Photos

Away from the Limelight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The next day, the shoot continued. This time, the boys were more comfortable that made the shoot seamless. They could hear Ashley barking instructions to people once in a while and that would prompt them to look at TOP and give him a teasing smile. She noticed what they were doing and she can’t help but smile seeing how childish these grown-ups can be.

 

The shoot wrapped up earlier than expected. They decided to go out with the production team for a dinner and a few drinks. TOP volunteered to pay for everyone. Little by little, the staff left since they have an early flight tomorrow while Big Bang along with Ashley decided to go to the beach. The members of Big Bang minus TOP decided to go for a night swim while TOP and Ashley decided to walk along the beach.

 

“Someone might see us.” Ashley tried to remove TOP’s hand on hers when he suddenly grabbed it.

“No one’s around. Don’t worry.” He assured him and she gave in.

“Remember our first date?” he asked her. “It was also in a beach. Every time I see a beach, it always reminds me of that day when you said that you liked me too.” He smiled recalling that day.

“Yeah. It was also the first time you held my hand, like this one.” She held on to him tighter.

“We should take a seat.” He suggested and assisted her to sit. She leaned her head on his shoulder while he wrapped his arms around her.

“I wish we could do this once in a while. I love the sound of the waves, sitting by the sand, and being with you. there’s nothing more I could ask for.” She said while looking straight to the water. He felt good hearing those words. She never liked being cheesy but whenever she feels an intense feeling of emotions, she’d normally blurt out sweet nothings.

“Having you is the best thing that ever happened to me. I’m glad that we both managed to hold on to each other despite our situation.” He confessed his worries.

“Oppa. What we have is perfect. People may find it weird since we can’t go out like ordinary people but I don’t care. I like things to be in private as well. and I’d rather stay with you indoors than be feasted upon by people. That’s only going to make you uncomfortable.” She assured him.

“I’m one lucky man.” He smiled as he hugged her closer to him. “I must have saved the country in my past life to be able to have you right now.” he said before moving closer to her to give her a soft kiss.

“I love you, jagiya.” She whispered. They stayed there for a long time that TOP felt that she’s putting more weight to him. He looked at her and saw that she fell asleep. He chuckled coz she must be super tired to fall asleep. He carefully lifted her bridal style. She moved closer to him, wrapping her hands on his nape for support. He carried her all the way to the hotel, passing by Big Bang to inform them that they’ll be going ahead. He situated her on the bed before heading to the bathroom to take a shower.

 

After taking a bath, he laid down beside her. He was surprised that Ashley stood up and headed straight to the shower half asleep. He chuckled seeing her that way. It must be a habit. Not being able to fall asleep fully without bathing.

“You know you look cute walking like a zombie to the bathroom?” he greeted her as soon as she got out of the bathroom.

“I was sleepy but I feel sticky so I needed to take a shower.” She smiled now fully awake.

“Are you still sleepy?” he asked and she shook her head.

“Good, then we can do what you promised yesterday.” A smile plastered on his face.

“I knew you were going to say that.” She teased as she approached him. He pulled her to the bed that caught her off-guard, he was now lying on top of her.

“You know I was looking forward to it the whole day!” he claimed her lips that made her smile before responding to his kiss. As usual, they spent the whole night showing how much they missed each other and how badly they wanted each other.

 

Ashley flew back to Seoul earlier than everyone else after getting a call from Mia that there was an emergency.

“Can you email me everything and make sure nothing gets out of hand.” She instructed Mia. “Also, send me the number of YG. I’ll call him personally.” She said as soon as they entered the airport.

“Yoboseyo?” YG answered.

“Anneonghasayo, Hyunsuk-ssi, this is Ashley. We’ve met last week.” She introduced herself. “Did I catch you in a bad time?”

“It’s okay. I guess getting a call from you means that you know.” He asked.

“I’m on my way back to Seoul. Can we discuss this? I can go straight to your office as soon as I land.” She asked sounding very urgent.

“I’d want to hear what you have to say. I will wait for you.” he agreed.

“And please don’t say anything to Seunghyun first.” She politely asked.

