Something Fishy and Someone Lazy

Away from the Limelight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ASHLEY POV

9:15, I pull over our office building and was greeted by the valet parking attendant.

"Good morning Ms. Ashley, running late again?" Jason said jokingly.

"You bet! I won't be Ashley if I was early, you know" I answered as I tossed my car keys to him and run to the lobby. I was greeted by the guard and a few employees as I rush through the elevator. Upon reaching the 8th floor I hurriedly went to my office room and was welcomed by Mia with my coffee on her right hand and a planner on the left.

"woah! relax. they're still discussing something about the servers, you won't be needed yet. Not in the next 30 mins." she smiled while flipping through the planner.

"What?! I ran here thinking that I was late and you tell me that I wont be needed yet? then why bother sending a calendar that says 9 am when I'm needed at 9:45. Don't you realize how stressful it is to run and do things in a rush when I thought I was running late again and..."

Mia cut my rantings "Excuse you miss punctual. For your information, your schedule is really set at 9am. I told Ms. Reyes that you will be late so she decided to discuss something first with the IT team than wasting her time waiting for you."

I slump into the chair as I grab my coffee from Mia's hand trying to catch my breathe and compose myself while Mia was briefing me about my schedule and tasks for the day. "Wait. Why would they wait for me and discuss a whole different topic when they could have just started the meeting and I could simply catch up once I get there... unless..." I look at Mia suspiciously and I see her biting her lips. That's a sign indicating that she's nervous. But nervous about what? "Are you hiding anything from me, Remia Castillo?!" I probed. "Ww-what are you talking about?" she stuttered, as she tried to avoid my eyes. She's definitely hiding something. It's obvious that she's evading my question as she tried to excuse herself and step out of my room, I stood up and blocked the door. "Not so fast, missy! Is the emergency meeting about me? Does it involve something serious that I might not like? Is it something crucial that I need to prepare myself with?" I threw in a lot of questions that obviously caught her off guard.

Mia stood straight, inhaled and stated "Look boss, I have an idea on what the meeting is all about. again, just an idea, I dont know everything. I'm not even sure if what I know is right. yes, it might be something really important, and yes it is something that you might not like. and YES, I can only say this much coz you know pretty well that I dont have the right to say anything, especially if it's the order of the president. She would want to tell it to you personally." wait. what is really happening? I was just trying to throw in different stuff just in case I hit the right one but why do I feel lik this is really something serious and there is so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter