The Brother

Away from the Limelight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In Manila

 

Ashley decided to have a lunch out with her brother in a secluded restaurant. They both don’t like eating in crowded places, so they’ve mastered the art of discovering the most private restaurants. As they stepped in the restaurant, she was shocked with what she saw.

 

“Don’t you dare do anything stupid!” she warned her brother, after feeling that he was about to react. “Go to our seat. I’ll just say hi to them.”

“You don’t have to. He’s a bastard.” He hissed.

“He is, but his family was nice to me.” She glared at her brother.

“I’ll just go out to smoke then.” His brother sighed. Good thing her brother followed her advice and left her to face the family of her ex-boyfriend. Yup. Unfortunately, the family of his ex was also at the same restaurant. As much as she hates him but his family was very good to her. It’s a shame if she doesn’t at least say hi to them. It’s been 2 years since she last saw them.

 

She slowly approached the table.

“Oh my gosh! Ashley!” the sister of his ex stood up as soon as she saw her. She walked faster towards the table and gave her a hug.

“Hi, I saw you dining so I thought of approaching you guys, it’s been a long time.” She greeted her and greeted their parents as well. She saw his ex and gave him a smile as well.

“Come join us, Ashley! It’s been a long time since we met you.” his mom invited her to seat.

“As much as I’d love too, but I’m with my brother. But we can talk for a bit since he’s still outside. How are you all doing?” she managed to say not minding the stare of his ex.

“We’re doing great, it’s been a long time since we last saw you.” his dad replied. They were very welcoming, which was great instead of being awkward. “You, how are you doing?” his dad asked her.

“I’m doing great as well. I just came home for the holidays, but I’m currently assigned in Korea.” She shared.

“Woah! Korea?! I’ve been watching a lot of dramas and listening to their music recently. I envy you!” the sister pouted.

“You can come and visit there. I’ll tour you around!” she offered.

“Are you serious?” the sister was excited about that.

“Yup. Just tell me in advance. You can stay in my house there.” She smiled.

Her ex was not saying a thing right now but was just staring at her. Probably guilty for what he did. But for Ashley, it’s all in the past now.

 

A few minutes after, a guy entered the restaurant scanning, as if looking for someone. Ashley was busy talking to the family so she did not notice it until she heard a voice. A very familiar voice.

“Ash…” she turned around and was surprised with what she saw. It was TOP, wearing just a cap. Not mask and shades on. He caught the attention of every one in the table.

“What are you doing here?” she asked surprised.

“Visiting you..” he said softly feeling the stare of everyone else in the table.

“Give me a sec.” she told the family and TOP as she approached the manager of the restaurant.

“Oppa, can you follow the manager to the VIP room. I’ll follow shortly.” She instructed him and he obliged understanding why she did that.

“Ash, isn’t that…” the sister recognized who TOP was.

“I’m sorry about that.” She cut her immediately. “As much as I would want to catch up with you guys, I think I need to go.” She explained to the family.

“Ash… he’s TOP, right? You know him???” the sister insisted.

“Rose, I will explain later. But, can we please pretend that you did not see him here? I don’t know what he’s doing here as well.” she begged.

“You’re close with him?” the sister won’t stop.

“I’ll explain later, I promise. I’ll call you. I’m sorry but I need to go.”  She apologized again and directed towards the VIP room.

“Who was that?” the mom asked the sister.

“He’s an artist in Korea, mom. A very famous one. I’m surprised they know each other.” The sister shared.

 

Inside the VIP Room

 

TOP was patiently waiting inside the VIP room. Ashley entered while talking to the phone.

“Yeah, just go straight to the VIP Room, I’ll explain when you get here.” She ended the call.

“Jagiya!!!” she ran to him and quickly gave him a hug. “What are you doing here?”

“To see you.” he smiled. “I missed you” tightening his hug.

“Who are you with?! How did you get here!?” she asked frantically, she still couldn’t believe that he’s here in front of her.

“I’m alone.” He admitted.

“What?! You’re crazy! You know that you’re popular here, right?! How can you walk around alone?!” she nagged him.

“I have ninja skills.” He smirked and she shook her head.

“The stunt you pulled was risky.” She warned him.

“But I wanted to see you.” he said and that made her smile.

 

As they were catching up, the door to the VIP room swung open revealing her brother.

“What the hell is happening, Ash?!” her brother blurted out without even noticing that there was someone else in the room. “Did they do anything?! Why are you hiding here?!” he was furious.

“Hey! Stop overreacting, I’m fine!” she smacked her brother’s arms.

“Ouch!” her brother rubbed the area she smacked. “Can you stop being violent, I’ll call the police.” He hissed and that’s the only time he noticed the presence of TOP. He looked at Ashley with a questioning look.

“Drei this is Seunghyun, Seunghyun this is Drei.” Ash introduced them, after hearing the name, TOP immediately approached them and introduced himself properly.

“Hi, you must be Ashley’s younger brother. I’m Seunghyun, her boyfriend.” He extended his arms and Drei shook it while glaring at Ashley.

“Boyfriend?” he asked her.

“Can we all talk about this on the way home? We got to leave this place. I think the waiters are now gossiping.” She suggested.

“I thought we’ll eat. I’m hungry.” Drei whined.

“I’ll feed you in my house. Let’s just go.” She insisted.

“Aish. Fine. I still don’t get why they will gossip; we always eat here anyway.” Drei was still whining. He has no idea who the guy they were with.

“I said, I’ll explain later. Now can you help me bring him to the car? I just need to say goodbye properly to Mark’s family.” She said sternly to force her brother to just obey.

“Why would you need to say goodbye to your bastard ex’s family!?” this statement of Drei surprised TOP that led him to give Ashley a questioning look.

“Shut it! And just do what I say.” She raised her voice, surprising the two. she glared at her brother for making things more complicated.

“Oppa, please. Just follow Drei. I will explain later. I promise.” She cooed him but she knows he’s already starting to be pissed off.

“You better.” He gritted. “Let’s go Drei.” As they left the room.

 

Ashley quickly left the VIP room and headed to Mark’s family.

“I’ll be going ahead now.” she said which surprised everyone.

“You’re leaving already? You won’t eat?” the mom asked.

“Something came up.” She smiled trying not to be obvious.

“Ashley, what is he doing here? Why do you know each other?” the sister insisted not to drop the topic.

“Uhm, I hope we can keep this among us.” She sighed. “He’s a very good friend of mine.” She explained.

“Why did he go here? Looking for you?” Mark finally said something, smelling something fishy. Noticing that she couldn’t look at any of them.

“He’s your boyfriend?” he insisted. He knows her well. Lying is not her forte. She was caught off-guard with the question.

“I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter