Hello Seoul!

Away from the Limelight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ASHLEY POV

For the past 3 days, I’ve been busy with fixing the stuff that I need to bring to Seoul and meeting friends and relatives to break the news and bid goodbyes. It was a struggle for me since I hate goodbyes and it even more that I'm the one who's leaving. I know that I can always go back here but it feels different especially when I know that I'm leaving for work. A lot will change.

2 days ago, I met up with my co-owner of our events company to break the news. He didn’t take it really well. It took me a lot of energy of convincing and assuring him that I won’t compromise our business as I leave the country and I’m always one call away just in case they need me or there’s an emergency. Good thing I'm not really that hands on with our business. I only come in when there is a big project that the current team couldn't handle.

It’s 6 pm now and our flight is at 7pm. We’re done checking in and ready to fly to Seoul and face our new challenges. It’s pretty evident in my team’s faces that they are nervous yet excited. I hope everything works out well for us.

It was a 4 and a half hour flight and we’re dead beat. Good thing our flight was not delayed coz I don’t know how long we can hold up. We got our luggage and went out of the airport. My team was picked up by the company driver. I was supposed to ride with them but I was surprised when a man approached me, showed his ID.

“Annyeong Ashley, my names is Hyun Shik, and I will be your driver.” He introduced himself in broken English.

“Oh. You can speak in Hanggul, I know how to. What do you mean you’re my driver? I didn’t hire anyone and we have our company driver here to pick us up” I asked.

“Just a moment please.” He said as he took out his phone and called someone. Once the other line picked up, he passed the phone to me. “Talk to him. He’s your dad’s secretary.”

“Hello Dave?”

“Hi Ashley. So you’ve met Hyun Shik? He is your designated driver while you are there. He knows where your villa is, he will bring you there.” He said. I guess dad really fixed everything in just 3 days.

“Okay, thanks Dave and please tell dad to stop treating me like a baby! And let him know I’ve arrived safely. Thanks!” I heard him chuckle. He's used to me and my dad's love language: bickering.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter