Min Jae's 19th Birthday

[NCT] Dating is not allowed!

TAEYONG'S POV:

I don't get it... I thought Jaehyun is her first love?

"Marry him?"

"Yeah. And the ending... We didn't live happily ever after. I didn't marry him and he was engaged with someone else. Kkeut! (end)" She sighed.

I stared at her. There's a pain in her eyes...

"I thought Jaehyun is your first love?"

"You're right. I met him first, and I loved him first. Matthew is the second."

I want to be the third and last... I don't want you to go back on your first and second.

"Hey sunbae!"

"H-huh?"

"I said let's go back inside and sleep. Its getting cold here."

"A-Ah... O-Okay..."

We headed back inside and parted ways when she reached her room. I decided to go up and sleep too.

-------

ZOE'S POV:

"Go Matthew!!!" I shouted.

There's a basketball match here in the University where my Mom's teaching. Jae (Min Jae) invited me here so he can support his cousin. But I noticed I was the only one who's cheering for him.

"3 points!"
"WHAAAAA!!!"
"OMG MATTHEW MY LOVES"

"Tsk." I was so annoyed so I sat down.

I looked at Matthew and he was staring at me while catching his breath. Then... HE WINKED AT ME!

"Omg. Who's that girl?"
"Is it his sister?"
"She looks Korean too."

I suddenly blushed and shyly smiled at Matthew.

"Yah. Stop it. Its so disgusting." Jae (Min jae) said.

We glared at each other.

"Why aren't you cheering for your cousin?"

"You're too loud enough to cheer him." He rolled his eyes.

"At least I'm being supportive!"

"Then join his fangirls there!"

"What the heck is your problem huh?"

"Yah." He leaned closer. "Do you like Matthew hyung"

"W-WHAT?! N-NO?!"

"Stop lying. You're too obvious." He shook his head

"Am I?"

"I knew it." He sighed.

------

"OMG?!"
"HE'S SO HANDSOME?!"
"WHO IS HE LOOKING FOR?!"

Students are shouting inside of the cafeteria. I didn't even bothered to look at them because I was too busy reading my book.

"Z-Zoe... Hey Zoe!" Samantha called me

"What?"

She looked up and I did too. I was shocked when I saw Matthew standing beside me while holding a bouquet of white roses.

"H-Hi Zoe... F-For you.." he gave me the flowers shyly.

"AYYYYIIIIEEEEE!!!" everyone shouted and teased us.

I accepted it and unable to look at him.

"W-What are you doing here?"

"Uhmmm... uhh.... C-Can I talk to you privately?" He asked while rubbing the back of his neck.

"S-Sure."

I decided to bring him to the open field. We sat at the bench and both of us were so awkward.

"U-Uhmmm... I'm sorry if I came here on your school."

"N-No it's okay..."

"I don't know when can I say it so I need to do this as soon as possible.."

"W-What is it?"

"I.... I like you!" He shouted while his eyes closed.

I was shocked but then I smiled widely. He slowly opened his eyes and looked confused.

"D-Don't you like me too?" He sighed with disappointment. "I-It's okay.. Its okay I can wait---"

"I like you too, oppa."

He smiled widely and hugged me.

-------

"U-Uhhmmm.... Sweetie?"

"Yes, sweetie?" I asked without looking at him.

I'm busy doing my assignments when he suddenly back hugged me. He buried his face on my neck and I can feel his breath.

"Is there any problem?"

"I love you..."

I put my pen down and faced him. He looks sad that's why I cupped his face.

"I love you too..." I kissed him on his lips fast.

He smiled weakly and held my hand.

"But why do I feel you're not yet mine?"

I avoided his eyes and sighed.

"It's okay... I'll wait... As long as you love me..." he kissed my hand.

I'm sorry Matthew.. I'm not yet ready..

-----

We're having a family dinner with Kim Family.

"Matthew will be turning 21 tomorrow. He's going to graduate before Min Jae and Zoe. So I'm planning to marry him off to Chairman Cowell's granddaughter soon."

I dropped my fork due to shock.

"Really?! That's great?" My dad said.

"I was planning to take Zoe as my granddaughter-in-law but she's too young. Maybe I can have her by Min jae?" Chairman Kim laughed

I looked at Matthew and he's angry.

"Well, Min Jae is just a year older than my daughter. They're good friends too, maybe after they graduate we can hear the wedding bells?" My dad joked.

They stopped laughing when Matthew suddenly stood up and walked towards me. He suddenly held my hand and our family were shocked.

"I'm not going to marry anyone unless its Zoe." He said.

"Oh my gosh." Mom covered .

"What are you saying, Matthew?!" Chairman Kim said.

"Zoe and I... were dating. We love each other."

"Is that true, Zoe?" Dad asked.

"Ye... abeoji..."

"HA HA HA HA! I knew it! Okay, Matthew. You should have told me sooner. What do you think Chairman Lee? Will you accept my grandson to be your son-in-law?"

"O-Of course, Chairman Kim!"

I was too nervous that time... son-in-law? I'm going to marry at the age of 16?!

"C-Can I talk to Matthew, harabeoji?"

"Of course! Go ahead and plan your wedding HA HA HA!"

I pulled Matthew outside the mansion and headed to the garden.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"Why? I'm sorry sweetie, I know you're not ready to tell them but--"

"That's not what i am pertaining to! Its okay for me if they know about us because on this situation, we have no choice! But marraige?! Matthew, I love you but...." I sighed

"Sweetie, I did that because I don't want you to marry someone else! You love me right? Our ending will be marraige too..."

"But not now! Damn! I'm still 16!"

"16 is already legal here in Canada, Zoe. You love me right?" He cupped my face "Then let me marry you..."

"Marry me, Zoe. I love you..." he whispered will crying.

I held his hand and slowly put it down.

"I love you Matthew... But I can't. I'm sorry..." I turned back and walked away.

.....

"Unnie! Unnie! Wake up!" Someone's shooking my body.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw everyone. I sat up and I feel so weak.

"Are you okay?" Jae sat beside me and supported my body.

"What are you doing here?" I asked all of them.

"You're having a bad dream. Jae Rin called us. We saw you crying and sweating so hard." Min Jae said

I touched my face and it was so wet. My neck and back were wet too.

"I'm okay now. Its just a bad dream.... a really bad dream." I sighed.

"Are you sure? You should take a rest." Mark asked.

"No I'm okay... Min Jae and I still need to prepare." I smiled.

-----

7 pm, Min Jae and I were waiting inside the KIM FAMILY's resthouse.

"Are you nervous?" I asked.

"A little bit. I'm not used to have a party like this."

I gave him box a of red sneakers, that's my gift to him.

"Happy Birthday." I said.

"Wow. Thank you, Zoe." He said and hugged me.

*knock knock*

"The party will now start."

"Let's go?" He lend his arm.

"Let's go, birthday boy. I'm yours tonight." I chuckled and linked my arm to his.

"Let's all welcome, the birthday celebrant, Mr. Kim Min Jae!"

*clap clap clap*

We stood at the end of the big stairs and smiled in front of guests.

"With his beautiful partner and his bestest friend, Ms. Zoe Denise Lee!"

*clap clap clap*

I smiled widely and looked at Min Jae.

"I like that 'beautiful' word" i whispered to him.

"Hahahaha, let's go?"

I nodded and we took each steps down and welcomed like a King and Queen ㅋㅋㅋ

I just sit beside Min Jae during the first half of the program, after that the dinner had started.

Min Jae and I stood up and greet the guests in every table. We reached the table of our friends.

"Happy Birthday, Min Jae!"

"Thank you guys, enjoy the food!"

"Yah! Take care of my sister!" Mark said.

"I will. She's mine just for tonight." Min Jae joked.

"Young master."

"Yes?"

"Young Master, Matthew came with his wife. They're with Chairman and he wants you and Ms. Zoe Lee to have dinner there."

I looked at the table where Min Jae's family is. My heart dropped when I saw Matthew who's happily talking to his... wife

"Zoe?"

"H-huh?"

"Are you okay? Do you still want to go there?"

"Mmm... Let's go."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah it's okay... It would be rude if I don't come with you." I weakly smile.

This is it, Zoe. Show him that you already moved on.

"Oh here he is." Chairman Kim said.

"Hey bro! Happy Birthday!" Matthew stood up and hugged him.

"Thanks for coming hyung."

"H-Hi, Zoe."

He's awkward.

"Hey, nice to meet you again." I smiled widely.

"Let's eat?" Min Jae's dad said.

I'm sitting beside Min Jae and in front of Matthew and his wife.

"You look beautiful today, Zoe." Grandma said

"Kamsahamnida, halmeonie."

"You really changed, Zoe. You're a woman now." Matthew suddenly talked.

"Mmm.. Puberty." I joked.

"What do you think, hon? Is she pretty?" he asked his wife.

Tsk. Do he really need to ask his wife's opinion?!

"Yes, she is! I bet many boys are falling for her charms."

"Hahaha yeah. But too busy with my studies." I faked laugh and smile.

"Busy? Or is it because you're too young?" He asked and smirked.

you Matthew.... Don't make me start.

"Both? Well, I'm not the person who's eager to be in a relationship TOO EARLY..." I sarcastically said.

I saw how he got annoyed on what I said. I smirked and continued eating.

"Hahahah... That's cute! By the way, what did you take that makes you busy?" His wife nicely asked.

It seems like she doesn't know anything about us.

"Performing Arts. Min Jae and I took Practical Music." I smiled.

"Aren't you going to take Medicine?" Matthew asked.

"Oh... so you know my first plan? Hahaha sorry but I changed my mind. I'm into music and this course helps me before I become a kpop idol." I smirked.

"Ahhh... that's why you're so pretty. You really look like a celebrity." His wife complimented.

"Thanks."

"Did you really wanted to study music or you just wanted to be with my cousin?" He sarcastically asked.

"Matthew!" Min Jae's dad said.

"Waeyo? It seems like they were into each other. After 1 year, I never knew Min Jae will choose Zoe as his partner instead of his girlfriend." He smirked.

"Hyung. Don't ruin my party." Min Jae tried his best to look calm.

"Oh. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to."

I looked at Chairman Kim and I can see he's already angry.

"Excuse me, I think I need to go to my friends. I'll let your family have privacy." I stood up.

"Are you okay?" Min jae asked.

"Yeah, I'll just go and talk with them." I smiled and patted his shoulder.

"I'll go to you later." He said and I nodded.

"Anyway, nice to meet you Mrs. Kim. I'm Zoe Lee , what's your name?" I smiled and lend my hand to his wife.

"Stella. Stella Cowells-Kim." She smiled back.

I looked at Matthew and smirked playfully.

He's still bitter. Damn you, Matthew Kim.

"Hey guys." I said.

"What's wrong? Where's Min Jae?" Mark asked.

"He's having a dinner with his family."

"Are you okay, Unnie?" Jae Rin asked.

"Hmmm? Y-Yeah... why?" I seated between Taeyong and Jae since that's the only vacant seat.

"We noticed that things are not good there." Jae pointed Kim Family's table.

"*sighs* Honestly, yes. That's why I ran away." I chuckled.

"Who the is that? He staring at you, Zoe." Mark said.

I looked at where he was looking and saw Matthew who's staring at me.

"Ughh.. Sh*t. Damn it!" I muttered.

"Are you okay? Did he do something to you?" Jae asked.

"He's Matthew, right?" Taeyong suddenly spoke while staring at his wine.

"Yeah.." i sighed.

"Who's Matthew, Unnie? You guys were talking about him yesterday and we got scared because the topic was so intense!"

"She's right. Just who is he, Zoe? He can't take off his eyes on you." Doyoung oppa said.

What are you doing, Matthew?

"Excuse me, I'll just go to the washroom." I stood up and quickly headed out of the hall.

I walked straight to the poolside of resort few steps away from the hall. I need to calm myself.

"Zoe." My body froze when I heard hs voice.

. Leave me alone!

"Sweetie..." he called me.

I got angry and quickly faced him.

"WHAT THE DO YOU WANT MATTHEW?! SWEETIE? YOU!" I shouted.

"I missed you...."

Miss me? Heol.

"Just go back inside, Matthew. I need to calm myself because I freaking hate your attitude!"

He sighed and looked down. I quickly walked away but he followed.

"Zoe! Please talk to me! Hey! Sweetie--"

"SHUT YOUR ING MOUTH BECAUSE ITS DISGUSTING TO HEAR THAT WORD FROM A MARRIED MAN!" I faced him and shouted.

He was taken aback and I tears started to form on his eyes.

Don't you dare to cry because its your ing fault...

"I-I'm.... I'm sorry... I'm sorry Zoe." He cried.

.

"Stop saying sorry because it already happened. I'm happy now with my life, and you're happy with your wife. Let's just forget it." I sighed and looked away.

"I don't love her... Zoe... I still love you. I never stopped loving you. I know there's some feelings for me left in your heart. Please come back to me sweetie..." he cried more.

"Matthew do you hear yourself?! Are you crazy?! You're married now and then you're going to ask me back? WTF?!"

"I married her because you don't want to marry me!"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAA! YOU CRAZY BASTARD! You married her because I rejected you? Well that's fine! But taking me back?! You're crazy.... Have you ever considered your wife's feeling if she heard this? You want me to become your mistress? Tell me?! Because I ing don't understand why did you marry her and abandoned me when you still love me!" I cried.

"Its because of the business matters. They want me to married a great business partner... I can't do anything about it because I owe my life to Chairman Kim. He helped me after my parents died. When he changed his mind after I revealed that we're in a relationship, I'm so happy. It gave me a lot of hope. I thought you'll accept my proposal, but you rejected me... In the end, I wasn't able to do anything and just married that woman. After the wedding I came back to Canada and found you nowhere. When Secretary Choi said you're here, I was so excited. I hoped that you're still in love with me and take you back..." he buried his face in his hand.

Is it... my fault?

"I'm sorry... I didn't know... Its true, I loved you but I rejected you because I was too young. One day, I just knew you married that girl. I tried to confirm it to Min Jae but their family moved here. So i just decided to move on... since you already have your own family..."

"Sweetie... We can take our love back. You're still single right? You said you won't have boyfriend until you reached 18. Please Zoe..." he held my hand and kissed it while begging on his knees.

I started to cry silently because I pity him.

"Matthew..." i kneeled and looked at his face. "You have your wife now. Sooner or later you will build a family. Let's just leave our love on the past. We used love each other in a wrong time. Let's move on."

"Please sweetie... I can't! I stayed in Canada hoping that you'll be back because Chairman Lee said you ran away from your house. I waited... Stella knows about this. 1 year after our marriage, we'll have a divorce. She'll let me free.... And you're turning 18 right? We can continue our relationship now! Sweetie please... I waited for us to have opportunity like this."

I closed my eyes and cried. I can't believe on what he said!

"I.... I can't... Matthew please... Stand up now. Let's go back inside they must be starting. Let's just forget what we had talked about tonight." I helped him got up and started to walk away.

But he back hugged me....

"Sweetie.... I love you.. I really love you... If you want me to wait, then I will.... Please..." he buried his face kn my neck and cried.

"Baby?"  We both stopped crying when someone walked towards us.

"Baby, what's happening here?"

Taeyong sunbae?

Matthew slowly let go of me and looked at Taeyong.

"Who are you?! What are you doing to my girlfriend?!" Taeyong shouted.

He grabbed my wrist at pulled me to hide on his back.

Girlfriend? What?

"Let go of her." Matthew said.

"Why am I going to let go of my girlfriend huh?!"

"Sweetie... Come here... Let's talk."

"Sweetie? Ahh.... So you're Matthew? It seems like you already had a long talk. Did you already told him, baby?" He looked at me.

Baby? Me?!

"H-huh?"

"Stop that act mister. I know you're not her girlfriend. She's mine so let go of her, now."

"Hahahahahaha... Look who's talking? She's yours? But she's not your wife. She's MY GIRLFRIEND." he smirked.

Matthew suddenly walked and grabbed Taeyong's collar.

"You don't know anything so better shut up your mouth!"

"Matthew, stop!" I shouted.

He let go of him and looked at me.

"Sweetie, let's talk on other place."

"No, Matthew. We're done talking."

"Sweetie--"

"Do you have some problems in hearing? Haven't you heard her? YOU'RE DONE TALKING."

"I SAID SHUT YOUR MOUTH!" he punched Taeyong.

Taeyong fell on the grass. I quickly helped him stand up.

"I SAID STOP MATTHEW!"

"He's getting on my nerves, Zoe! You better make your friend shut up."

"He's not my friend.... He's... He's my boyfriend."

I lied. Yeah, it better to hurt and push him away like this than giving him some hope because I'm single.

"No... Sweetie... You're lying..." he shook his head.

"Baby are you okay?" I looked at Taeyong and asked. He stared at me and smiled.

"Mmm.. i'm okay..."

"Sweetie?!"

"I said stop calling me that, Matthew. You're married.. and I'm already in a relationship..." i intertwined my hand to Taeyong.

He held it tightly...

Why do i feel like he's really my boyfriend?

"Hahahaha.." he laughed bitterly. "Don't fool me Zoe. I know you're still single because you're not yet 18. Stop this act, its not effective."

I should do something.

"Baby... Can I kiss you right now? I know your mad because I'm with him so I wanted to show how sorry and love you in front of him." I said.

"Sweetie stop it!"

"Of course... I'm all yours, baby." He said.

He held my waist and pulled me closer to him. He slowly leaned in and I closed my eyes.

Until our lips touched and let him lead our kiss. He was kissing me softly and I'm unable to respond. My hand automatically moved and held his face.

I pulled his head closer and buried his lips to mine. I followed the rhythm of our kiss and kissed him passionately. He held my waist tightly while I deepen our kiss.

Its getting deeper and it's like we're both hungry from kisses. We kissed each other like there's no tomorrow.

We didn't stop until I reached my limit. I can't breathe. I let go of his lips and I saw his lips following mine, like it doesn't want to end our kiss.

I looked at his eyes, down to his lips.

That was my first kiss....

"You're just making me jealous right? Because you're angry at me.. Okay fine... But sweetie, go back to me now please."

Oh geezz... I forgot Matthew is still here.

"I'm sorry..." that's the only thing I said.

"You lied. I thought you're going to do that rule. You're still 17 and you have a boyfriend? What about me? Am I just someone you loved when you were 16 years old?! That's why its easy to yu to move on? That's unfair, Zoe!"

"That's because she loves me so much. You can't do anything about it. The rule? It came from her twin brother, Mark. He knows our relationship and broke the rule. Why? Because I fought for her. Unlike you who let yourself marry others and let go of the one you truly loved. Once you let it go, there's no getting back. She's mine now." Taeyong said.

He held my hand and dragged me away from him.

Thank you, Taeyong.

-------

First kiss? Nah! That was your second kiss Zoe HAHAHHAHAHAH

Don't forget to vote! ☆/♡