“I already asked him to come over, though, I haven’t told him the reason why I asked him to be in my office. He’s taking a flight later than yours so we could probably talk before he gets here.” He explained.

“I’m good with that. We can talk before that then. I’ll see you in 2 hours.” She said and ended the call.

 

As discussed, she headed straight to YG building while Mia headed straight to do what Ashley asked her to. She was welcomed by Hyunsuk by the door and assisted her to his room.

 

“I didn’t expect to meet you in this circumstance, Ashley-ssi.” YG Greeted.

“I’m sorry to cause you trouble. I warned him about this possibility but he said that it was safe. I shouldn’t have agreed and be more careful.” She apologized.

“I was surprised when I saw the photos. I had no idea about it.” YG admitted.

“You know the implication of this, don’t you?” he raised his eyebrows.

“That’s why I’m here.” She stated.

“Have you seen the photos?” he asked her and she nodded.

“How?” he wondered.

“I was informed by the media outlet. Probably the same people who sent you the photos.” She explained.

“What do you plan on doing then?” YG asked.

“I know the company where the photographer is working. I’ve already called them to dispose the photos. By now, there should not be any photos of us surfacing.” She explained to him, YG’s brows creased upon hearing her.

“And do you think they will agree just like that? You actually believe they would erase it with you just telling them to? Ashley-ssi we pay them huge amount of money just for them to delete photos of our artist and not cause any scandals. That’s how it works.” He smirked thinking that she’s not getting the gravity of the whole situation.

“First of all, you may call me Ashley. Just Ashley.” She smiled. “Secondly, I know that companies like yours pay a huge amount of money to protect the image of your artists.”

“Lastly, I’m not comfortable saying this but, I have my ways.” She smirked back.

“And how would you do it?” he still doesn’t buy it.

“You can listen to my call then. I’ll put it on speaker mode.” She then dialled a number. After a few rings her call was picked up.

 “Hey dad!” she greeted.

“Hey baby girl! Why am I receiving a call from you at this hour? Is there something wrong?” the man on the other line asked worriedly.

“Yeah. I need your help.” She started.

“Help? You’ve never asked for help. is there something big going on with you Ashley Martinez?” her dad is starting to feel uneasy.

“Dad. You know I don’t like dealing with dirty stuff so as much as possible I deal with things on my own but right now. I seriously need your help.” she sighed.

“Spill it now.” his voice becoming stern.

“I know I’ve got explaining to do about this but I promise to do that after. Or you could ask Drei about it since he knows it.” She mumbled starting to get nervous.

“Ashley. Stop beating around the bush.” He stopped her.

“I have a boyfriend.” She blurted out which surprised YG confirming the photos he saw. Ashley noticed his reaction and tried to look at him.

“You what? Did you just say you have a boyfriend?” he raised his voice. “Who is this guy? Why do you need help? did he do something to you?” the voice of her dad was very authoritative that shocked YG upon hearing their conversation.

“Dad. No. listen to me first.” She cut him before he starts saying something hurtful.

“I have a boyfriend. His name is Choi Seunghyun or TOP from the boy group Bigbang.” She sensed that his dad was about to in. “Dad! I said listen first. You do not say a thing until I’m done.” She bickered. “I know I’ve had tons of explaining to do how I ended up with him but to cut the long story short. I need your help to stop the press. I went out on a date with him and apparently some photographer decided to trail behind us and captured photos of our date. They sent me and his company the photos and said that they intent to release the photos. Artists here get condemned for dating and that would spark a scandal for him that can damage his career. Plus. My face was clearly visible dad. And you know how I hate seeing my face in newspapers.” She stopped signalling her dad to speak up.

He gave out a deep sigh. “Ashley, I still don’t get how you ended up with an artist when you hate the attention too much. Do you even understand the gravity of the situation? If those photos get released, are you sure your boyfriend can handle the pressure he’ll face? And I’m not talking about his career being damaged or him getting a scandal there. You know how the press here and abroad could pull him down and his name will be dragged with our family’s.” Ashley noticed the reaction of YG upon hearing the words her dad said.

“Dad! You don’t have to remind me about that. And yes, I already explained the whole situation to him before we even got together.” She assured him.

“Wait, what? You told him everything?” his voi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter