Scandal

[NCT] Dating is not allowed!

ZOE'S POV:

I woke up early in the morning because of the noise from the doorbell. I checked my phone and its 5:00 am in the morning. I also saw 30+ missed calls and texts.

But the person who's pressing the doorbell is more important. I my hair using my hand while heading out of the room. I ran downstairs and checked who's outside.

"Nuguseyo? (who are you)"

"Its me. Sora unnie."

Why would Manager Hong be here at this hour.

"Manager unnie?" I opened the door and saw her anxious face.

She held my wrist and quickly headed inside. She closed the door and pulled me to the living room.

"Zoe-ah! Why aren't you answering my calls?!"

"I-I'm sorry. It was dead last night." I opened my phone to check the missed calls but she took it away.

"Zoe-ah... Listen... You have to answer me honestly in every questions I'll ask you, okay? You don't have to be scared.."

I nodded with confusion.

"Are you dating Jaehyun?"

My eyes widen and shakes my head immediately.

"A-Aniyo unnie!"

"Tell me honestly..."

"I'm telling the truth! We're just friends!"

She sighed and pulled out her Ipad. She typed something before showing it to me.

"How about these pictures? Is it you? with Jaehyun?"

I started to get nervous when I saw our stolen pictures from last night. When Jae and I talked at Han River. But what scares me is they took us while hugging. The title of the article makes me want to freak out!

"Rookie SM Idol, NCT U Jaehyun was found having a late night date with a rumored SM Trainee"

I read the contents of the article and they gathered evidences that I'm really a SM trainee. Pictures of me going in and out of SM Building, hanging out with SMROOKIES members in school since they're my classmates, and eating with NCT on the school's cafeteria.

But they seem to have lack of information about my identity so they tried to dig up. They found nothing that will make them think that I'm just his friend. So they conclude that I'm really dating Jae.

DAMN.... I knew it... We shouldn't just go out by ourselves.

"I said is it you?"

"Y-Yeah... B-But we're not dating! We're friends!"

"But why did the two of you go out just by yourselves at that hour? and what? Hugging in the dark place?"

I closed my eyes and held my forehead. I sighed heavily. Maybe I should confess that Jae and I were friends before and Mark can prove that because he is my brother.

"Believe me unnie... We're just friends."

"Then prove it. How can you explain to everyone that this picture doesn't mean anything? Zoe... I know you and Jaehyun just met recently, when you auditioned! I was there! I saw that the two of you are still awkward that time! Then you got close to all of NCT members! So tell me when did the two of you start your relationship."

"No.. He's actually my childhood friend."

"What?"

"That time, I just knew him as Jaehyun who is my senior colleague. But later on, her older brother Dr. Jung Yoon Jin showed up. Yoon Jin oppa used to be my personal doctor when I had a leukemia at the age of 8. His family lived in Vancouver too so I met the 10 years old Jae. We've became friends. He always visit me in the hospital to keep me entertained. But we were seperated for 10 years. Jae and his parents headed back here in Korea. That's why its just a friendly hug. Yes, we were careless because we go out late at night to bond. We actually used to do that too before. But things changed, he's an idol now. We can't do anything we used to do when we were younger. NCT members knew that. I know they will defend me if they see these articles. But Mark knows better. Because he is my twin brother."

"T-Twin brother?!"

"Yes. Zoe Lee, Mark Lee. Lee Min Young, Lee Min Hyung."

She stared at my face and she started to realize it.

"Oh my god. Now that you said it, I realized that your facial features are really alike! I know people will believe that you were twins! Why didn't you tell me?"

"I... I need to hide that fact not until I am revealed as SMROOKIE member.."

"Okay... So Mark can prove that you and Jaehyun were just friends?"

"Yeah..."

"Then later, you need to come with me on SM Building. The director, NCT manager, and Jaehyun will be there. We will be having a meeting before releasing a statement. Now that you say Mark is your brother, we need his statement too. And there's a big chance that fans will not hate you because of these facts. Why? Because you are one of the member's brother and a dear friend of another member. They need to love you too" She smiled.

I hope so...

I washed up and get ready. I wore black jacket, ripped jeans, white sneakers, and black mask. Manager unnie said that there are reporters waiting in front of SM Building.

"Are you nervous?" she asked while we were travelling.

I nodded.

"Can i use my phone unnie?"

"Zoe... No. You'll just get depressed if you see it. You should also delete all of your accounts. You will be SMROOKIES member too." she sighed.

But I need to talk to Taeyong!

"I-I won't unnie. Please... I'll delete my accounts right now."

She sighed before giving my phone. I quickly scanned it and saw missed calls from Taeyong, Manager-unnie, Mark, and Jae. There are also some texts from them.

From Taeyong :

Friday, 11:08 pm

Baby, where are you?

Friday, 11:10 pm

Goeun said you already left. Are you at home?

Friday, 11:25 pm

Baby you're not answering my calls :(

Friday, 11:30 pm

Please tell me if you're at Min Jae's condo. I'm damn worried right now...

Saturday, 12:00 am

I'm just being paranoid right? You must be tired and sleeping already. Good night, baby. I love you~

Saturday, 3:01 am

Goodmorning baby! I didn't sleep :( I miss you, baby...

Saturday, 3:30 am

Answer my calls.

Saturday, 3:32 am

Wake up, Lee Min Young.

Saturday, 3:35 am

So you're avoiding my calls last night because of Jaehyun? Is it true?

Saturday, 3:40 am

DAMN! I'M TRYING MY BEST NOT TO KICK THE DOOR OF JAEHYUN AND MARK'S ROOM BUT YOU'RE NOT TELLING ME IF ITS TRUE OR NOT! I MIGHT JUST PUNCH HIM RIGHT NOW.

Saturday, 3:45 am

Please baby... Tell me that its not true. I'm going to understand your explanation please answer my calls.

Saturday, 3:50 am

I'm going to talk to Jaehyun then.

Saturday, 4:00 am

He's not here. Sh*t are you with him?!

Saturday, 4:15 am

Please baby... Tell me if you're with him or not. Whatever your reason is, I'll accept it. I can't go out of our dorm right now.

Saturday, 4:50 am

I'm on my way baby...

Saturday, 5:00 am

Better explain these bullsh*ts to me..

Saturday, 5:30 am

Open the door.

Saturday, 5:35 am

WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU?! THE GUARD SAID YOU LEFT!!!

Saturday, 5:40 am

Baby please... You said you're not gonna leave me right?

 

I silently cried after reading his texts. I replied once to ensure to him that I'm okay.

To Taeyong:

I'm sorry, baby... I'm not going to leave you. I'll just fix my problem. I'm sorry... and always remember that I love you, only you...

I need to be strong and face him later. He deserves an explanation. Because he's my boyfriend. Unlike what people are saying right now, its not really Jae. Taeyong owns me. He's the real one. I'm just dumb to entertain Jae like I used to. Even though he takes my actions with different meaning. 

We arrived at SM Building. I wore mask since there are many reporters who are waiting at the parking lot. 

"Are you ready?" manager unnie asked.

I heavily sighed before nodding. She held the handle and quickly opened the door. The reporters rushed towards us that's why So Ra unnie hugged me and we walked together.

"Are you really a SM trainee?"
"Is it true that you are dating NCT's Jaehyun?"
"How long have you dating him secretly?"
"Did you started dating back on Jaehyun-ssi's trainee days?"

I just looked down and walked with Manager-unnie. So that's what they wanted to ask...

We headed to the conference room. There, I saw some Directors from different department and managers. I quickly seated on my chair and unable to look at their intense gaze. In front of me was NCT's manager together with Jaehyun who's looking at me shocked and worried.

Everyone's busy with their phones except me and Jae. Until someone opened the door and revealed the NCT members. My eyes widened when I saw Taeyong who looks devastated and angry at the same time. Mark walked and hugged me.

"Ok let's start." The director said.

"As you all know, the issue that we are facing right now is about the dating rumor of NCT Jaehyun and trainee Zoe Lee. 'NCT Jaehyun found dating a trainee in the middle of the night in Han River' they said. Is it true? Let me hear Jaehyun's words first."

He slowly looked at me and sighed. I can see the pain in his eyes.

"N-No" he looked down.

"Is that all?"

He remained silent.

"How about you Zoe? What can you say?"

I sighed to get some courage to tell them everything.

"It's n-not true. We're just friends. Even before I became a trainee here." I looked at their reactions. All of them seems to be shocked. Well, I already expected that. I turned my glance at Taeyong, but he's just looking at the bottle of water in front of him.

"10 years ago, Jaehyun sunbaenim and I already knew each other. His older brother, Jung Yoon Jin-oppa was a family friend. He was one of my mom's student in a medical school. Later on, my father recognize him as a great doctor in the hospital that my family owned in Canada. I was diagnosed with a leukemia at a very young age. I was locked up in the hospital room. I'm not allowed to go out and play like what a 8 year old kid do. One time, I decided to go out without letting my parents or nurses know. Then I met Jaehyun sunbaenim, he was 10 years old back then. He was there at the hospital to visit Dr. Jung. After talking to him, something happened to me. Luckily he has a brother who's a great doctor, and became my life saver. His brother became my personal doctor over a year. During those times, Jae always visits me and became my playmate. Then he left. After 10 years, I met him accidentally at the airport the day they came back from China for NCT U's debut. I never knew it was him. I also never thought I'll met him for the second time accidentally in a mall. My phone was broken because we bumped into each other. We texted each other to settle things. The next day, So Ra unnie casted me. I planned to auditioned and told Jae. We became good friends in a short period of time. He was also the reason why I met my brother again after how many years. It was Mark." their eyes widened except for NCT members who just sighed.

"I-Is it true Mark?" one of them asked.

"Ye. She is my twin sister."

"What?! Why didn't you told us right after you passed the audition?!" they asked me.

"I'm sorry." I bowed.

"Let her continue, Director Cha." So Ra unnie said.

"Mark knew about my playmate, Jae. But he never saw it in person. That's why we found out about that fact too late. Jae and I were friends even before we knew about our past. We just got very close after Yoon Jin oppa's revelation. If he didn't called and visited me, I wouldn't realize that I already met my old friend. Mark knew how close we was back then because I always told the memories I had with him. And how much I want to see him again. So what happened last night,  what people are talking about, and what they all saw was completely misunderstanding. We're not dating. We're friends. No, we're best friends. We cared for each other more like a brother and sister. It was completely opposite of what they had said." 

They nodded and seem like satisfied with my explanation.

"Do you have something to say Mark?"

He nodded.

"First of all, I apologize for not telling everyone about my relationship with Zoe. Yes it's true. She's my twin sister. Everyone here, even our fans knew that I have a twin sibling but I never showed her picture or tell some infos about her to anyone. I left her years ago in Canada to fulfill my dream as a singer, while she is fighting and recovering. I want her to have a peaceful life. Then she came here without notice. I never knew I'll met her again after years by seeing her as a trainee. She wants me to keep it as a secret because of some circumstances. Then we found out that the Jae she was talking about years ago was my co-member, Jaehyun hyung. I'm not actually too shocked, same with the other members, about seeing them hugging or something because we knew how close they are. But we were so worried because of the negative things that people are saying to my sister. I can assure you that he's not her boyfriend. He's just her bestfriend. Nothing more." he seriously said.

"Does everyone agree?"

NCT members nodded.

"We now understand the real relationship between Jaehyun and Zoe because Mark is the one who can fully defend them. But can you please tell me why are the two of you alone at Han River in the middle of the night?"

"I asked her out after our practice and her training last night since we'll be both busy next week. We used to hang around but because of out hectic schedule, we can't be the same anymore. She was aware that I must not go out with her alone because I'm an idol so she suggested to invite her brother and other members. We both agreed to it but... I never told the members about that matter."

My eyes widened. He lied to me?!

"I-I told her that they don't want to join us but the truth is I told the members to go home without me. I-I just wanted to have solo time with her. We just talked about some problems, thoughts, and other stuffs. We got too sad to the point we hugged each other. There was n-no other meaning behind that hug. I swear." he looked down.

"So... you lied to her?"

"Y-Yes."

"Do you like her?"

My heart started to pump so fast. I'm so damn nervous. Please, Jae! Don't tell them for god's sake! 

He looked at me as if he's asking a permission to tell the truth or not. I slowly closed my eyes to calm myself until he broke the silence.

"N-No. I-I just wanted to talk to her privately. Just the two of us... Like we used to do..."

"Okay then. Any other objections about their statements?"

"......."

"Then we're settled. We'll finalize the official statement now. You may dismissed first. I'll call all of you again later before we release it for some reminders."

We all nodded. All of them stood up and one by one left the conference room. I stayed there until I was the only one left. I buried my face to my hands and cried. Until I felt a warm hand on my shoulder.

"D-Denise..."

I slowly looked up and saw Jae who's about to cry too.

"I-I'm sorry..."

"No... Its okay." I shook my head.

"I lied to you.."

"I know why you did that.. and I should be the one to apologize.."

"I was too careless. I didn't think this far."

"If I just let you open to me like that, you won't have to lie to me." I smiled weakly.

"Isn't your time last night enough for you to have 'bonding' or whatsoever?" 

Jae and I were both startled when we heard Taeyong's voice behind. He was glaring at us while leaning on the door.

"T-Taeyong oppa..."

"I don't know what should I believe anymore.." he shook his head before leaving.

I was about to chase him when I realized that I was with Jae.

"G-Go... I'm okay." he smiled bitterly.

I sighed. I shouldn't lie anymore. I'll go where my heart goes.

Then I left him...

 

-----

 

First of all, I want to apologize for taking too long before updating. I think its already in 3rd week... Well, the first week was because of the school works. 2nd week was because of the death of my grandmother, we held her wake at some place without wifi so I can't update. And also those weeks, we have some problems about our wifi. I can only use wifi in school, but for research purposes only. I can't be online in other sns. Thank you for waiting and still supporting my story. Love you guyss~ -jaeyong_nct