? His first love that he won't ever forget...

And that was Zoe....?

We are all shocked and speechless while looking at them crying and hugging each other... I found myself looking at Taeyong oppa...

He's sad.... He was hurt...

He was about to run and go to Jaehyun and Zoe but Mark stopped him.

"Give them time hyung.." Mark said.

His fist clenched but remained his blank facial expression.

I know... he likes Zoe too...

------

See ya' on next chapter 😘