The sad truth

[NCT] Dating is not allowed!

ZOE'S POV:

We're all set and we will be using NCT's car.

"Join us inside the car Zoe..." Taeil said.

"Uhmmm... no thanks... I'll just be with Min Jae." I said.

"I'm fine." Min Jae said.

"Don't push her if she doesn't want to." Taeyong coldly said and quickly headed inside the car.

"Okay then. Be safe. Min Jae hyung, take care of him." Mark said.

Min Jae and I walked passed by Jaehyun oppa but I saw Yiyang walking towards us.

"Oppa?" She called.

Jaehyun oppa stopped staring at me and turned his attention to Yiyang.

"Oh... Yiyang why are you here?" he asked.

"Are all of you going somewhere? I thought you don't have any schedule today so I decided to visit." 

"We were going to amusement park to have some time with my sister." Mark said.

"Ahh... really? I guess I came in a wrong time..." 

"No. Join us. Is that okay Zoe?" Jaehyun oppa turned to me and give me a serious look.

"Sure. Why not?" I lied.

.....

"WHAAAAAAA!! IT'S BEEN A WHILEE!!!" I shouted and ran when we entered the amusement park.

"Do you still remember when we came here with Jae Rin?" Mark asked.

"Yeah! I cried because you gave your teddy bear to her instead of me." I pouted.

"Should i get you one today?" He asked.

"YES!"

We all headed to the games section with different stuff toys or teddy bears as prize.

"Mark! I want that unicorn!" I pointed out the violet unicorn.

"Whaaaa! It looks like you" Taeil oppa joked.

Mark tried to shoot 5 balls in a row and he got it!!

"WHAAAAAA!! UNICORRRNNNN!! THANKS MARK!" I hugged him.

"I'm so envious. Oppa get me one too." Yiyang clinged in to Jaehyun oppa's arm and he just looked at her.

"Zoe-ah. Look at that. Its your favorite right? Remember back in Canada?" Min Jae suddenly got my attention and pointed out the shop for different cute headbands.

"Ah right! Buy me one plssss~" I pouted.

"OKAY! I'm going to get that to you Yiyang." My attention was caught again when I heard Jaehyun oppa shouted.

"Really? Thank youuuu" Yiyang said.

"Aigoooo.. be careful! People might recognize you Jaehyun. Don't be clingy too Yiyang" Taeil oppa said.

Tsk. Is he doing it for purpose? For me to hear their flirting session clearly?! 

"Let's go?" Min Jae asked and I nodded.

We were about to leave the others but I saw Taeyong on distance who just leaned on the wall with his legs crossed and hands inside his pocket.

He was looking at Jaehyun and Yiyang with no expression but he turned his glance to us. His eyebrown frowned and he rolled his eyes. Tsk.

....

Min Jae got me a cute halo hairband and he got himself a evil hairband.

"Whooaaa you guyss were so cute. You look like a COUPLE." Doyoung said while exaggerating the word couple.

I just smiled and looked at Jaehyun oppa who's not in the mood.

"You guyss were not dating here right?" Mark joked.

"What are you saying? Hahahha" i laughed 

"Looks good. You look like an angel, and he's..  the devil." Taeyong pointed us out then walked away.

Min Jae and I looked at each other then laughed. Taeyong stopped walking and turned to us. I stopped laughing and covered Min Jae's mouth when I saw Taeyong's there's-nothing-funny-here face.

"Let's ride that roller coaster!" Doyoung oppa said.

"Yahhhhh andwaeee!!" Ten oppa cried.

"Waeee?? It will be fun!" I said.

"Y-yah... L-Let's go to other rides.... how about that?" Taeyong pointed the carousel. 

"SERIOUSLY?! Are you scared sunbae?" I smirked

"W-WHAT?! W-WHO'S SCARED?! L-LET'S GO TO THAT R-ROLLER COASTER!" he said and lead the way. Tsk. Let's see Ice Monster. 😏

....

We lined up and we splitted into partners. Jaehyun-Yiyang, Doyoung-Ten, Taeil-Mark, Me-Taeyong. Min Jae decided not to join us because the last time I rode with him back in Canada, he cried for hours and unable to walk ㅋㅋㅋ I seated beside Taeyong so that he can prove he's not scared.

The rollercoaster started to move upward. So far, Taeyong maintained his cold face.

"WHAAAA!! IT'S A NICE VIEW!" I shouted while we're going upward.

"IF YOU WANTED TO LOOK AT NICE VIEW YOU SHOULD RIDE THAT, NOT THIS." he pointed out the ferris wheel. 

The coaster stopped at the highest peek. Taeyong's hand held the metal in front tightly. 

"WE'RE GOING DOWN ICE MONSTERRRR!!" I shouted.

"W-WHAT----- AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! MIN YOUNG AHHHHHH!!!!!!!" he shouted when we go down

"WHHHEEEEEEEEE~~~" I raised my arms up and feel the air.

He suddenly reached for my right hand and pulled it down. He hugged my arm and shouted while closing his eyes.

"HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA" i laughed

"WHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!" he shouted.

.....

The ride was done and everyone looks exhausted.

"Whoooo! That was so fun!" I ran to Min Jae.

"Yeah.... look at you hahaha" he fixed my hair.

I looked at the others and Taeyong seated on the floor. While Jaehyun oppa looked at us seriously.

"Grrrppp.. grpppp... mmwoaaaaa!!" Ewwwww.. Ten oppa vomited.

"Gwaenchanayo? (Are you okay?)" I asked everyone but It seems like I'm the only one who enjoyed this ride.

"Zoe-ah! Come here.." he pulled me and left them.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

He didn't answered and I just followed him until we stopped in front of Ferris Wheel.

"Tadaaaa~"

"Are we going to ride this now?!" I asked happily

"Yup! Alone." He smiled and we rode it.

The wheel started to turn. 

"You always wanted to ride this right?" He asked.

"Yeahh... its so pretty down there..." I said while looking at the view.

"You said you can't ride this one with someone...." 

"Huh?"

"Don't you remember? You said the first time we ride this, you never had a chance to ride it with someone...."

I wasn't able to speak because he was pertaining to Jae. We were so young back then that's why we can't ride it with just the two of us.

"So I tried my best to be the one who'll bring you here first...." he held my hand.

"I may not the one who promised you, but I'm lucky to do that promise." He weakly smiled.

"W-What are you saying Jae?.... You're scaring me.... are you going somewhere again?..." tears formed in my eyes.

"No... shhh.... I'm not going anywhere... Unless you're the one who'll leave me..." he hugged me.

"T-then why...."

"You've been a strong girl Zoe. And I'm thankful that it was because of me." He kissed my forehead.

"I know you haven't forget him completely but I'm still happy that you became stronger." He my hair 

"Tell me why are you saying these Jae..." tears fell down.

"Zoe-ah... Call me Min Jae... Min Jae oppa...." he cupped my face.

"W-why...."

"Because it hurts to hear you calling me Jae..." he burst out in tears and hugged me.

"I'm sorry..... "I cried with him.

"No.... I know its the best for you... To see me as Jae. I never knew that you were breaking down behind those smiles you're giving me...  I never knew that there's someone who makes you sad everytime I'm making you happy..." he wiped my tears.

"I'm sorry if I used you...." 

"No... I'm lucky that you used me. I had like you from the very start. No, I loved you. You know that my goal is to make you happy. Even though you see me as another person..."

"I wasn't able to be strong when he left me... I was too depressed, waiting for him. My health wasn't good. I can't sleep, I can't eat. Thinking of when will he come back. Because he was the only one who makes me feel that I have a friend who will always be there... But you came Min Jae... I wanted to forget him but I can't.... that's why I used you..." i explained and cried even more.

"I know.....I already know.... I don't have any regrets on pretending to be Jae..." he smiled.

"B-but when did you know that there's another Jae?" I asked.

"Remember when you fainted during your PE class? I was too worried that I cutted classes just to be with you in the hospital. You were too high because of what they inject to you and called me Jae. Yes, you were calling me that ever since. But the difference is you cried. You repeated saying that I came back. That I will never leave you again... The next day, you were crying asking where is he. I don't know who...  You were depressed again and unable to talk to me. I secretly asked your parents on what can I do. Then they told me about the real Jae. That he's been taking care of you when you stayed in the hospital but eventually left. So I decided to stand up as Jae...." he explained.

"I'm sorry....." tears fell down again

"Shhh... that's for my princess. I'm your knight right? I'll do everything just for you... Now, let's be real and see me now as Min Jae... It hurts when I hear you calling me Jae... You know how much I love you Zoe.."

I nodded and he smiled widely.

"Put oppa together with my name" he joked.

"Waeeee? Just Min Jae."

"No 바보! (Idiot) I'm a year older than you remember? I stopped studying for 2 years just to be your classmate. Well, if I'm not mistaken I should be the same level as Jae right now?" He asked.

"I don't know.... you made me forget him then now you're asking me?" I rolled my eyes.

"Okay your highness~" we both laughed.

Talking with him like this suddenly thought me of when did I start to live in  a lie... the day I met him, and made him my new Jae...

[FLASHBACK]

"Hey you look like a paper! You're so thin! HAHAHAHAHA" the chubby boy said.

"Look! The wind is here~" the other boy pushed me.

"Oppsss! The paper fell! HAHAHAHHAHA!" 

"HEYYYY!! STOP IT!!!" a boy came.

"Who are you?!"

"I'm her knight? Why?!"

"Knight?! Pfffttt! Stop reading fairytales."

"Why? You look like one of the monsters in fairytales!" He sticked his tongue out.

"WHAT?!"the chubby boy was about to pushed him but he avoided it.

The chubby boy fell and cried.

"Are you okay?" The knight boy asked.

"Hmmm...." I nodded.

"Come my princess! Let me take you far away..." he lend his hand.

I accepted it and we ran.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Kim Min Jae."

"Ahhh... korean?"

"Yup."

"M-my name is Zoe." I said.

"Zoe?! What a beautiful name. Let's be friends Zoe." He lend his right hand again.

I just stared at it because he was the first one who asked me to be friends ever since I got out of the hospital.

"Owww come on~"

"C-can I call you..... J-Jae?" I asked.

"Jae? Sure! Since I got a nickname... it means were friends now?!" He happily asked.

"Hhmmmm!" I nodded

-----

This is a bit long. If you think Taeyong-Zoe couple is sinking, just wait. 😂